** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Australian Open 2012

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Kei Nishikori to beat J.W.Tsonga @ 5.21 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Ekaterina Makarova (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 4.85 with Pinnacle:ok:ok
Wee. captaincool: That is not going to help, as both bets will be voided anyway - there is nothing you can do in these cases.

Smaller stakes. Kei Nishikori to beat J.W.Tsonga @ 5.21 with Pinnacle No need to overrate Tsonga here, he has never beaten Nishikori and he might not be able to get through him again. Nishikori can be very tough, improved his fitness in the off-season and fought back against Benneteau nicely, so he will be ready for this one. Bad match-up for Tsonga I fell, have seen their matches and he was never in control. Fair odds about 3.20, not above 5. Ekaterina Makarova (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 4.85 with Pinnacle Not stopping with these either, Makarova was good against Zvonareva, completely destroyed her in the second now. Now Williams will be a tougher challenge, but her tricky lefty game should be good enough here. Serena still with movement problems I feel. The +7 handicap is good too, but I would rather go for the huge odds.
Well done CzechPunter. :clap :clap My bet I have on the previous page,if I'm doing this correctly am I +16.95 from my 2 singles & double??(never done this point system before.) Any help would be appreciated

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Liscki vs Sharapova Hardest match for Sharapova so far here. Both of these girsl are offering chancees of break and I think here will be the chance of Lisicki. Maria, offered 6 chances of break in a match that won 6-1, 6-2. If Lisicki will hold better than kerber - and I am sure she will - can have a chances here. Lisicki @ 4.10 with 5dimes

Sharapova @ 1.33 seems very short to me, she's looked decent but I've been very impressed with lisicki throughout the tournement. At anything above 1.55 I'd be all over Sharapova, but at 1.33 she's a clear lay. Can't get my head round the cjlisters / wozanacki pricing, Caroline has a record of choking in the big games, cjlisters is a proven winner at the highest level. i'd have Kim as 1.9 fav, not a 2.1 underdog Sent from my A500 using PL Forum

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Djokovici vs Hewitt Straight sets? yes; Quick sets? yes. This is how I see this match and I think that this price is far too generous. Hewitt is overpriced here as he should managed to get more than 10 games in this match. In my opinion he can't do that against a player that starts his dominance with his first serve and ends it when the opponent is declared defeated. under 28.5 games @ 1.80 with Paddy Power

For tonight two picks! 2/10 Murray - Kukushkin over 26.5 games @ 1.85 Tipico VOID:eyes I see a little value here. Why shall Kukushkin not can win nine games against Murray? Playing nice last matches and 6-3 6-3 6-3 is enough here. Last match was in Brisbane this year, a 3 setter :). 5/10 Ferrer tb. Gasquet @ 1.50 Stan James :nana Only value i can find for this match. Don't play the AH in sets or games for Ferrer but maybe this match will be a thriller. I think Ferrer must can win this match.
Good night :)!

Ivanovic to bt Kvitova @4.20 Pinnacle LOSS Ivanovic +4.5 games > Kvitova @2.02 Pinnacle LOSS Ferrer (vs gasquet) x Sharapova (vs Lisicki) double @1.902 Pinnacle WIN Nishikori (+2.5 sets) to bt Tsonga @1.699 Pinnacle WIN
Anna huge disappointment in the first set :wall But good news is that we won't see this Lisicki's retarded smile anymore in this tournament :D stll -1.6 u for the event edit: tailing fishy on Djoker - 9.5 games to bt Hewitt @1.943 Pinnacle Money pouring on Hewitt, the price is now realy good.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Ferrer vs Gasquet -4 WIN Very easy win Gasquet played very bad and Ferrer deserved to win,I put a lot's of money on that bet and i'm happy to say to everyone who followed congrats.Very good tips from some others punters.:clap

