** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Event Zhang S.- Wozniak A.
Selection Zhang S.
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.75
Reasoning Zhang is world number 127 while Wozniak is under number 102 in WTA rankings. Zhang definitely prefers hard court she is doing so well on fast surfaces and I believe she has good chances to overrated opening round at her recent fit. Wozniak has no big success past year she continue to play bad and fall down in rankings while Zhang improve her ranking well past year. If Zhang use her movement on the court well I think short Wozniak will be eliminated here.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CzechPunter, what are your selections for today?:ok
You probably did not want to see this though :lol. Wanted to have a quiet night for studying (:rollin), but I simply love to have my nerves wrecked :lol. If you want to have comfortable sleep, you should really go with fishy25 or Atko instead. For a crazy ride (that may easily end with a crash and 0/6), join me. Marinko Matosevic (+2.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.89 with Pinnacle Tell me that this is not value and I will show you the results of Gael Monfils in recent Grand Slams. He gifted sets to the likes of Rufin, Gil, Zemlja or De Bakker, so why should not he gift a set to the local guy? Will happen at least like 50 pcent of the time imo, especially since Matosevic has a solid, powerful game. Stefanie Voegele (+1.5 sets) to beat Sabine Lisicki @ 2.65 with Pinnacle Lisicki coming back from an injury, Vogele coming on the back of three wins in quallies. She is a talented young lady and Lisicki can often misfire for a while, so this being priced a 2.65 does not make much sense to me and I see value. Sorana Cirstea (+1.5 sets) to beat Sam Stosur @ 2.56 with Pinnacle There is a lot of hype surrounding Stosur obviously, since she is Aussie and whatnot, but I am not buying it. Cirstea played better tennis in 2012 so far and she has already beaten Stosur once (although in the Hopman Cup), so she is definitely good enough to nick a set here. Gisela Dulko (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova @ 3.10 with Pinnacle Neither has really played this season and Sharapova tends to make her fair share of unforced errors anyway, so this is nowhere near 3.10 shot imo. It is not like Dulko does not know how to play tennis or anything and that ankle might be a bit of a worry nonetheless. And two small stakes. Vera Dushevina (+1.5 sets) to beat Petra Kvitova @ 6.20 with Pinnacle Come on guys, 6.2! Say what you want, but this is the second time she is under real pressure in a Grand Slam and we know how the last time went against Dulgheru in the US Open. It is not hard to see her misfiring for a set and Dushevina is the kind of player that can either self-destruct or produce excellent performance. Not a 6.2 shot tough. Tamira Paszek (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 5.14 with Pinnacle I honestly think that people are overrating Serena Williams ahead of this tournament, I really do. Sure, she is class, but I have seen her in Brisbane and it was all about serve and return. Poor movement around the court and now she also has the injury to worry about. Paszek has talent and she can play in Grand Slams (see Wimbledon), so why not really? Call me crazy. Or stupid.

