** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - June 6-12

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Back from Paris. What a fantastic two weeks of tennis! :ok Back to business now... & have three WTA (of course) matches for Tuesday. 1) Sofia Arvidsson -2.5 vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Odds like these on Arvidsson make no sense whatsoever. She naturally is better on indoor surface which is her favorite without any doubts. B.Z. Strycova with no form lately and no confidence. And she has got awful H2H record agaisnt Arvidsson. The Swede has hammered her in last four matches they have played against each other and Arvidsson has not dropped a set. Two of those matches were indoors, the other two outdoors hard. Really can't see any other outcome thatn Arvidsson recording easy win. 2) Andrea Hlavackova 2bt Jill Craybas. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Odds on Craybas going up which what should have happened a lot earlier. Jill is past her best and even past her average. She might have a chance against Hlavackova on clay but don't think she can count on anything on a faster conditions on grass. Hlavackova has beaten Craybas both times they have played. One of those matches was in Januray in Sidney qualies, Hlavackova won that one in three sets which might be the outcome today as well. 3) Christina McHale +3 vs Anastasia Rodionova. 1.99 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Gonna be a bit biased here as McHale is one of my faves but I really do believe that she's got a decent chance to win against mentally vulnerable player like Rodionova. McHale comes here on the back of a Challenger tournament win on clay. The only worry would be fitness but I think one match should do her no harm. She beat Rodionova last year in Tokyo (qualifying rounds) in very close three set match and as far as the match-up is concerned, she's good to go. She's got very good defense and that should do the job for her against a player who can struggle a lot if forced to play extra shots. Not sure about a win for McHale but 3 games spread looks good in a three set scenario which looks very realistic.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Anastasija Sevastova - Simona Halep Selection Sevastova Strength 6/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.73 Reasoning Halep is basically a clay court player. On that type of court she won the Roland Garros Juniors title. On Hard she hasn't found much succes. Her type of game is based more on keeping things tight, more often looking to make her opponent's error. Sevastova is the opposite. She is a power type of player, likes to hit the ball with pure strength and to run her opponents off court. Hard courts definetly suit her best, and so far this season only top players were able to beat her on this type of court. while against lower class opponents more or less suited for this type of court she has a 100% record. Halep didn't find much succes on Clay, Sevastova was even poorer, the H2H is 2-0 for her. The Latvian won 2-0 on Hard and 2-1 on Clay against Simona. Unless Anastasija has a really poor day, we should see another win from her.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

SportTennis
EventBroady v Garcia
SelectionGarcia
Strength10/10
Date07/06/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.53
ReasoningYoung Garcia is class, but can she play on grass? I've got no idea, she's only played 1 match on it losing 1st round of junior Wimbledon last year. But, she's a far better player than Broady if she can adapt she surely takes this. Broady has always been average, has attitude and disipline problems. She did well enough coming through qualifying here, but I can't get away from this price on Garcia.

After a little while I decided to post one high-stake bet on PL as well. Won't post it at my site' date=' just here this time. For those who don't know me. I'm [b']Black-Shadow there. Kurumi Nara-Zuzana Kucova Nara is having a horrible season, she is a very inexperienced player that doesn't do too well on indoor hard. On the other hand, Kucova has always had good potential but failed to take an advantage of it. Had some injuries in the past, but now she is fit and according to the statements I've read by her recently, she is willing to get far in this tournament and even try to give a hard time to Wozniacki. She feels good on this surface and recorded some decent wins there. She can serve well at times, and I that is always very vital in women's tennis. Nara is just a total UE machine and those who have seen it will know what I am talking about. The rhythm of the match will be too much for Nara as Kucova is really versed as I said and will know how to give a hard time to the Japanese. This might be the last chance for Zuzana to prove she is worth the money invested in her over the years. The bookies set Nara as a small favorite here but normally Kucova should be the better player on this surface and I don't give the Japanese a chance to do anything here. One of the reasons might be a bit of a dip in form for Kucova, but anyway I still trust her and I'll go big on Kucova to win, possibly in straight sets as well. Nara-Kucova Pick: 2 Odds: 2.09 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 Good luck.
Cheers mate, never looked like losing :cheers

