Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I like Kukushkin as a dog against Troicki. Kukushkin took a set from Murray in Brisbane and blow Garcia Lopez off the court in round 1. On the other side we have Troicki who is coming from 5 setter against Ferrero and he was totally outplayed by Monfils in Doha. Surely you can't compare Monfils and Kukushkin but i see Kukushkin as a player on the rise and pretty good form, while Troicki is in a slump lately. Troicki is 3-0 in H2H but 2 of those matches were played 5 and 6 years ago and most recent one is two years ago from Zagreb in which Kukushkin come really close with 7-5 7-5. I think odds over 4 are great for Kukushkin win. From WTA i like Cirstea to beat U. Radwanska with a handicap, although she is coming from a great win vs Stosur (who is in bad form actually) and can be a little mentally empty i think she is still the better player of these two. Cirstea also won vs Mattek - Sands and Pervak this season, while Radwanska beat Benesova (great result) and got hammered by her sister Agnieszka with 6-1 6-1.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Sorana Carstea vs Urszula Radwanska Despite the fact that Urszula leads 2-1 on direct meetings, Sorana won last meeting very conficing 6-4, 6-1 in 2008, while the other 2 matches were 2006 and 2007. Sorana improved a lot in last year with wins over Pszek, Rodionova, Pavlyuchenkova, Voegele, Arvidsson and of course, 2-0 with Stosur, last round. Urszula won against Benesova in Sydney and also against Peers. Sorana offered just 6 chances of break for Stosur, while Urzula offered 9 to a much weaker Riske! Expect Sorana same game play like she had with Stosur, so a convincing win in the end! Hai Sorana! Sorana Carstea –1.5 sets @ 2.19 with 188bet Dokic vs Bartoli Well, Dokic started to play very bad against Marion in Sydney losing 0-6 in the first set. She did won 3 in the second set. But here, I definitely do not see her taking 7 games to beat my bet. Bartoli is a force right now, she is thrashing everyone comes in her front and tries to reach at least the semis! Under 18.5 games @ 2.10 with Paddy Power Barbora Zahlavova-Strychova vs Serena Williams The bet is that Serena to lose 5 games. I think it is possible and I go with fully stake on that. She did that in 16 of the last 19 matches. Barbora also won at least 5 games in all of her matches played since June. She was able to win against Ivanovic, Azarenka, Wozniacky, Paszek and Jovanovski. The bet stands with good value! Better take this one instead of overs, as there is a better odd here. Strychova +7.5 games @ 1.95 with centrebet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Rochus could not do it for the thread unfortunately. Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Marcos Baghdatis @ 2.20 with Pinnacle This is a 50/50 match at best and this price offers value. Wawrinka has his struggles, but he had some decent results recently and he made a good run in Melbourne last year, so he definitely has a chance against Baghdatis, who is just too hit or miss for me. It may also easily go to the distance and I would fancy Wawrinka in that case, since he seems to have that little bit of extra.
Nice again bro. Followed on this in play and made a bit.

2/10 Cipolla - Lopez CS: 0-3 @ 2.55 Betsson :nana Lopez playing good on this surface. Cipolla beat Davydenko in the first round, but i don't like Davy the fixer. Lopez have more quality and a very good service to beat Cipolla quickly. 2/10 Lacko tb. Young @ 2.00 Bwin :nana Young playing not good the last weeks. Lacko playing very well and i like his game on this surface. It is not easy for him, but i think he can beat Young here if Young played like the last weeks. 3/10 Baghdatis tb. Wawrinka @ 1.73 WilliamHill :@ Baggy playing good last weeks. But he is not steady in this tournaments. Wawrinka the same. He like this surface, but can he handle his form and beat Baggy here? I think not. 4/10 Almagro tb. Dimitrov @ 1.73 StanJames :nana Almagro playing bad against Sugita and playing a very bad set against Kubot. But from the second set he will played better and i think he will win this match against Dimitrov. Dimitrov had not a easy game against Chardy and he have not enough quality to win here. 5/10 Isner tb. Nalbaldian @ 2.20 WilliamHill :nana Why is Isner dog here? Fatty Nalbaldian had a easy first round. But can he handle the service from Isner? I think Isner can win this games in maybe 4 or 5 sets. For me its this a 55/45 spot, nice odds for Isner! 7/10 Lopez -1.5 set tb. Cipolla @ 1.55 SBOBet :nana See above! Goodluck all!
