BBOTD Sunday 9th of October

Mac Gille Eoin - Goodwood 2:35 The draw should prove crucial in this race tomorrow and this horse is well drawn which means to me is overpriced accordingly. At Goodwood over 6f in big fields it pays to be drawn low, my selection comes out of Stall 4. Has plenty going for it too, it is a dual course and distance winner and its last win here at Goodwood was off a mark of 90, and runs off 87 tomorrow. Scrap its last run where it was last of 10 to Monsieur Chevalier in a Listed event at Goodwood recently, it was way out of its depth. The run before that was very encouraging, it was over C+D and was a good 2nd to Oneladyowner. Should be good ground tomorrow and it goes well on good, with 2 wins , 2 seconds and 2 fourths from 11 runs on the ground. I think 25/1 is very generous with the draw in its favour also. E/W @ 25/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 16:45 Goodwood Silverware Win (9,00) Bet365 The 3 year old gelding returns to 8 furlongs after a series of 7 f races. He have previous won over this distance and he got decent draw, which might be a help hand, for his second run at Goodwood. It will not be a day at the office, cuz some of the others are C&D winners. They know this track and will give their best to win again. Silverware recent form. 3-5-1-4-5. The horse won 2 races this season and both was at a simular going. The trainer Hannon and jockey Hughes needs no presentation. They are an amazing duo, whit a win rate of 20,4 %.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 2nd in the Ayr gold cup back on the 17th of Sep and ran a cracker, he might even have won had T.Durcan been able to get him going just abit sooner. Jockey J.Murtagh gets the leg up in Race-4 at Curragh and trainer D.Elsworth's 6yr old should run another close race. Sure its a step up but Mr Elsworth does think alot of him and this race looks hand picked. Curragh - 3:45 Eton Rifles 1pt win @ 4/1 Paddy power. Have a nice Sunday Roast, don't go bonkers with the gravy !

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 2:35 Goodwood - Gouray Girl - win @ 14/1 (Ladbrokes) 20 runners are set to go to post in an attempt to win this C3 Handicap and assuming there isn't a track bias towards those racing on the pace, the hold-up horses should be favoured by how this will pan out - mainly down to the inclusion of so much pace in this 6f contest. Plenty of the field should be suited by this but Walter Swinburn's 4 year old filly, Gouray Girl, should be in her element and this is the time of year in which she usually comes good, so hopefully that's the case here again. Things haven't went smoothly for Gouray Girl since she was an impressive winner at Newbury (GS, 7f) nearly 12 months ago but she has returned to an exceptionally good handicap mark of 86 after failing to land a race this year (set some very unsuitable tasks). That's a rating now 3lbs lower than her only handicap win to date and the performance she produced on that occasion suggested she'd have little problems dealing with a mark in the mid-nineties when getting ideal conditions. This is a completely different test though, as she's very unlikely to get cut in the ground (unless the heavens open) and she's running at a much more speed demanding track. However, Gouray Girl isn't on that's lacking for speed at all and having turned in what I consider to be a solid run over this trip at Newmarket last time out, she shapes as if she's coming to hand again. She was a 4½ length 5th of 9 on that occasion but the track was severely favouring those on the pace and she did very well in the circumstances having been held-up right at the back. I'm not convinced that she's in love with that track either and the return to Goodwood - a place where she has finished a very close-up 2nd on both of her starts here (inc. on fast ground) - could well prove to be a smart move by connections. There should be nice, good racing ground today and that'll suit - plus she doesn't seem overly ground dependent anyway. Rain would be welcomed but the most important thing to her is a solid gallop to chase after, which looks virtually assured. Jim Crowley takes over in the saddle for the first time and he's an interesting booking, and certainly a capable man to have in control. If he can get her into a nice rhythm mid-race, she should be in with some sort of chance come the end of the race and may be up to giving the in-from Swinburn stable another winner. The lightly-raced Gouray Girl is definitely well-treated at the moment and this may be the time to catch her, so I'll play medium each-way stakes at a tasty 14/1 price-tag. I'd rate her as being worthy of a much shorter price, mainly down the performance level that she's capable of when things go well for her - plus she shaped quite well last time out in a C2 contest off a 2lb higher mark. Hopefully career win number three is on the way.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 3.45 Curragh Another soft ground Sunday at the Curragh and gonna take a chance on MAAREK. There has been money for fav Eton Rifles and its easy to see why, he was drawn wrong side in the Gold Cup at Ayr and took second. On official figures he has the beating of my selection, but Maarek is improving and loves soft ground. Has also run well at the Curragh in the past and might be capable of running into a place. Maarek 12/1 Ladbrokes, EW

