BBOTD 22nd June

Re: BBOTD 22nd June CPO Selection

Wednesday 22nd 3.50 Salisbury Nazreef e/w This horse has been dropped a couple of lbs since running much better at Sandown last time out. He showed he can run as well on turf as he does at Southwell when finishing a good 5th in the Spring Cup. He now runs off 85 and looks well handicapped considering he beat the consistent Snow Bay off a mark of 91 on the all weather. The slight help from the handicapper should see him get involved. Also the easing in the ground may help his chances and again he runs for the bang in form Highie Morrison stable.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 3.50 Salisbury A cracking 13 runner Class 2 1m handicap and I'm going with a potentially pattern class performer in this. Invincible Soul (10/1 >William Hill BOG) - Top weight but has a great chance here from top yard with top jockey up top. Still lightly raced with just 1 win to its name but I feel it will add to that here. Other than a poor ride given to the horse by Eddie Ahern and an awful lto at Royal Ascot, this horse has some really solid form and, despite a rising mark, looks capable of securing its first handicap win. Has a nice draw too and I think the ground will be perfectly fine. Is entered up later in the week at Windsor for a listed event so is clearly well regarded. Lots of decent rivals in opposition but none as classy as this one and I'm happy to go EW at a double figure price. Win

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 3.35 Carlisle The Carlisle Bell looks a superb race. Mont Ras will prove popular as he is well in at the weights and is likely to go close while so well handicapped but if MIAMI GATOR reproduces his latest C&D effort he could go close. His C&D record reads 2114 - the second was beaten by a short head and the 4th was off the back of a two month break. Doesnt seem to have anything in hand at the weights but should give it a good go under a jockey that knows how to get the best out of him. Miami Gator 22/1 William Hill, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 5.15 Carlisle Doc Hay is still improving and won very impressively lto despite meeting a lot of trouble. When he got the gap though he flew and the penalty shouldn't stop him from following up. Stable doing well at the moment and although this is a better race than last time I just feel he should be backed until he loses.There are a couple of potential dangers with Ryedane likely to run well also but I'm confident of another victory here for Doc Hay. 1 Pt win 11/4 Hills

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 5:30 Salisbury - Cinderella A wide open apprentice handicap here, Cinderella may have what it takes to win this. There is nothing to note from her record, except to say that this will be the filly's first run on turf since June 2010. From then until now, she's ran on AW so may appreciate the predicted gd/sft going. Lucinda Featherstone is the trainer and she has only had one winner this season, but shows a good record in apprentice races (2 in 11 from 2010 onwards) and has won at big odds before. Cinderella is forecast at 20/1 by the RP, although the 4yo could pull a few surprises with her run here. Finally, she has a Featherstone family member on board, which sparks my interest in these types of races. EW at SP

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 3:50 Salisbury - Linnens Star - win @ 16/1 (VC) Competitive C2 Handicap in the offing here with many useful types lining up. It may pay to side with the unexposed Linnens Star who represents the in-form Ralph Beckett yard. Having only had 8 career runs to date, this capable 4 year old looks to have a lot more to give. I reckon he'll be at his best over further than this 1 mile trip, but for now he may be able to get away with it. Salisbury is a fairly stiff track and the last half-mile is uphill, so the ability to get the trip is a must. He'll certainly get it but whether the race is run to suit is another thing. Last time out, Linnens Star shaped quite well over an inadequate 7 furlongs at Newmarket. Despite holding every chance in the closing stages and being bang there with less than a furlong to go, he just couldn't quicken when asked. It's possible that the GF ground wasn't to suit against that calibre of opposition either, although he did win his maiden on a fast surface. However, it was a slowly run race in which he was able to keep up with the tempo quite easily, so with the emphasis on speed in the closing stages, he never really had a chance. It was a more than encouraging effort though and the handicapper also deems him worthy of a 2lb drop in the weights, which is handy. It took Linnens Star a couple of outings to hit full stride last year and with this being his third run of this campaign, his match sharpness should be spot on. This race does represent a step up in class but he ran well at this grade last year over 7f on soft ground off a 3lb higher mark. I think he should prove good enough to win a race like this and hopefully it'll be today. Ralph Beckett hit a flat spot over the past couple of weeks but with 2 winners and a couple of places from his last 6 runners, his animals may just be running themselves into form. He's got a decent course record and comes down here with just this fellow today. Jim Crowley is on board as he has been for 7 of this horses 8 runs and this is one of only a couple of rides for him at the track before heading to Kempton. The other would be a big outsider. Crowley rides the track well and should be able to get this fellow a nice position from stall 12. Some of the market leaders are vulnerable in my opinion and the lightly-raced Linnens Star could be the one to take them on with. Conditions will be fine, the track will suit and if he gets a good pace to run at (or even makes it himself), I think he'll run a good race. Leviathan is worthy of a lot of respect but I think he's too short to side with at 4/1. He's entitled to go well but finds it tough to get his head in-front, so I'll oppose. Ralph Beckett's charge is one that's worth keeping an eye on over the coming months, so I'll plump for him here. Hopefully he'll go well.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 1 point win blue charm 18.20 kempton @ sp blue charm was a beaten favourite last time out but failed to get into the race when to far behind to get into contention,the race before that interests me over 7 furlongs blue charm was finishing like a train and if that was over the 8 furlongs today blue charm could have won it,blue charm has won on this course before and also over this distance,if not to far behind comeing into the final furlong blue charm has a great chance