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 My match for tonight is Wozniacki vs (Clijesters) @ 2.20 Usually I don't bet on women's tennis but I must say that odds here are good and Wozniacki is injured I don't know have bad is injury but it could be enough to make her loose the match.Clijesters seems stronger and more powerful player and I think that she is good enough to beat Wozniacki.:hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 It's Clijsters who is clouded with injury talk mate, rolled her ankle against Li but came through well. Say it was stiff after, probably bruised. Would advise taking that with a bookie who voids on retirements just in case. Personally still looking for an angle on that match, usually I would have Clijsters at 1.6 at best to beat the boring pusher, match is on her racquet.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Nadal vs Berdych Looks to me something like Ferrer vs Gasquet. Verdych hates playing against Nadal that left him no chance 10 times in 11 matches. Last match was a 2-1 win with Berdych winning the 2nd set. But I rate Nadal much better than he was in Miami in 2011. Nadal will win this match in 3 sets as he is very, very motivated to do well this year. He saw what happened with Djokovic if relaxing earlier, he knows he cannot afford to do that and he will surely be concentrated 100%. Nadal -2.5 sets @ 2.42 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Azarenka vs Radwanska Despite the fact that these two ladies have offered always tight battles I rate Azarenka with many chances to end this match with a 2-0 win. She has been glorious at points and by game play and she is able to turn Agniesza down. Tight match, but considering the service of Azarenka I think she will win comfortably this one! Azarenka -1.5 AH sets @ 2.11 with Pinnacle Sports

Sport Tennis
Event Australian Open 2012 - Mens to win outright
Selection Roger Federer
Strength 10/10
Date 29/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning Novak Djokovic is a favorite to win Australian Open but odd for his win is low. I think Roger is able to win the title. In the last season he played in the final at French Open, had two match points in the semifinal at US Open. He still plays great. Federer will play against del Potro in the next round. Roger leads 7-2 in head-to-head series so he can beat Juan Martin. Federer probably will play against Nadal in the semifinal. I give him more chances on this surface. Roger likes play here, he has won three times Australian Open. Federer easy has won three matches in three sets. For me, he is able to beat Novak and Rafa!

Sara Errani to beat Jie Zheng - 3' date=10 @ Bwin - 6/10 This is a bet based on match-up, beacuse Jie Zheng LOVES pace, and to play against ballbashers with a lot of power in their shots, cause it gives the chines player a lot of chances to counter attack behind the baseline. Sara Errani is the opposite of what you call a "powerplayer" or "ballbasher", she is rather a little, hardworking ant with gigantic fighting skills, and she hardly misses a shot in good shape, which she obviously is now. Errani beat Cirstea in the 3.round, but the romanian was playing really good until a backinjury prevented her to show up her best game and challange the italian. However, the match-up here should be at least as good, or even better, for Errani. Because a player like Sorana Cirstea is a player who can put a lot of pace on the ball no matter what, cause she is strong and big. Little Jie Zheng cant do that, so she will not be able to counter attack that impressive as against Bartoli last round, where she really used Bartolis weakness who is the mobility on the court. I think the right price here is around 2,50. Good Luck ! ------------------------------------ I also have more bets from AO here on my blog: http://winningsafe.blogspot.com/
Great first night for me :) Tonight i will go for: Tomas Berdych to beat Rafael Nadal - 4,60 @ Bet365 - 4/10 This is a bad match-up for Berdych, but I like the odds of 4,60 too much, so I wil try a bet here with small stake. Berdych have impressed me a lot so far in his matches against Anderson and Almagro, where his serve´ve been working excellent. He plays with so much power and depth that its hard to get any rythm against him. Rafael Nadal seems to be in good shape from the back of the court, but I dont like his serve so far in the tournament. Against Berdych who serves really good and is hard to break it can be dangerous. For me, Berdych seems to be a better player overall than ever before and much more calm and experienced. I know his record against Nadal is bad, he has 10 straight losses, but its time for him to do like Vitas Gerulaitis once said before the match he finally defeated Connors "Nobady beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row" ;)