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 5.50 Goodwod Pandorica win @ 11/1 Clive Cox's charge won here on soft ground back in July over an extended 9 furlongs. The two runs since when she has been upped in distance have been confusng. At Haydock she faded badly in the last furlong but was running on here last time out when uppedt o 11 furlongs. This makes me think that the step up in trip by another furlong today will not be a problem. Any rain will be welcome and with Adam Kirby back in the saddle who was on board the last time she won has to be seen as a positive.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 2.50 FL Schumpters Lad deserves to get his head in front after a number of placed efforts. Still on a decent mark and the stable in fine form. Temple Lord hasn't run for nearly two years but has a bit of class however the fitness would be a worry at such a short price. Schumpters Lad is bound to give his best and is much better value here. 1 Pt win 5/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 1550 ffos las sentimenaljourney 1pt sp the mccoy/oneill partnership can get this one home in front today,placed in a nh flat and 2 hurdle races in 5 starts,beaten 1/2 lengh on his last race over 2 miles, this longer trip, 2 mile 4, should be in his favour , and a good run is on the cards

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 425 Ffos Las: Lucaindubai (7/2 Bet365) Like this ones chances in this tight handicap, he was 4th in the Imperial Cup at Sandown off a similar mark and this is much easier. Last time led for a long way in the big race at MRasen before weakening but again that was a very competitive race. Wont get his own way in front here however with Rampant Ronnie in the field and that is the only negative for this course winner.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October

1550 ffos las sentimenaljourney 1pt sp the mccoy/oneill partnership can get this one home in front today,placed in a nh flat and 2 hurdle races in 5 starts,beaten 1/2 lengh on his last race over 2 miles, this longer trip, 2 mile 4, should be in his favour , and a good run is on the cards
Thats the 3:20 :ok

3.45 Curragh Another soft ground Sunday at the Curragh and gonna take a chance on MAAREK. There has been money for fav Eton Rifles and its easy to see why, he was drawn wrong side in the Gold Cup at Ayr and took second. On official figures he has the beating of my selection, but Maarek is improving and loves soft ground. Has also run well at the Curragh in the past and might be capable of running into a place. Maarek 12/1 Ladbrokes, EW
N/R

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 16:25 FFOS Lucainddubai - CD winner who led all the way around LTO in 17F just fizzing down last 2F was 1st run since April though so should come on for that run which was a listed race. Losing 2lb in rating and 5lbs with a claimer onbord in this class 3 should go alot better. Wish I found some of that 7's on offer this morning but hangover made me miss out. 1pt win 7/2 bet365.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October LUCAINDUBAI 4.25 Ffos Las. 0.5 points each way. Has the form and ability to win this, and with the trip, ground and drop in class, I feel he has no excuses today. The small field should play to his strengths and although meets a few inform rivals, should be able to be involved in the finish of this. 7/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 2:35 Star Rover @ Goodwood - Has ran twenty times this year over a variety of 5 and 6 furlongs and although the horse has only won over 5 furlongs it has ran well over 6 furlongs.Is down another 1lb from last race and looks to be off a good mark.Seems to love good or good to firm ground and has its usual visor on again.Both Cathy Gannon and David Evans have a good profit this year with 4+ year olds in 5-6 furlong races this year and Star Rover can get involved at a nice price 0.5 pt e/w @ 25/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October Ffos 2.20 - candelita - ew at 33/1 Stan james This is a maiden hurdle with the market leaders from the bigger yards all coming back off breaks My selection has been running in bumpers in the last couple of months and has a first and second to her name when the ground has been good or good to firm and two big defeats on ground with cut. The ground today is good with only a smattering of rain expected Realistically I'm probably hoping that one or two of the market leaders are ring rusty and my selection can run into a place at big odds........

