** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Aston Villa - Blackburn The home side has a very good record h2h against Blackburn - 8 out of 10 won 1 draw and a loss. Statistically, no other team conceded more goals than Kean's men away from home last season - as many as 43 goals. Added to that defensive issues they have - Samba, Nelsen, Emerton and Givet were all rated doubtful for the game. But even if they feature, I think that Aston Villa attacking force is too much for them. They may have lost Downing, but captured N'Zogbia to replace him and we all know how good he is. Blackburn were poor last week against Wolves at home, and deservedly lost. And if they perform at home better than away, I'm really worried for them. Aston Villa played a decent game at Fulham, had their chances but didn't score. I think it will change on Saturday and that we'll see a convincing home victory, similar to those recorded last season (4-1 league, 3-1 both fa and carling cup). I think Blackburn will be in trouble come May. My selections for the game: Aston Villa -1 ah @2.3 9/10 pts Aston Villa goals >2.5 @3.5 5/10 pts Aston Villa goals >3.5 @8 2/10 pts Aston Villa goals >4.5 @21 0.5/10 pts all bet365

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Every man and his dog is on Liverpool it seems. :lol If anything the price on Arsenal makes some appeal now. I'd have them priced up at 2.50 for this game.
It's funny isn't it, a lot on Liverpool this week but if ever a game screamed NO BET!!! it's this Arsenal-Liverpool clash. Liverpool have got good attacking players, we all know that but they are a team in transition and have no real spine. Charlie Adam has 'ambitious' distribution but if he plays tommorow could be an absoloute liability considering how much he gives the ball away. Lucas Leiva will be there to pick up the pieces I'm sure :lol I think it's a case of no matter how soft centred Arsenal are at the momment, Liverpool will match. Liverpool will need the lion share of possession to utilise all their attacking assets effectively and let's face it this is unlikely. Van Persie, Walcott and Arshavin could just as easily create a massacre in Liverpools vunerable back line. Interesting game but no bet here.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Swansea v Wigan This match screams goals to me. Swansea were impressive for large parts of the game against Man City and it was no disgrace going down 4-0 to a side who have spent that amount of money and are going for the title. They tried to play football and look like they will cause problems for lesser teams in the league. Wigan at home is a very winnable fixture and Martinez coming back adds a bit of spice to the occasion. Both teams like to play football and Im sure the away side will fancy they can outplay the newly promoted side. The likes of Sinclair and Moses will be a big threat and I expect it to be an open game with both sides going at each other. Always remember Wigan going to newly promoted Hull a few seasons ago and smashing them 5-0. This could go either way but the prices look wrong, Swansea in my opinion don't justify being 11/10 shots against a side with Premiership experience, albeit one who will be flirting with relegation this season. Recommended Bets : Both teams to score 1.9 @ William Hill - 10/10 Over 2.5 goals 2.2 @ Betfair - 8/10 Wigan 3/1 @ 32Red - 2/10 Daft Quid Swansea HT/Wigan FT @ 50- Betfair Wigan HT/Swansea FT @ 34- Betfair Aston Villa v Blackburn rovers Rovers have defensive problems here with doubts over Samba, Nelsen & Givet. They opened with the worst possible start losing at home to Wolves and they don't look in great shape for this one at all. Villa look strong on paper and have a good recent record against Rovers at Villa Park. Darren Bent virtually guarantees goals in this league while N'Zogbia has bags of ability and was a good replacement for Downing. With a home crowd behind them and the boost of a good point at Craven Cottage last week I expect Villa to have the edge here and pile the pressure on Blackburn and Steve Kean. Recommended Bets Aston Villa 1.75 @ William Hill - 6/10 Bolton v Man City The Citizens were very impressive in the second half against Swansea, striking four times and that was with the away goalkeeper having a good game aswell as the woodwork denying David Silva. The Spaniard along with Aguero looked absolute class acts and will link up well together. Bolton started with a bang last week winning 4-0 away at a poor QPR side. Not overly convinced that Bolton will be any stronger this season, felt they were a bit fortunate in the manner of their goals last week and keeping Cahill is essential for them. Man City look geared up for a title challenge and I don't think Bolton will be good enough to stop them, we might not get odds this generous later in the season. Recommended Bets : Man City @ 1.83 - general 10/10 Arsenal v Liverpool Seems like far too many punters are on this game and that normally spells disaster but I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon. Arsenal were pretty toothless last week against Newcastle and Udinese dominated against them for long spells but somehow couldn't score in midweek. Without Wilshere,Song, Gervinho and possibly Rosicky they are struggling in midfield and Liverpool will hope to dominate this area and take out their frustration of drawing last week after much expectation. Suarez & Caroll could cause the Arsenal defence a lot of problems, the latter particularly will benefit from the delivery of Adam & Downing. I just think Arsenal are there for the taking and Liverpool can leave the Emirates with at least a point. Liverpool Draw No Bet - @2.14 Betfair - 5/10 In other fixtures everton are a bit short and they are notorious slow starters, they may win comfortably but too many alarm bells for me in this one and id rather back the away side in some form at the odds but won't be getting involved.

