** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WPT Poker - Lock Poker -

swampster

WPT Poker - Lock Poker -  

1. 1.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16

Because we dont know their reasons for not playing. Considering everyone spent months qualifying Im imagining anyone who didnt play missed out for good reason.
Can you make it a 6 minimum players? If we have 8 or 9 players then the 10th and/or 9th spot prizes are forfeited? If we cancel a second time then there is no way we can make it on time for PCA.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16

What about me? I now cannot make it because of the re-arranged date. I went to a lot of trouble to make alternative arrangements so I could play the first scheduled final. I was at the Unibet Open in Riga and had to pay for separate new flights and take an extra day off work so i could sit in my hotel room in Riga and watch the final get cancelled! It does not seem fair that I will now miss it after I went to a great deal fo trouble and personal expense to make sure I could make the original. And now you tell me the people who could not even bother to turn up to win such a decent prize are getting a second chance. Seem highly unfair in my opinion. I am not asking for any special favours here just a little bit of fairness!
Good point... what do you think we should do?

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Well we are the majority. I personally think that the tournament should be arranged at a mutually convenient to all the 9 that did register to the original. The rest if they have to play can then work around us as after all these are the people that have inconvenienced us. You surely cannot say fairer than that even though i persoanlly think they should not be invited as if the tournament had run they would have blinded out and not won any prizes apart from one of them getting the 10th place prize.

Well we are the majority. I personally think that the tournament should be arranged at a mutually convenient to all the 9 that did register to the original. The rest if they have to play can then work around us as after all these are the people that have inconvenienced us. You surely cannot say fairer than that even though i persoanlly think they should not be invited as if the tournament had run they would have blinded out and not won any prizes apart from one of them getting the 10th place prize.
thats should happend but as we can see lock will give them 2nd chance i will be not suprised if they didnt show up again

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Here is my tuppence worth, a few pointers which could help our members. Unhappy at the re-arranged date If its 10 to make the event run on Sunday and people still are not happy, then simply agree between yourselves not to register, the game will be cancelled and you can rearrange again. A precedent has been set now by allowing those who didnt play last week to play this week and you cannot be penalised for doing the above. To penalise anyone for not registering in the 2nd game would be a legal minefield. Changing the winners prizes I'd urge Lock Poker to listen to the members here and instead of offering the PCA as the destination, to change it to something which can be planned easier and more cost effective. Below is a list of events that would be a few weeks later, would be more cost effective and could keep to WPT Poker's deadlines. 31st January - EPT Deuville - France with entry of $7103 6th February - WPT Venice - Italy with entry of $7000 20th February - EPT Copenhagen - Denmark with entry of $6715 With the above events, it would give players a decent amount of spending money on top of the entry fee to cover a week in style in any of these places.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 20th February - EPT Copenhagen - Denmark with entry of $6715 is too close to SuperPoker Event Ireland (24th-26th Feb). Donna, and Myself already registered :nana Then week after it's the Vegas league final :ok Happy to go with flow :ok

FAO ShaneLock

It is clearly a total package of 20k not a 20K package for first on both the WPT site http://www.wptmag.com/lockedon/ and the Lock site http://lockpoker.eu/locked-on/ Im not sure where else it was posted that it was misrepresented other than in this forum title..
Did you mean to say that the total prizepool is $20k? It is clearly not! All we are saying is that the first place prize is worth $20,000 which means that Lock Coaching for 1st PLACE is worth $7200. Correct? BUT FROM http://www.wptmag.com/lockedon/: WIN! $20,000 PACKAGE FROM LOCK POKER & WPT POKER MAGAZINE "Starting on July 31st and running for 16 weeks on Lock Poker, we’re running a series of bounty tournaments that will culminate in a final where one person will win an all expenses paid trip to the 2012 PCA Main Event. In addition to this you’ll also receive personal coaching from one of Lock Poker’s top pros. Finish in the top 10% of the leaderboard at the end of the 16 week series and you’ll be automatically entered into the final, where one player will walk away with the a prize package valued at $20,000". FROM http://lockpoker.eu/locked-on/: 1st PLACE: $10,000 + $300 2012 PCA Main Event Seat, $2,500 Travel Expenses, Lock Coaching i.e. => "Lock Coaching" = $20,000 - $10300 - $2500 = $7200. We are just asking if this $7200 is in fact coaching and hotel since it will cost $5000+ to go to PCA and stay at Atlantis and you are only stating $2500 for travel expenses despite WPT saying all expenses paid. Also: Q1. How many hours worth of Coaching for 2nd place? Q2. How much is basic coaching worth? The prizes should not be changed. 1st PLACE should be a $20K PCA all expenses paid package including Coaching as advertised for 6 months. But, yes, if the winner cannot make PCA, then I'm sure alternative arrangements can be made so that the winner gets a $20k package to somewhere else and Lock and WPT are happy. Let's just play the final ASAP. The date of the final can be brought forward if Sunday is no good for some people. How about Friday 9th of December? Thanks.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Emailed him this evening so will keep you posted if I get a reply! Let's see what he says first beforfe we make any decisions on what we do etc....I will have internet access all weekend in N.Ireland......just that my flight home is at the time of the tournament.....boooo

