Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - June 6-12

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Haha I really dislike going against others on the forum as in an ideal world, all of us would have winners 100% of the time and hammer the bookies with every bet taken, but one of those things in this one. Think we'll know who's going to win it from the first few games or so. If Mahut doesn't serve well it's Verdasco's, but if he does, frustration could lose the Spaniard the match. Going to have to wait a while though due to this boring match with Roddick and Lopez. Lucky there will be a tie break otherwise Mahut and Isner's record could be in danger.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12

Halle - Gerry Weber Tournament Raonic vs Andujar - Raonic 2-0 in sets - 8/11 - Medium stakes - Paddy Power

Raonic has one of the BIGGEST serves in the game and a pretty solid volley to back it up on, whilst his baseline game isn't as accomplished as his opponents he still has the ability to strike flat out baseline winners. Andujar has had a tiresome clay court season, hindered a bit by injury, he isn't renownd for being particularly good on grass.

Another WIN :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Nice win' date=' I took your advice on this one! :clap[/quote'] thanks. I took Roddick in-play as well... but Lopez almost gave me a heart-attack, 34 aces, mama-mia :eek

thanks. I took Roddick in-play as well... but Lopez almost gave me a heart-attack' date=' 34 aces, mama-mia :eek[/quote'] Lol yeah, it was too close to call for me that one but well done and keep up the good work! :ok

You won't get money back' date=' it'll be all-in, usually the way they do it.[/quote'] Well i bet £150 on betfair and they refunded me! I then promptly backed Italy DNB against Rep of Ireland @1.32

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 That's good that Betfair did so, because here's the answer I got from Bet365 when I contacted them: "The bet will be settled as a losing bet. As all ante-post betting is settled on if the player plays or not. However on certain occasions we may look to void bets as a gesture of goodwill." I didn't back Federer to win but I'm sure plenty of people did. I hope they extend this offer of goodwill to SYMIL and other punters who took the bet ...

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 1) Sofia Arvidsson -2.5 vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (7/10) LOSS 2) Andrea Hlavackova 2bt Jill Craybas. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN 3) Christina McHale +3 vs Anastasia Rodionova. 1.99 @ Pinnacle (4/10) WIN 2/3 for today. Unfortunately Arvidsson did not show. Around 40 unforced errors in two short sets tells the story.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Mahut looks gone to be honest, injury problems with him which is f*cking frustrating to say the least, only hope is Verdasco beats himself. Have taken a final one today, backing another Frenchman, not to be advised. Michael Berrer vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Berrer has only played two matches in total on grass over the past couple of years, losing both and although the majority of the match may be tight, I do expect Tsonga to motor in parts and show his quality. He's a player I like on the quicker surfaces, with his big serve and all round complete game. Only thing that worries me with the Frenchman is his fitness and attitude at times, but he won't have to do a load of running in this one and he'll want a few wins this week to give him some form going into Wimbledon, after losing that epic with Wawrinka in Paris. If his serve is what it can be, Berrer shouldn't be able to do much on it and depending on who serves, one break a set could be enough for the handicap but I expect Tsonga to be solid in this one.

Another WIN :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
Just a quick word on your write ups. Not sure if it's just me or others feel the same but the fact you do your tips in huge bold lettering, then once they come through putting some eccentric quote up about how you won is starting to annoy me. It you're doing it for recognition, then maybe go about your business quietly then people may start to appreciate your input more. But what you do at the minute is just plain annoying and slightly desperate. You don't see others on the site do it, and your tips are no more important than any others. Remember that please.

May take one or two more as well but another quick one for me. Fernando Verdasco vs Nicolas Mahut- Mahut to win- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (4/10)- LOSS
Shame that Mahut was struggling with injury. Saw glimpses at the start that he could trouble Verdasco but the injury certainly hamprered him.