Swansea -1 vs Wigan @ 7/2 I'm expecting a big performance from Swansea here. Their first home game in the Premiership against one of the poorest sides in the league and a team who are still lacking match fitness after several players exerts in the Copa America. Despite losing 4-0 last week I was impressed with Swansea going forward. They're very comfortable on the ball and Dyer and Sinclair are real threats on the wing. The main test will be how well Danny Grahaem fits in but if he gets the supply I'm sure he'll score. I've mentioned before how I rate Brendan Rodgers as a manager and I think he'll have them up for this game. Wigan never take a big crowd so the Swansea fans could be the only ones making a lot of noise. I just have a big gut feeling that we're going to see a good Swansea performance here that might make people sit up a bit and take notice. Other bets: Scott Sinclair antime @ 15/8 and 1st scorer @ 6/1
I think this is a great shout going against the other opinions here. If you look at Swansea's home form and Wigan's opening form at the start of last season i think it will clarify some people's vision on this one. Like wigan opened their campaign with a 0-4 loss then a 0-6 loss so maybe they don't prepare themselves quite as well. Swansea are good at home and they didn't lose a home game until November and they only lost 0-1. Also if you look at Wigan's away results they don't really score many goals. Their season average for away goals was 1.05/game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Regarding Arsenal v Liverpool. This is a typical case of where everyone see's team news and automatically goes against the team that have absentees (Arsenal). I agree, I do feel Liverpool have the advantage in this game and feel it will be pretty even. However, the bookies are not stupid and they also realise the sort of team Arsenal are going to put out and have priced it accordingly. There is NO value in the 1x2 market of this game whatsoever. These are two teams who have very different starting line ups to what we are used to and therefor pricing it up is impossible. Liverpool have the advantage of having a near fully fit squad but at the same time they are away from home, and, despite our (Arsenals) shortcomings, we still have the likes of Van Persie who can turn a game on its head. This is definitely a game to leave alone. However, if you're desperate to have a bet I would wait untill in-play to see how the match is panning out before making a decision.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Same applies for the Villa game. Villa will probably win and are rightly favourites to do so, but 1.70, really? Despite how many injuries Blackburn have, I would never put Villa that short and would want them at least evens. It's another game with no value and should be left well alone (although I may be tempted by the unders).

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August the only match i'm certain of is liverpool to beat arsenal for all the stated reasons in previous threads. i think liverpool is going to trash arsenal probably 3-1. there has never been better time to beat arsenal with all their youthful and error prone players. fingers crossed

the only match i'm certain of is liverpool to beat arsenal for all the stated reasons in previous threads. i think liverpool is going to trash arsenal probably 3-1. there has never been better time to beat arsenal with all their youthful and error prone players. fingers crossed
Uhm, yeh, because Liverpool arn't error prone? :\

There is NO value in the 1x2 market of this game whatsoever. These are two teams who have very different starting line ups to what we are used to and therefor pricing it up is impossible.
Well, how about just trying to make a decision about the result then? Radical thinking, I know :loon

