** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - June 6-12

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

Murray vs Malisse- Aegon Championships (Queens) - Murray Total Games Under 12.5 - Evens - Paddy Power - Strength 6/10 - Small Stakes

Malisse is okay on grass and has had a good run @ Wimbledon, however he comes up against an Andy Murray buoyed by his efforts @ Roland Garros and the home crowd! He'll want to make a major impact with his first match back on the grass and I can see the crowd helping him through to a quite easy win. Under 12.5 games for Murray would mean 6-4/6-3/6-2/6-1/6-0 in the first followed by one of the same 5 scorelines in the second, 50/50 you would say against Malisse who we know possesses a fair bit of talent and is in good form but @ Even money its definitely worth a small punt.

You have posted this bet after the match has started. Now, I agree with your selection, and others will too, but you need to write this up sooner, otherwise nobody can realistically follow. You are turning this into your own personal thread. I don't think the post above really helps punters at all - in fact, all it does is allow you to crow about how you've picked a winner. We all pick winning bets, we all take things at the spur of the moment, sometimes just minutes before the match starts, and then they win. Don't post it here if that's the case. It isn't going to help the other readers substantially here, and the forum etiquette is that selections are put up well in advance, so that everyone can benefit. If you want a thread to put all your selections in at short notice, create one in the glory hunters forum. That'd be the best way to go about it. You have had some good winners in the last couple of days and I congratulate you on that. It's good to see, and even better to see others benefitting from that. But I can sense that your posts are irking a tranche of the readers and contributors here as well. Let's try to find a happy medium :ok

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win here. Berdych still not feeling comfortable on the grass. Really curious for the odds and lines in the next round vs Troicki. Could be nice to oppose T-Bird on decent odds.
Liked this shout sir, well played :clap

You have posted this bet after the match has started. Now, I agree with your selection, and others will too, but you need to write this up sooner, otherwise nobody can realistically follow. You are turning this into your own personal thread. I don't think the post above really helps punters at all - in fact, all it does is allow you to crow about how you've picked a winner. We all pick winning bets, we all take things at the spur of the moment, sometimes just minutes before the match starts, and then they win. Don't post it here if that's the case. It isn't going to help the other readers substantially here, and the forum etiquette is that selections are put up well in advance, so that everyone can benefit. If you want a thread to put all your selections in at short notice, create one in the glory hunters forum. That'd be the best way to go about it. You have had some good winners in the last couple of days and I congratulate you on that. It's good to see, and even better to see others benefitting from that. But I can sense that your posts are irking a tranche of the readers and contributors here as well. Let's try to find a happy medium :ok
I'd just like to say I did post this DURING the warm up but my internet cut, I kept refreshing but it wouldn't connect, so I hit back and then post and after 3-5 minutes it posted. By then ofcourse the match was well into its second game and I apologize for that but I can't help my internet cutting out.

I'd just like to say I did post this DURING the warm up but my internet cut' date=' I kept refreshing but it wouldn't connect, so I hit back and then post and after 3-5 minutes it posted. By then ofcourse the match was well into its second game and I apologize for that but I can't help my internet cutting out.[/quote'] During the warm-up isn't going to help either. That's five minutes, tops, before the match begins. In five minutes, you're not going to get many readers. Better to do it earlier. And if it goes in play, and I'm not sure if that particular bet does or not, the odds reduce pretty quickly. Let's make this really clear. I don't want this to turn into your glory thread, lauding up after you got a winner. Everyone gets winners. And I think that's what you are doing, intentionally or unintentionally. Go and do that in the appropriate part of the site. I have seen you piss people off in other parts of this forum and turn regulars away and I can see that happening before long if this continues down the same road.

