** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Saturday 20 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Sunderland v Newcastle United (12:00 BST) 2.22 3.41 3.75 101.04 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Liverpool (12:45 BST) 2.7 3.35 3.2 98.14 %
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.76 3.7 6 100.51 %
maximize.gif Everton v Queens Park Rangers (15:00 BST) 1.57 4.1 7.8 100.74 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Wigan Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.85 100.84 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v West Bromwich Albion (17:30 BST) 1.33 5.7 12.5 100.54 %
Sunday 21 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Norwich City v Stoke City (13:30 BST) 2.66 3.38 2.94 101.19 %
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Fulham (14:00 BST) 2.42 3.45 3.25 101.08 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City (16:00 BST) 5.05 3.66 1.89 100.03 %
Monday 22 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (20:00 BST) 1.73 4 6.5 98.19 %

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Man.United – Tottenham Man.United has a very good record against Spurs at Old Trafford. They won last 6 home games against Tottenham and in 5 out of these 6 games they won by at least 2 goals. I expect price on Man.United to drop further closer to kick-off, so will be taking this one early. Man.United -1 AH @ 2.15 (5 units) Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Man.United – Tottenham Man.United has a very good record against Spurs at Old Trafford. They won last 6 home games against Tottenham and in 5 out of these 6 games they won by at least 2 goals. I expect price on Man.United to drop further closer to kick-off, so will be taking this one early. Man.United -1 AH @ 2.15 (5 units) Bet365
I would be careful about this match as Man Utd suffered 3 injuries in a game vs West Brom, with Ferdinand out for six weeks, Vidic two and Rafael 10 weeks on the sidelines. Also Hernandez is out. What worries me is that Man Utd will have very young back four with a young goalkeeper, so it will be interesting to see how will they cope with Crouch, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko, Van der Vaart or whoelse might play in front for Spurs. The only experienced player in back line of Man Utd is Evra and he will play with either Jones, Smalling, Evans, Fabio, who are all very young.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August I think the price on Sunderland is too high. The display they put on at Anfield last weekend was enought to have me backing them at home to host Newcastle, who didn't look the part hosting Arsenal on saturday. Sunderland looks like a team with confidence and I think 2.30 for a home win is too high. Thoughts?

I would be careful about this match as Man Utd suffered 3 injuries in a game vs West Brom' date=' with Ferdinand out for six weeks, Vidic two and Rafael 10 weeks on the sidelines. Also Hernandez is out. What worries me is that Man Utd will have very young back four with a young goalkeeper, so it will be interesting to see how will they cope with Crouch, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko, Van der Vaart or whoelse might play in front for Spurs. The only experienced player in back line of Man Utd is Evra and he will play with either Jones, Smalling, Evans, Fabio, who are all very young.[/quote'] I also thought about injuries, but last season Man.United managed to play good football even when they missed some important players. Also Spurs have Europa League games this Thursday, while Man.United will have the whole week to prepare for this game.