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Well it needs 10 to run so it's in 'our' (the PL members) hands - there's only 6 non-PL qualifiers. A precedent has been set whereby if it doesn't run those who weren't registered are not barred from playing a future running of it. You incurred significant extra expense last Sunday to make the original date, and voiced your inability to make a Sunday rerun before it was set up, so I think we as a group - the 7 of us - should not register (or de-register) for the tournament.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Guys - I leave at 12pm and will not be back in front of a computer until much later i. when i land in London. We need to make a decision on this - we either all play or dont as if half play as it stands (few PL registered) the tourney will run without the rest of us. We need to stick to together on this...thoughts please....

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 I will be out from 2pm tomorrow and may not be back before 8pm. On previous such occasions I have made use of the 30 minutes late registration allowance and can plan to do that again if it is running when I get in. It clearly should have run last week and I am disappointed it was not rearranged with only 9 players. This is nothing personal against Andy, who could not have done more last week to be in the right place at the right time, but we could continue for some time to be in that position which is likely to arise when 13 specific people have to be available on a specific day at a specific time. The chances are there will be at least one person who cannot make a particular date - especially at this time of year.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 its so fcking sick i was waiting for that a long time --taht suposed to be a bigest tournament ever play and i think if we decided to not play at sunday they wil say fck off to all of us and we will get nothing from them at all (like coral poker did with me last week) Andy i dont wanna say that iam not going to unreg at all will made decision later as i belive you must play it and it should be only for a 9 of us will be back to this in morning --too drunk at the moment......

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 This is sh*t......I agree that they may just make a decision to fck us all off. I will change my flight and rush to try and play the tournament from heathrow airport when I land - they better not cancel it again as this is starting to cost me alot of money in extra flights. As for the people who missed last week - completely unfair!

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 They can't make the decision to abandon the final tournament. It's been featured in WPT magazine for (roughly) 7 months. They can't change the 'big prize' for continuity reasons as it has been advertised, albeit wrongly, as the chance to win a 20k PCA package - so there's absolutely no way that they could then just scrap it altogether!!

They can't make the decision to abandon the final tournament. It's been featured in WPT magazine for (roughly) 7 months. They can't change the 'big prize' for continuity reasons as it has been advertised' date=' albeit wrongly, as the chance to win a 20k PCA package - so there's absolutely no way that they could then just scrap it altogether!![/quote'] Belive me --they can. Same with coral poker they adveritise tournament for 6 months i took bounty of and still have no cash on account, they even stop replay on my emails, they totally ignore me .. anyway i will do what you decided to do----as i belive i own it to forum and all of you so please post yours decision and if you want i will unreg from tomorow game

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 What should we do? I dunno, but I will follow the forum. Either we decide to go and play it without Andy and with the losers who should have lost their seat for not showing up the first time, or help it get cancelled for a second time, take our chances and hope we get a better rematch? Which option is less bad? :unsure

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Looking in from the outside I think your being a bit unfair to those that didn't register the first time as lock hardly went out of their way to inform anyone. I see that they are licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission who I opened a complaint with about another site a couple of years back. They gave the site 5 days to respond to me and told me to let them know the outcome. The site continued to ignore me, I told the commission and with in an hour they had threatened the site with revoking their license. The site then phoned me(from Australia) in a most apologetic manner stuck some money in my account and mailed the prize I had been waiting 6 months for immediately. Rejmak- Unfortunately for you Coral poker is regulated by some monkeys in Gibraltar so you are probably fighting a losing battle. There really should be a transparent U.K licensing board that any company wishing to operate in the UK should have to sign up.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 i feel sorry for the guys here whom spent their money and time and effort playing these games on lock i never played any one of these as i looked at how they were setting up the prizes with somewhat confusion with bounty points as well in the league and thought better off it glad i did now as from what im hearing there seems to be no proper comms with ie lock poker wpt magazine and the players involved here ,,dunno whos at fault here but the main issue is arranging the final players get a chance to play this final and move on :ok

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 There is not much I can do.....I have a flight from Dublin @ 18.30....it lands at LHR @ 19.50. Once i get through passort control etc...barring any delays, I will find some wifi and see what is happening......if it is running I will reg using the 30mins late reg if not then i guess we will see what happens.... One way or other this has been a right debacle from the off which is super disappointing considering the pedigree of the prizes. This the organisers fault 100% - they should have emailed all participants about last week and then either auto-reg them or set the tourney up to go with no minimum. If they had done all of that this would all have been avoided.....