Marinko Matosevic (+2.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.89 with Pinnacle Tell me that this is not value and I will show you the results of Gael Monfils in recent Grand Slams. He gifted sets to the likes of Rufin, Gil, Zemlja or De Bakker, so why should not he gift a set to the local guy? Will happen at least like 50 pcent of the time imo, especially since Matosevic has a solid, powerful game
This one is a smart bet, sic thinking.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 One more for those who like ATP. Last one for the day, I promise. Dmitry Tursunov to beat Janko Tipsarevic @ 7.04 with Pinnacle Apparently Tipsarevic is not feeling well or so goes the rumor. Minor health issues and apparently needed sleeping pills for quite a lot of days, feeling tired and fatigued. I am not 100% sure that it is true, but I am willing to find out at 7.04 against someone who knows how to serve at least.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Like a few on here not the best first day for me, with only 1/4 coming in. Still will give it another go, not really staking much on any of these, just doing it to add a bit of interest whilst I follow this event. Evgenya Rodina vs Lucie Hradecka – Hradecka -3.5 games 1.73 at bet365 Hradecka is the big favourite here, and if the previous H2H’s are anything to go by then then she should be able to beat this handicap as well. Neither of the 2 H2H’s were on outdoor hard courts , however Hradecka seems to be the better player on this surface having had some decent results on the WTA tour last year and the start of this, whilst Rodina has very little to shout about recently. Mandy Minella vs Jamie Hampton – Over 20.5 games 1.92 at Bwin A little bit surprised that Hampton has been priced at the relatively clear favourite here and if she is to win I imagine she’ll be made to work for it by Minella. Minella is actually ranked higher than Hampton and their careers have followed a similar trajectory over the last year or so. Minella also won the previous H2H which had 26 games in it. Hampton has started this season well and will have confidence but Minella usually gives a good game on this surface and from my calculations, since 1st Jan 2011 she has played 19 games at WTA level with 15 of these going overs. Virginie Razzano vs Marion Bartoli – over 18.5 games 1.85 at Victor Chandler Razzano is always a strong competitor and is generally quite professional against any opponent. In the 3 previous completed H2H’s against Bartoli all have gone over this game line and given the fact that in the last year she has gone over this line on this surface against the likes of Kanepi, Errani, Sharapova and Li Na bodes well here. Think Bartoli could struggle here, she doesn’t have an exceptional record at this slam. Vera Dushevina vs Petra Kvitova – Dushevina under 5.5 games 1.91 at bwin Worried that I’m going against the excellent Czech Punter and whilst I understand concerns after her performance the US Open 1st round she is going into this comp with a much better run of form having won the Hopman Cup with 4/4 wins and whilst she may not have done as well as she liked in Sydney missing the chance to go number 1, the match against Hantuchova was a noteworthy performance. Maybe against a different competitor she could struggle but I would question whether Dushevina is good enough, especially seeing as she was double bagled by Voskoboeva in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago. All stakes the same, 1 smaller than usual unit. :hope Good luck all tonight.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Irina-Camelia Begu vs Surez-Navarro These two girls are not in the best form, on the contrary. 5 defeats in last 5 matches for the Spanish and 3 defeats and 1 win in last 4 matches for Irina. Irina played well and won against Baltacha, Carla had a good match against Anabel medina Garrigues. Will be very tight this one and I do not see it ending qwuickly! over 20.5 games @ 1.92 with Pinnacle Sports Maria Kirilenko vs Jarmila Gajdosova I will not make a stupid thing again to lay an Australian girl on her court. Gajdosova was good against Rodionova and also against Morita, but she faced than Barthel and has been defeated. Kirilenko lost against Arvidsson and won hardly with Lepchenko. Expect the Australian girl to triumph here! Gajdosova @ 2.23 with Pinnacle Sports Cibulkova vs Rybarikova Both these girls have an appetite for long matches. I think this one is going to be another long one for sure. The same happened when these two have met in September. Only 1 of the last 8 matches of Cibulkova has been under this limit! Rybarikova lost against Sacha Jones, but I do not think anymore to those matches after today's personal slaughter. over 18.5 games @ 1.93 with Pinnacle Sports Dokic vs Chaktvetadze Gokic plays home, has 132 places in freont of Anna and she is the underdog just because she was destroyed one set by Bartoli? Kiddin', reight? Chakvetatdze has been injured last time, do not know her condition, but Dokic is with the value here for sure. Dokic @ 2.37 with bet365 Rebecca Marino vs Greta Arn Both these girls are playing badly on this surface and have many defeats in last matches. Although I sense Arn mor ein form, I think Marino will come with a good force in this one and I intend to back an intense match with maybe two sets. But I am interested only in games here. over 21 games @ 1.90 with Titan Bet Zvonareva vs Dulgheru Zvonareva on 7th place WTA, Dulgheru on 61, but we've seen some very good tennis from the Romanian and some ugly results from Zvonareva. Maybe the Russian will win the match, but Dulgheru has been brilliant in Sydney so I still think she can get at least 9 games against her. Dulgheru +5.5 games @ 1.90 with bwin Samantha Stosur vs Sorana Carstea Sorana won against Stosur in Perth in 2010 and now she faces the Australian once again. Stosur suffered in this debut of the year, while Sorana have been a fighter in pre tournament games. Expect Sorana to stay in this match that will have more than 18.5 games! over 18.5 games @ 1.80 with bwin Liscki vs Voegele Voegele played very good this year, while Liscki suffered against her opponents and has been injured with Kerber. Lisicki had a tough match with Razzano while Voegel eliminated Jovanovski, and Kraijcek. In the qualifications she played also good. over 18.5 games @ 1.90 with Titan bet

