Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - June 6-12

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sometimes in gambling we make good bets that lose and bad bets that win..... the difficulty for future learning is that we usually say a 'win is a win' when our bets come in ...but often when we lose we chalk it down as 'poor conditions' or 'rubbish performance' and of course sometimes confess to ourselves it was a terrible bet. It's still worth pointing out though that whenever a player we back wins very comfortably we never blame the conditions or the poor performance of the opposition. I just think this is an important point in helping people learn in gambling and how important it is to be honest with oneself. e.g , If an 8-11 shot you back wins in a third set tie-break..... Is that a good bet...or if you beat an odds-on handicap by one game...E.g I Backed mattek minus 2.5 today but she won the match in third set breker... is this a good bet...I don't think is although i'M not totally sure....kindof confused . what do folks think.... am i just over-analysing....btw.... for the most part i've been really liking the tips on the site...verdasco was the tip of the day and this guy spikatto seems to know his stuff.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

Sometimes in gambling we make good bets that lose and bad bets that win..... the difficulty for future learning is that we usually say a 'win is a win' when our bets come in ...but often when we lose we chalk it down as 'poor conditions' or 'rubbish performance' and of course sometimes confess to ourselves it was a terrible bet. It's still worth pointing out though that whenever a player we back wins very comfortably we never blame the conditions or the poor performance of the opposition. I just think this is an important point in helping people learn in gambling and how important it is to be honest with oneself. e.g ' date=' If an 8-11 shot you back wins in a third set tie-break..... Is that a good bet...or if you beat an odds-on handicap by one game...E.g I Backed mattek minus 2.5 today but she won the match in third set breker... is this a good bet...I don't think is although i'M not totally sure....kindof confused . what do folks think.... am i just over-analysing....btw.... for the most part i've been really liking the tips on the site...verdasco was the tip of the day and this guy spikatto seems to know his stuff.[/quote'] Thanks for your philosophical views on betting. :\

Tomas Berdych vs Viktor Troicki 4/5pts Viktor Troicki to win - 11/10 with Stan James I am very keen on Troicki in this game at odds against. There are plenty of reasons to oppose Berdych in this match-up in my opinion. First and foremost, his form so far in this tournament has been, to say the least, poor and he could/should have been knocked out in the previous round. His first serve percentage in his last game was as low as 44% and against a player of this quality he will need to find some consistency or he is in major trouble. He never made it past his first round match at the French Open so the poor form hasn't just been over the past couple of days. Berdych's opponent on the other hand is going great and has been for a few weeks now. So far this tournament he has dispatched his challenger very comfortably and, as we all know, he had a good run at the French Open. He has had a good year all round to be fair and, had it not been for the fact he has bumped into an inspired Djokovic 3 times, it would have been even more impressive. His serve is working well and he is breaking enough times to suggest that he will pose Berdych lots of problems.
Agree with this. Troicki should be favourite in my opinion as he has destroyed both Andreev and Zverev in the previous rounds. Whilst Berdych is still in this tournament by an inch. Ruben Bemelmans had a match point against him in which Berdych won by clipping the outside of a line. Berdych then went on to win the match but has been very poor against players just ranked inside the top 200. Got to back Triocki here.

Sometimes in gambling we make good bets that lose and bad bets that win..... the difficulty for future learning is that we usually say a 'win is a win' when our bets come in ...but often when we lose we chalk it down as 'poor conditions' or 'rubbish performance' and of course sometimes confess to ourselves it was a terrible bet. It's still worth pointing out though that whenever a player we back wins very comfortably we never blame the conditions or the poor performance of the opposition. I just think this is an important point in helping people learn in gambling and how important it is to be honest with oneself. e.g ' date=' If an 8-11 shot you back wins in a third set tie-break..... Is that a good bet...or if you beat an odds-on handicap by one game...E.g I Backed mattek minus 2.5 today but she won the match in third set breker... is this a good bet...I don't think is although i'M not totally sure....kindof confused . what do folks think.... am i just over-analysing....btw.... for the most part i've been really liking the tips on the site...verdasco was the tip of the day and this guy spikatto seems to know his stuff.[/quote'] A good bets a winning bet, mate :ok

