BBOTD Sat - 17th December

2:10 Haydock Patesse 0.5pt EW - 9/1 (VC) Disappointed in the Greatwood, but the trip was probably too short and a testing 2m4f should be up his street. Races off 135 which doesn't look bad at all, same jockey onboard when he won impressively at Sandown, value for a lot more than the winning distance. If you take out his Greatwood run, he'd probably be a very strong fav here and I think 9/1 is way too big.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Triple Dream - 3.30 Lin (1pt win 13-2 BET365 BOG) Has never won on the A-W but his last two runs were cracking efforts from wide draws at Kempton & Wolverhampton. Much better drawn today and should be able to get a spot up with the pace. Runs off a workable mark of 70 today, and has won off 72 on turf.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Sailors Warn - Ascot 3:35 e/w @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG :hope Connections fancy this to go very close tomorrow. This is a Listed hurdle, very competitive but Sailors Warn is a Grade 2 winner and was 2nd in a Grade 1. In race where Zarkandar won, Unaccompanied, Brampour and Grandouet came out and won since and Sailors Warn was 6th that day, its strong form. Not only that but McCoy has been booked to ride and will like the ground.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Trainer M.Easterby's 3yr old gelding ran a good race last time out coming home 6th of 17 runners, that was his first outing over the 1m 5f N/H trip so today's extra 1f might just be up his street more. There was not much between 1st and 6th and he did meet a little bit of trouble that day at Wetherby ''Dec 3rd'' if he's came on any amount from then till now he could take his part in the finish. Mr Easterby just sends out this one weekend runner so he must be showing something at base. Jockey K. Renwick takes over from R.McCrarth. Newcastle 3:15 - Special Mix. 1pt win @ SP Have a nice weekend.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December

Sailors Warn - Ascot 3:35 e/w @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG :hope Connections fancy this to go very close tomorrow. This is a Listed hurdle, very competitive but Sailors Warn is a Grade 2 winner and was 2nd in a Grade 1. In race where Zarkandar won, Unaccompanied, Brampour and Grandouet came out and won since and Sailors Warn was 6th that day, its strong form. Not only that but McCoy has been booked to ride and will like the ground.
Have you a nice touch on him Fella ?

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 1.20 Lingfield Rowan Ridge hasnt been in the same form since winning at Kempton in Oct off 4lb lower mark and it may be a case he is high enough in the weights at the moment. Irons On Fire has been smashed it would appear in the betting available at 20/1 earlier only 9/1 now, it may be a case of an error but hard to see why this is a 9/1 shot only one win to date winning a maiden over a year ago has since comeback from a break and shown very little infact hardly beaten a rival rapidly declining in the weights but still needs to show more and first time cheekpieces need a big improvement but obvious concern this yard has landed a few touches with these colours before so probably worth a smaller saver on the back of that. Not really sure why Kishanda is so short in the betting having had a hard race at Southwell on Thursday probably just about run up to his mark but was a tad below his best having shown plenty of promise on that surface, only had one start on polytrack and only beat 1 home when 2nd fav in a claimer. Who Loves Ya Baby showed next to nothing in 3 maidens but made a great start to life in handicaps showing plenty of guts to finish 2nd from 3lb out of the handicap, only 1lb higher today and same jockey on board and with a serious lack of front runners in the field could help give him a soft lead and not have to go off so hard like they did last time, the winner from that race has since won off a 6lb higher mark and met trouble off a further 6lb higher mark earlier in the week. 1pt win Who Loves Ya Baby 7/2 bet365

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 15:05 Ascot The Minack Win (3,75) Bet365 Paul Nicholls stable are in amazing form. The Minack are just one of the eyecatching horses at Ascot saturday. The 7 year old gelding, are looking to continue his great chase form, at a grade, where he recently won a simular race. He goes up 9lb but are still among the favorits in this field. The going is expected to be soft, which would suit The Minack well. Most of his wins was on soft ground. The Minack recent form. 1-1-3-PU-1 The jockey Walsh are booked for the 5th time. He won three of his runs, whit this horse and are yet again one of the best jump jockeys.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 1325 ascot renard 1pt win 3/1 pp 3 time winner this season,and ground and trip in its favour up in class, there could be more to come from this horse ap mccoy teams up with venitia williams and when this combo comes together they are worth a look