Re: BBOTD 22nd June Hi although I've been lurking for a while this is my first selection for BBOTD 15.50 salisbury- Bravo Echo ridden by Luke Morris-trainer M Attwater. this is a selection based on current form for a small yard which in the last week alone yielded an 18/1 and 9/2 winner , the same horse Stonecrabstomorrow at Brighton and 50/1 the other day at Kempton. Although Brave Echo's recent form has not been too great he is now nicely below his last winning weight with the same Jockey on board today and at the initial price of 33/1 I think it may be worth an moderate E/W punt

Re: BBOTD 22nd June

Hi although I've been lurking for a while this is my first selection for BBOTD 15.50 salisbury- Bravo Echo ridden by Luke Morris-trainer M Attwater. this is a selection based on current form for a small yard which in the last week alone yielded an 18/1 and 9/2 winner , the same horse Stonecrabstomorrow at Brighton and 50/1 the other day at Kempton. Although Brave Echo's recent form has not been too great he is now nicely below his last winning weight with the same Jockey on board today and at the initial price of 33/1 I think it may be worth an moderate E/W punt
:welcome Good luck with your selection. By the rules you should state with which bookmaker your 33/1 bet is Harrisman. Best of luck and hope you continue to post mate :ok

Re: BBOTD 22nd June Carlisle 5.15: Le Toreador 1pt win @ 20/1 Boylesports BOG Kevin Ryans horse knows how to win and although last couple of runs have been stinkers, those races may have been slightly stronger than todays and the horse has proven in the past that it can bounce back from bad runs with a win. Didn't go unbacked LTO and has won from higher than this in the past so think that the 20/1 available is a pretty decent price for Kevin Ryans only runner across the cards today. :hope

Re: BBOTD 22nd June Worcester 4.30 Perfect Reward win - 5/2 BlSq Sky SJ Perfect Reward is unexposed over fences and won really well lto. The race was just 5 runners, but he beat decent horses and I think handicapper has been lenient on him. Only 8lb up in the weights and should continue to improve. Dominican Monk won at Newton Abbot on penultimate start, but was very disappointing lto. He has won off similar marks in the past though, so I think he is a saver material. Not sure the rest of the field can win off their marks. Top two in the weights have usually struggled being so high. De Luain Gorm is 13yo and mark looks stiff enough. Riddleofthesands hasn't shown enough so far to represent any sort of interest at the price.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June W4.00 Fade To Grey 0.5pt E/W 10/1 Skybet The selection is one of only a few with course form and the horse has indeed finished 1st and 2nd on its last two starts over c&d. The horse races off the same mark as when 2nd LTO but I think it's not in the grip of the handicapper yet, if the jockey can give it a better ride it should go very close. It looks sure to run its race and at 10/1, I think it makes e/w appeal.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 3.35 Carlisle I was really taken by Pravda Street's performance at Ayr last week. That was his second run for Ellison and his second win. Carries a 6lb penalty today and is 2lb well in compared to his new mark and clearly acts on soft ground. He stayed on readily over the 7f so the step up in trip to 1 mile shouldnt be a massive problem. Yard won this race last year and this horse looks very progressive and could easily go onto better things yet. 1pt win Pravda Street 5/1 lads

Re: BBOTD 22nd June My best bet is in the 3.25, Ten Pole Tudor dropping back to 2 miles and I think he's a very good EW bet at 8/1. He fell last time when running a fair race, he would have been 4th but he was tired as he really only gets 2 miles, this is an easy track too so should have something left for the business end of the race and may get revenge over Cardinal James who wants further than this and he's half the price. The fav Be Ashored hasnt won for ages but looks well handicapped, he's not the most consistent of animals and worth taking on. I'll go for the win bet in this comp. 3.25 Wor: Ten Pole Tudor 1pt (8/1 Boylesports)

