** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WPT Poker - Lock Poker -

swampster

WPT Poker - Lock Poker -  

1. 1.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16

Hey guys, I was travelling over the weekend and am back on deck to find this horrible situation. The tournament needed a minimum of 10 players because the prize pool pays 10 places. And unfortunately there is no auto-reg feature for tournaments, no matter how the entries were setup the same problem would have arisen with the lack of 10 registrations. I have contacted WPT to see how they want to proceed as far as rerunning this. Best, Shane _ Shane Bridges Director of Affiliate Marketing Lock Poker Intl. mobile - +44 7548568 090 Toll free - 1 800 284 5952 ext. 700 Skype - shane.lockpoker http://www.lockpoker.com
......but you still didn't need to put minimum of 10 players???? Those that were bothered about this final, were registered, others obviously weren't, as 1 who could've registered was already playing on Lock yesterday, and they would've known they had a ticket for it. Also now it's getting close to the ME (Jan 7th), flights will be more expensive! Plus there needs to be things to sort out before, like holidays from work, and I am sure it will take Lock Poker sorting out the 1st, and 2nd places, more than a week to contact, and confirm prizes.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Just had a good idea, i think :unsure Because of timescale, why dont we change 1st, and 2nd places to: 1st. WSOP 2012 ME $10000 buyin, and rest as is. 2nd. $1000 WSOP 2012 side event, and rest as is. Both buyins are almost same, as prizes already stated. :ok

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16

I've got a better idea. Let's just dish out the prizes by the final tournament leaderboard rankings and keep the swaps as is. I'll fly to PCA and win you guys a piece of $2 MILLION! :ok
You're so funny, my sides are splitting :lol:rollin:lol

i will be in New York anyway so I am much closer!
No good if you can't play this weekend though ;) My offering of suggestion... 9-man STT for the 9 who 'turned up' yesterday 1st: $6,000 ($1,500 WSOP event plus expenses) 2nd: $4,000 (£1,060 GUKPT event plus expenses) 3rd: $3,000 ($1,000 WSOP event plus expenses) 4th: $2,000 (£770 UKIPT event plus expenses) 5th: $1,500 6th: $1,100 7th: $900 8th: $800 9th: $700 Totals $20,000 Everybody gets something, 4 people play Live tournaments representing (I assume?) Lock and WPT Mag, and the expenses will actually cover the cost of attending the tournaments. :drums

No good if you can't play this weekend though ;) My offering of suggestion... 9-man STT for the 9 who 'turned up' yesterday 1st: $6,000 ($1,500 WSOP event plus expenses) 2nd: $4,000 (£1,060 GUKPT event plus expenses) 3rd: $3,000 ($1,000 WSOP event plus expenses) 4th: $2,000 (£770 UKIPT event plus expenses) 5th: $1,500 6th: $1,100 7th: $900 8th: $800 9th: $700 Totals $20,000 Everybody gets something, 4 people play Live tournaments representing (I assume?) Lock and WPT Mag, and the expenses will actually cover the cost of attending the tournaments. :drums
Now thats an idea :ok

The prizepool is way more than 20k though, it is more like $30k... Magazine says, "one player will walk away with a prize package valued at $20,000" 1. $10,300 + $2,500 + Coaching = $20,000 package as stated in magazine. 2. $1,100 + $500 + Coaching = At least more than 2nd place = $1,110 + $500 + $2,550 > $4150 at least 3. Coaching (3 Hours) = $2,550 4. Coaching (2 Hours) = $1,700 5. Coaching (1 Hours) = $850 6. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? Say 12 minutes = 850/5 = $170? 7. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? Say 12 minutes = 850/5 = $170? 8. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? Say 12 minutes = 850/5 = $170? 9. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? Say 12 minutes = 850/5 = $170? 10.Coaching (BASIC) = ???? Say 12 minutes = 850/5 = $170? TOTAL = $30,100 at least. Whatever the value of 1st and 2nd place is I don't understand how they do not include accomodation when it is $1300 to fly to NAS and cheapest hotel&food option at Atlantis where the tournament takes place is $3839 = $5,000+ expenses. Maybe you would stay at some Team Lock mansion or apartment? My experience from winning a ton of packages suggests to me that it should be: $10,300 seat, $2500 travel = $12800 + 4 hours coaching ($3400) + $3839 hotel&food (from atlantis.com - cheapest) = $7239 OR 3 hours coaching ($2550) + $4478 hotel&folio (from pokerstars package) = $7028 = $20,039 OR $19,828 i.e. as close as possible to the $20k value stated Instead, the reply was that the $7,200 difference is all coaching but you have to sleep on the beach... :rollin See my post #174 here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/2059635-post174.html Maybe Shane from Lock can fully explain the 1st and 2nd place prizes. and prizes 6th-10th too... Despite being an excellent promotion, it has now been running for like 3 months and the communication from Lock has been terrible. None of my emails or tweets have been replied to and no one was told officially when the final was or how to find it. If it wasn't for punterslounge and swampster/WPT Mag nobody would have registered probably! The fact that it was cancelled is one fail too much imo.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Bene, I had specific confirmation from a Lock support rep called Daniel that the total prizepool for all 10 places was $20k - even though we all know it isn't and was advertised regularly as being the winner getting a $20k package.