I think the price on Sunderland is too high. The display they put on at Anfield last weekend was enought to have me backing them at home to host Newcastle, who didn't look the part hosting Arsenal on saturday. Sunderland looks like a team with confidence and I think 2.30 for a home win is too high. Thoughts?
Just checked the stats and Sunderland has won only 1 home game aout of the last 5 against Newcastle with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Maybe focusing on goals market will be a better option.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Arsenal V Liverpool Early one here. Watched the Arsenal game last night and they were very lucky to get out with a 1-0. Udinese had a number of good chances to score, and made Arsenal look very flaky at the back. Looking ahead to the Liverpool game, they will already be without Fabregas and Eboue for obvious reasons. Also on the missing list are Gervinho and Song who are suspended, and Wilshere, Diaby and Nasri who are injured. Add in the fact that both Gibbs and Djourou went off injured with hamstring strains, they must also be very unlikely. Given how delicately poised the CL tie is, I can't imagine Arsenal taking any risks with players not 100% fit on Saturday. I think Liverpool will see this as a real opportunity to go at Arsenal. Even this early in the season, an away win at one of their main CL spot rivals would be very significant. Especially after the dissappointment of the Sunderland game. With the likes of Suarez and Downing in the team, Liverpool love to counter attack, and with the defensive absences for Arsenal, there should be goals. However Liverpool themselves looked vunerable at the back as well, so don't think I trust them enough to back them for the straight win. Instead I will take them to get a couple of goals, with a push if they only score once. There was already a move on this after the game last night, with a number of bookies cutting their prices on Liverpool, and Liverpool goals. Corals have held their prices so far though, so I will play with them: 4.5pts Liverpool over 0.5gls @1.44 - Corals 2pts Liverpool over 1.5gls @3.2 - Corals :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Also would like to add that taking into account the injuries and lack of creativity for Arsenal it is hard for me to see them winning this game. So the bets I am interested in are Over 2.5 @ 2.10 and Liverpool DNB @ 2.00.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Quick one as I'm at work.. Wolves v Fulham Wolves to win first half @ 3.10 - betsafe, gamebookers, getwin, nordicbet, sportsalive, youwin Almost mirror images of each other at half time. Wolves 9-3-7 before the break at home last season, Fulham 5-5-9 away. Wolves 5-4-2 against the top 11 away sides (Fulham #11), Fulham 4-2-4 against bottom 10 home sides (Wolves #14). Last season's fixture, Wolves led 1-0 at HT, Fulham score 10 minutes before FT to make it 1-1. Little has changed - Fulham uninspiring in the first half against Villa (so was Villa, but yeah), Wolves come off a positive start against Blackburn, and always play energetically at home. Predicted chance HT 1X2: 35% - 44% - 21% Betvalue: 108.5% Playable down to: 2.86 Worth noting the change in Fulham from HT to FT. 5-5-9 away record at HT, 3-9-7 at FT. HT/FT 1/X may interest some.

Just checked the stats and Sunderland has won only 1 home game aout of the last 5 against Newcastle with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Maybe focusing on goals market will be a better option.
Don't see how those stats affect the price. Sunderland is a brand new team and looked impressive at Anfield. I rarely focus on h2h-stats betwen teams...

Man.United – Tottenham Man.United has a very good record against Spurs at Old Trafford. They won last 6 home games against Tottenham and in 5 out of these 6 games they won by at least 2 goals. I expect price on Man.United to drop further closer to kick-off, so will be taking this one early. Man.United -1 AH @ 2.15 (5 units) Bet365
Yes Man Utd have a phenomanal record at home against Spurs, so isnt about time that record was quashed? United have many injuries and were lucky to pick up the 3 points at The Hawthorns. Also, put in the fact of Tottenham's very bad luck at this ground for goalscoring opportunities - Pedro Mendes' effort that clearly went over the line! Nani's goal I think it was last season where Gomes thought he had a free kick. Spurs are due some luck at this stadium and I think its about to change

Yes Man Utd have a phenomanal record at home against Spurs' date=' so isnt about time that record was quashed? United have many injuries and were lucky to pick up the 3 points at The Hawthorns. Also, put in the fact of Tottenham's very bad luck at this ground for goalscoring opportunities - Pedro Mendes' effort that clearly went over the line! Nani's goal I think it was last season where Gomes thought he had a free kick. Spurs are due some luck at this stadium and I think its about to change[/quote'] Don't think their injuries will affect em that much. Man U have a really wide squad in the back.

Don't think their injuries will affect em that much. Man U have a really wide squad in the back.
Hmm, well of course it will affect them if their 2 both first choice centre backs are out. Rafael is also out with Evra a 50% chance of playing, which means they will probably line up with Evans - Smalling - Jones - Fabio, not much of an experienced back line playing against Crouch,Modric,VDV and Defoe. And with the shakey De Gea behing them they could be a culprit.