It's funny isn't it, a lot on Liverpool this week but if ever a game screamed NO BET!!! it's this Arsenal-Liverpool clash. Liverpool have got good attacking players, we all know that but they are a team in transition and have no real spine. Charlie Adam has 'ambitious' distribution but if he plays tommorow could be an absoloute liability considering how much he gives the ball away. Lucas Leiva will be there to pick up the pieces I'm sure :lol I think it's a case of no matter how soft centred Arsenal are at the momment, Liverpool will match. Liverpool will need the lion share of possession to utilise all their attacking assets effectively and let's face it this is unlikely. Van Persie, Walcott and Arshavin could just as easily create a massacre in Liverpools vunerable back line. Interesting game but no bet here.
Spot on. :clap Liverpool's form away from Anfield hasn't been great for a while now - they've managed just 10 wins from 38 away games in the league in the last 2 seasons. Things obviously improved under Dalglish last season, but they still lost at Blackpool, West Ham, West Brom, and Aston Villa under his watch. Whilst Arsenal's line up is likely to be weak by their standards, I'd still rate it higher than any of those sides. The other conundrum is the summer signings. There's no doubt Liverpool's squad is now stronger, but has their 1st eleven actually improved? I'd argue that Meireles and Gerrard are a better midfield than Henderson and Adam. Downing is a better winger than Kuyt, but away from home will he put in the hard yards that the Dutchman does if his side are under pressure? Enrique is certainly a better option than Johnson at left back, but the central defence still looks vulnerable to me. It's also interesting to note that Liverpool shipped 3 goals in each of their 4 away games during pre-season, only tightening up when they returned to Anfield and saw off Valencia 2-0. All of which doesn't mean they can't beat an understrength Arsenal tomorrow - of course they can. But at this stage of the season I agree 100% with DAS PHANTOM - it's a nightmare to call and there are better options out there.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland Vs Newcastle: I fancy Sunderland to win this one. Arsenal were there for the taking against Newcastle, but they just didn't have the penetration or goalscoring ability to get a goal. This is a BIG derby for Sunderland, they want to show Newcastle they are the new favourites of the two. I actually feel Sunderland have the stronger of the two teams and as previously mentioned Sunderland have a majority new team now. Newcastle have lost big players for them in Nolan and Carroll and it didn't seem to me that Ba was getting the right kind of service to score like he did when he was with West Ham. Sunderland (2.10) Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Everton Vs QPR: I'm going to stick my neck out here and go for QPR DNB. I think 5.50 is nice value here. I very rarely bet in favour of Everton at the best of times, I find them far too unpredictible and too many times they draw when they should be winning. QPR i feel have been marked up because of their opening result, and thats fair enough, but with a new takeover may bring some renewed optimism. Everton without Arteta (fitness test) do tend to lack abit of spark and if it's still 0-0 after 60mins I see the fans getting at them abit. QPR DNB (5.50) Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Chelsea Vs West Brom: Chelsea will want to make a statement in this game after the poor showing at Stoke, Yes, they had some penalty shouts, but it's a game they perhaps should of created more chances with. West Brom, although scoring against Man United I cannot see scoring against Chelsea here, especially when some fault may of been at the hands of a newly emerging De Gea at ManU. Chelseas defense is strong and I think especially if the score is still 0-0 after about half hour 2.10 is great value. Chelsea to win (to nil) (2.10) Bet365