Daniel DEC 04, 2011 | 08:54AM EST Hi, Please view the full breakdown of prizes via this link >> http://lockpoker.eu/locked-on/ If you read carefully the Total amount for the ten possible prizes on offer is $20,000. Therefore 1st is not worth $20k and is worth in total $12.8k.
I think if we manage to get a prizepool worth $20k then we should all be happy, as clearly Lock's intention was/is to pad it out with this 'Lock Coaching' at $850/hr. The prizes as they were for yesterday - if you come 1st you're going to have to find over $1k of your own money to be able to fulfil the prize you win, and if you come 2nd it is going to be over $3k of your own money. Win a package and end up $k's out of pocket :puke

Bene' date=' I had specific confirmation from a Lock support rep called Daniel that the total prizepool for all 10 places was $20k - even though we all know it isn't and was advertised regularly as being the winner getting a $20k package.[/quote'] Shows how wrong the Lock rep is!!! 20k total value would mean that: a) basic coaching is $100 b) 2nd place is worth less than 3rd place as Coaching for 1st and 2nd place would = $0 for total to be 20k LOL 1. $10,300 + $2,500 + NO Coaching = $12,800 2. $1,100 + $500 + NO Coaching = $1,600 3. Coaching (3 Hours) = $2,550 4. Coaching (2 Hours) = $1,700 5. Coaching (1 Hours) = $850 6. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? $100? 7. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? $100? 8. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? $100? 9. Coaching (BASIC) = ???? $100? 10.Coaching (BASIC) = ???? $100? = $20,000 lol So there would be NO COACHING to 1st and 2nd place if it is 20k and it clearly says there is coaching and it would be more than 3rd place obv...

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 DaMatrix iam more than sure that 20K is total of prizes in the final game and they hove no hotel at all for us. Anyway the idea of split prize from Samba is more than great but again who will set up this for us? Lock POker? they didnt even proper set up last night final!! but if they can i will be more than happy with this

DaMatrix iam more than sure that 20K is total of prizes in the final game and they hove no hotel at all for us. Anyway the idea of split prize from Samba is more than great but again who will set up this for us? Lock POker? they didnt even proper set up last night final!! but if they can i will be more than happy with this
See post #253. If it is 20k then there is no coaching for 1st and 2nd place. and so 2nd place would be worth less than 3rd place. Makes no sense at all unless Coaching for 1st and 2nd place is a bus from the airport to a tent on the beach.

If it is 20k then there is no coaching for 1st and 2nd place. and so 2nd place would be worth less than 3rd place. Makes no sense at all.
The 1st prize 'package' was to consist of a $10.3k tournament seat, $2.5k in expenses, and $7.2k in 'padding'. You know this, I know this, we all know this. I just posted what I was informed of when I finally got a reply from a Lock rep. As I said before, if we can get a prizepool where the actual value of it is $20k then we should take it and be relieved imo. I thought my suggestion was fair for all - we all get something, there's live tournaments at which Lock and WPT Mag can be represented, winners aren't going to be massively out of pocket, and it will cost the sponsors less (if Lock's valuation of their pro's coaching is to be believed) than the original alleged prizepool. And Jon could get 4 tournament's worth of trip report for the mag. Let's give Jon a chance to sort things out, and see if he can get blood out of the Lock stone

bus from the airport to a tent on the beach.
:rollin:rollin:rollin i think its all we can get it now as Andy said he cant play next weekend, if WPt made it 18th i dont wanna play coz there is too late for me and no point to play for a Bahamas trip where i cant go (need time to made a visa) Have no idea how Lock /WPT sort it out but i belive they should do somthing for us and agree for changing prize pool and i will never agree to play more than 9 players whatever we play for

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 The prizepool should remain as advertised. i.e. $20k package to the PCA for the winner with maybe an option to go in 2013 or swap for $20k WSOP 2012 Main Event package (or Aussie Millions) if the winner can't make arrangements in time for PCA. Also, the $7200 Coaching for 1st, and whatever the coaching value is for 2nd, should be sensibly split into coaching&hotel like any other site would. #lookatthetitleofthisthreadtoo OP date: 13 June 2011.... 6 months! #sick

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 o.k - i have just checked my flights on Sunday and i get back to London Heathrow at 19.50. I guess (barring any delays) I could make a tournament at 10pm UK time if that remotely helps this situation. Although i would prefer another evening such as Monday (most people are in on Monday nights aren't they??)