During the warm-up isn't going to help either. That's five minutes, tops, before the match begins. In five minutes, you're not going to get many readers. Better to do it earlier. And if it goes in play, and I'm not sure if that particular bet does or not, the odds reduce pretty quickly. Let's make this really clear. I don't want this to turn into your glory thread, lauding up after you got a winner. Everyone gets winners. And I think that's what you are doing, intentionally or unintentionally. Go and do that in the appropriate part of the site. I have seen you piss people off in other parts of this forum and turn regulars away and I can see that happening before long if this continues down the same road.
"Lauding up" after I get a winner is definitely not the appropriate word but I can see this is a case of you simply following on from Fishy's little rant yesterday. You feel its your job as moderator to protect long serving posters on here like Fishy, which is fair enough, but let me just say I haven't turned away anybody and this is as much an exaggeration if anything. Like I said to Fishy, what I've been doing is in no way different to what anyone else has been doing when they get winners, which is quoting their write up and stating that they've had a "winner" followed by a few smiley's to express their feelings. Nothing in the rules suggests you cannot do that, its not like I am spamming or making irrelevant chit-chat which belongs in a Live-Score thread. If someone can't at-least show a glimmer of emotion/joy/expression when they win or lose (yes and lose because I have highlighted when I have losers too, lets not forget that) then what is the point in even posting? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum not only here to provide formal insight but also to provide fun too?

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Great value here in the game between the 11th team from ATP double - Lindstedt & Tecau - and the 20th ATP double - Marc Lopez / Rafael Nadal. The Swede and the Romanian are playing for such a long time together, have won some tournaments and this year participated already to 10 tours. Both are taking very seriously their career on doubles, while their opponents here have played just 2 tournaments this season. Because the Wimbledon will start soon I do not think Nadal will got too much involvement in this one. It is just a personal opinion and who will read this tip must take care here cause this is one of the main reasons for taking this bet. Lindstedt and Tecau IMO should win this one and go in the next round and get the revenge in front of the pair Mirnyi / Nestor that eliminated them from Roland Garros. Lindstedt & Tecau vs Lopez & Nadal pick: home @ 2.60 with Nordic Bet

"Lauding up" after I get a winner is definitely not the appropriate word but I can see this is a case of you simply following on from Fishy's little rant yesterday. You feel its your job as moderator to protect long serving posters on here like Fishy, which is fair enough, but let me just say I haven't turned away anybody and this is as much an exaggeration if anything. I'll repeat what I said yesterday to Fishy, what I've been doing is in no way different to what anyone else has been doing when they get winners, which is quoting their write up and stating that they've had a "winner" followed by a few smiley's to express their feelings. Nothing in the rules suggests you cannot do that, its not like I am spamming or making irrelevant chit-chat which belongs in a Live-Score thread. If someone can't at-least show a glimmer of emotion/joy/expression when they win or lose (yes and lose because I have highlighted when I have losers too, lets not forget that) then what is the point in even posting? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum not only here to provide formal insight but also here to provide fun?
I've got no problems with bragging on winning picks. It's those damn big bolded titles that bother my eyes. I wear glasses, and it's not cool to be following small letters... than boom your big letters.

I've got no problems with bragging on winning picks. It's those damn big bolded titles that bother my eyes. I wear glasses' date=' and it's not cool to be following small letters... than boom your big letters.[/quote'] LOOOOOOOOL! Okay, I'll tone the size down mate :D I don't believe I've ever bragged BTW.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Odds have dropped in favor of Stepanek but I will back here the Croatian. He is the number 37, Stepanek is no 57. Ljubicic showed good tennis in French Open, won against Devvarman, Querrey and Verdasco, being eliminated by the "tennis machine" Nadal, with 5-7 in the first set. He won against Sweeting 7-6 and 6-2 in the previous round here in London and promises he will beat second time Stepanek for drawing in the direct meetings. Stepanek played also well this season, but just against much lower ranks players. Been beaten by Gaquest, Davydenko and Schukin. Ljubicic vs Stepanek pick: home @ 2.13 with Pinnacle