Well' date=' how about just trying to make a decision about the result then? Radical thinking, I know :loon[/quote'] But as I said, it's very difficult to see how this game is going to start. Both managers are going to have to slightly alter their tactics and both managers have line-ups that wouldnt be recognised 12 months ago. Trying to predict a result is impossible. As I suggested, it may be worth just watching to see how the game goes for the first 20 minutes before making an informed bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland - Newcastle: Sunderland @ 2.20 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The odds are more than fair for Sunderland's win against Newcastle. Both teams started the season with a draw. Sunderland got a 1-1 draw at Liverpool which, given the odds for the match (Liverpool was at 1.50ish), should not have happened. So, the hosts will be coming into the match some confidence. Newcastle hosted a somewhat depleted Arsenal team that had an important CL match coming up and drew 0-0. The real difference is that Sunderland played reasonably well at Liverpool whereas Newcastle was probably lucky to catch Arsenal at a bad time. Newcastle didn't produce any creative football and will probably go into this match trying to avoid defeat. Arguably, Sunderland has a better quality roster and this a great opportunity to get a win against its arch rival in the North. Newcastle has the H2H in its favour (7-5-1) but it may just be time for this to be altered with a second win for Sunderland. Arsenal - Liverpool: Draw @ 3.25 (Bet365) 10/10 This is a big match between two teams which are favoured to compete for the top 4 places in the Premier. Much has been made about Arsenal's roster issues with players like Fabregas departing, others waiting to leave and some players out due to injury. Furthermore, Arsenal has to think about a CL qualifying match next week at Udinese. The hosts started the season with a lackluster 0-0 draw at Newcastle. They defeated Udinese 1-0, in London, but their win was less than convincing. Much has also been made about the potential of Liverpool this season. However, this was not confirmed in the first match against Sunderland where they drew 1-1. Despite Arsenal's roster issues I think they can put together a very competitive team for this match at home. Liverpool's roster has certainly improved on paper but it may take a bit of time for them to properly gel and produce results. In the end, it is very early in the season and both teams come into this match with a few question marks. In the last 6 h2h matches between them they have played to 4 draws including 2/3 in London. Given the circumstances the draw provides a good percentage bet, I think. Swansea - Wigan: Draw @ 3.40 (SkyBet) 10/10 Potentially, this could be a 6 pointer between two teams which may struggle to avoid relegation. Swansea, newly promoted, is the number one favourite to drop from the Premier League. The hosts were clobbered in the first match at Manchester City (4-0) which was expected. Last season Swansea was very strong at home, but that was in the Championship League and I think the perceived home strength will be compromised this season in the Premier League against teams with remarkably better rosters. Wigan managed to avoid relegation last season but only by three points. The guests started the season with a 1-1 draw against another newly promoted team, Norwich, which wasn't a great start. Wigan will probably struggle again this season, but it has more experience in the Premier League and is probably half a click better than Swansea at the moment. The encounter resembles the QPR - Bolton match and I would have been inclined to take Wigan as winners here had they won against Norwich. Swansea will have some extra pressure and nerves given that they are playing the first Premier match at home. I think the hosts will be careful and not push too much forward since they really don't want to lose 2 consecutive matches at the start of the season. Wigan will play for 2 results (X2) but judging from the performance against Norwich I don't think they will get more than a draw. The draw provides a good percentage bet here and the odds are good. Good Luck...:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Arsenal - Liverpool Pick Draw, odds 3.31 @ 5Dimes Reasoning Yes, Arsenal wil miss many players, but the odds reflect this in my opinion. Besides that, Arsenal has still a decent starting 11 with only 2 positions seriously weakened. As for the long term form, both Arsenal and Liverpool have not impressed me. Arsenal has the quality to perform. However, I believe they lack character. As for Liverpool, I know Dutch teams with less than a fifth of their budget that play a better passing, positioning and possession game. Their only players who impress me are Suarez and Gerrard who is injured. The historical head to head result suggest this will be a draw.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Liverpool or draw @ 1.51 Centrebet The overwhelming factor here is that Arsenal have their biggest game of the season in Italy midweek. That game is so much more crucial to them than this. Also some players may be waiting to see if gunners make CL before joining them you know, so there's another element there. Rosicky is tired as we saw in the first leg and will be rested here (for Italy). So if I'm Wenger and I have RVP, Walcott and Arshavin at my disposal I would never start all 3 together and then expect them to play again Wednesday to get me into Europe. 3 games in 8 or 9 days is way too much load and is the crucial deciding factor here. :puke