Sport Tennis
Event Gasquet - Seppi
Selection Over 36.5
Strength 8/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.83
Reasoning Both players from TOP40, this match can be very close. H2H in this moment is 3:1 for Richard Gasquet, who is big favourite of this match, but last two matches are very close. Two three setters. Richard Gasquet is not mentall giant, for example if take 2 first sets, can lost motivation and can lost next two. Seppi is not a mug, this man take set against Federer 2 weeks ago in Doha. 4 or 5 sets
Sport Tennis
Event Peer - Holland
Selection Under 17.5
Strength 8/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.83
Reasoning Sahar peer defending third round points from last year and for sure want take easy win here and not lost too much energy. In last weekend go to the semifinal at Hobart courts. Form is good. Holland take wild card, but this is too poor player to play close match against Peer. In this year played two matches, against out of form Dushevina(3-6, 4-6) and against other Australian player Dokic (0-6, 0-6) Comfortable win for Peer

Event Murray A.- Harrison R.
Selection over 27.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.87
Reasoning Murray seems to be hot right now he won in Brisbane taking Tomic 62 62, Baghdatis 62 62 and Dolgopolov 61 62, but he started very heavy there dropping one set against Kukishkin 5-7 and Muller 4-6 in 1st round and round of 16. Today Murray world number 4 will face Harrison who is still young with his 19 years old but that boy have good performance on hard court. Harrison big serving will be problem for Murray to broke it, I expect one set to go at least 7-5 or tiebreaker and this is the key to the match.

Event Mahut N.- Stepanek R.
Selection over 3.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90
Reasoning Well 30 years old Mahut who hold world record for longest match in ATP tournaments at Wimbledon against Isnner more than 8 hours 70-68 games in fifth set will face 34 years old Stepanek. It seems that Stepanek is in better fit right now, but the Frenchman is not so weak although he lost opening two match so far this year. Stepanek lost at least one set in four out of his five matches so far this year against Dolgopolov, Nieminen, Ebden and Malisse. Mahut favourit kind of surface is hard court with his 6'4 size he has definitely big serving who will put Stepanek on a pressure today. Stepanek is dog here its obvious of their recent results but Mahut won 64 46 62 the lone match between these two five years ago. I hope that Stepanek will be exhausted with his 34 years old and Mahut should clinch one set here.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 J

Event Bachinger M. - Sweeting R.
Selection over 38.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.98
Reasoning Just noticed that the odds to Bachinger are dropping very fast, maybe Sweeting has problems but anyway this should be tough match. Sweeting is under number 68 in ATP rankings while Bachinger is 21 places behind. Bachinger has big serving as well as Sweeting these two sure will record tiebreak today. It seems that Sweeting is not fit now but this is first serious tournament this year he said that he was preparing to it so far. Ryan defeat another big server Muller past week with another tiebreak in the match. Bachinger recorded tiebreak in two out of last five matches also four out of these five matches were 3-setter this year. On the other hand Sweeting had at least 7-5 in four out of last five games this year. These two never played before but this match four sure will be tough encounter between two big serving tenniser.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Didn't think I could have called a match more wrong than one of the darts matches from last week which I completely misread until Lukas Rosol comes along. Not the greatest bet the overs market when one of the players loses the first 2 sets 6-0 6-0. God I hope that's not a sign of things to come. Otherwise :spank

Didn't think I could have called a match more wrong than one of the darts matches from last week which I completely misread until Lukas Rosol comes along. Not the greatest bet the overs market when one of the players loses the first 2 sets 6-0 6-0. God I hope that's not a sign of things to come. Otherwise :spank
Petzschner must have fallen in a Getafix's pot of magic potion this winter

Sport Tennis
Event Thomaz Bellucci - Dudi Sela
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97
Reasoning First round of the Australian Open we find two different players, Bellucci who is a claycourter and Sela who has played most on hardcourt througout his career. The brasilian (Bellucci) looks sloppy to me on hard, taking risks when he shouldn`t and although Sela hasn`t got the best of serves he allready beat him 2 out of 2 times. So with the advantage of the israelian player (Sela) leading in head-to-head by 2-0, both on hardcourt, I think it`s safe to say that he is the favorite here. Win Dudi Sela in my oppinion.

Event Bellucci T. - Sela D.
Selection Bellucci T.
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00
Reasoning Past year Sela defeat twice Bellucci, but now I think it's a time to revenge. Bellucci is the best hard courter player of Brazil he is most confident on this kind of surface. Last year he took two sets advantage against Sela at US Open but Sela won that match. Bellucci is in a good fit right now, he is under number 37 in ATP rankings 40 places better ranked than short Israelian. Bellucci is a giant while Sela has only 5.8 size and I think this time no place for luck to the Israelian.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 to bad, we were to late, whan I wanted to look after what match this one is scheduled I saw, Stephens and she was serving for the match in the 2nd set........:( and then from an hour+ that I posted the pick from the hour it was shown in the livescore site........it cut 40 min off :(.....