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 2:10 Haydock: Moonlight Drive 1pt win 6/1 Bet365 Moonlight Drive looks interesting here, after one try over fences he lines up back over hurdles in the race sponsored by his owners. Often horses are given a spin over hurdles to protect their chase handicap mark, this could be the reverse. Moonlight Drive ran well at Wetherby in February this year and as a result was touted as a lively outsider for the Albert Bartlett at Cheltenham, that did n't pan out, however if he handles this going today Moonlight Drive looks to have a strong chance.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 2:30 Ascot - Big Bucks - Back I still think he should be shorter than he is despite the fact that he is 2/7, I'd take him at 2/11 here. He is, without question, the greatest long distance hurdler that racing has ever seen and has faced various challengers in his career and has seen every single one of them off. Dynasty deserves credit for winning a good handicap lto, but winning handicaps is one thing, beating Big Bucks is something completely different. He may well have to settle for 2nd here as Big Bucks will be extremely hard to beat 1pt win @ 2/7 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Asc 1.55 - Giorgio Quercus - win at 7/2 bog Wm Hill Henderson's horse makes his seasonal debut in this graduation chase He's won first time out for the last 2 seasons He's also a much better horse going right-handed - his record on RH tracks since coming to England - 11111 Left handed - 0 from 7 If you're going to back him the main doubt is the trip as he's done most of his running and all his winning at around 2 miles and is up 5 furlongs today. Hopefully Nicky Henderson must think he'll get the trip or presumably he'd have run him in a 2 miler somewhere

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 3:05 Ascot - Benbane Head - 1pt @ 13/2 (Powers) It's hard to know whether Benbane Head is after ground that's overly testing, as he has plenty of fast ground form, but taking a chance on Martin Keighley's charge handling conditions looks like a good idea at the moment (mightn't after the race!). This talented 7-year-old has been on the go for a fair while now and today's race is set to be his final start for a couple of months. I'm hopeful that he can sign off with a nice win before a well-deserved break as a mark of 136 is sure to be below the rating that he can eventually reach. His trainer says that he doesn't want it too soft but he has some form on testing ground and it may not be too much of an issue. Benbane Head comes here on the back of a 3-length second to Golan Way in a Listed contest at Sandown and although that looks like a decent result on paper, it's made even better due to how Keighley's charge jumped throughout the race. To be fair, he was atrocious at the majority of his fences and finishing so close to the winner just shows what sort of an engine he has, plus he looked likely to overhaul that horse when they were coming up to the final fence. Today, connections reach for a visor, which has reportedly sharpened him up at home and if it has the desired effect on track, a good run can be expected now that he's back in handicap company off a lowly weight of 10st 1lb. Benbane Head also has 9-lengths to turn around with The Minack (11/4 favourite here) from their run in the Listed Badger Ales Trophy at Wincanton but the 10lb swing in the weights should help and better jumping would also make it more likely, as this fellow just wasn't good over some of his fences on that occasion either. The ground has to be a worry but the yard are in cracking form, the horse is clearly in cracking form and he's one that's more than capable of getting involved off his current rating. They should also go a good clip here and the track will suit, so ground conditions seem to be the only worrying aspect. If he handles it and jumps well enough, he should get involved and 13/2 is a nice price about that happening. Small/medium win stakes for me again and hopefully he can show his best.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Haydock 2.45 Cannington Brook win - 7/1 BetFred Another novice, who could improve going handicapping. Trainer has always said he thinks he is very good and even mentioned him as Welsh National candidate. Today's conditions will suit him and jocking off Joe for Tom O'Brien is like having Messi instead of Nicklas Bendtner playing for you. Unexposed and should improve. Not sure there are that many well handicapped horses in the race and fav might be a bit underpriced as well.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 3.35 Ascot If Gibb River follows on from his highly promising reappearance then he should go very close today. Has Geraghty on board today and looked in need of his race when a running on third lto. This is a big test for him against some very good types but he will improve and the ground should be ok. Very exciting race in prospect but I fancy the Henderson horse to see of the Nicholls pair and actually fancy Marsh Warbler to run a good race also as he loves the ground so F/C with that one. 1 Pt win 9/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 3.35 Ascot Brampour win 9/1 Ladbrokes Think Brampour has a great chance of winning this even though I don't think he is 9lbs well in. Jockey however is able to claim in this race and given he was only beaten under 5 lengths last week by Grandouet who is champion hurdle 2nd favourite he must have a chance in this company with Harry taking off 7lbs. When his new rating does kick in that will put him 20lbs higher than anything else in this race. In all honesty I don't see this being as competitive as it looks with maybe only a handful with claims of winning. Wouldn't be surprised if Nicholls has the 1-2-3 but I do like Alarazi at a big price. Brampour though if recovered from last week's race should take plenty of beating in this.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 2.45 Haydock: Wymott 1pt (3/1 Bet365) Very promising chaser last season and made a good comeback at Newbury in the Hennessey when finishing 6th. Runs off a mark of 144 so hasnt reached the potential of his hurdles mark yet so should be able to take a race like this. I was at Newbury the last time he ran and thought he jumped really well on the outside of the field and stayed on up the straight, he looks capable of going to the top in my opinion, we should see today if he has the staying qualities he will need to step up in class later on in the year.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 12.55 ascot WATER GARDEN - Same combo as my bbotd yesterday and hope to repeat the trick, this horse been crying out for step up in trip and softer going loved it at wincanton lto who knows what would of happened if the 2 would have stayed up but they didn't and you cant win jumps racing if your prone to mistakes, this guy foot perfect over hurdles can see murphy riding ascot to perfection hugging inside rail then producing this strong stayer to hopefully grab the spoils this is his toughest race so far but i believe he is up to the task and is a young improver unlike most in this race. 1pt win 3/1 laddys