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland - Newcastle: Sunderland @ 2.20 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 based on the fact that positive transfers were made by sunderland and not so good at newcastle and also the performances of both teams last week. to take a point at anfield is an hard task but sunderland achieved that. newcastles first game, with barton in the team should of lifted the players and fans to beat a lacklustre arsenal side. i would even say the -1 handicap maybe a posibility depending on who bruce picks to play up front.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland @ 2.16 pinnacle Sunderland were lucky to be only down 1-0 at half time against Liverpool but they showed some character to get back in the game, and dersevedly equalised. They will be encouraged to priduce a simialr performance here in the north east derby with Newcastle. Their defence looks much more solid, while the midfield in industrious and works hard. Up front, if Gyan gets some service, like him to cause Newcastle problems. While Newcastle also got a draw away to Arsenal last week, they set themselves out for a draw early on as Arsenal dominated the game, and though they kept a clean sheets, they had to work for it. With this being a derby, then they will not sit back and like Sunderland to expose some of the holes in this Newcastle side as they have a much weaker squad this year without Carroll and Nolan, and based on their encoruaging second half effort against Liverpool, like Sunderland to do enough to edge out Newcastle at home. Liverpool @ 2.98 pinnacle Arsenal look weaker this year without Fabregas and possibly Nasri, and they are likely to be without Gervinho and Song due to suspension, while Gibbs, Djourou, Rosicky, Wilshere and Diabyare out injured. They may have dominated last weekend against an average Newcastle side but they face a much tougher test against Liverpoool. Liverpool are without Gerrard but they have much more potentcy down the flanks with Downing while the left back Enrique looks like to have plugged one of their problem areas. Up front is where they look good, with the height and finishing of Carroll as well as the agility and guile of Suarez will test out this Arsenal defence. One of Arsenal problems in defence has been the set pieces and with Adam able to accurately put it in places for his players to get to it, like him to cause Arsenal plenty of problems. Besides Vermaelen, the rest look vulnerable and Carrolll will ensure he is amongst them. They will be disappointed in dropping points at home to Sunderland, but they have cause for optimism here, as they generally lift and play well against the top sides, as evidenced by last eyars results where they had the best record against the top 4 sides, winning 3 of the 6 meetings. They drew 1-1 both times against Arsenal but like them to win this one here, given the problems in the Arsenal camp. August picks: 5-3 (+4.75)

Regarding Arsenal v Liverpool. This is a typical case of where everyone see's team news and automatically goes against the team that have absentees (Arsenal). I agree, I do feel Liverpool have the advantage in this game and feel it will be pretty even. However, the bookies are not stupid and they also realise the sort of team Arsenal are going to put out and have priced it accordingly. There is NO value in the 1x2 market of this game whatsoever. These are two teams who have very different starting line ups to what we are used to and therefor pricing it up is impossible. Liverpool have the advantage of having a near fully fit squad but at the same time they are away from home, and, despite our (Arsenals) shortcomings, we still have the likes of Van Persie who can turn a game on its head. This is definitely a game to leave alone. However, if you're desperate to have a bet I would wait untill in-play to see how the match is panning out before making a decision.
Agreed, this one is very hard to call in terms of 1x2 market. But, we mustn't forget that Arsenal plays a very important game on Wednesday. If they fail to overcome Udinese, it will be a massive disappointment for the club and its fans. In my opinion it's another argument, that would point to some sort of Liverpool's result today. I'll be sticking to Liverpool's total goals >1.5 cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Chelsea - WBA Chelsea have a nearly full squad to choose from and after a draw at Stoke, they will be motivated to take all 3 points at home against WBA, whom they beat 6-0 last season. In fact, Chelsea have won all 5 last h2h matches against their today's rival, without even conceding. They will be without Petr Cech today, so that is a kind of a boost of WBA chances to score. However, with Torres looking good, and the attacking potential they have, I think that Villas-Boas men will win the game comfortably. Chelsea -1.5 ah @1.975 7/10 pts The other area I'll be looking at is card market. The game's ref will be Lee Mason, who averages 3.94 cards shown per game. Last season he was in charge of 2 games at Stamford Bridge - against Aston Villa and Newcastle, and showed 9 and 6 cards respectively. He was a ref of 1 WBA game - against Everton, and that one produced 4 cards. Therefore I'll have a go on over 3 asian cards @1.85, with small stakes all bets with bet365 cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August One bet of the day for me Chelsea -1 10/11 BET365. Not impressed with West Broms opening match, cant see them scoring despite the injury to Cech. Instead of chelsea to win to nil, ive swayed more to chelsea covering the handicap. Di Matteo as the chelsea number two should aid the bet. Chelsea could hand a debut to new teenage striker Romelu Lukaku after his transfer from Anderlecht but its expected he'll be on bench. PROBABLE LINE UPS Chelsea-v-West-Browmich-A-001.jpg Chelsea Subs from Turnbull, Ferreira, Alex, Bertrand, McEachran, Lukaku Romeu, Drogba, Anelka, Benayoun, Kakuta Doubtful None Injured David Luiz (thigh, 10 Sep), Cech (knee, 24 Sep), Essien (knee, Feb) Suspended Sturridge (second of three) West Bromwich Subs from Fulop, Ibáñez, Cech, Jara, Dorrans, Fortuné, McAuley, Mattock, Odemwingie, Bednar, Dawson, Cox Doubtful Odemwingie (ankle) Injured Thomas (hip/thigh, 10 Sep) Suspended Gera (second of three) • Chelsea have won all 10 of their Premier League games against Albion, scoring 29 goals and conceding only three in the process • Didier Drogba has scored eight goals in only seven Premier League appearances against Albion