Don't see how those stats affect the price. Sunderland is a brand new team and looked impressive at Anfield. I rarely focus on h2h-stats betwen teams...
You should. They are important, as are all stats ;)
4.5pts Liverpool over 0.5gls @1.44 - Corals 2pts Liverpool over 1.5gls @3.2 - Corals :hope
I agree with the bets, and I'll probably be looking at laying Arsenal in some form, unless their price rises.... Just wanted to add that Carlos Vela has left too, and don't forget though that Van Persie should be back and has been made captain. I think though that this game has come at the worst time for Arsenal as they look all over the shop right now. Players are leaving at the wrong time, and no replacements are coming in. When Wenger does bring in replacements it will take them time to bed in. Really they should have done all this business at the end of May, beginning of June. As Ferguson does. If you're going to refresh you squad of players doing it in August is suicide.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Arsenal-Liverpool DNB 2 2,25 stan james 8pts Arsenal misses Fabregas ( ok he is gone) Nasri,Diaby,Song,Gervinho and most probably Wilshere,Gibbs and Djourou.Gibbs and Djourou were injured in yesterday's qualification match.The Gunners have just too many players missing.They were lucky that they haven't concede any goal against Udinese.The italians had a lot of chances to score.Arsenal may rest some of their power for the second leg next week. Liverpool bought some very talented players with the likes of Henderson and Downing. GL:ok

You should. They are important, as are all stats ;) I agree with the bets, and I'll probably be looking at laying Arsenal in some form, unless their price rises.... Just wanted to add that Carlos Vela has left too, and don't forget though that Van Persie should be back and has been made captain. I think though that this game has come at the worst time for Arsenal as they look all over the shop right now. Players are leaving at the wrong time, and no replacements are coming in. When Wenger does bring in replacements it will take them time to bed in. Really they should have done all this business at the end of May, beginning of June. As Ferguson does. If you're going to refresh you squad of players doing it in August is suicide.
Yes,I agree with you.I can't see Arsenal finishing in the top 4.For me,Tottenham and Liverpool are playing for the 4th place.Arsenal has too many problems and when their strikers get injured they have a much bigger problem.

Arsenal-Liverpool DNB 2 2' date=25 stan james 8pts Arsenal misses Fabregas ( ok he is gone) Nasri,Diaby,Song,Gervinho and most probably Wilshere,Gibbs and Djourou.Gibbs and Djourou were injured in yesterday's qualification match.The Gunners have just too many players missing.They were lucky that they haven't concede any goal against Udinese.The italians had a lot of chances to score.Arsenal may rest some of their power for the second leg next week. Liverpool bought some very talented players with the likes of Henderson and Downing. GL:ok
Great price. It is 1.90-2.00 with most bookies and I am sure will drop even more by Saturday. I am taking this one early too.

I think the price on Sunderland is too high. The display they put on at Anfield last weekend was enought to have me backing them at home to host Newcastle, who didn't look the part hosting Arsenal on saturday. Sunderland looks like a team with confidence and I think 2.30 for a home win is too high. Thoughts?
Would leave this match well along. Local derbies, anything can really happen. The safest bet would imo to back a red card being shown @ 2.7 although the market isn't liquid yet. These derbies tend to be very passionate & fierce derbies.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Arsenal v Liverpool I think both teams to score has to be the play here. I am not convinced with either teams defence with Arsenal having injury problems and Liverpool conceding for fun during pre-season. While Arsenal are without Nasri and Fabregas I am always very confident of them scoring at the Emirates and with Liverpools huge array of attacking talent I am also confident of them getting on the scoresheet too. Also worth noting that in the last 12 fixtures between these two sides, BTTS has came up 11 times. Selection: Both teams to score @ 1.80 with Bet365 - 3 units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Hi Guys, I'm new to this, but generally seems a great place to be for tips and opinions - much better than Facebook groups I've seen. Anyway, for this weekend: Manchester City to beat Bolton @ 5/6 with BoyleSports I know Bolton come in on the back of a 4-0 win, but I think that was quite a misleading result. And whilst I don't fancy City to win the Premiership, I think they will keep a clean sheet against a mediocre attack, and I'd be surprised if they don't score. Wolves winning at Half Time @ 21/10 with SkyBet This has already been mentioned. All I will add is that Wolves have been scoring plenty at home as of late, and as we know Fulham have been poor away, particularly in the first half. Finally, I am sure that there will be goals in the Spurs v Utd match - just looking for a bet with value if anyone has any ideas? Thoughts?