Great night! +15 units! Totally 126+% ROI this AO!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 This plan to play today, so I'm interested in your opinion .... thanks in advance ;) Monfils G.-Bellucci T. (19.01. 09:00) 1 1,20 Roddick A.-Hewitt L. (19.01. 09:55) 1 1,30 Troicki V.(sš)-Kukushkin M (19.01. 05:00) 1 1,35 LlodraM/ZimonjN-KerrJo/You (19.01. 04:45) 1 1,10 Raonic M.-Petzschner P. (19.01. 01:00) 1 1,25 Gasquet R.-Golubev A. (19.01. 03:45) 1 1,15

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Chela vs Andujar 2 players that do not prefer this surface to play on. Chela leads 3-2, but Andujar beat Chela on this surface 6-0, 7-6 in 2011. Chela won against Russell 3-0 offering 11 chances of break. Andujar won against Kunitsyn and won in 3 sets offering just 7 chances of break. Both players are good on return and none of them has a great serve. Seems to me a balanced match and hope that will see at least 4 long sets. Over 37.5 @ 1.88 with Centrebet Raonic vs Petzchner Raonic is clearly in a great form. With his 1.95 cm he is a great tennis player and has a great serve. Won against Tipsarevic, Almagro, Sela and Hanescu. Petzschner is good on doubles, but he had some good matches this year also on singles: 6-1. 7-5 with Melzer and 6-0, 6-0 6-2 with Rosol. I think is good to bet on aces, as Raonic had around 13 by game while Zee German around 10. I think Raonic can take this match pretty quickly and an under 39.5 game worth a try. Under 39.5 games @ 1.85 with Titanbet Ebden vs Nishikori The Australian has a good service and is not letting many chances of break for the opponents. He started the season well with wins over Roddick, Baghdatis, Granollers. Nishikori is in an outstanding form with wins over Roddick, Baghdatis and Granollers Nishikori won against Baghdatis, Tsonga and Robert. Expect a great Nishikori, expect his victory and a good match Nishikori –5 games @ 2.05 with Pinnacle Sports Simon vs Benneteau Simon won against Benneteau 4 times without losing a game. He also lost once against his compatriot. Had a tough encounter with Udomchoke. Benneteau is in a great form on hard surface winning against some good players like Baghdatis, Lopez, Bogomolov. Simon had a pretty good Brisbane tournament till he met Dolgopolov. Simon offered 11 chances of break in his last match. I expect 4 sets or more here. Over 37.5 games @ 1.88 with Centrebet Gasqet vs Golubev I will stick to my initial idea and not be influenced by the others on this forum even though sounds tempting to change the under with over. Golubev offered 22 !!! chances of break in the match with Youzhny, but also had 12 aces and 10 double faults. Played very well against a player that played modest for his value – the Russian. Gasquet is not the maybe the best on long matches, but I guess he knows that also and he will want to win quickly here. He won against Seppi, which had a pretty good start of the year. I think Golubev already enjoyed his moments of glory and now has to leave … quickly! under 33.5 games @ 2.01 with Pinnacle Sports Hewitt vs Roddick Hewitt is under Roddick as game play and maybe as form. But his ambition is huge. Nishikori beat Roddick in a great fashion and I think he can lose against Hewitt one set at least. I do not think Hewitt can win here, but a set can win and can make this match very, very attractive. Not to mention that Hewitt is in his country here. Over 36.5 games @ 1.83 with Skybet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Hewitt vs Roddick - Over 3.5 sets @ 8/13 with Paddy Power - 3 Points Both players are past their best, probably Hewitt more so than Roddick, although that doesn't hide the fact that there's been a diabolical showing to Andy's game in the start up to the new year. Lleyton is at home and has still not lost his hustle (As shown against Stebe) .. a few cmon's and fist pumps should get him a set in the bag at the very least you would imagine.