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland vs Newcastle. Both teams to score - yes! 1.83 @ Bet365 (5/10) Quite surprised to see this line at odds like this. My calculated line was around 1.80 and probably should be below that. This will be a derby match and draw would not shock anybody. I'd go for score draw. Newcastle won't have another empty match attacking-wise after Arsenal failure whilst Sunderland have enough quality up-front to get at least one goal playing at home. Last four matches between these two have produced at least one goal for each side. 1-1 is my call. Cards market looks appealing as well but my bookie is offering 4.5 which is not what I'd be willing to back. Exact 4 cards gives a chance to get money back if there are just 4 bookings. Arsenal vs Liverpool. Both teams to score - yes! 1.80 @ Bet365 (6/10) The same bet in Arsenal and Liverpool match as well. Just can not imagine both sides keeping clean sheets. Arsenal don't have a goalkepper or defenders so they'll allow one or two goals for sure. On the other hand can't see them failing to score. Even without Fabregas there is some quality. Van Persie can hit some left footed crackers, Walkott is dangerous as well. Remember playing same thing in this fixture last time and it was bizarre outcome as it finished 1-1 with both goals scored from the spot in the injury time. Should be more comfortable waiting this time, I believe. Aston Villa > Blackburn. 1.75 @ Expekt (4/10) I'd be really worried if I was Rovers fan. They're looking like they're destined for drop. They can't defend at the moment and that is so crucial in Premier League. They have lost something like last 4 matches at Villa Park in all competitions and look weaker than in many years this time. Villa had nice draw against Fulham away from home and will fancy their chances to win their's first home match of the new season. Home win for me in this one. Swansea vs Wigan. > 2.5 goals. 2.20 @ Pinnacle (3/10) This is absolutely a value bet for me. Both Swansea and Wigan play football and that is why this match has to have some goals. Swansea impressed a lot in their opening match @ City. They were undone by Aguero but showed some decent football. Wigan should be easier to play against, especially at home. I think neither will settle for a draw here and will try to win the match, so going for overs. Chelsea -1.5 vs West Brom. 1.99 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Was thinking about overs but settled for a handicap. This match could finish 2-0 in favour of Chelsea and ruin overs. The fact that Cech is out is no problem. West Brom not that good team to beat Chelsea, besides Hilario has proved that he's a decent goalie. West Brom looked like they won't survive the first 20 minutes against United but did eventually. Chelsea away from home will be tougher team to play. Torres looks hungry once again and would be my pick to get a goal today. Chelsea have had various results at home against WBA, including 6-0 drabbing. But it was also 2-0 not so long ago. Anyways, I think Chelsea will win by at least couple goals. West Brom can not defend and will be ran over in no time.

I´d really love to see some posts from jase82 or blackcrow :D It´s almost guaranteed profit to follow those guyz... I am a big fan of ur bets keep it on :notworthy :beer :notworthy
Far too early for anything serious. Wait until the season get's underway is my advice :ok

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventArsenal v Liverpool
SelectionAway win DNB
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2011
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.10
ReasoningArsenal have lots of injuries for this game and are a team going backwards. Liverpool on the other hand have made a few good signings have a manager who the players want to play for and who are hungry for success. I can see Liverpool taking this but will play it safe and take the DMB option at above evens I think is a cracking bet.
Close Window

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Did anyone who's tipping Liverpool up actually watch their game with Sunderland? I did and they were f*cking abysmal in the 2nd half. Void of any creativity. Please be careful with this one