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Lucie Safarova -4.5 vs Shuai Zhang. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Zhang is very lucky to be in this tournament. She has had tons of luck with a draw. First she beat part-time player Julia Boserup and then had a gift from Galina Voskoboeva who threw away a match that she should have won easily. Smth like 38 unforced errors, missed volleys at the net and just 4/14 on break points from Voskoboeva. That's what Zhang got away with. Not against Safarova. Despite being a bit poor in her first round, she improved in the 2nd against Krajicek. Even if she loses a set today, I still expect Safarova to win by at least five games. Difference in class, especially on this surface is huge. She beat Zhang by exactly five games in their previous and only one meeting which was earlier in the year in Aussie Open. Safarova won 7-5, 4-6, 6-1. Shuai Peng -2.5 vs Marina Erakovic. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Erakovic somehow managed to beat Errani despite not serving well and being broken five times. Peng is clearly a better player and won't waste as many chances as Errani did. Could be overish match as Peng also likes to mess around but can't see past her in this one. 2.5 games is a bit short for a handicap as well, as I would go for 3.5-4 games, so this is a bargain for me. Caroline Wozniacki vs Alberta Brianti. Under 18.5 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Wozniacki was forced to play a tie-break by Kerber yesterday. Don't think that will happen against Brianti. The Italian veteran is crap player and can not see her winning more than six games against the Dane. Brianti will be forced to play extra shot after extra shot and that will lead to unforced errors. Serve is not good for her and there are no weapons she can hurt Wozniacki. Last time they met in 2009, Wozniacki dropped just one game (Brianti did not hold her serve a single time) and this one could be very similar. 18.5 games is a bit too high for totals in my opinion.

Sometimes in gambling we make good bets that lose and bad bets that win..... the difficulty for future learning is that we usually say a 'win is a win' when our bets come in ...but often when we lose we chalk it down as 'poor conditions' or 'rubbish performance' and of course sometimes confess to ourselves it was a terrible bet. It's still worth pointing out though that whenever a player we back wins very comfortably we never blame the conditions or the poor performance of the opposition. I just think this is an important point in helping people learn in gambling and how important it is to be honest with oneself. e.g ' date=' If an 8-11 shot you back wins in a third set tie-break..... Is that a good bet...or if you beat an odds-on handicap by one game...E.g I Backed mattek minus 2.5 today but she won the match in third set breker... is this a good bet...I don't think is although i'M not totally sure....kindof confused . what do folks think.... am i just over-analysing....btw.... for the most part i've been really liking the tips on the site...verdasco was the tip of the day and this guy spikatto seems to know his stuff.[/quote'] Exactly mate, this place has changed recently.....wins are celebrated from the rooftops while losses are swept under the carpet or sometimes not even acknowledged in some cases, sometimes its easy to forget I've done it myself but in some cases I think its the more convenient option. There are some great punters here but the feel is different nowadays I think. And I agree, sometimes bad bets win.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Milos Raonic vs. Philipp Petzschner Selection Milos Raonic to win 2-0 Strength 10/10 Date 10/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.38 Reasoning ATP Halle - After getting off to a promising start on the hard courts, Milos Raonic is a backed outsider to do well at Wimbledon and this week at Halle. He faces German Petzschner, who played good tennis against Gimeno-Traver, but I don't see him matching up well too Raonic with his serve. I expected Raonic's price to be higher, around 4/6, so I'll have to take Raonic in two sets here. Sport Tennis Event Victor Troicki vs. Tomas Berdych Selection Victor Troicki Strength 10/10 Date 10/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.10 Reasoning ATP Halle - Tomas Berdych has not been in such great form recently, and with Victor Troicki looking like a strong outsider to win the tournament in Halle, I have to back him to overcome Berdych. For me, the odds should be 50/50, maybe with Troicki a slight favorite as he defeated Zverev and Andreev with ease. Bemelmans had a match point against Berdych, and shouldn't really be allowed to get close to winning a match of tennis against the Czech. Have to back Troicki here. Sport Tennis Event Andy Roddick vs. Fernando Verdasco Selection Andy Roddick to win 2-0 Strength 10/10 Date 10/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.40 Reasoning ATP London - Despite his recent decline in the rankings, Andy Roddick is still a force to be reckoned with on grass. His game doesn't suit the hard court as much anymore, but the slower grass courts should make him a little stronger than Verdasco. There could be a tie-break or two here, but with a dominant serve I'm backing Roddick to wrap it up in two.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Fernando Verdasco - Andy Roddick (-3) 2.05@triobet 5/10! First of all -3 games is too low. No matter that this has to be a cracking game, it doesn't make sence at all. Andy was impresive yesterday vs Anderson who is a great server, but andy looked so calm and ready, his return game was superb too. Looks like american planned to stay here for a while. Just can't see Verdasco breaking Andy. Verdasco is playing better with every game, but he were not tasted like today will... H2H 9-3 to american :hope Troicki tb. Tomas Berdych 2.1@triobet 5/10! No way that Tomas being favourite here, he should be at the airport right now, he saves 3 match points vs Bemelmans to overcome in the 3rd. Then also just won vs good friend Jan Hernych. Boy oh boy Troicki will test him today by all means. and there's no reason why he should be a dog here, just a little miss-judgment, so serb clear win.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Hi guys, 1 pick for the WTA Birmingham tournament: HANTUCHOVA TO DEFEAT RISKE BY2:0 SETS @ 1.56 on pinnaclesports Hantuchova is in great form and she is a top class grass court player. Riske is a talented young American player and on US hard courts she is capable of resisting Hantuchova but on grass courts Hantuchova should have too much attacking capabilities. [url=http://www.winningtipster.com/]