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 ATP AO 05:00 Djokovic N. - Giraldo S. ------------------------------------------ 1.set under 9.5 games - 1.44 paddy power 9pts Well I like to play bankers and here is one, Djokovic to win by 6-3 at least. Djokovic on a coin tos surley will take the serv but not boderd about that his is playing awesome tennis and surley will take Giraldo out in first set by 2 breaks! Giralod is not impressive on his ser and ball will be playable much and every really Djokivic can win! Only one h2h match first set 6-3 djokovic!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Troicki vs Kukushkin - over 3.5 sets @ 8/11 with Paddy Power - 3 Points Troicki is one of the most over-rated players in the top 20 for me and Kukushkin one of the most under-rated in the top 100. The small Russian Kukushkin is talented and can certainly match Troicki from the back of the court, he possesses quite a lethal serve and Troicki will need to almost unquestionably mix it up if he is to overcome him. Kukushkin has just come off the back of whipping GGL in straight sets, whereas Troicki had to withstand Ferrero in a dramatic 5 set emotional thriller ... saving 2 match points ... physically and emotionally Troicki will be feeling it, whereas Kukushkin will be fresh as a daisy. I can see an upset here .. but in terms of betting I prefer opting for a lay which rules out the possibility of either wiping out the other in straights. :cigar

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 WTA AO 05:00 Lisicki S. - Peer S. 5pts @ 2.23 pinnacle I dont play much of over 2,00 odds but I like this one alot, I watched Lisicki in first match and she was terible she made over 30 unforced errors and bearly beat Voegle in third set 6-4. Peer on other hand is playing solid 4-2 score this season and hard suface is her best...also she won the last meating in two sets. Lisicki is not fully fit she was colling for medical time out in first round expect it here also! Peer all the way!

Sport Tennis
Event Galina Voskoboeva - Agnieszka Radwanska
Selection Galina Voskoboeva
Strength 5/10
Date 20/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 6.31
Reasoning Australian Open WTA Slam - hardcourt, round of 32. I see surprise here. Everyone knows that Agnieszka Radwanska should be a favorite in this meeting but Galina Voskoboeva is a very dangerous player. Galina Voskoboeva wasn't favorite in the first round but defeated Yanina Wickmayer in two sets. Wickmayer had only two break points and won once. Her service looks really good - 1st serve points won 82% (23/28), 5 aces. Agnieszka had big problems in the first match against Mattek-Sands. For me Voskoboeva is better player and I think she is able to beat Agnieszka.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Small one to start for me. Andujar to bt Chela @ 2.450 (Pinnacle:1pt) Small play on the Spaniard as a dog here, looks a close match on paper to me. Both are most comfortable on clay really, Chela more accomplished on the hard surface in his younger days but I dont think he's the same player now, physically he definitely isnt, Andujar actually has a horrible record on hard courts, think that 3-0 win over Kunitsyn was his first in a HC slam(might be wrong), but this shouldnt be the worst match-up, plenty of long rallies on a slow-ish hard court. He did beat Chela twice last year too, on clay and an indoor hard court. Good win for the old man vs Russell but I do wonder about Chela if he gets pushed to 4 or 5 sets, seems like Russell was gone somewhat after that long first set. Small play, see what happens, wouldnt be shocked to see some WTA-like sets and that puts me off handicaps. Chela slight fave perhaps but not at 1.6ish or whatever he's currently going for, in my humble opinion anyway. Have taken a few more bets, gonna watch the Clasico now so back on later.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Bogomolov vs Llodra - Bogomolov to win @ 5/6 with Coral - 4.5 Points Llodra isn't on the same hardcourt level as Bogo, Bogo is better of both wings, forehand and backhand as well as on the ground movement wise. Bogo's defensive skills aren't amazing, so he won't find Llodra a gimmie to break but then at the same time, Llodra's chip and charge shots, slicing and dicing stuff won't bear much of a problem for Bogo. Bogo's a seasoned pro now .. and will hustle his way to victory on this medium to slow pace Australian Open hard-court.