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Tsonga vs Istomin Tsonga wants a long tournament, targets to in the semis and for that he will want some quick matches for start. Istomin is not the most accessible guy he would wanted to have in this stage, but I think he can go here quited comfortable against him. But, I think on the other hand that the Russian can get 1 set. I will chose although a safer option. Istomin plays well this year and should have a good match here. Istomin +7 games @ 1.94 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Stebe vs L. Hewitt This promises to be a tight encounter as Stebe plays great regularly on this surface. L. Hewitt came here with a wild card and from his 181 position can start climbing a little bit this year. He was a very good hard surface tenis player, but he is not young anymore. Stebe should put him problems in this one! over 36.5 with 1.97 @ Pinnacle Sports

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Haase - Andy Roddick
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.05
Reasoning Interesting match-up for the hard-serving american Andy Roddick in the first round of the Australian Open facing Robin Haase of the Netherlands who he has only faced once so far and won in four sets last year here in Melbourne. Despite the dutch players leaning more to claycourt so far in his career, his height makes a good advantage for a big serve as well as the strenght in hitting the ball. He is one promicing player, a proof of that is in 6 years of pro he made it up to the 53rd spot in the world. Roddick was outplayed times before when even his serve was going strong so I think it`s a good risk. Win Robin Haase is my pick.

Event Keys M. (Usa) - Zheng J. (Chn)
Selection under 18.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80
Reasoning I will trust to Zheng here. The Chinese woman is in incredible fit right now she won Sydney WTA tournament a week ago taking in straight sets Hradecka 6-3 6-2, Niculescu 6-2 6-0, the romanian is world number 32 at the moment. Jheng defeat also Penetta and Kuznetsova through her way to the title. On the other hand Madison Keys is only 16 years old, she has no experience at Grand Slam level, she is here with wild card sitting under number 242 in WTA ranking. Keys is playing only challenger level with bad success, she did not played since November past year. Keys will has no practice and will face Jheng who reach the semis here past year also in great fit right now. I don't believe Keys to make something memorable today.

Event Istomin D. - Tsonga J.-W.
Selection Istomin D. +2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.29
Reasoning Tsonga leads 2-0 head to heat and both matches he won in straight sets, but according to both players recent fit I think Istomin has great chance to take at least one set of Tsonga for the first time today. Istomin reached quarters in Brisbane and Sydney he is well prepared to Australian Open. He stopped players like Haas, Gasquet in straight sets there. On the other hand Tsonga showed poor fit this year. He lost last two matches against Nishikori and Melzer, earlier in the year in Doha he dropped a set against world number 123 in ATP rankings Jaziri and another was tiebreak decider. If Tsonga play like past week this will be easy job for Istomin to steal one set here.

Event Bellucci T. - Sela D.
Selection Bellucci T.
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00
Reasoning Past year Sela defeat twice Bellucci, but now I think it's a time to revenge. Bellucci is the best hard courter player of Brazil he is most confident on this kind of surface. Last year he took two sets advantage against Sela at US Open but Sela won that match. Bellucci is in a good fit right now, he is under number 37 in ATP rankings 40 places better ranked than short Israelian. Bellucci is a giant while Sela has only 5.8 size and I think this time no place for luck to the Israelian.
Well no offense mate but you are misleading people, hope Bellucci wins if you took him but your reasoning is inaccurate. Bellucci is an utter fool on hard courts, he is just like Almagro. They are like from the movie "Dumb & Dumber", both players have the weapons to be great hard court players: good movement, great serve, good shot-making but are utter fools when playing on a hard court, can't imagine why. And to say Bellucci is most confident on this kind of surfice is just misleading, he is clearly much better on clay, no question about it. Hope it works out for you but the reasons behind your bet are the wrong ones. Just to give you an example, last year he was granted a wild card by the brasilian federation to participate in the challenger champions tournament although he is not a challenger level player. Didn't manage to even make it to the fnal, didn't see his match with Sela but saw him with Beck. Played like a goofus, everytime he had a sniff of a break opportunity, (30-15, 40-30 up on Beck serve and receiving on second serve) he sent the ball into the net or a meter out and lost embarrasingly in two sets although the home fans packed the arena and cheered for him at every ball like there was no tomorrow

Event Haase R. (Ned) - Roddick A. (Usa)
Selection over 38
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning Roddick leads 1-0 head to head but Haase improved his game and rankings after this match was played past year here at Australian Open. Haase took one set after tiebreak but he lost another three by 6-2 all. Now I think Haase recent fit is better than last year at the same place, while Roddick is not so good he lost in straight sets against Nishikori few days ago. Two big serving players and I expect at least one tiebreak and Haase to take at least one set so this maybe bet of the day. I want to remember that Haase took 2 sets against Murray at US Open.