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Norwich - Stoke (WARNING - FROM A NORWICH FAN) Both teams to score 10/11 - Victor Chandler HT/FT Stoke/Draw - 16/1 Skybet Stoke/Norwich - 33/1 Skybet I would advocate checking out all the above bets. Firstly, Norwich's home form last season in terms of scoring was very consistent, we only failed to score in 2 home matches, the last of which was against Portsmouth in a home defeat last December. However, we kept only 4 clean sheets at home all season. Stoke look full of goal-scoring potential, and Norwich have a key defender (Whitbread) as an injury doubt. While Paul Lambert will undoubtedly be looking to improve our defensive record, I think Norwich will concede here, especially in what could be a nervy first home game (Last season we lost our opener at home 2-3 to Watford, and the season before was the famous 1-7 drubbing to Colchester) Following from the above, then, Norwich have a punishing fitness regime, and Stoke have had their midweek Europa league game. As I mentioned in my (thankfully ignored) first post last week, Norwich did so well last season because they scored a massive amount of late equalisers/winners. I think 16/1 on Stoke/Draw is a tad long, and 33/1 on Stoke/Norwich potentially also. I would have though Stoke will start the strongest and Norwich will finish stronger. Both could well be worth a small stakes bet, especially Stoke/Draw. GL all.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August RE: Swansea V Wigan.... Not that I'll be taking it, but you couldn't go far wrong backing the unders @ about 1.78/1.79 - Betfair. I agree I think the odds on Swansea seem a little bit lacking in value currently, considering they face an....established??:unsure ..... Premier league side. Allbeit a Wigan Athletic side that seem destined for another relegation scrap. However, even this early in the season, both managers will be aware this is very much a six pointers, and we don't really know how Swansea will perform on their own turf in this league, especially after experiencing a 4-0 demolition job last weekend. That's probably something this side won't be used to....i.e. winning one week, drawing the next, then getting absolutely stuffed for the next three games, and having to win a six pointer just like that. Wigan have never been particularly big scorers in this league, especially away from home, and I expect Swansea to have the lions share of possession, with possibly a slight lack of cutting edge, as Wigan will be desperate not to lose I think.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Sunderland @ 2.16 pinnacle Liverpool @ 2.98 pinnacle Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 2.90 centrebet Villa looked pretty good at the back against Fulham and with Given in top form, they will be hard to breach. Not too enthused about the Blackburn forward line, as Wolves did not have too many problems against them, and after going a goal down, they came back over the top of Blackburn. Now Blackburn have to travel and last year they did not fare well on the road, while Villa usually are hard to beat at home. The acquisition of N'Zgobia gives them a bit of class down the flanks, and with Bent partnered by Heskey, they have plenty of size to take advtantage of Nelson and Samba, that even if they do play, if they are not 100%, then they will struggle to hold out this partnership. Even after one game, the lack of depth in Blackburn was noticeable and believe they will struggle this season, and like Villa to do well in their first home game of the season Everton -1 (EH) @ 2.33 centrebet QPR got showed up quite easily last week, and the they saw the gulf between the EPL and the Championship. Errors and poor defending will mean goals wil get conceded and now they face a tough test on the road as they face Everton who are looking to start the season off well. Defensively, Everton should not have too many problems with QPR based on what they showed against Bolton last week, but Everton's midfield works quite well and they will probe this QPR defence looking for the holes to play in Saha while Cahill is always a danger from set pieces and crosses. Like Everton to win this one well Swansea - Wigan over 2.5 @ 2.06 centrebet Swansea were belted 4-0 by Man City on Monday night and it is a quick back up for them. Their defence was exposed and like Moses, who stood out in the 1-1 draw with Norwich to do some damage here. Wigan too have a suspect defence and could have easily conceded a few more goals to Norwich. They will be facing a home crowd who wil be roaring on the home side and expect this to be an open game with two suspect defences leaking goals. Chelsea -1.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle While Stoke managed to hold out Chelsea, the form of Torres was enough to suggest that he may have a good season. He showed glimpses of what he is capable and he looked refreshed and ready to play. West Brom were somewhat unlucky to lose to Man Utd, but it is the class difference that they do not have was the deciding factor in their loss, and Chelsea away is a hard game for them to bounce back. Chelsea have won all 10 previous EPL meetings between the twosides and have scored 29 goals in these martches, with 15 goals and none against in 5 home matches. Hard to see the Chelsea defence being breached while there is enough quality in the Chelsea side to win this one well August picks: 5-3 (+4.75)