Sport Tennis
Event Michael Llodra - Alex Bogomolov
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.20
Reasoning For this 2nd round of the Australian Open I chose the match between the frenchman Michael Llodra (left-hander) and russian Alex Bogomolov (right-hander). These two will meet for the 3rd time in an official game, with the first two won by Llodra, both on hard (one by retirement). Bogomolov, ranked 34th in the world has really "bloomed" with age, now 28 years old and reached his career high (33rd in 2011). Along the years Bogomolov was mostly playing in challenger and ITFs but now at the Australian Open 2012 he is the 32nd seed. So far this year he wasn`t that convincing to me, 4-2 record, beating claycourter Gimeno-Traver in straight sets in the first round. On the other side we have experience Llodra, ranked 46th in the world, reaching his career high just like Bogomolov last season when he went up to 21st. So far this year I like how he started, he is 4-0 (all played on hard) beating Gulbis, a difficult one in the first 2-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-2. I honestly find the frenchman quite "changed" just by looking to the matches he played so far this season and he looks confortable here in Melbourne as well if he beat Gulbis (a dangerous player in my oppinion), not letting more then 2 games in the sets that he won. I think when it comes to serve Llodra is better and in my oppinion he improved some other parts of his game (which were weeker in the past). Even though the slight favorite is Bogomolov, I know that the frenchman has a really good shot here. Win Michael Llodra who I think has an edge against Bogomolov and that is his doubles experience and that means way better net control.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Taking some underdogs once again. I'll cut the intro this time, you know what to expect :lol Greta Arn (+1.5 sets) to beat Dominika Cibulkova @ 3.14 with Pinnacle By no means should this be priced at more than 2.50 or so. Great Arn is an experienced campaigner and this basically suggests that Cibulkova should crush her. Not happening in my opinion. On good days, Arn is still beating the likes of Kuznetsova or Sharapova. Getting a set against Cibulkova is not that hard. Pablo Andujar to beat J.I.Chela @ 2.49 with Pinnacle Not having him as a huge underdog either. He is younger, still improving and surely ambitious and confident after that victory in round one. Chela seems to have fallen into a bit of slump recently, not sure whether he can last five sets in these conditions either. Tight match probably, but Andujar not the underdog. James Duckworth (+2.5 sets) to beat Janko Tipsarevic @ 2.89 with Pinnacle This failed in the Matosevic-Monfils match, but I am not afraid to take it again. Tursunov almost beat the Serb and Duckworth will be full of confidence and motivation. Great serve and powerful groundstrokes can see him getting one set over the Serb. Considered the overs too, but this offers more value imo. Aleksandra Wozniak (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Kirilenko @ 2.20 with Pinnacle Wozniak should not be underestimated here. Big hitter, clean groundstrokes with a lot of power. Kirilenko with tons of unforced errors in the last match, Gajdosova just did not take her chances for some reason. Not sure if luck will be with the Russian once again and Wozniak can take her chances. Frederico Gil to beat Marcel Granollers @ 3.85 with Pinnacle Great H2H record and the surface in Melbourne is no Wimbledon by any means, so he is not going to get out-muscled imo. Granollers almost had a shocker against Levine and some reports suggest some health problems. Gil is a fighter that can take advantage of anything and it is find to hard reasons for pricing him above 3.00 really. He has a horrible serve, but I do not see Granollers putting it away easily to be honest. Philipp Petzschner to beat Milos Raonic @ 4.00 with Unibet Exactly why is Petzschner priced 4.00 in a battle of two serve-and-do-nothing players (yep, Raonic is improving from the baseline, but still not there imo)? 1-1 record between the two from last year and although the German can lose against anyone, he is a tough player to beat when motivated and determined. To suggest that he has about 25% chance here is ridiculous. Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova (+7.5) to beat Serena Williams @ 1.87 with Pinnacle Well, Serena Williams has covered this line in exactly 0 out of 3 matches this year. She is still moving poorly and seems to just want to get the job done more than anything else. It looks like she is just expecting the victory to come and she will get a fair share of easy victories, but the 7.5 games cushion should be more than enough.