"Lauding up" after I get a winner is definitely not the appropriate word but I can see this is a case of you simply following on from Fishy's little rant yesterday. You feel its your job as moderator to protect long serving posters on here like Fishy, which is fair enough, but let me just say I haven't turned away anybody and this is as much an exaggeration if anything. Like I said to Fishy, what I've been doing is in no way different to what anyone else has been doing when they get winners, which is quoting their write up and stating that they've had a "winner" followed by a few smiley's to express their feelings. Nothing in the rules suggests you cannot do that, its not like I am spamming or making irrelevant chit-chat which belongs in a Live-Score thread. If someone can't at-least show a glimmer of emotion/joy/expression when they win or lose (yes and lose because I have highlighted when I have losers too, lets not forget that) then what is the point in even posting? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum not only here to provide formal insight but also here to provide fun?
I completely agree with celebrating a winner and bemoaning a loser. I do it myself all the time. Not a problem with that at all when the bets have been posted well in advance. What I do have a problem with is bets posted with short notice and then celebrated like you've won the world cup. That's what is getting to people. If you continue to hit winners with posted put up a couple of hours before events start, there will be no problems, I assure you. That way, people get the winners and we all make profit, and there's no reason for people to get irritated.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 I think what Atko's trying to say, is that youre a very good punter tennis-wise and its unfair of you to put up your tips so close to the event starting, obviously you dont do this on purpose and you have no obligation to post your tips anywhere but clearly you enjoy punting etc...Personally i follow most of your tips but i see that the odds i get your tip at is a lot less then what you get them at, even though we both only use Paddypower...and i like your layout tbh, its a lot clearer than most shit on the forum....happy punting people :ok

I think what Atko's trying to say' date=' is that youre a very good punter tennis-wise and its unfair of you to put up your tips so close to the event starting, obviously you dont do this on purpose and you have no obligation to post your tips anywhere but clearly you enjoy punting etc...Personally i follow most of your tips but i see that the odds i get your tip at is a lot less then what you get them at, even though we both only use Paddypower...and i like your layout tbh, its a lot clearer than most shit on the forum....happy punting people :ok[/quote'] Thanks mate :ok :tongue2 WIN. *Humble smile* :lol

Hewitt vs Seppi - Gerry Webber Open (Halle) - Hewitt 2-0 - Evens - Paddy Power - Strength 9/10 - Moderately big stakes

Straight sets @ Even money against Seppi? Seppi doesn't really have a best surface although you would say hard-court is his preferred, he's a mediocre player whatever surface he's on really anyway, the guy has no weapons aside from his at times dug-ed determination and clutch play. Not clutch play as in he plays the big points well but more that he just plays the big points solidly, he isn't phased by situations and can definitely take advantage of any player who isn't playing well on the day. Hewitt is playing well, he comprehensively dispatched with Mayer and will comprehensively dispatch with Seppi in an easy 2 set victory. Expect this to be over with in no time. Seppi's one dimensional play will be eaten up by Hewitt's variety and intelligent play on grass.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Ljubicic, despite winning the first set 6-0, lost to Stepanek so that takes me back to +4.80 points. Lleyton Hewitt vs Andreas Seppi 3pts Lleyton Hewitt to win 2-0 - 21/20 with Totesport Despite Hewitt not having played much recently i have no problems with backing him to do the business against his opponent here. Ok, maybe the stake isn't the biggest because of that recent lay-off but i am still confident he will win comfortably. Hewitt is a master on the grass, his ability to mix it up on this surface is not bettered by many on the thour when he is at his best. He showed that in his opening match when only dropping 5 games to come through easily. With Federer out, the Aussie will no doubt see this as a great chance to go far in the tournament and get in some good practice before tackling Wimbledon once again. I think Seppi is the ideal opponent for him. Seppi hasn't got any hugely effective weapons and really does struggle 9 times out of 10 to cause the top players any problems. His ability to stay in rally's due to determination may be his best feature at times but against Hewitt he will even get out-done in that department too. The Italian comes into this with not much form on the main tour so far this year and i can see him, once again, being brushed aside easily enough by one of the main contenders in this tournament.

Taken a further 3 today, considered the Simon handicap but I'm not sure how that match will play so left it alone. Rafael Nadal vs Matthew Ebden- Ebden +5.5 handicap- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (4/10)- WIN Juan Martin Del Porto vs Igor Kunitsyn- Del Porto -5.5 handicap- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10)- LOSS Xavier Malisse vs Andy Murray- Over 20.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Glad I didn't put more on Del Porto in the end, don't think the time delay or the outside court particularly helped his preparation for the match. Thankfully Ebden was good on serve, and Malisse played some good stuff after the rain delay.

I've taken three for now, probably will take more in the morning but the markets aren't available yet so we'll see. Milos Raonic vs Tobias Kamke- Raonic -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS Daniel Gimeno-Traver vs Philipp Petzschner- Petzschner -4.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Kevin Anderson vs Donald Young- Anderson -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Raonic was a game out unfortunately, in fairness Kamke served well in that one. Petzschner and Anderson won comfortably though to give me 4/6 today. Profit of +6.13 today leaving me on +22.36 after the first few days. Not bad at all, hope I can keep it going.