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 AEGON Championships - Anderson +2.5 vs. Karlovic @ 1.83 (bet365) Considering the immense serving power of these two players, I feel this match is bound to be a close one. Karlovic is the rightful favourite as a vastly experienced grass court player, but Anderson is by no means a stranger to the grass, having knocked out another big server in the shape of Dent in the first round here last year, and also given Davydenko a run for his money in the first round at Wimbledon before bowing out in five. Centre court seemed to be playing reasonably fast today and if conditions are similar tomorrow this will strengthen the likelihood of a big-serving stalemate here, and we all know what that means - tiebreaks. I'm very surprised to see bet365 set their game handicap line at 2.5 for this match (10bet much more sensibly go 1.5), and feel the 1.83 offered about Anderson covering it is sure to come down as the match approaches.

Back from Paris. What a fantastic two weeks of tennis! :ok Back to business now... & have three WTA (of course) matches for Tuesday. 1) Sofia Arvidsson -2.5 vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (7/10) 2) Andrea Hlavackova 2bt Jill Craybas. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) 3) Christina McHale +3 vs Anastasia Rodionova. 1.99 @ Pinnacle (4/10)
Great to have you back Psycho, gonna follow you on these.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 4 for me tomorrow for the men, haven't bothered looking at the women's matches so I'll leave those down to Pyscho. Milos Raonic vs Pablo Andujar- Raonic -4.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) I secretly fancy Raonic to have a good grass season now the clay stuff is over and done with and we'll see once more how effective his serve is. The quicker surfaces really benefit the Canadian's game, with his big serve and huge forehand he is arguably the hardest guy to break serve off of in the game on the quicker surfaces. On the hard courts earlier in the year, he beat the likes of Fish, Verdasco and Youzhny, all accomplished top 20 players showing what a promising player Raonic is. Andujar is the typical clay court player, who prefers the slower courts and longer rallies, everything that won't happen tomorrow. He hasn't played on grass for a couple of years now and my guess is he's only playing here to pick up some cash before he goes back to his beloved clay. He'll struggle to do anything on Raonic's serve, and on his own, Raonic should be able to get a read on it and break a couple of times with his huge hitting. Only thing that is a slight worry is Raonic's back problem which he picked up a few weeks ago but he's had enough time to recover and I'll back him to do the job of the handicap in this one. Viktor Troicki vs Mischa Zverev- Troicki -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Do like the Serb in this one and he'll have recovered from that marathon match against Murray to be ready to go in this one. He didn't have a great grass season last year but he's improved his game considerably since then, and he should fare rather better this year. He already showed this year what he can do on the quicker surfaces, making a quarter, semi and final appearence on the hard courts, and what I like most about Troicki these days is his serve is extremely effective and alot of players really struggle to get a consistent read on it which will benefit the Serb on the grass courts. Zverev had a really poor end to the clay season, losing in a couple of challengers, and being beaten in the first round in Paris. He can produce some good result on odd ocassions the German, but I don't see him keeping up with Troicki's game and I fancy Troicki to win this quite comfortably in the end. Radek Stepanek vs Go Soeda- Stepanek -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Decent price on Stepanek here and although I'm not his biggest fan, on the quicker courts despite his age, he can still produce at a pretty high level and he should be too much for Soeda here. Stepanek has already got to an ATP semi this year, back in Brisbane, and has been competitive against the likes of Soderling and Federer. Soeda on the other hand has only made 2 ATP proper draws, getting knocked out in the early stages of both. He is predominantly a challenger player who when faced against regular ATP opponents, struggles to get any kind of result against them. This should be the case tomorrow and despite Stepanek missing the grass season last year, he's wily enough to adjust reasonably quickly and the 5 game handicap is achievable for him I feel. Xavier Malisse vs Matthias Bachinger- Malisse -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Last one I fancy is Malisse to get the job done over his German opponent who despite having some grass practice last week in Nottingham, is a class below Malisse. Clay has never been Malisse's best surface so I'm presuming he'll be glad to return to the quicker courts of grass, where he had quite a lot of success on last year. Made the quarters at Queen's last year, and then a semi appearence in Holland, before losing narrowly to Sam Querrey in the third round at Wimbledon. It's his results on grass and the hard courts where he gets his main ranking points so he'll be wanting to match, if not better last year's grass results to maintain those points so he should be up for tomorrow and this week in general. Bachinger, similiar to Soeda actually rarely plays anything to a higher standard than challenger events so he'll have to raise his game from last week where he lost in the final in Nottingham. Malisse will be a step up in class from anyone he faced there and although Malisse is the kind of guy who will take a bit of time to settle into a rhythm on the grass, I fancy him to have one set where he dominates which should see the handicap through in this one.