Great first night for me :) Tonight i will go for: Tomas Berdych to beat Rafael Nadal - 4,60 @ Bet365 - 4/10 This is a bad match-up for Berdych, but I like the odds of 4,60 too much, so I wil try a bet here with small stake. Berdych have impressed me a lot so far in his matches against Anderson and Almagro, where his serve´ve been working excellent. He plays with so much power and depth that its hard to get any rythm against him. Rafael Nadal seems to be in good shape from the back of the court, but I dont like his serve so far in the tournament. Against Berdych who serves really good and is hard to break it can be dangerous. For me, Berdych seems to be a better player overall than ever before and much more calm and experienced. I know his record against Nadal is bad, he has 10 straight losses, but its time for him to do like Vitas Gerulaitis once said before the match he finally defeated Connors "Nobady beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row" ;)
Good joke! He has 11 in a row already! 10 without losing a set!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Federer vs Del Porto I think Federer will have a tough game here but for sure he will be able to win every single set. He showed control and capability of concentration in order to get a break by set exactly when he was needing that most. Del Porto is capable of doing more against any one, but Federer has the class that is missing Del Potro and this will make the difference. Federer -2.5 sets @ 2.86 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Some cracking calls in here again last night. :clap As for tonight i'm taking; Rafa Nadal vs Tomas Berdych – Nadal -5.5 games 1.85 at Bwin (1 unit) As pointed out above Nadal has a great record against Berdych , winning 10 in a row, with 9 of these being in straight sets. With the way Rafa has been playing so far this tournament, with 4 convincing wins I can see no way in which Berdych can put a dent in this run and it should be a relatively routine win for the Spaniard. In doing so he should be able to beat this handicap. Victoria Azarenka vs Agnieska Radwanska – over 20.5 games 1.83 at Ladbrokes(1 unit) I’m no oracle on womens tennis but I was expecting this games line to be maybe one or two games higher, given the past matches these two have played on hard courts. In the five matches they have played they have averaged 25 games and I suspect a similarly tight affair today. Both women are playing impressive tennis here, and it might be a long slog until someone can force a few mistakes. Azarenka has had quite an easy tournament but it has at least enabled her to continue the run of form that brought her the title in Sydney 10 days ago. Whilst it has be plain sailing here for her so far, it must be said that in the last three rounds at Sydney against better players she was taken over this game line in all those rounds. Radwanska was a bit sloppy at the start of the tournament against Mattek Sands but since then has recorded comprehensive wins over decent competitors inc that 6-1 6-1 against the 22nd seed Georges so seemingly has also found her form, and so should be able to compete perhaps more than the outright odds suggest. Caroline Wozniaki vs Kim Clijsters – over 21.5 games 1.91 at Coral (1 unit) Have given this match up a lot of consideration and whilst I do still fancy Kim to win, that ankle injury is a concern so will have a punt on this instead. Clijsters has a solid 3-0 H2H record versus Woz, but in all of those games the Dane has been able to keep things relatively close, forcing 21 matches in two of them and 30 in the other. With the ankle injury you would have to think that Wozniaki could push Clijsters a little bit more here and given how close the previous matches have been to passing this games line I think there is a good chance of a positive result here. . Clijsters of course is a fighter and will not back down easily. She won 2 tight sets even when injured against Li Na, so doubt she will succumb easily, if indeed she is to succumb. :hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 3/10 Berdych - Nadal over 9.5 games in the first set @ 1.70 Unibet Call here. 3 off the 4 matches that Nadal will played this AO are in the first set over 9.5 games. Only one match their will be a under. I see al little bit value here. 4/10 Wozniacki tb. Clijsters @ 1.83 William Hill I don't see Clijsters full recovered from here injury and see a little bit value for Woz. If she can play with fully concentration she can reach the next round.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I'm sure this will have an effect on Berdych's game, he was clearly upset, there will be no love for the Czech from the Aussie crowd today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLsYXRQTCE Also Almagro is Nadal's friend, but not that the Spaniard needs any extra motivation against Berdych, as they had a few incidents of their own. The set H2H since 2006 is 22-1. Taking all of this into account, I went for Nadal -6, let's see what happens :)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Really frustrating last night and eventually ended with a small loss but god knows how. Djokovic seemed to be cruising for the best part of 2 and a half sets and Sharapova had a point to cover the handicap. Add to that Kukushkin retiring in the third set when Murray was cruising just highlighted what a frustrating day of tennis it was. I'll update the P/L tomorrow and I'm not going to do a writeup for my bets tonight as the PL site is going to be down for a few hours I think so just going to get the bets in here for everyone to see. Juan Martin Del Potro vs Roger Federer- Over 37.5 games- 4/5 Coral- (4/10) Both playing well at the minute and Del Potro has the game to stay close to Federer and don't expect too many breaks in this one. Hopefully the Argentinian comes through it as well which he has a chance of doing. Rafael Nadal (-5.5 games) to beat Thomas Berdych- 5/6 Sportingbet- (4/10) Head to head speaks volumes in this one. Nadal has gone from strength to strength and looks as though he isn't being hampered at all by injury. If he stays solid, he should win with plenty to spare. Victoria Azarenka vs Agnieszka Radwanska- Over 20.5 games- 5/6 Coral- (4/10) Line looks too low to me. Only a couple of the matches in the past between these two haven't covered this line and both coming into this one off a couple of easy wins so confidence should be high for both. Caroline Wozniacki vs Kim Clijsters- Under 22.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Previous matches between the pair don't support this bet but Clijsters should either win in 2 or lose in 2 I'd imagine depending on the extent of her injury. She'll have to be aggressive and keep the rallies short and don't see this going to a third set.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Sharapova covered the line narrowly earlier thankfully, Murray hcap was a void annoyingly as he was cruising. Liking Nadal today. Nadal -5.5 games vs Berdych @ 2.010 (Pinnacle:3pts) Night match vs Nadal, this is gonna be tough for Berdych. He already has a terrible record against the Spaniard, Nadal is usually just too tough for him, mentally stronger, better in key moments. Berdych is playing well but he was leaking errors against Almagro and I'd expect Rafa to force him into similar situations. Berdy really needs a big serving performance, but I wonder if he can keep it up in a long format against a player like Nadal, lets just say I'm doubtful. Nadal has looked quite good, needs to serve better in these later rounds but I'd expect him to come through in 3 or 4 in this one, hopefully giving the h'cap a chance.