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Chelsea v West Brom Another early one for me here as I feel the price may drop closer to Saturday. I thought Chelsea played well on Sunday against a tough tackling Stoke team and were unfortunate not to win the game. West Brom on the other hand were looking like they were going to be onto a hiding at the hands of United until De Gea threw them a lifeline but they could not see it out for a draw. Chelsea were the 2nd strongest team at home in the EPL last year and Villas Boas will be looking to kick off his home Chelsea career in style I think and I fancy them to cover a -1.5 goal handicap. Also worth noting Chelsea have beat West Brom in the last 10 meetings between the sides, covering this handicap an impressive 8 times. Selection: Chelsea -1.5 AH @ evens with Bet365 - 2 units

Would leave this match well along. Local derbies' date=' anything can really happen. The safest bet would imo to back a red card being shown @ 2.7 although the market isn't liquid yet. These derbies tend to be very passionate & fierce derbies.[/quote'] Only one red card shown in last 7 outings. I agree it's hot derby, but I reckon Sunderland will benefit from it...

Quick one as I'm at work.. Wolves v Fulham Wolves to win first half @ 3.10 - betsafe, gamebookers, getwin, nordicbet, sportsalive, youwin Almost mirror images of each other at half time. Wolves 9-3-7 before the break at home last season, Fulham 5-5-9 away. Wolves 5-4-2 against the top 11 away sides (Fulham #11), Fulham 4-2-4 against bottom 10 home sides (Wolves #14). Last season's fixture, Wolves led 1-0 at HT, Fulham score 10 minutes before FT to make it 1-1. Little has changed - Fulham uninspiring in the first half against Villa (so was Villa, but yeah), Wolves come off a positive start against Blackburn, and always play energetically at home. Predicted chance HT 1X2: 35% - 44% - 21% Betvalue: 108.5% Playable down to: 2.86 Worth noting the change in Fulham from HT to FT. 5-5-9 away record at HT, 3-9-7 at FT. HT/FT 1/X may interest some.
Interesting analysis. However, i was molineux for the 1-1 game last season and we (wolves) we're lucky to be leading 1-0 at half-time. It was a very dull game, with few chances. Fulham probably edged it, although that's mostly due to their 2nd half performance. I'd say it's more likely to be a draw at half-time, i certainly don;t see value in wolves h-t when compared to say wolves dnb or under 2.5. I haven't made my mind up about this or any of the games yet, but thought it was worth pointing out. *apologies for anyone who followed my wolves draw bet last weekend, still think that bet would make profit over the long term but a bad weekend for me all in all in the premier league only made up by profit elsewhere across europe. Trust my first 3 tips on the prem board all lose lol liverpool over 2.5 newcastle over 2.5 wolves draw Hopefully will have better luck this week in the prem*

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Arsenal - Liverpool I agree that Liverpool have to be backed here. Reasoning: - Current form: Arsenal's form was dodgy in the preseason and they didn't look convincing against Newcastle and Udinese. While they kept clean sheets they haven't been up against quality attacking players so far. - Lack of creativity: Arsenal tend to struggle to score in tight matches and they looked awful going forward against Newcastle. With Nasri, Fabregas, Gervinho missing and a makeshift midfield I doubt they will create much, even against an average Liverpool defense. - Defense: Looking grim at the moment. Djourou and Gibbs are out, so I'm not even sure who is supposed to be leftback. Could be Vermaelen which means Squillaci at centerback who has been terrible. The thing is Vermaelen has been their only centerback on form, so shifting him to leftback seems suicidal. Koscielny has had a bad start to the season. They might be tempted to play Jenkinson or Traore (the later could be injured but I don't know) but frankly none of them is good enough at this point. Possible lineup: Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Jenkinson - Midfield: The situation is even worse here. Fabregas is gone. I doubt we will see Nasri again in an Arsenal shirt. Wilshere is probably out. Song is definitely out. Diaby and Eastmond still injured. Rosicky already played two games this week and had to come off yesterday. Frimpong has glimpses of talent but is too unexperienced in a big match. Ramsey hasn't been good since his loan move(aside of scoring against ManUtd) and looked short of confidence. Possible lineup: Frimpong - Rosicky - Ramsey (yuck) - Attack: Gervinho is out. RVP and Arshavin still have to regain full fitness. Chamakh has been rubbish for a long time now. Possible lineup: Walcott - RVP - Arshavin - Schedule: Arsenal had a tough match against Newcastle, one yesterday and a very important match next Wednesday. Players like Rosicky can't take 3 matches per week and injured-prone players like Walcott are likely to pick up more injuries. - Home form: Arsenal's home form was very average last season. I think Liverpool to win @3.27 (Pinnacle) and Liverpool DNB @2.07 (Pinnacle) are must bets.