Halle Tournament

Federer to win tournament outright - 8/11 - RIDICULOUSLY HIGH STAKES - PADDY POWER

Can't see the man losing a match in this tournament with neither, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in the draw and even with them I'd feel fairly confident. He's been serving consistent bombs all second week in France and those serves would prove even more devastating on the green stuff. His volleying, drop-shots and forehand are also in fine nick and whilst he is always susceptible to patchy periods during matches in which he makes heaps of unforced errors, I don't see anyone in the draw even near good enough on the surface to capitalize and punish him for them.

That's going to sting ... :eyes

SportTennis
EventRoddick v Lopez
SelectionLopez
Strength10/10
Date07/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.50
ReasoningStand out price from Ladbrokes, and it definately seems worth taking. Roddick has been struggling with shoulder problems, hasn't played since Rome and hasn't won a match since Indian Wells in the early part of March. Of course he's good at grass and has an excellent record on grass, but this is a very tough opener. Lopez is in good form, he was even good on the clay. Yesterday he looked pretty sharp against Tursunov and he'll cause Roddick a lot of problems today.

SportTennis
EventRoddick v Lopez
SelectionLopez
Strength10/10
Date07/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.50
ReasoningStand out price from Ladbrokes, and it definately seems worth taking. Roddick has been struggling with shoulder problems, hasn't played since Rome and hasn't won a match since Indian Wells in the early part of March. Of course he's good at grass and has an excellent record on grass, but this is a very tough opener. Lopez is in good form, he was even good on the clay. Yesterday he looked pretty sharp against Tursunov and he'll cause Roddick a lot of problems today.
Lopez was crap yesteray against Tursunov. The only thing that was running good was his service on the left side, serving to the outside. His forehand wasn't there at all. Have to admit he looked pretty good on clay if you look at his capacities. At these odds no bet. Expect Roddick to win but would have only taken him from say odds like 1.80 because he has no form or rythme whatsoever. Best bet on this match would be taken the over iyam.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Sport Tennis Event Raul Bemelmans - Tomas Berdych Selection Raul Bemelmans(+5.5)game handicap (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72 Reasoning Well Berdych was a total dissapointment on Clay. He managed to lose in the 1st round against Stephane Robert at Roland Garros, and this season pretty much has been a dissapointment from him as he didn't even reach one Final. Now grass season comes up, and I really doubt he can make the final at Wimbledon like last year. His opponent today is Raul Bemelmans from Belgium. He is having an ok season by his standards. Already warmed up on grass having played 5 matches. He is an attacking minded player. I saw his Davis Cup match against Rafael Nadal earlier this year, and he does have potential. Anyways, I can't trust Berdych with such a big handicap. Bemelmans can keep tight and win us this bet. 6-3 6-4 would be enough. Sport Tennis Event Sam Querrey - Rainer Schuettler Selection Rainer Schuettler(+3.5) game handicap (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.01 Reasoning Querrey failed to impress me yesterday in his win against Nishikori. Truth is the Japanese player made many mistakes, and Querrey was simply pacient enough to capitalize on them. The serve for the American worked decent, but he is not at the same level as last year when he won this tournament. Querrey is having also a rather poor start of the season, nothing really seemed to go his way. Veteran Schuettler is like a fish in water here on grass. I expected him to have a bit of work to do against Bobby Reynolds in the 1st round, especially considering the fact that the American had already played 5 matches on grass this season, with wins over Karol Beck and Alex Bogdanovic. But Schuettler didn't even sweat as he won 6-1 6-1. Last year, when Querrey was in excellent form and won this tournament these 2 players met, and Schuettler took the 1st set only to lose in 3. So now when Querrey is at a lower level, I expect the German to cover the handicap at the very least. Sport Tennis Event Feliciano Lopez - Andy Roddick Selection over 22.