Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

mowgli77

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 I am sure I read that the Triumph was going to be his only hurdles run as he is being sent back to John Oxx with the Melbourne Cup as the major target. Means a little less competition for Grumeti :p

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

7/1 with most bookies but 7/2 with bet365.:eek
That's because they're offering NRNB, if he runs he'll probably be 7/2 or less. I think there's a decent chance that he'll run in the Jewson, he's got plenty of stamina in his pedigree and won the Neptune as a novice. Plus if they think he won't reverse form with SS there's no reason not to go for the easier option.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 I see Grand Crus is 6/4 for the RSA, i think the bookies are taking the piss this year with the arkle, RSA, CH, Mares H, World, and Champion Chase all very short favourites, too short in my opinion for those quality races. Suppose on the other hand there are better prices for the other horses in the field. If all 6 come in, it would be very unusual to be fair

That's normal' date=' they offer nrnb. He will be fav if he runs there.[/quote'] I understand the price is lower because it's non runner no bet but my point is that it's HALF the general price. Bet365 aren't half the price of any other favourite at the festival so it can hardly be described as "normal"

I understand the price is lower because it's non runner no bet but my point is that it's HALF the general price. Bet365 aren't half the price of any other favourite at the festival so it can hardly be described as "normal"
That's because all other races are different and probably more competitive too. Peddlers is 2nd fav in Arkle, which is the ultimate novice chase. If they declare him for Jewson, he will be 7/2 and possibly less. He is 7/1 with others, because he is 99% to go Arkle. They can risk tempting customers with that. It is normal.

I understand the price is lower because it's non runner no bet but my point is that it's HALF the general price. Bet365 aren't half the price of any other favourite at the festival so it can hardly be described as "normal"
Probably better to look at it that the other bookies are DOUBLE the price of Bet 365 due to the fact it is less likely he will go for the race. The 7/1 incorporates the chance of him not lining up, the 7/2 doesn't.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Do like the look of Solix in the Jewson seems to have solid place claims. Easy winner here back in December so over a furlong further and split Champion Court and Invictus last time out in the dipper. Was giving the winner 3lbs that day so must have a chance of reversing that form at least which makes him look a solid each way bet in my opinion. Solix 1pt ew @ 16/1 ladbrokes

Do like the look of Solix in the Jewson seems to have solid place claims. Easy winner here back in December so over a furlong further and split Champion Court and Invictus last time out in the dipper. Was giving the winner 3lbs that day so must have a chance of reversing that form at least which makes him look a solid each way bet in my opinion. Solix 1pt ew @ 16/1 ladbrokes
Sorry half a sleep at the time lol. Was 12/1 not 16's DOH!

Yes' date=' it's Batonnier[/quote'] Horse is rated 138, I don't know if they'll even go that route. Much more likely to be Coral Cup imo. It took him 5 races to finally win and he beat a horse, who isn't even entered at Cheltenham and was getting weight from him. Not sure he can even place, let alone win.

Horse is rated 138, I don't know if they'll even go that route. Much more likely to be Coral Cup imo. It took him 5 races to finally win and he beat a horse, who isn't even entered at Cheltenham and was getting weight from him. Not sure he can even place, let alone win.
It just adds to his rather strange looking portfolio of bets for the festival. I think it will take a very decent horse to beat both Simonsig and Boston Bob. If Fingal Bay lines up he will surely be in the shake-up. If I were to go for a decent price horse, it would be Make Your Mark at 16/1. Easily beaten by Boston Bob last time out on heavy ground. I would expect a much better showing from him on better ground at the festival. Same can be said for Cotton Mill who won a grade 2 on ground softer than ideal last time out. I think he will run well at the festival.

It just adds to his rather strange looking portfolio of bets for the festival. I think it will take a very decent horse to beat both Simonsig and Boston Bob. If Fingal Bay lines up he will surely be in the shake-up. If I were to go for a decent price horse' date=' it would be Make Your Mark at 16/1. Easily beaten by Boston Bob last time out on heavy ground. I would expect a much better showing from him on better ground at the festival. Same can be said for Cotton Mill who won a grade 2 on ground softer than ideal last time out. I think he will run well at the festival.[/quote'] I'm starting to like Monksland for that. Beat the same horse Boston Bob beat. Yes BB had 10lb penalty, but Monks beat him very very easily. I didn't even look at Neptune until last night, should've backed Monks when he was big big prices. He has been confirmed for the race for quite some time.

My biggest bet of the festival so far is a wedge on VENDOR of Alan King' date=' going in the Fred Winter... I think it will go off shorter than 9/2 on the day.[/quote'] Really like this horse Aidy and he's definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Ut De Sivola is one I'd also be interested in if he goes for this - think you can draw a line through his last run.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Arkle Chase AL FEROF, ive been posting in the arkle thread in the cheltenham forum. Ive taken the 9/2 Al Ferof at Paddy Power (money back if Sprinter sacre wins). If there is a chink in the armour, then Al Ferof is the horse to take advantage. Has ran at the last 2 festivals winning the Supreme Novices Hurdle last year against some pretty decent horses including the arkle favourite and Cue Card also. Has won a grade 1 chase which is a pretty good trend and wasnt disgraced last time out in better company when 3rd behind Somersby 0.5pts win 9/2

I'm starting to like Monksland for that. Beat the same horse Boston Bob beat. Yes BB had 10lb penalty' date=' but Monks beat him very very easily. I didn't even look at Neptune until last night, should've backed Monks when he was big big prices. He has been confirmed for the race for quite some time.[/quote'] Mileni, that formline will be put to the test today. Lyreen Legend runs in the Novice Hurdle at Thurles in what looks a hot race.

Mileni' date=' that formline will be put to the test today. Lyreen Legend runs in the Novice Hurdle at Thurles in what looks a hot race.[/quote'] Yep, but he might be one of those that always finds one too good. Doesn't find much off bridle I think.