Mahut looks gone to be honest, injury problems with him which is f*cking frustrating to say the least, only hope is Verdasco beats himself. Have taken a final one today, backing another Frenchman, not to be advised. Michael Berrer vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga- Tsonga -4.5 handicap- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Really didn't expect it to be as comfortable as that but makes up for the Mahut loss anyway which helped a few others in the forum which is a positive to xome out of it ;). Good day on the whole though and gives me a start of +16.23 for the week and hopefully I can build on that this week.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 WTA Birmingham Sarah Gronet to bt Alison Riske @3.530 Pinacle Riske is last year semifinalist, OK, but she struggled in round 1 against Ursula Radwanska despite being a favourite. Gronet rolled through qualies here and caused big upset in round 1 by sending packing Bojana Jovanovski. Sarah produced 12 aces, and her 1st serve points won percentage was 79% (though she was slightly below 1/2 with 1st serve in). I would say that the aggresive play from Sarah will cause troubles for Alison. So far there are no lines for this match except ML on Pinnacle. I shall consider to add a plus handicap later.

Just a quick word on your write ups. Not sure if it's just me or others feel the same but the fact you do your tips in huge bold lettering' date=' then once they come through putting some eccentric quote up about how you won is starting to annoy me. It you're doing it for recognition, then maybe go about your business quietly then people may start to appreciate your input more. But what you do at the minute is just plain annoying and slightly desperate. You don't see others on the site do it, and your tips are no more important than any others. Remember that please.[/quote'] Listen mate, I don't give 2 shi*s what you have to say, I have done nothing in any way that isn't permitted by the forum's rules and regulations. Whether I bold my letters or not it shouldn't bother you and the fact that it does, is not my concern. I'm neither looking for recognition or approval, I simply have my own unorthodox style of posting tips. I am doing nothing different from you in posting tips and then quoting them post the result. If it bugs you I would suggest you use the "ignore" feature using the forum's settings. :ok

You won't get money back' date=' it'll be all-in, usually the way they do it.[/quote'] Thankfully I did, I had to contact them though of-course, LiveChat. They gave me all that goodwill gesture and all mumbo jumbo after I played on that "I am a loyal punter" stuff :rollin

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Has anyone had any problems with the ATP website recently? Whenever i go onto it the page is all over the place as the graphics aren't shown so it's just worded links listed down the side :unsure

Has anyone had any problems with the ATP website recently? Whenever i go onto it the page is all over the place as the graphics aren't shown so it's just worded links listed down the side :unsure
I have had the same issues all week. Quite annoying because the website is a bible for figuring out some good bets.

Thanks fishy lost with your other tip but made money back and small profit with tsonga.:ok that seemed to easy.
No probs mate, glad you made a little profit out of it. Was frustrating with Mahut due to him having an injury but Tsonga made up for it.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 heather watson to beat misaki doi at 4-6 with boylesports 3 points! very surprised with this price....i think it might even be a mistake! class difference here...watson is a confident ballsy up-and -coming brit.....she's a class above doi who while appears to have found form of late shouldnt be good enough to beat watson on her favourite surface in front of her hoem crowd whilst being full of confidence after her second round showing at the french after qualifiers! the watson forehand to reak havoc and doi to break down under pressure as watson moves her around the court.

Re: Tennis - June 6-12 Few odds up as yet for Wednesday, so having just one thus far. Sabine Lisicki -2.5 vs Kirsten Flipkens. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Lisicki with her usual struggles and double faults in the first round against Krumm. The Japanese veteran is very crafty player which can not be said about Flipkens. She can play some tennis on grass but I expect her to have problems against Lisicki. She had yet another horrible injury in Paris but she is coming back once again and has got fantastic memories about playing on grass. She made Wimbledon quarters couple years ago. She definitely will get past Flipkens today and 2.5 games is really not that much to cover. Can't see two tie-breaks here, so even 6-4, 7-6 will do the job. Lisicki crushed Flipkens 2 and 2 on clay two years ago, should be a bit closer on grass but still a win for the German player.