Arsenal - Liverpool I agree that Liverpool have to be backed here. Reasoning: - Current form: Arsenal's form was dodgy in the preseason and they didn't look convincing against Newcastle and Udinese. While they kept clean sheets they haven't been up against quality attacking players so far. - Lack of creativity: Arsenal tend to struggle to score in tight matches and they looked awful going forward against Newcastle. With Nasri, Fabregas, Gervinho missing and a makeshift midfield I doubt they will create much, even against an average Liverpool defense. - Defense: Looking grim at the moment. Djourou and Gibbs are out, so I'm not even sure who is supposed to be leftback. Could be Vermaelen which means Squillaci at centerback who has been terrible. The thing is Vermaelen has been their only centerback on form, so shifting him to leftback seems suicidal. Koscielny has had a bad start to the season. They might be tempted to play Jenkinson or Traore (the later could be injured but I don't know) but frankly none of them is good enough at this point. Possible lineup: Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Jenkinson - Midfield: The situation is even worse here. Fabregas is gone. I doubt we will see Nasri again in an Arsenal shirt. Wilshere is probably out. Song is definitely out. Diaby and Eastmond still injured. Rosicky already played two games this week and had to come off yesterday. Frimpong has glimpses of talent but is too unexperienced in a big match. Ramsey hasn't been good since his loan move(aside of scoring against ManUtd) and looked short of confidence. Possible lineup: Song - Rosicky - Ramsey (yuck) - Attack: Gervinho is out. RVP and Arshavin still have to regain full fitness. Chamakh has been rubbish for a long time now. Possible lineup: Walcott - RVP - Arshavin - Schedule: Arsenal had a tough match against Newcastle, one yesterday and a very important match next Wednesday. Players like Rosicky can't take 3 matches per week and injured-prone players like Walcott are likely to pick up more injuries. - Home form: Arsenal's home form was very average last season. I think Liverpool to win @3.27 (Pinnacle) and Liverpool DNB @2.07 (Pinnacle) are must bets.
Song can't play because he is also suspended:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August I cant blame anyone for opting for Liverpool , I feel Arsenal are there for the taking. Kenny would of been studying the Gunners an realize they have defensive frailties and the Reds will be looking to exploit them. Arsenal have numerous players missing for game an Liverpool more or less have full squad to choose from. Downing looked lively on Saturday i can see him building on that. I'm confident the Reds will take at least a point back to Anfield, my bet would be Liverpool on some sort of handicap, but prices are short.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August This is my first post here so look forward to what other people have to say on the weekend matches. I too think Liverpool have to be backed for the win even at the emirates for reasons mentioned above. Interesting to see a lot of people bet on goal markets I have never really looked into it too much, though I am just your average guy who bets just on the weekend for outright results. Had a good result last weekend with 3 draws in an accumulator. Anyway, here's my punt for this weekend: Arsenal v LIVERPOOL A VILLA v Blackburn 5/1 Wolves v Fulham DRAW Swansea v Wigan DRAW Bolton v MAN CITY 18/1 WEST HAM v Leeds DERBY v Doncaster CHARLTON v Scunthorpe BRENTFORD v Leyton Orient 9/1