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.61 Reasoning I really liked the way Feliciano Lopez played yesterday against Tursunov. His serves were wicked, a lot of spin on them and he was extremelly efficient with it. He is also a very gifted player, and while Tursunov had the power shots, Lopez had the little flicks in key moments of the game. I remember last year when Lopez defeated Nadal in straight sets here. Roddick hasn't played for over a month. His big serve should help him a lot in keeping his serve. In baseline rallies however I do think that Lopez has the upper hand. His attacks are spot on, and his play at the net is also good. All in all a balanced game. I figured a tie-break, and a 6-4 minimum would be enough for 23 games in this match. Sport Tennis Event Denis Gremelmayer - Michael Russell Selection Russell Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.57 Reasoning Michael Russell is having a good season by his standards. Like all Americans he enjoys playing on fast courts. He is an attacking type of player, he doesn't like to sit back and wait for the opponent to make a mistake, and such an attitude is needed to win matches on grass. Gremelmayer is in a clear downtrend. Once ranked 59 in the world, he is now 113. Since the beggining of February he has only played in low level Clay tournaments, without much succes. He never really had much succes on grass, altough in a good day he could put in a solid performance. Russell is in the better form, and is more complete for playing on grass. He should win. Sport Tennis Event Michael Berrer - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Selection Berrer(+4.5)game handicap (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83 Reasoning Initially I wanted to take Tsonga to cover the handicap as he has all the physical attributes to do well on grass. Big serve, powerfull shots. But after I did a quick match I realised I had more chances of losing than winning. Germans have always been very good performers on grass. Fast courts definetly suit their style of play better. Big hitting as well. In the 1st round I had doubts if Berrer could get by Ryan Harrison, who is a very promising youngster and rather uncomfortable guy to play against on fast courts. But Berrer did okay, he took the 1st set 7-6, lost the 2nd 2-6 while winning in the decisive 7-5. Now I know that Tsonga is a very big favorite to win this match here. But this isn't WTA in which we see a ton of breaks. Berrer can keep it tight and cover the handicap even if he losses in straight sets.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Del Potro vs Istomin: Over 21.5 games @2.160 Pinnacle Odds like these on the over make no sense whatsoever. Del Potro is huge server, and so is Denis that has shown some good result on grass last year. Grass is definitely Del Potro's worst surface, and I really can't see him to beat Istomin in two straight sets.

4 for me tomorrow for the men, haven't bothered looking at the women's matches so I'll leave those down to Pyscho. Milos Raonic vs Pablo Andujar- Raonic -4.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN Viktor Troicki vs Mischa Zverev- Troicki -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Radek Stepanek vs Go Soeda- Stepanek -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Xavier Malisse vs Matthias Bachinger- Malisse -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Good day with all 4 comfortable winners, although must confess I lost 3 units in the tie break between Roddick and Lopez. Backed over 11.5 points but Lopez decided to not get his first serves in and that was curtains for that. Annoying how he's serving aces for fun now in the second set :lol. Anyways with the results today, gives me +12.63, that put with the Llodra unders yesterday brings me to +15.83 overall. Hope I continue in that manner and don't repeat what I did last week at the French Open.

