** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - June 6-12

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

Ward is now 1-7 to win in-play!!!!!
Just a little word of advise' date= James Ward is a dangerous player on grass and possesses a big serve, do not underestimate the kid, he could very well sneak a tie-break and anything could happen from there... Querrey is known to implode against lower ranked players when he isn't quite getting his way. Belluci is another dangerous bet if you ask me. I like Troicki to beat Berdych today however, plus handicap is a must.... Anyways.. I've left off all bet today aside from Hewitt 2-0, too unpredictable today's matches.... very 50/50 ... even Anderson could cause Roddick problems...
Did say. :dude

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Looks like going against a player that did not offer a single breakpoint in the match with Dolgopolov was a sloppy idea :wall edit: Hope Berdy will collapse and gets me into black numbers today edit2: Kohlschreiber vs (presumably) Monfils should have nice odds - going to back Kohli in this

Hewitt vs Kolschreiber - Gerry Webber Open (Halle) - Hewitt to win - 8/13 - Paddy Power - Strength 8/10 - Moderately big stakes

The only reason Kolly is priced so favorably here is home turf, the guy is by no means a grass courter, he has a base-line game suited to medium paced hard-courts and on his day can beat just about anybody outside the top 5. Right now, with the form he's in, his day isn't coming around any time soon, he'll need to have an amazing day to outwit one of the smartest grass courters of the modern era. Hewitt means business, he knows his injury has caused him to slip heavily down the rankings, making a menz on grass his best surface is something he knows he must do in order to save himself from the ordeal of battling through qualifiers just to play in 1000/slam events. Hewitt will outwit and out hustle Kolschreiber a guy who isn't as buoyed by German support as most would initially assume he is.

LOST. :sad Kolschreiber had one of his days and Hewitt isn't as back to form on grass as I first believed, way too passive, he was waiting for Kolschreiber to miss, hardly ever dictated the play, didn't even attempt it, just kept on trying to counter attack. Really pissed off ATM, more than you would believe, had Roddick, Hewitt, Troicki and Petzchner all in a £20 accumulator.....

LOST. :sad Kolschreiber had one of his days and Hewitt isn't as back to form on grass as I first believed, way too passive, he was waiting for Kolschreiber to miss, hardly ever dictated the play, didn't even attempt it, just kept on trying to counter attack. Really pissed off ATM, more than you would believe, had Roddick, Hewitt, Troicki and Petzchner all in a £20 accumulator.....
You just summed up how I feel right now. Hewitt, on some day looks like a formidable figure on grass court and next day he delivers a below par performance like this one. Whats more pathetic than his game was that he hardly tried to control the play. Pathetic display of tennis from him but now I have accepted the fact that he plays his tennis this way only. Thats the reason he is such an under-achiever:@

Gerry Weber Open - Petzschner to beat Raonic @ 2.75 (Ladbrokes) - WIN AEGON Championships - Verdasco to beat Roddick @ 3 (10bet) - LOSS
The less said about Verdasco the better, really. Good performance from Petzschner. Well done to everyone on Tsonga today, Nadal looked knackered in that third set.

I've taken two for now, probably take another look in the morning to see if anything else is about. Viktor Troicki vs Tomas Berdych- Troicki to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Gael Monfils vs Ivan Dodig- Over 21.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS
Diasappointed with those two. Troicki didn't look interested after losing the first set tie break, and Dodig just wasn't on song with serve which he needs to be do beat any player really.

Agree with Atko that today looks tricky to call in places, but I have tried to find some value and taken 3 in total. Marin Cilic vs Andy Murray- Murray -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- VOID Rafael Nadal vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga +3.5 handicap- Evens Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Rafael Nadal vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga to win- 11/4 Ladbrokes- (3/10)- WIN
Shame Cilic withdrew but credit to Tsonga, played a great game. Rafa was tired as I expected but you have to praise Tsonga who has made my day :lol. Tsonga's win makes up for losing bets on the Troicki and Monfils matches so from those 5 bets it gives me +4.25 bringing me onto +21.54.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Better day than y-day. 3/5 today. Winners: Wozzi unders, Peng and Safarova with handicaps. Losers: Hewitt and Bondarenko. Hewitt failed to impress and did not have a single break point against Kohly whilst Bondarenko was really terrible. Only she knows how on earth she managed to lose to opponent who made 61 unforced errors, that was twice as many as Alona produced.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 One for Saturday Sabine Lisicki > Shuai Peng. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) I think Lisicki deserves to be a bigger favorite in this one. She's got a killer serve which has got her out of trouble time after time and she is yet to drop a set this week despite being out of some sets. She has been able to come back in all matches she was having problems. Saw bits of Peng against Erakovic and the Chinese player was too inconsistent to feel good about her game. I think Lisicki will hold easier and should be able to make some plays on return as well. Should be a close match as it's the case most of the time involving Lisicki or Peng. They have played a three setter in their only H2H match which was won by Lisicki three years ago in Tashkent. Think Lisicki will won this time as well.