Re: BBOTD 22nd June INVINCIBLE SOUL 3.50 Salisbury. 0.5 points each way. Not too consistent, but does have the ability to go close today, even off a mark of 100. The trip's fine and although the ground's a little softer than ideal, he should be handling it on breeding (Invincible Spirit (IRE) (7.5f) — Licorne (Sadler´s Wells (USA) (11.4f)). Hannon and Hughes obviously no worries, so at a big price worth a bet. 14/1 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 1.50 Worcester - 1pt win Adeus Ayrton @ 12/1 (Bet365) - BOG Novice handicap hurdle and I think Philip Hobbs' Adeus Ayrton can run a cracker here. I expect it, in fact. He was by no means disgraced in starts in a bumper and three hurdle runs to date - however interrupted his career has been to date. He only had one run in both 2008 and 2009. Looked like he wanted handicaps in maiden hurdles last year, and ran a good race in defeat on his handicap debut last month at Wincanton. Travelled up really nicely but just got outsprinted as they turned for home, hit two out, and ended up beaten 26l. It was encouraging seen as it was his first run for a year and was very entitled to need it. The tongue-tie is on and he gets a slight drop in trip which should suit. He's 2lbs lower and gets a "proper" jockey on today in Rhys Flint. I reckon he's going to put in a bold show at a nice price. Philip Hobbs is going well with form of 5120412 in the last fortnight and hopefully his form can continue here.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 2:10 Salisbury - Pink Sapphire - Back Was absolutely backed off the boards on debut at Haydock in a manner as though defeat was out of the question. The money was left behind though as he looked very raw and green. He will have undoubtedly learned alot from the experience and finished well enough to suggest he would be winning soon. He looks to have been found a good opportunity to make his experience count here and once again he's been heavilky backed this morning. Richard Hughes takes the mount and he has a good record at Salisbury and I think he should be able to steer this one home nicely 1pt win @ 8/15 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD 22nd June Bath 7.40 - Alpha delta whisky - win at 13/8 BOG paddy Power Won well last time at sandown, following up a neck 2nd to a decent looking type at Nottingham, shows that he's in form. Should be ok here if he acts at sandown, similar tracks, and appears to act on any going so late rain shouldn't affect his chance. A couple of his rivals here looked quite good but disappointed on their last runs and 3 of them look better over 6 furlongs

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 5.15 Carlisle - Tasmeem 12/1 Bet365 E/W From bets placed last night im on Nadeen at 20/1 and Tasmeem at 8/1, they've both gone in opposite directions so the value lies with this one imo. Since switched to Dandy Nicholls he seems to have quickened up, often too keen over 6f. I've been waiting for him to drop to 5f and he comes here off his last winning mark. My main concern is the ground as he may prefer it quicker but does have form over similar conditions so it may be ok. Drawn well in 2 hopefully he can gain a handy position and the drop to 5f can change his fortunes.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 9.10pm @ Bath 'Look Twice' 6/1 (ladbrokes) Improved showing last time out when tryed to lead pillar to post in a 6fl and just got caught by an improving Henry Candy sprinter. Form doesn't look up to much but neither does anything elses. Drawn well enough to attack from the gate here and dropping back a furlong so hopefully a repeat of last time tactics and improvement lead to a result tonight. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 7.40 Bath - Pick a Little e.w at 6/1 William Hill Up another 5lbs for victory lto in a class 4. Ran off 67 ( with claimer allowance) and harry bentley who has been on board last two victories retains the ride so his 5lbs will be valuable to take horse down to 72 of which it was competitive off before. Although last wins have came over 1f longer , hasn't been disgraced over 5f and cant see why its 6/1

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 8.50 Kempton - Den's Gift (20/1 SJ) 1pt Win Price looks a bit too big to me as I think the horse is more than capable of winning off this sort of mark, whilst a lot depends on whether he gets the run of the race or not, the Cox yard have shown signs of hitting form of late and I fancy this fellow to run well and hopefully not end up as a sitting duck in the final furlong.

Re: BBOTD 22nd June 8:50 Tevez @ Kempton - Course and distance winner that was slowly away in its last three starts but still managed to make the frame twice the other time it finished just out of the placings.Has a 3lb rise in the weights to overcome but tonights jockey claims 3lb.If getting out of the stalls no problem has a great chance and won't be far away again 1pt Win bet @ 9/1 Stan James