AEGON Championships - Anderson vs. Young - Tie Break in Match? Yes @ 2.63 (bet365) - LOSS AEGON Championships - Stepanek to beat Ljubicic @ 2.1 (bet365) - WIN
Young couldn't keep up with Anderson on serve and Stepanek recovered from a shocking first set to edge out Ljubicic. AEGON Championships - Llodra vs. Tsonga - Over 22.5 games @ 2 (Pinnacle) I reckon we'll see a pretty tight match and plenty of French flare here between two compatriots who seem to be relishing playing on the grass and have picked up convincing victories this week. Llodra's recorded two low key straight sets victories over Pospisil and Benneteau. He's a classy player with fine feel and a reliable serve which he loves to come in off who undoubtedly plays his best tennis on the fast surfaces. Tsonga wowed the centre court crowd with his usual spurts of brilliance and looked mightily impressive as he swatted aside Berrer 6-0, 6-1 in round two. He leads the head to head 3-0, two of those matches having come on speedy indoor hard surfaces, and Llodra managed keep it close on both occasions. I fully expect Tsonga to ultimately prevail again but he does still have that infamous tendency to drift in and out of matches mentally and with this in mind I think Llodra's usual solid serve volley tactics will allow him to keep it tight, and going with serve, for the majority. They've covered this total games line in both of the aforementioned indoor hard matches so this is an excellent price which I've jumped on before it comes down closer to the match.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 To kick things off for Thursday I have couple matches from Pushniacki Open. That's Caro Wozniacki's home tournament (if anyone got confused) :lol 1) Galina Voskoboeva -2.5 vs Shuai Zhang. 1.72 @ Bet365 (6/10) Voskoboeva has been crushing every player she comes up this week. The first three wins might have been nothing special but demolition of Jelena Dokic (3 and 1) speaks volumes. Zhang in horrible form and has not beaten a quality player in ages. Not this year anyway. She had a lucky draw and got Julia Boserup in the first round. That's an american youngster who I guess very few people have heard of. Zhang was all over the place in that match and had 10 break points against her. Boserup converted just one. I think today's match will be over pretty quickly and there will be one winner all the way. Handicap, unders or 2-0 for Voskoboeva - whichever you prefer, should work. For me personally, most of the time it's handicap. 2) Michaella Krajicek +3.5 vs Lucie Safarova. 1.72 @ Bet365 (5/10) Indoor hard is Safarova's favorite surface but her showing in the first match suggest she has got problems once again. She barely got past average player Konta and Krajicek will be totally different class. The Dutch player can serve which she showed in the first match against Oudin who could not return a thing and won only seven points on return, no break points. Safarova should push Krajicek a lot closer but I believe there can be an upset in this match. Interestingly enough Krajicek has won two matches out of four against Safarova and both times on hard courts, one of those was indoors. Safarova won the other two H2H matches on clay which is no surprise. In all four matches they have played has never covered this handicap line which I'm having at smaller odds for 3.5 games on Krajicek.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Fernando Verdasco vs David Nalbandian 2/5pts Fernando Verdasco to win - 6/5 with William Hill Massive value on Verdasco here in my opinion. This is the first tournament Nalbandian has played since March due to a fairly serious injury and today's match will be his 3rd in as many days. Now, despite not taking too long to win his previous 2 games he will surely not be fully fit. He has done well on grass in the past but has lost to today's opponent on the surface and his only other meeting with Verdasco was on a hard court and he lost that too. Verdasco came through against Mahut last time out and considering it was the first match on grass for him he did it well enough against an opponent who wasn't 100% fit. This will be a much tougher test but is one i think he can come through to advance into the next round. As i have said before in this thread, he hasn't had a bad couple of months so there aren't many questions over the shape his game is in at the moment. If Verdasco gets that forehand working again he could give Nalbandian the run around and, although i think the match will be a close one, i simply cannot ignore these odds for the Spaniard being victorious.