Philipp Petzschner to beat Milos Raonic @ 4.00 with Unibet Exactly why is Petzschner priced 4.00 in a battle of two serve-and-do-nothing players (yep, Raonic is improving from the baseline, but still not there imo)? 1-1 record between the two from last year and although the German can lose against anyone, he is a tough player to beat when motivated and determined. To suggest that he has about 25% chance here is ridiculous.
I've lumped quite a bit of money on this with Bogomolov ... you are scaring me bro. Although I'm sure its just you taking the bet due to the value in the price.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Hoping to follow up successes yesterday with the following in the WTA event; Barbara Strycova vs Serena Williams – under 17.5 games 1.83 at Coral Serena looked more than capable of coping with her injury in her first round match up against Pasek where she showed good movement and coped when tested by her opponent. Even with this ankle injury she still managed to get through the game in just the 17 games and I expect the same today. Strycova is a limted player and is unable to raise her game against the top players. Last season she went under this game line against the likes Radwanska (twice), Hanchutcova, Li Na and Ivanovic. Angelique Kerber vs Stephanie Dubois – under 19.5 games 1.73 at Paddy Power Kerber has started this season in good shape, making back to back semi finals in Auckland & Hobart and clearly getting into her groove early. If she continues this form today then she should have no worries over coming Dubois someone who has no great experience at hard courts events at this level, mainly sticking to ITF events over the last couple of years. This games line allows for a routine win 6-4 6-3 etc but I have a feeling it could be easier than that for Kerber. Jelena Dokic vs Marion Bartoli – Dokic under 8.5 games 1.75 at Bwin I can find very little to argue against a decent win for Bartoli here especially considering the fact that these two played a match only last week which ended 6-0 6-3 in the French womens favour. I’ve seen some very encouraging performances from so far this season in the matches against Gujdosova, Garringues, Dokic and the second set demolition of Razzano in the first round to suggest to me that Bartoli is finding form and focus at just the right time. If she can continue that today then Dokic will have very few answers to what Bartoli throws at her. Anastasia Pavluychenkova vs Vania King – over 20.5 games 1.95 at Victor Chandler These two ladies have faced each other twice before, both winning a match and with both games going over with 23 and 26 games. The fact that these have been tight games suggests that these two are more closely matched than the rankings would suggest and both will be confident of progressing I feel. Pav’s serve can sometimes let her down and this can often undo a lot of the work she does in breaking opponents serve and mean that she at times can struggle to run away with sets. Only 1 unit of each of these. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Raonic M. - Petzschner P.