Well no offense mate but you are misleading people, hope Bellucci wins if you took him but your reasoning is inaccurate. Bellucci is an utter fool on hard courts, he is just like Almagro. They are like from the movie "Dumb & Dumber", both players have the weapons to be great hard court players: good movement, great serve, good shot-making but are utter fools when playing on a hard court, can't imagine why. And to say Bellucci is most confident on this kind of surfice is just misleading, he is clearly much better on clay, no question about it. Hope it works out for you but the reasons behind your bet are the wrong ones
I forgot to wrote "" in his country" he is the best hard courter in his country that was I mean:cigar

Marinko Matosevic (+2.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.89 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Stefanie Voegele (+1.5 sets) to beat Sabine Lisicki @ 2.65 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Sorana Cirstea (+1.5 sets) to beat Sam Stosur @ 2.56 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Gisela Dulko (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova @ 3.10 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Vera Dushevina (+1.5 sets) to beat Petra Kvitova @ 6.20 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Tamira Paszek (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 5.14 with Pinnacle:zzz:zzz Dmitry Tursunov to beat Janko Tipsarevic @ 7.04 with Pinnacle:wall:wall
A bit unlucky with Matosevic and Tursunov I feel (the TB in second set basically decided the match), but the bigger stakes brought me into profit, so I can't really complain. Paszek can either bring me down to basically zero, or I can get a very nice plus. The good thing is that my outrights are all still in play after the first round. :ok

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 some good picks there czech. Especially like the one against barbie girl Lisicki. Lost a huge stake on the hoe last year at Linz. Had her on a single bet with large stake at under 19,5 games and in a two-match combo at 2-0 correct score. Played against Brianti, should have won easily: great home crowd support (playing in Austria basically same as playing in Germany), great form in her recent matches, had an easy opponent the elderly Brianti who besides being an old hag is your typical clay court player. Had 5-1 up in the first set and lost it 5-7. Hate the bitch ever since. Shocked though Cirstea beat Sam, can't really believe it, what a huge upset for the aussie fans

Event Troicki V. (Srb) - Ferrero J. C. (Esp)
Selection over 37.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.09
Reasoning I can't see here Troicki to win in straight sets against former world number 1, just because he lost last two matches this year against Bogomolov and Querrey in straight sets. On the other hand Ferrero has had something problems with his leg past week but now everyting is ok. These two never played before but has strong big serving. Troicki recorded tiebrek in three out of last five matches against Bachinger, Rosol two typical clay courters also against Bogomolov. If everyting is ok with Ferrero he has power to take at least one set here and put another into a tiebreak. Ferrero stopped Bogomolov, Verdasco, Youzhny and Granollers-Pyuol in last two month past year. He took Granollers-Pyuol in straight sets at time when the Spaniard won ATP Valencia.

some good picks there czech. Especially like the one against barbie girl Lisicki. Lost a huge stake on the hoe last year at Linz. Had her on a single bet with large stake at under 19,5 games and in a two-match combo at 2-0 correct score. Played against Brianti, should have won easily: great home crowd support (playing in Austria basically same as playing in Germany), great form in her recent matches, had an easy opponent the elderly Brianti who besides being an old hag is your typical clay court player. Had 5-1 up in the first set and lost it 5-7. Hate the bitch ever since. Shocked though Cirstea beat Sam, can't really believe it, what a huge upset for the aussie fans
How can that be a huge upset? I was actually thinking about the outright, she was horrible in recent weeks against Schivone and Benesova! Cirstea on the rise on the other hand, some lovely shots and good serve.

How can that be a huge upset? I was actually thinking about the outright' date=' she was horrible in recent weeks against Schivone and Benesova! Cirstea on the rise on the other hand, some lovely shots and good serve.[/quote'] Said huge upset for the aussie fans as in huge disapointment. However for me it comes as a huge surprise as well, don't really watch that much womens tennis and almost never bet on it. But it comes as a big surprise because i'm from the same country as Sorana and well in the last couple of years she played more in fashion shows and commercials than in competitive matches. Never can figure out how my countrymen play, for example i would have expected Hanescu to win but he was complete birdshit