Anderson/Knowle vs Tsonga/Mahut 1 @2' date=50 Goldbet. I take the first two tennis players to play against mahut that today against verdasco had problems to a knee that influenced a lot the match.. knowle and anderson have little match together but on grass they are not badly, good service for anderson. Sorry for the mistakes of writing. I used http://www.freetranslation.com/
VOID. I think for the withdrawal of mahut that he was injured.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 I've taken two for now, probably take another look in the morning to see if anything else is about. Viktor Troicki vs Tomas Berdych- Troicki to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Taken this now and expect the price to drop on Troicki over night. Two players who are in completely different places right now. Berdych has continued his ropey performances from Paris this week, with two very sketchy performances against Bemelmans and again against Hernch today. He just looks to struggling with confidence at the minute Berdych, and tomorrow if he plays how he has been playing, Troicki will beat him no question. The Serb is high on confidence due to his recent good form, and he'll fancy his chances in this one. He has easily dispatched of Zverev and Andreev this week, and for him to be the underdog in this one is misplaced in my opinion. His serve has come on along way and Berdych won't find it easy to break him, and early on if he gets stuck in to Berdych he could well motor ahead. He beat Berdych back in 2009 in Indian Wells, and given the confidence of the two players, I'll back Troicki to get through this one. Gael Monfils vs Ivan Dodig- Over 21.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Surpised to see the odds as high as this for the overs in a match where both players can have lapses in concentration and go missing in parts. They've both got pretty big serves, so they won't find it easy to break one another so we could well see a tie break in a set which would leave the overs in good stead. Both players seem to enjoy playing lengthy matches, Dodig already went overs in his match with Riba, whilst we all know Monfils will try to entertain the crowd and whilst doing that, will just make this match go on for a bit. I don't see either player winning easily so I'll back these two to play out a tight match.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Michael Llodra vs Jo Wilfried Tsonga set betting 2-1 tsonga 11/4 skybet 3 sets 11/8 skybet two players who are similiar in style and are not familiar on this surface Janko Tipsarevic vs Andy Murray set betting 2-1 murray 10/3 skybet players that can play on grass and who are playing well

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 AEGON Championships - Anderson vs. Roddick - Over 22.5 games @ 1.91 (bet365) Very surprised to see a couple of bookies offering this total games line. Expected it to be at least a game higher. Roddick of course has plenty more to his game than just the big serve, but looking at his results over the years on grass - and particularly here at Queen's - he does tend to get sucked into stalemates with the more one dimensional big servers, and end up playing tight sets, reserving himself for the latter stages. Anderson is in decent nick and came through against Karlovic in the first round this week so he's already faced a big server and prevailed. Like Llodra in my previous tip, I feel that he'll at least be able to keep this one close. Just one previous meeting between these two which Roddick took in three but that match was on the hard courts of Brisbane in the opening week of the season so I'm not reading too much into it. Wanted to back Anderson on the +3.5 games handicap but the value's gone out of that market now so I'll gladly take this 1.91 on the overs while it's still available.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Janko Tipsarevic (+4) - Andy Murray 1.75@triobet! 6/10! Despite Murray beeing one of the best returner in the game i decided to go on serb here. This is the first official Andy's match coming from the clay court and like nadal yesterday, and andy today will have some problems i think. Tipsarevic have had a hard time yesterday vs Michael Russel, and in the 1st round he beat Blaz Kavcic, so Tipsy just found his momentum and will sure cause some problems today to the Andy. +4 on Tipsy! James Ward - Sam Querrey (-4) 1.85@triobet! 5/10! Defending champion proved that he came here with no jokes. One of the best servers in the game along with the other americans. The only thing that worries a bit that Sam hasn't improved his return game at all. But there's no doubt that he will be smashing his every single service game. The one set of 6:2 or an early break will do it. :hope Michael Llodra - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga H(-3) 1.75@triobet! 5/10! Two frenchmens collide today. Have a hard time choosing between the over and this one. and finnaly decided. The main reason is because LLodra is a very lose player, that he easily can lose in a straight sets. Both players serving well, and Llodra's tactics serve-volley will keep this game tight i think, because i don't see much break point posibilieties in Michael game today. Jo has a great first serve and if he could keep that in Llodra have no chances today. -3 looks to low to me :hope

If betting on overs/unders games in a match does a tie break (7-6) mean 13 games for that set or does it still count as 12 games ? sorry for what may be a stupid question.
It will be counted as 13 games.