Selection over 3.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80
Reasoning Raonic took the last match between these two easy 63 63 but Petzschner improve his game quiet much, we saw what he did in opening round 6-0 6-0 6-2 against Rosol. Of course Raonic is big favourit here but taking one set is good aim to Petzscnher who stopped this opponent in three sets on grass past year 6-3 6-7 6-3.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 2/10 Llodra - Bogomolov Jr. over 39.5 games @ 2.00 SBOBet Good line for this match. Both players are playing good they last matches. But i don't know what i must think from this match. Bogomolov is the fav, but can he win this match easy? I think not. 2/10 Krajicek +6.5 games tb. Ivanovic @ 1.90 SBOBet Looking for the over 17.5 games line. But this is a good bet. Ivanovic a not steady enough to win this match big. 6-3 6-3 is good enough for this bet. I see the Dutch lady win enough games to win this bet. 3/10 Raonic -5 games tb. Petzschner @ 2.00 SBOBet Why is this line so low? I don't like the German here. Raonic is the player in form. I think he can win this game in 3 or 4 sets. But he is better than the German. 3/10 Troicki - Kukushkin over 3.5 sets @ 1.80 Betsson Troicki can't win matches easy. Kukushkin playing well the last matches and i think he can win one set in this match. Troick will choke one set by 2-0. 4/10 Roddick -5 games tb. Hewitt @ 1.84 SBOBet Hewitt playing not good against Stebe. Roddick playing good against Haase. Hewitt is not a youngster and i think he can't handle the serve from Roddick. But how many own service games can he hold? Enough to make this bet lost? I think not. 4/10 Simon tb. Benneteau @ 1.75 Unibet Nice odds for Simon. Why this big odds? Benneteau playing good and playing a final last week. But Simon have more quality than they other Frenchman to beat him this match.

Event Chela J. I. - Andujar-Alba P.
Selection Andujar-Alba P.
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.53
Reasoning Well Chella leads 3-2 head to head but he took advantage in that series three years ago when he was still young and all matches on clay. Now Chella is already 33 years old and I don't see him as so big dog against a player who stopped him in last two matches head to head including 6-0 7-6 on hard court two months ago in Valencia. Andujar has no problems against Kunitsyn taking him 6-1 7-6 6-0. The Spaniard has great move on court and he sure will use that making old Chela in a trouble.

2/10 Llodra - Bogomolov Jr. over 39.5 games @ 2.00 SBOBet Good line for this match. Both players are playing good they last matches. But i don't know what i must think from this match. Bogomolov is the fav, but can he win this match easy? I think not. 2/10 Krajicek +6.5 games tb. Ivanovic @ 1.90 SBOBet Looking for the over 17.5 games line. But this is a good bet. Ivanovic a not steady enough to win this match big. 6-3 6-3 is good enough for this bet. I see the Dutch lady win enough games to win this bet. 3/10 Raonic -5 games tb. Petzschner @ 2.00 SBOBet Why is this line so low? I don't like the German here. Raonic is the player in form. I think he can win this game in 3 or 4 sets. But he is better than the German. 3/10 Troicki - Kukushkin over 3.5 sets @ 1.80 Betsson Troicki can't win matches easy. Kukushkin playing well the last matches and i think he can win one set in this match. Troick will choke one set by 2-0. 4/10 Roddick -5 games tb. Hewitt @ 1.84 SBOBet Hewitt playing not good against Stebe. Roddick playing good against Haase. Hewitt is not a youngster and i think he can't handle the serve from Roddick. But how many own service games can he hold? Enough to make this bet lost? I think not. 4/10 Simon tb. Benneteau @ 1.75 Unibet Nice odds for Simon. Why this big odds? Benneteau playing good and playing a final last week. But Simon have more quality than they other Frenchman to beat him this match.
Nice write ups and welcome to Punters Lounge bro. :ok

Event Krajicek M. - Ivanovic A.
Selection over 17.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.73
Reasoning The series between these two is tied 1-1, but both matches were five years ago. Ivanovic win 7-6 6-1 in Linz but later in that year Krajicek win 6-4 6-3 on hard court. Ivanovic started very well opening round but even that she gave good opportunities to Domguiez -Lino in second set. Lino missed few break points as she tied 3-3 after trailing 3-0 so beauty Ana still has mental problems in her game. If Ivanovic is in her best days this is easy 2-0 win but nowadays we can expect all of her including to struggle against Krajicek.

Event Hampton J. - Sharapova M.
Selection Hampton J. +7.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.80
Reasoning Well Sharapova has easy day in opening round but now she will face one great american hope youngster Hampton who hold 7-1 record so far this year all matches she played on hard court here in Australia. Hampton has good serving very good backhand, also she is very fast and if the most crying woman on court Sharapova fail to keep her on a distance of the net I think she will be in a trouble.