SportTennis
EventQueens outright
SelectionMurray
Strength10/10
Date12/06/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.71
Reasoning I think this is a good price. Murray had a chance to rest today which is a big plus as he was possibly tired from the clay. But he's had some time off and been able to practice. With Nadal out I think he'll step up this weekend. Roddick has been getting better each match, but now against a great returner I think he'll come up short. Then Tsonga or Ward in the final, ok most likely Tsonga but maybe Ward can cause some problems. Tsonga may have a let down after beating Nadal, but even if it is Tsonga, I'd really expect Murrayto take him down in the final.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 port Tennis Event Wozniacki - Barthel Selection Wozniacki -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00 Reasoning I see easy win for Caroline Wozniacki. 6-1, 6-1 or something. For Barthel this result is incredible good result, many points for the ranking etc. but this girl must be tired.. Play 3 matches in Q and 3 matches in main draw, yesterday three long sets against Mattek-Sands. Barthel is not consistent, making many unforced errors + tired.. Wozniacki play at home, in first match play on 30% and won 6-3, 6-2 against Falconi, in next round play against good friend Kerber and 7-6, 6-3, yesterday show the best level and won 6-0, 6-1 against good Brianti. Next destroy! ----------- Sport Tennis Event Tsonga - Ward Selection Tsonga -7.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00 Reasoning I can't image other result here than easy win for Tsonga. Tsonga yesterday beat Nadal in three sets and show incredible strong and confident tennis. He is in big form and can take title here. Yesterday made 24 aces against Nadal.. Against Ward? hehehe, look at this. Ward have good tournament, but can't make more here. Yesterday played really long match against Mannarino, can be tired. Ward don't have skills to play on the Tsonga level. I see minimum two broken serves in every set. 6-2, 6-2. ------ Sport Tennis Event Roddick - Murray Selection Roddick +0.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.40 Reasoning I see Roddick win here, but I took more safety HC. Roddick be able to win, last match in H2H against Murray is match on grass, in Wimbledon 2009, where Roddick won in 4 sets. Roddick in this tournament show unbelieveable serve stats, in first match against Lopez lost one serve game in three sets, but in next two matches against Anderson and Verdasco(both won 2:0) hold all serve games. Murray lost set against Malisse and play two very close sets against Tipsarevic, yesterday took walkover against Cilic, can be out of match rhytm.. 7-6, 5-7, 7-6

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Andy Murray vs. Andy Roddick (11/06) Andy Murray -2 games @$1.93 7/10 Andy Murray will be too much class for Roddick on his home court. Roddick as only recently returned forom injury, and has appeared to have beaten some quality opponents, but really they are just in very poor form (like Fernando Verdasco). Murray has heavier ground strokes and is more consistant than Roddick. If they trade backhand rallies, Murray will dominate. Home court, better player, good bet.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Hantuchova looks great in this tournament, impressed me in the game tomorrow as she had a great game. Ivanovic looks also good, these two are the best in tournament, but IMO Hantuchova is much more in form and should win this match. Hantuchova vs Ivanovic home @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Wosniacki vs Barthel away -6.5 AH @ 1.98 with Sbobet Wosniacki is great tennis player, and I see her here humiliating the opponent. The leader of ATP played very well: won 72% of the first serve and 82% on the second serve. Won 5 breakballs from 8. Won 62% of the balls from returning. Mona won just 61% from first service, 38 % from second and won just 35% from break balls. From retuning won just 50%. I see no 1 ATP winning clearly here.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Lisicki played very well this tournament, showed a good constant and now looks to beat Peng. Peng looked bad in this tournament, had problems with Erakovici, with Watson and with Broady, winning in last 2 games at tie break. Lisicki won everything and grown from match to match. Lisicki vs Peng home @1.90 with Centrebet

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Tsonga vs Ward home -7.5 @ 5.00 with Paddy Power Tsonga was simply incredible yesterday and I believe he will simply win here, I meanm the tournament. He was very hard to play against him: 86% from the first serve 52% from second service 45% from break balls 39% from returning against NADAL! Ward had just 67% in the first service, 44 % froms econd service, just 35% from returning service. Clear Tsonga here!