Some cracking calls in here again last night. :clap As for tonight i'm taking; Rafa Nadal vs Tomas Berdych – Nadal -5.5 games 1.85 at Bwin (1 unit) As pointed out above Nadal has a great record against Berdych , winning 10 in a row, with 9 of these being in straight sets. With the way Rafa has been playing so far this tournament, with 4 convincing wins I can see no way in which Berdych can put a dent in this run and it should be a relatively routine win for the Spaniard. In doing so he should be able to beat this handicap. Victoria Azarenka vs Agnieska Radwanska – over 20.5 games 1.83 at Ladbrokes(1 unit) I’m no oracle on womens tennis but I was expecting this games line to be maybe one or two games higher, given the past matches these two have played on hard courts. In the five matches they have played they have averaged 25 games and I suspect a similarly tight affair today. Both women are playing impressive tennis here, and it might be a long slog until someone can force a few mistakes. Azarenka has had quite an easy tournament but it has at least enabled her to continue the run of form that brought her the title in Sydney 10 days ago. Whilst it has be plain sailing here for her so far, it must be said that in the last three rounds at Sydney against better players she was taken over this game line in all those rounds. Radwanska was a bit sloppy at the start of the tournament against Mattek Sands but since then has recorded comprehensive wins over decent competitors inc that 6-1 6-1 against the 22nd seed Georges so seemingly has also found her form, and so should be able to compete perhaps more than the outright odds suggest. Caroline Wozniaki vs Kim Clijsters – over 21.5 games 1.91 at Coral (1 unit) Have given this match up a lot of consideration and whilst I do still fancy Kim to win, that ankle injury is a concern so will have a punt on this instead. Clijsters has a solid 3-0 H2H record versus Woz, but in all of those games the Dane has been able to keep things relatively close, forcing 21 matches in two of them and 30 in the other. With the ankle injury you would have to think that Wozniaki could push Clijsters a little bit more here and given how close the previous matches have been to passing this games line I think there is a good chance of a positive result here. . Clijsters of course is a fighter and will not back down easily. She won 2 tight sets even when injured against Li Na, so doubt she will succumb easily, if indeed she is to succumb. :hope
What do you think about Nadal -6,5?