Event Krajicek M. - Ivanovic A.
Selection over 17.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.73
Reasoning The series between these two is tied 1-1, but both matches were five years ago. Ivanovic win 7-6 6-1 in Linz but later in that year Krajicek win 6-4 6-3 on hard court. Ivanovic started very well opening round but even that she gave good opportunities to Domguiez -Lino in second set. Lino missed few break points as she tied 3-3 after trailing 3-0 so beauty Ana still has mental problems in her game. If Ivanovic is in her best days this is easy 2-0 win but nowadays we can expect all of her including to struggle against Krajicek.
Why pick this mate? For better odds you can take Krajicek +6.5. 6-3 6-3 enough for both bets/

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Bit pushed for time so not extensive writeups tonight but am taking quite a few. Hope to build on last night's good results. Andrey Golubev (+7.5 games) to beat Richard Gasquet- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Still not confident in the Frenchman's consistency at the minute and I'm not ruling out a win for Golubev here. I'm playing it slightly safer though with the handicap as I'd be surprised it he didn't take at least a set of Gasquet and that should see the handicap through in truth given the size of it. Seppi troubled the Frenchman in the opening couple of sets and could have taken both in truth, whilst Golubev came through against Youzhny in a marathon match which should give him confidence I reckon. He had a poor year last season but he has the quality to cause Gasquet problems and with that win under his belt in the first round, I'd fancy him to be competitive here. Nicolas Mahut (-3.5 games) to beat Tatsuma Ito- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Must admit I was surprised to see Mahut beat Stepanek, especially seeing as he didn't drop a set which is a fine result for the Frenchman who usually plays his best stuff on the grass but he has a superb chance to reach the third round here. Ito also caused a slight upset to beat Starace but that's not a major shock that he beat the Italian on the hard courts as he prefers the clay. The man from Japan had a couple of good runs on the hard courts in some challenger events last year but this is a completely different test for him. Mahut has far more experience in the big tournaments and he shouldn't be giving Ito many chances on return with his serve. Mahut isn't the the greatest returner by any means but he should be able to get his eye into the rallies and put the bad balls away. Beating Stepanek in straight sets isn't an easy task and if he plays like he did there, he should be fine to cover the handicap in this one. James Duckworth (+9.5 games) to beat Janko Tipsarevic- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Been impressed with the Aussie youngster this season so far and he was always comfortable against Zopp in the first round even though you could tell he had another level to go to if he needed it. Now if Tipsarevic was at his best, you'd feel that Duckworth may be in for a really long match here but judging by his first round match, you'd have to say he's not at his best. To be honest, if he would have lost that second set, I'm doubtful he would have come back and beat Tursunov so he is perhaps a slightly bit fortunate to be in the second round. I'd expect him to play better and win, but from watching Duckworth, he looks like he has a lot of confidence in his game and should be able to hold his own against the Serb. He could well pinch a set here, but if he puts in a good performance and keeps most of the sets tightish, he should be more than capable of covering the handicap. Alex Bogomolov to beat Michael Llodra- 4/5 Coral- (4/10) Took this a fair bit earlier and the price went up to 5/6 for a while but it's back at the 4/5 mark now. There's already been a lot of talk about this match so I can't really add much. Llodra beating Gulbis isn't much to write home about given Gulbis' erratic nature and lack of mental strength. The Latvian won the first set with ease before it looks like he went missing like he does on a regular basis allowing Llodra back into the match. Bogomolov was always comfortable against Gimeno-Traver and should be fresh for this one. Just have to feel his tennis is at a higher level to that of Llodra's at the minute who hasn't done a lot away from indoors of late so backing the Russian to prevail. Marcel Granollers (-5.5 games) to beat Frederico Gil- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Disagree with Czech a bit here which doesn't happen a lot really. On any surface other than clay, this match is completely in the Spaniard's hands. Gil really isn't in his comfort zone away from the clay and doesn't have any weapons to that are suited to the quicker courts. Although the courts down under aren't playing especially quickly, they should still be too quick for Gil IMO. He's already been