** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

mowgli77

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 I'm starting early (probably too early) for next years Cheltenham and have just taken the following on Betfair: 1pt WIN - Cinders and Ashes 18.0 Champion Hurdle 0.5pt WIN - Pearl Swan 60.0 Champion Hurdle 0.5pt WIN - Flemenstar 25.0 Champion Chase Not sure if Pearl Swan will be good enough but I liked the way it was running on at the end of the race and I'd hope the course would be well watered and gd-sft on the opening day. Cinders and Ashes impressed me and seemed to have a bit spare, could have plenty of class. Really rate Sprinter Sacre but odds available are awful and been impressed with Flemenstar in Ireland. Will transfer these bets into the ante post 2013 thread when the next jumps season gets going.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Just bumping this as I think Fintron might have posted in the flat thread by mistake. :ok Do you think Flemenstar will stay over a short trip or go up a fw furlongs and what do you think its target for next season will be if it goes to Cheltenham?

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

Just bumping this as I think Fintron might have posted in the flat thread by mistake. :ok Do you think Flemenstar will stay over a short trip or go up a fw furlongs and what do you think its target for next season will be if it goes to Cheltenham?
I think they'll be looking to step him up to 3m and then take the Lexus and on to the Gold Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Punchestown Gold Cup Quantitativeeasing 2pt win - 12/1 (PP) Big price for a horse sure to stay and like the ground. There are so many doubts about the others that a big priced winner wouldn't be a surprise. His record fresh isn't good so I've put a line through his Cheltenham run. Even if he's not much better than a 160 horse, it's unlikely the winner of this race will have to produce a proper grade one performance.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Overturn at 18/1 (Betfair) - Radobank Champion Hurdle Think these odds are way too big, finished in 2nd ahead of Hurricane Fly at Cheltenham and who knows what Hurricane Fly will be like on his first race since the flop at Cheltenham. I really don't know what happened that day, it just didn't travel well and left itself with too much to do in the end, with the question marks over it the odds I think are ridiculous really and it has to be taken on imo. I don't rate Thousand Stars over 2m, think it needs more and Zaidpour was disappointing at Cheltenham so I think Overturn at those odds is big value.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

Overturn at 18/1 (Betfair) - Radobank Champion Hurdle Think these odds are way too big, finished in 2nd ahead of Hurricane Fly at Cheltenham and who knows what Hurricane Fly will be like on his first race since the flop at Cheltenham. I really don't know what happened that day, it just didn't travel well and left itself with too much to do in the end, with the question marks over it the odds I think are ridiculous really and it has to be taken on imo. I don't rate Thousand Stars over 2m, think it needs more and Zaidpour was disappointing at Cheltenham so I think Overturn at those odds is big value.
i was looking at Overturn for this race aswell but i think the ground has gone against him and i'd be suprised if they run him if the conditions are the same as the race i just saw you would be better off in a canoe.