I have to say that having read this thread over the weeks and months and seen the problems with league tables et al, two words kept coming to my mind: Goal and Poker.
+1, or Victory and Poker. After 6 months we still don't know what the prizes are or when the final is lol

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 Hey guys, Just spoke to the WPT guys and the rerunning of this tournament is now live in the software. Its been setup at the exact same time, but a week later so now on the 11th of December. I will be emailing all players shortly to remind everyone to register so the tournament starts. Shane

Hey guys, Just spoke to the WPT guys and the rerunning of this tournament is now live in the software. Its been setup at the exact same time, but a week later so now on the 11th of December. I will be emailing all players shortly to remind everyone to register so the tournament starts. Shane
Some questions, just off the top of my head whilst I am eating, if you'd be so kind to answer please... What about the concerns people have about the fact the league was advertised as the chance to win a $20k package - yet it turns out just to be a $12.8k 'package'? What about the concerns people have about the fact we're going to have to find over $1k of our own money just to be able to accept the winner's prize? What about the concerns people have about the fact that we're going to have find over $3k of our own money just to be able to accept the runner-up's prize? Who is it that has attributed the cost of $850 an hour to the prizes of winning some coaching? Is there somewhere we are able to go and pay this $850 for an hour's coaching, or is it just a arbitrary figure used to pad out the supposed value of the league? Why are travel and accommodation not included in the winner's and runner-up's prizes, when all other sites who you can win 'packages' through make sure it's not going to carry such a large financial burden on those "lucky" enough to win? Can the transfer of a winning package be negotiated with a fellow finalist for those of us who can't afford being lucky enough to win one? Why do Lock support reps slyly transfer you to a web enquiry form rather than answer your queries? I imagine others may have other questions too

Some questions' date=' just off the top of my head whilst I am eating, if you'd be so kind to answer please... [/quote'] It is clearly a total package of 20k not a 20K package for first on both the WPT site http://www.wptmag.com/lockedon/ and the Lock site http://lockpoker.eu/locked-on/ Im not sure where else it was posted that it was misrepresented other than in this forum title. What about the concerns people have about the fact we're going to have to find over $1k of our own money just to be able to accept the winner's prize? Main even packages have included a funds to cover some travel costs since the beginning of time. Its impossible to budget for all possible situations so the general practice has always been to pick a figure to cover some of the cost and to stick with that. That cost comes from how much the pros charge for an hour of their coaching. There have been lots of far ranging requests to change what tournament the prize should be, talking to WPT its important from their standpoint that there is some continuity in the magazine content so reporting back on this promotion after WSOP doesnt really work. We arent opposed to being slightly flexible with this though, but rather than try to fit everyones personal preference this is best left till we have actual winners so we work with one set of plans.

i have only 1 question: why you allow to play 4 players who didnt show up and play last week and made all this mess?
Because we dont know their reasons for not playing. Considering everyone spent months qualifying Im imagining anyone who didnt play missed out for good reason.

Re: WPT Poker mag - WIN A $20,000 PCA PACKAGE Lock Poker - Sundays, LEG 16 of 16 What about me? I now cannot make it because of the re-arranged date. I went to a lot of trouble to make alternative arrangements so I could play the first scheduled final. I was at the Unibet Open in Riga and had to pay for separate new flights and take an extra day off work so i could sit in my hotel room in Riga and watch the final get cancelled! It does not seem fair that I will now miss it after I went to a great deal fo trouble and personal expense to make sure I could make the original. And now you tell me the people who could not even bother to turn up to win such a decent prize are getting a second chance. Seem highly unfair in my opinion. I am not asking for any special favours here just a little bit of fairness!

Because we dont know their reasons for not playing. Considering everyone spent months qualifying Im imagining anyone who didnt play missed out for good reason.
But 1 of them was even playing on Lock at that time :wall but we couldn't chat to him while he was in other tourni