hammered by Robert this year on the hard courts, and although Granollers almost let a 2 set lead slip against Levine the other day, he should really be dominating this match from the first point and putting pressure on Gil's mediocre serve. Providing he is solid today, he should walk this like he did at Wimbledon a couple of years back. Matthew Ebden (+5.5 games) to beat Kei Nishikori- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Was tempted to back Ebden to win this one but was put off given Nishikori's super start to the season. I will have a bit of the Aussie on the handicap though as I fancy him to give this a real go. He comfortably beat Souza in the first round and has already run Baghdatis and Stepanek close this year. He is pretty solid all round and has enough about him to cause Nishikori some problems here in front of his home crowd. David Ferrer (-9.5 games) to beat Ryan Sweeting- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Comfortable win for Sweeting in the first round but expect Ferrer to dispatch of him with ease. The Spaniard has won all 5 matches this season, dropping just one set in the process and shouldn't have too many problems against the American. Istomin beat him easily in Sydney and Ferrer's returning ability should frustrate the hell out of Sweeting and in the end I expect him to come through quite easily here. Milos Raonic (-5.5 games) to beat Philipp Petzschner- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Not really paying much attention to that win over Rosol in the first round for the German as the stats are really strange and I didn't see it so can't comment. I imagine it was more Rosol playing like shit more than anything to be honest as Petzschner doesn't have it in him to beat guys to the extent he took care of Rosol so something must have gone very wrong for the Czech there. That win could well work against the German a touch though as he is going from a game where he broke for fun, to a game in which he will struggle to create chances on return. Think I'm right in thinking Raonic didn't drop serve against Volandri and although Petzschner is a better playing all round, he'll still struggle to get much of a look in. He wasn't ever tested in the first round, but with a big Canadian looking to defend quite a few points on the other side of the net today, I don't fancy him beating him and in the end, I'd expect Raonic to win with a bit to spare even if he does drop a set.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Taken a few for the women which I'll put up quickly as well. Angelique Kerber (-5.5 games) to beat Stephanie Dubois- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Similar thinking to what Dylan has said really for Kerber. She's been on fire so far this season, only losing to Barthel and Pennetta and dispatched of Bobusic with minimal fuss in the first round. The German should be full of confidence and win this one with ease. She beat Dubois 6-0 6-4 in their previous meeting a few years ago, and with Kerber in the form she's in, I don't think she'll have many problems in this one. Vera Zvonareva (-4.5 games) to beat Lucie Hradecka- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Hradecka doesn't really have the game to trouble Zvonareva so as long as the Russian can keep it together, she should win easily. She's not started the season well at all but after coming through against Dulgheru, that should give her some confidence and feel she might win quite comfortably here. Maria Sharapova (-6.5 games) to beat Jamie Hampton- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Sharapova really impressed me against Dulko and she looked extremely solid in rallies and put away the balls when they were there for the taking. She didn't hit too many unforced errors and her serve was effective which is how you usually know if the Russian is playing well and comfortable with her game. She didn't have to get out of first gear to beat Dulko in truth and if she plays like that, it's hard to see Hampton troubling her despite winning her first round match easily as well. If Sharapova starts well, she could be a set up in no time and from there, I don't envisage any way back from Hampton.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 One more for me taken earlier. Bogomolov to bt Llodra @ 1.80 (Ladbrokes:3pts) I'm thinking Llodra's win vs Gulbis says more about Gulbis really, heard he was good in the first set and destroyed him, the nature of the next 3 makes me think that Gulbis just folded and went out without a whimper tbh, struggle to see how he can go down so easily in all those sets against a limited guy like Llodra who is not exactly Agassi on return or from the baseline. Anyway, never truly convinced by Llodra on an outdoor hard court really, and he hasnt done well in Australia traditionally. Bogomolov is a decent player, a fighter who is consistent from the back of the court, decent returner. Give him the edge in this one.