Sport Tennis Event Feliciano Lopez - Andy Roddick Selection over 22.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.61 Reasoning I really liked the way Feliciano Lopez played yesterday against Tursunov. His serves were wicked, a lot of spin on them and he was extremelly efficient with it. He is also a very gifted player, and while Tursunov had the power shots, Lopez had the little flicks in key moments of the game. I remember last year when Lopez defeated Nadal in straight sets here. Roddick hasn't played for over a month. His big serve should help him a lot in keeping his serve. In baseline rallies however I do think that Lopez has the upper hand. His attacks are spot on, and his play at the net is also good. All in all a balanced game. I figured a tie-break, and a 6-4 minimum would be enough for 23 games in this match.
Nice win, I took your advice on this one! :clap

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 May take one or two more as well but another quick one for me. Fernando Verdasco vs Nicolas Mahut- Mahut to win- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Price is a little higher than most bookies are offering so I'll take a punt on the Frenchman here. Grass is where he plays his best tennis and over the next few weeks he'll be looking to pick up a fair amount of ranking points so he should right up for today. He beat Oli Golding in the first round which despite his inexperiences, is never an easy match, playing the home favourite in the first round. However he served well and never really looked out of his comfort zone. I'm still not 100% over Verdasco to what kind of mindset he is in at the minute. He looked to have got over that blip in form he suffered from a month or so back where he looked extremely poor, but he's got no points to defend on the grass, so if Mahut can get stuck in, he could well cause an upset in this one. If the Frenchman keeps his serve percentage up, he could make this an extremely tight affair, with a tie break or two, and Verdasco may well get frustrated as we've seen him do against Raonic earlier in the year. Backing the Frenchman in this one.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Fernando Verdasco vs Nicolas Mahut 4/5pts Fernando Verdasco to win - 4/5 with Boylesports I am very happy to oppose Mahut here at what i think is a nice price, despite it being odds on. Mahut has done well at this tournament in the past and has proved he can play ok on grass in plenty of matches. However, i do have a big question mark over his ability to step up against the higher seeds. He swept aside his opponent yesterday fairly comfortably but the standard was nowhere near what he is coming up against here. He has lost against the likes of Anderson, Beck, Falla, Troicki already this season after doing well against lesser opponents and i think that trend will continue today. Verdasco hasn't had a bad year so far in my opinion and should come into this in good confidence after a couple of wins at Roland Garros before being beaten by an inspired Ivan Ljubicic. Having Mahut to face should suit him down to the ground as i think he will be able to control the match easily enough with the spin he can generate off that monster forehand of his. I was tempted to go in with maximum stakes for this selection but the fact it is so soon after the clay tournaments have finished is enough to make me knock it down a point.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Haha I really dislike going against others on the forum as in an ideal world, all of us would have winners 100% of the time and hammer the bookies with every bet taken, but one of those things in this one. Think we'll know who's going to win it from the first few games or so. If Mahut doesn't serve well it's Verdasco's, but if he does, frustration could lose the Spaniard the match. Going to have to wait a while though due to this boring match with Roddick and Lopez. Lucky there will be a tie break otherwise Mahut and Isner's record could be in danger.

Halle - Gerry Weber Tournament Raonic vs Andujar - Raonic 2-0 in sets - 8/11 - Medium stakes - Paddy Power

Raonic has one of the BIGGEST serves in the game and a pretty solid volley to back it up on, whilst his baseline game isn't as accomplished as his opponents he still has the ability to strike flat out baseline winners. Andujar has had a tiresome clay court season, hindered a bit by injury, he isn't renownd for being particularly good on grass.

Another WIN :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

thanks. I took Roddick in-play as well... but Lopez almost gave me a heart-attack' date=' 34 aces, mama-mia :eek[/quote'] Lol yeah, it was too close to call for me that one but well done and keep up the good work! :ok

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 That's good that Betfair did so, because here's the answer I got from Bet365 when I contacted them: "The bet will be settled as a losing bet. As all ante-post betting is settled on if the player plays or not. However on certain occasions we may look to void bets as a gesture of goodwill." I didn't back Federer to win but I'm sure plenty of people did. I hope they extend this offer of goodwill to SYMIL and other punters who took the bet ...