Lisicki played very well this tournament, showed a good constant and now looks to beat Peng. Peng looked bad in this tournament, had problems with Erakovici, with Watson and with Broady, winning in last 2 games at tie break. Lisicki won everything and grown from match to match. Lisicki vs Peng home @1.90 with Centrebet
Hi, Please do not insert bookie links as they automatically hyperlink and you inserted wrong anyway. ;) If they are valid they will hyperlink when you refresh the post. :ok

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 AEGON Championships - Murray to beat Roddick @ 1.7 (Pinnacle) As I said in my post yesterday, the lethality of Roddick's game is on the wane and I don't see him winning this title. Been wrong in opposing him a couple of times this week but feel there's value in doing so again today. His comprehensive victories thus far have somewhat masked the fact that he's not actually serving all that well. No disgrace in that of course - after all, this event is the first the American has played since Rome, and prior to it he hadn't recorded a victory since Indian Wells. Murray's return game is in a different class to anyone he's faced so far, and conditions are expected to be slow again, with light showers forecast - this plays into the Scot's hands as he'll be able to get more serves back into play. The odds place too much emphasis on Roddick's win at Wimbledon two years ago; he really did play out of his skin that day and I don't think he's capable of reaching that level any more. Only big doubt over Murray is tiredness a la Nadal yesterday, but he's had a day off given Cilic's withdrawal. Don't see motivation being an issue either, judging by the way he's been talking in his pressers. 1.7 isn't brilliant but looks a touch too high so I've taken Murray here.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Petra Martic +4.5 games vs Lucie Safarova. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Safarova barely covered 4.5 games against Zhang yesterday and Martic is better player than Zhang, so I expect her to beat this handicap with something to spare. She can serve and that should keep her alive. She won against Bondarenko despite 61(!!!) unforced errors. The reason for that win was 39 winners. Safarova ups and downs all the time and I think this match might go to 3 sets which would enable Martic to cover these 4.5 games. She beat Lucie 7-6, 6-0 on clay couple years ago and had only two break points against her in that match. Don't think Safarova will run away with this one either. Philipp Kohlschreiber +3.5 vs Gael Monfils. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kohly mighty impressive against Hewitt on Friday. He did not face a single break point in that match and neither against Dog in previous round. That's two matches in a row without a break point. The German player has never beaten Monfils in three attempts losing all three matches on indoor hard but I think playing at home should give him more confidence he can do something today. Monfils usually plays at least one poor game per set and Kohly just needs to take his chances. Don't expect him to win but +3.5 games is doable here.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Nothing for me today, probably leaving the tennis till next week now and focussing on the cricket. So I end a good week on +21.54, let's hope the rest of the tennis season is as profitable. GL to everyone for today and tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Tsonga J-W. - Ward J. Selection + 5,5 Ward J. (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65 Reasoning Well Tsonga eliminated Rafa and its coming here as a huge favourite,but Jamas Ward is playing a fantastic tennis giving everything what he has showning high performnace game.Wards already beat two big names Stanislas Wawrinka and defending champion Sam Querrey and am sure that he can give the maximum here against Tsonga.Ward appears to be in inspired form, and could prove to be a very tricky opponent he is attempting to make the most of his opportunity to reach his first ATP Tour final.I think this is gonna be very intense and tough clash so am taking this 5,5 on Ward.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 If murray can whoop roddick like he is then its built my confidence in tsonga more Ward playing well indeed but querrey is average, marranino is average and wawrinka lost to dustin brown bit ago so i know he is capable of blowing himself up so ward has been reasonably lucky who hes played. Tsonga is a monster at times and i didnt see him v rafa so cant use that for reasoning but 6-4 and 6-2 after a 7-6 tells me hes serving well and must have kept rafa under fair bit of pressure. Tsonga -5.5 seems good value as ward could lose tight first set say 6-4 or 7-6 then lose confidence n blow up Heres hoping anyway Wow absolute master class from murray. So much variation its laughable i felt for roddick poor guy. Good luck guys