Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Event Sweeting R. - Ferrer D.
Selection over 27.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.95
Reasoning These two never played before but Sweetening keep good performance on this kind of surface which is his favourit court. Sweeting world number 68 has no problems against Bachinger taking him in straight sets although he was underdog in opening round. Of course with his 6'5 size he has definitely big serving and I will not surprise if he put at least one set into a tiebreak today. Playing against world number 5 I can't see many opportunities to broke him but of course Ferrer is 6 inches shorter and I don't know how he will feel against bug Ryan today. Ferrer will play today his sixth match in nine days and that is chance for Sweeting to clinch a set here or least tiebreak.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 King vs Pavlyuchenkova OVER 20.5 games @ 1.85 (Bwin:3pts) Could be a mess of a match this one. Was possibly tempted by King but no value I'd say. Cannot trust Pav at the minute, she's not on good form, serve disappearing at times and rumours she's not quite fully fit. King gets plenty of balls back, no power but a crafty player who could annoy the Russian here. Not a huge line to cover, hoping for a messy 3 setter WTA style.

Event Tipsarevic J. - Duckworth J.
Selection over 27.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.80
Reasoning Tipsarevic has problems against Tursunov in opening round he lost first set 5-7 passed by a tiebreak in second 7-6 (14-12) to win 3-1. Tipsarevic lost a set against world number 168 Goffin earlier this year on hard court in Chennai. On the other hand Duckworth is a promising youngster he is still 19 years old with big serving. The local hope succeed to stop another big serving player N. Mahut 6-4 6-4 and failed in next round 6-4 7-5 against Gilles Simon earlier this year in Brisbane. The crowd will give extra power in Duckworth legs and I think he has good chances to make at least 7-5 and put Tipsa on a pressure.

One more for me taken earlier. Bogomolov to bt Llodra @ 1.80 (Ladbrokes:3pts) I'm thinking Llodra's win vs Gulbis says more about Gulbis really, heard he was good in the first set and destroyed him, the nature of the next 3 makes me think that Gulbis just folded and went out without a whimper tbh, struggle to see how he can go down so easily in all those sets against a limited guy like Llodra who is not exactly Agassi on return or from the baseline. Anyway, never truly convinced by Llodra on an outdoor hard court really, and he hasnt done well in Australia traditionally. Bogomolov is a decent player, a fighter who is consistent from the back of the court, decent returner. Give him the edge in this one.
Llodra is nearing a double break in the first set and this match isn't even being streamed .. so I have no confidence in a cover... lord this is a nightmare. Is Llodra in playing blisteringly good tennis or is Bogomolov merely just off his game?

Event Ito T. (Jpn) - Mahut N. (Fra)
Selection Mahut N. -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.99
Reasoning These two never played before. Mahut passed by easy through Strepanek taking him in straight set in opening round, that was great surprise because Stepanek was in good fit this year. Mahut has definitely big serving and if he has a day against on first service I think short Japanese will struggle here taking more than one set. Ito world number 117 in ATP ranking has no experience at Grand Slam level he stopped unknown Potito Starace in opening round but I think he will be in a trouble today.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 WTF is Bogomolov doing? Loses the first set, and then from 40-0 up loses his serve on the first game of the second set. Llodra is capable of lights out tennis but usually cannot keep it up, however I'm not sure Bogomolov is at the level to put out his fire.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 LOL Bogo is getting killed....:lol...dont think it's televised so not sure. He really needed thay hold early in the second but broke from 40-0 up, give me a break. Onto the next one fellas! This is why I love backing Isner, service games just reel off.

LOL Bogo is getting killed....:lol...dont think it's televised so not sure. He really needed thay hold early in the second but broke from 40-0 up, give me a break. Onto the next one fellas! This is why I love backing Isner, service games just reel off.
Yep, this one is a busted flush. Move along, nothing to see here!

WTF is Bogomolov doing? Loses the first set' date=' and then from 40-0 up loses his serve on the first game of the second set. Llodra is capable of lights out tennis but usually cannot keep it up, however I'm not sure Bogomolov is at the level to put out his fire.[/quote'] 122 pounds wasted on a loser.

122 pounds wasted on a loser.
I was convinced as well that Bogomolov would win. Thought about the clash of styles, and Llodra's prospensity to throw in loose strokes and lose composure and form, and thought Bogo would just grind him down. Problem is he needs to play solid as hell to bring about that collapse, and he's choking. As Flaky as Llodra can be, no way is he losing from two sets up.

Am I the only one who has any faith in a comeback for the Russian? Although to be fair I had faith is Rosol winning more than 2 games against Petzschner ;)
Yes, because its Bogomolov, he is good in patches and generally when he wins those patches tend to just about be good enough to get him over the line. He hustles and harries his way to victory in matches. Having to start from 2 sets to love down against a player with a huge serve, who's obviously playing well is going to be next to impossible. Just look at that right now, already deuce on another Bogo service game.

I was convinced as well that Bogomolov would win. Thought about the clash of styles' date=' and Llodra's prospensity to throw in loose strokes and lose composure and form, and thought Bogo would just grind him down. Problem is he needs to play solid as hell to bring about that collapse, and he's choking. As Flaky as Llodra can be, no way is he losing from two sets up.[/quote'] I've never felt so pissed off in betting, 40-0 up bro, thats 3 points ... to then lose 5 points in a row ... that's jus criminal ... against a shit returner as well... I assumed Gulbis was jus being Gulbis but obviously Llodra's playing well. The only thing we can pray for is a Llodra choke on one his last few service games in this set.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Just needs to hustle a bit more on Llodra's serve. If he can get a slight foot hold, it should give him something to build on and then we'll see how Llodra's fitness holds up given he hasn't played much. First couple of games in this third set are crucial for the Russian though. Shame it's not being streamed. If it was we'd be able to see how the rallies were going and stuff.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Chela finally puts Andujar out of his misery there, set was tighter than it should have been. Spells trouble.......:lol Bogo is done lads. No point staying up for this garbage. Fishy had the right idea backing Sharapova, she's murdering Hampton right now. Watch Pav/King end as a blowout to one of them to compound my misery. Has the makings of one of those rotten nights during a slam......:wall

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Joining the off-topic spam I guess - so far, I am having a rotten night too :cigar However, allow me to rephrase "If it was we'd be able to see how the rallies were going and stuff." into "If it was we'd turn it off very quickly after seeing the reality."

Event Murray A. (Gbr) - Roger-Vasselin E. (Fra)
Selection over 26.5
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.00
Reasoning Well I can't see Murray here so big threat for the Frenchman. Roger-Vasselin played good in past two months, he took a set of Simon and lost another in tiebreak, also took a set of Wawrinka and lost another 7-5 that happen this year in Chennai. Murray lost one set in opening round against world number 77 Harrison and if he continue play at the way he sure will be in trouble today again at least in one set. Vasselin has big serving and I wholly believe he can go to 7-5 or tiebreaker.