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Halle, Germany, quarter finals. I have seen both matches of the german and I wasn't impressed at all. In the first match with Stebe he was very weak, could have easily been beaten by the youngster and with Dolgopolov had a great luck as the Ukrainean played the worst game I have seen from him lately. Hewitt showed good tennis, very happy to see him playing so good, aggressive, will to win and control of every ball. Hewitt vs Kohlschreiber home win @ 1.72 with Ladbrokers

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 ATP halle, quarter finals. Berdych struggled here while Troicky showed his best. History: 2010 Indian Wells, Berdych won 2-0, in 2009 at Indian Wells Troicky won 2-0. Berdych struggled as I have said with Hernych and Bemelmands, while Troicky won with Andreev and showed how to be a winner with no emotion. Troicky to win, really impressed by him! Troicky vs Berdych home win @2.21 with >Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Verdasco vs Roddick pick: Verdasco @ 2.87 with Sportingbet Verdasco showed character here and value as he won against Argentinian David Nalbandian, a good tennis player. Verdasco plays well this season, he grws from match to match and I think the grass is a surface that he likes to play on. Roddick is trying to give some value to this season, but I can't see winning here. He was most of the time injured, missed from Roland Garros, he is very motivated, but I think it is not enogh against a players that is also motivated, has good results and plays good tennis.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Andy Roddick vs Fernando Verdasco 4pts Andy Roddick (-2.5 games) to win - 5/6 with Skybet Strong-ish bet for me here on a line that i think is too low. I have been impressed by Roddick so far this week and yesterday against Anderson he really upped his game to come through a potentially tough match pretty easily. His return game was as good as i have seen it in a while whilst his movement was brilliant too. With that being against a big server like the South African he should be able to do the same here against an opponent who has given his opponents some openings on his service game so far this week. I sided with Verdasco against both Mahut and Nalbandian and he didn't disappoint. There is no doubt that he is in good shape and does come into this with a chance but playing an inform Roddick on grass is a big step up on anything he has faced so far. He has a poor head to head record with him and i think Roddick's superior grass court movement will see him through. This line could also allow for Roddick to lose a close set but i am doubtful that will happen so he should cover it ok.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Just one for me today. (2/10) L.Hewitt to beat P.Kohlschreiber @ 1.73 with Pinnacle I liked Hewitt more in the opening rounds and he should be able to come through this one. He has a 2-1 record against the German and I feel that he can build on his performances here. It might be tight and we may see a three-setter, but the Aussie should prevail in the end imo.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Verdasco vs Roddick - Roddick to win 1.44 Victor Chandler Roddick to win 2-0 2.10 Bet 365 Roddick does well on grass with his serve having a great impact on it he has had a bad season so far struggling with injuries and form and needs ranking points to maintain his ranking. So he definitely wants to go deep here, playing against Verdasco who hardly plays on grass let alone does well. He faced a lacklustre Nalbandian in the last roud who is still coming back from an injury layoff and won but i'm still not convinced with him on grass and think that he has overachieved so far. Roddick should take this without too much hassle unless he decides to clown around or Verdasco goes into God mode.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Very interesting first set statistics for Verdasco-Roddick games 12 H2H games : 6 ended 6-3 and 6 ended with tiebreak. Odds for tiebreak in first set : 3.00 Odds for under 9,5 games : 2.50

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Tailing Hewitt > Kohlschreiber, and adding Brianti to bt Wozniacki @12.500 Pinnacle (0.5 u) Brianti (+6.5) to bt Wozniacki @evens local bookie (1u) I have been following the Copenhagen tournament closely for past couple of days, and Brianti was the player that impressed me most. The 31 yr old Italian player is steadily climbing the rankings during past couple of years, and this season she is heading into top 50. Her style is well suited to hard surface, which, as she admits, is her favourite. She can hit hard forehand and (one handed) backhand winners in a Federer's style, as well as running in sliced shot rallies. In R16, she defeated well playing Kucova 36 64 61 after having a slow start, but from the second set there were no doubts who will eventually win. On the other hand, yesterday's match Wozniacki/Kerber convinced me that the main weapon Woz has here is home soil and crowd (and sometimes linesmen's, too) support. She had really hard time with Kerber last night, and had it not been for a wrongly called point in a crucial moment of the second set, after which Kerber imploded, the result could have been different. IMO 6.5 handicap is a gift, and I am adding an outright as well, just in case Alberta will start playing well from the very beginning. GL :hope