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 12.55 Ascot - 1pt win Grab The Glory @ 12/1 (Bet365) This may be quite a gruelling test for these novices, so it looks like a stayer may well win this, and I think Gary Moore's top-weight fits the bill. This horse has looked a real stayer in his runs so far and has never been unplaced in six starts. He won an 18f bumper before taking to hurdles. He would have won on his return at Fontwell in October, but for a mistake at the last, and went down 1/2l to a 123 rated horse. Scrambled home at Kempton, again looking like further would suit, when narrowly winning by a neck over 2m5f. The front 2 were 29 lengths ahead of anything else. Last time out, an error at the 2nd last didn't help his cause when chasing home the promising (and subsequent winner) Mister Dillon. My selection had to give him 8lbs so it was no mean feat. Despite holding top weight today, Joshua Moore's 5lb claim eases the burden, and he looks to have a big chance here. I don't think his mark is restrictive now upped to what appears a suitable trip, and looks a sound each-way bet.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Mr Knightley - 12.20 Lingfield This is very much Mr knightley's level. The horse has won 3 races at claiming level from his last five starts and it came second last time out at odds on in a similar event. So if it has a clean race without any set backs then this horse should win again. Le King Beau won in a claimer last time out and I can see it putting up a good performance here, especially with it being in such good form. Mr Knightley win @ 7/4*Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Rourkes Cross 12.15 Fairyhouse 6/4 WH I put this one up on the competition last week but he unseated at the 2nd so got no run at all. He was well backed that day and I'm hoping he can recoup loses today. His form from his previous run is the one that interests me - he was 2nd to Sous Les Ciex. That was over course and distance and a reproduction should see him win this. He's up against an odds on shot but I think Charlie Swans horse has stronger form.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December Haydock 2.45 Wymott 1pt win @ 3/1 PP I think this price on Wymott is a steal. I backed him LTO in the hennesy were he finished a good 6th. That was his first run for the best part of a year and id expect him to come on a lot for that run in a weaker race. His form on soft/heavy gound reads 221211 so the gound should be spot on for him today. McCain said on his betfair column that he races here in preference to the welsh national so he must be in with a big chance. Good Luck :cigar :ok

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December

Mr Knightley - 12.20 Lingfield This is very much Mr knightley's level. The horse has won 3 races at claiming level from his last five starts and it came second last time out at odds on in a similar event. So if it has a clean race without any set backs then this horse should win again. Le King Beau won in a claimer last time out and I can see it putting up a good performance here, especially with it being in such good form. Mr Knightley win @ 7/4*Ladbrokes BOG
The one I identified as the danger wins and puts mine into second! :wall Typical! :rollin

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December 3:35 Ascot Marsh Warbler @ 14/1 Bet365 Conditions should suit this horse here today and doesn't look on a bad handicap mark to me. The Brian Ellison 4 year old has had 6 starts over hurdle, winning 3 and placed in 2 others including winning a grade 1 albeit not the stongest. Soft ground is what he needs imo so looks perfect for him today, should be more to come from him being only 4 yr old and jockey claims 7lb which is a bonus.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December A3.05 Vino Griego 0.5pt E/W 16/1 BlueSq The horse is one of only 3 course winners in the field and with Timmy Murphy taking the ride for the first time, could go close today. I think it'll be the usual Murphy waiting tactics on this one and it certainly has the ability if he can get the best out of the horse. He's racing off 10 stone here and has been in good form of late, there's also signs that the trainer is showing improved form after a fairly quiet spell. Paul Nicholls trains the favourite but some of his horses are running below par and I'm happy to look for the value e/w shot.

Re: BBOTD Sat - 17th December MARK THE BOOK 2.45 Haydock. 0.5 points each way. Not run for nearly 2 years, so naturally that's a bit off-putting. However, apparently been doing well at home and if he can return in the same form as before the lay-off, then he has a god chance of winning this. Goes on heavy ground, which is a big plus, and does stay the trip. 25/1 Boylesports BOG