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 3:50 Ffos Las FRED KENNET @ 25/1 Bet365 I'm going to take chance on this one today. Showed ability when 2nd and then winning maiden hurdle when last seen over 2 years ago. Interesting that he now sent chasing after that long absence in a competetive race like this. Sire was a talented chaser and i think he is worth chancing at a nice price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 2.35 Goodwood - 1pt win Novellen Lad @ 22/1 (VC) Posted this prior to his Doncaster run:

4.10 Doncaster - 2pts e/w Novellen Lad @ 20/1 (Hills) - BOG I posted this before his recent Windsor run: He ran well to be 3rd that day, and did that despite the ground which was changed to good to soft during racing. This horse wants a sound surface so it was a good effort in the end. He was quite easy in the betting also so it was quite encouraging. His latest effort at Sandown can safely be ignored. He ran over 5f on soft ground and was last. That bumps his price up today and if the ground rides on the quicker side, he's got a big chance in my opinion. You can excuse his bad runs and he hasn't really had a recent effort where you can't find any reasons why he hasn't won or run well. A draw in 7 doesn't look bad and Willie Musson is in a bit better form than when this horse has been running this season. He had a poor July and August but his horses have shaped a bit better in the last fortnight or so, and hopefully he's coming into a bit of form. The ground is key and I just hope it isn't slow. If it isn't, this horse has a good chance.
The ground certainly wasn't overly quick that day, and it appears it will be better today. There's a headwind also which should suit those coming from off the pace - which my selection will be doing. He ran poorly at Doncaster but high numbers dominated which also didn't help his cause. This looks slightly easier and he will pop up again soon. Richard Hughes is an interesting jockey booking for this lad, and I'm hoping he'll bounce back here.

Ffos 2.20 - candelita - ew at 33/1 Stan james This is a maiden hurdle with the market leaders from the bigger yards all coming back off breaks My selection has been running in bumpers in the last couple of months and has a first and second to her name when the ground has been good or good to firm and two big defeats on ground with cut. The ground today is good with only a smattering of rain expected Realistically I'm probably hoping that one or two of the market leaders are ring rusty and my selection can run into a place at big odds........
Top top top pick! QUALITY :ok Well done Trotter, won like a 6/4 shot.. :clap

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 3:30 Limerick - Royal Reveille - Back Massively consistent tip who looks to be highly progressive and seems to be going places. Has 2 wins and a 2nd from his 3 starts this season, and should be able to win again. Walsh looks the perfect jockey for this lad as Walsh let's his horses jump fluently and that should suit him here 1pt win @ 4/5 Bet365 BOG

3.45 Curragh Another soft ground Sunday at the Curragh and gonna take a chance on MAAREK. There has been money for fav Eton Rifles and its easy to see why, he was drawn wrong side in the Gold Cup at Ayr and took second. On official figures he has the beating of my selection, but Maarek is improving and loves soft ground. Has also run well at the Curragh in the past and might be capable of running into a place. Maarek 12/1 Ladbrokes, EW
This one is now a NR so I'll have ETON RIFLES in same race please, 1 pt win. Ran well in Ayr Gold Cup when second to Our Jonathan and winning his side of the field. Acts over 6 - 7f and won't mind a bit of juice in ground. 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Sunday 9th of October 4.45 Goodwood - Menadati - 10/1 Bet365 Lightly raced 3 year old who showed a big improvement on form last time out after joining the Peter Hiatt yard. I really liked that run, over 8f on soft ground at Chepstow he was a bit keen early on but made good headway round the outside of the field shaping as if he was gunna go close, didnt seem to quite get the trip that day. On quicker ground at Goodwood i dont see the trip being a problem and i think he'll run a big race. Well drawn to get cover and not much weight to carry with plenty of possible improvement.