Tennis - The French Open

Re: Tennis - The French Open

First post on Punters Lounge guys,I'm a fulltime punter and have made a profit consistently over past 3 years.I have looked at some of the posts here and no offence but some of the tips are beyond belief,time to put my money where my mouth is and get u guys turning profit! Monfils v Federer number of sets over 3.5 @ 1.90 Bet365 Monfils in front of his home fans,covers the court as well as anyone and has a fantastic return.The type of opponent who can trouble Federer and excellent price
How modest of you.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on Punters Lounge guys,I'm a fulltime punter and have made a profit consistently over past 3 years.I have looked at some of the posts here and no offence but some of the tips are beyond belief,time to put my money where my mouth is and get u guys turning profit! Monfils v Federer number of sets over 3.5 @ 1.90 Bet365 Monfils in front of his home fans,covers the court as well as anyone and has a fantastic return.The type of opponent who can trouble Federer and excellent price
:welcome to PL mate, hope you˝ll find anything you need in here. :ok best of luck with your bets in future. :)

So which tips and posters are 'beyond belief' then? Nice way to introduce yourself to the locals ...
Yea probably not the wisest of words and no offence meant to be caused.:\ However,I have been looking in over the past 3 or 4 days and they have not been great.In fact I saw one guy give 6 tips and 5 of them lost! There's another one from last nite at the top of this page where he's given 5 tips for today,which are pretty much the opposite of what's gonna happen

Yea probably not the wisest of words and no offence meant to be caused.:\ However,I have been looking in over the past 3 or 4 days and they have not been great.In fact I saw one guy give 6 tips and 5 of them lost! There's another one from last nite at the top of this page where he's given 5 tips for today,which are pretty much the opposite of what's gonna happen
Professional punter as well as psychic? Look forward to seeing a 100% record from you then.

You get some good tips and some bad tips. That's just the nature of the beast. Trick for readers and contributors is to suss them out. I think, whatever happens though, a modicum of respect should be afforded to anyone who posts their advice here. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I look forward to reading more posts from you. Fingers crossed for a successful day :ok

Just a quick in play for me. Murray to win- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (5/10)- WIN
Got there in the end. Finally puts me back in the green with an overall of +0.64. Hopefully the last couple of days will be round the week of nicely.

You get some good tips and some bad tips. That's just the nature of the beast. Trick for readers and contributors is to suss them out. I think, whatever happens though, a modicum of respect should be afforded to anyone who posts their advice here. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I look forward to reading more posts from you. Fingers crossed for a successful day :ok
Absolutely and as I said no offence meant to be caused and if my tips dont give a decent size return in next fortnite u all have permission to give me some stick:)

Re: Tennis - The French Open Don't normally post in here but thought I would on this occasion.. I had a 10 pt bet on Schiavone to beat Pavlyuchenkova today - I've just finished watching it and I think I'm going to be sick! :puke Definately one of the greatest games of women's tennis I've ever seen - anyone who watched it would agree. Pavlyuchenkova dominated the first set 6-1 and was up 3-0 in the 2nd set. At one point in play, Pavlyuchenkova was priced at 1.04 and Schiavone at 12.00 :loon Schiavone hit back and got two breaks and went on to win the 2nd set. She was priced at 1.20 in play going in to the 3rd set and Pavlyuchenkova at 15.00! Schiavone started the 3rd set and dominated...she broke Pavlyuchenkova's serve TWICE in a row and was 5-1 up. At this point, Schiavone was priced at 1.00 in play and Pavlyuchenkova at 29.00 :loon:loon Then it got ridiculous and I started getting nautious....Pavlyuchenkova went on to win the next FOUR games, breaking Schiavone's serve TWICE. Schiavone won a very tight last two games to finally win it, but damn that is one of the most closely run and nervewracking matches I've ever seen. 1.00 in play vs 29.00 and back down to 2.00 or thereabouts for each player near enough :loon Happy with the final result though :clap 6-1/5-7/5-7

Hhahahahaha. At least for my layout, it's Atko at the top of the respective page :-) But to speak more seriously, 1) being 1-6 down is nothing unusual. 2) a punter often does not post ALL bets he plays - at least as far as I am concerned, I post only tips that have not already been presented by anyone else. 3) The tips are not meant to be blindly followed. They are jus the source of the idea, and it is entierly upon you whether to follow or not. Being seen from this point of view, a punter that is 1-8 down, but his 1 winning ORIGINAL bet being the one you could agree with, while the remaining 8 lost are clearly to be dismissed, is more valuable than a punter that is 4-4, but just copies and paste the bets from the other sites.

Pretty certain that was me :sad I've had a nightmare in the last few days of the French Open and I'm well down (backed my own tips :wall ) In my defence, a lot of them were marginal calls that could have gone either way. Obviously that means it's a bet that probably shouldn't have been made and perhaps my uselessness will serve as a lesson to other punters! Hindisght is 20-20 though. I'll maybe be back later in the week to try and salvage my credibility but I think for the time being, it's just observing and thinking for me. I'll be keeping an eye on your tips (and reasoning) as then maybe I can pick up a few pointers to see where I'm going wrong.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Guys need bit of advice cos its a lay situation and i am prone to messing these up.. Got azarenka/sharapova/bartoli to win outright so need to get rid of some but dont know what or when? People on here talk about azarenka choking and retiring but i havent seen this do u think she will beat Li? Thinking to leave sharapova as im confident about her Also federer/murray/djokovic which im thinking to get rid of murray after chela and federer /djo leave as im sure djokovic will pull through but fed playing pretty good..now im thinking djokovic will be too strong so maybe get rid of federer one? Opinions pls esp on women ones as theres few guys who have good posts on them.. Thanks

(1/10) Bopanna/Qureshi to beat Bryan/Bryan @ 3.81 with Pinnacle No way this price should be this big. The Bryans are not at their best and they are winning matches with problems. B/Q are solid team and they should stay well in this. They can certainly get to the tie-breaks at least and then it's anyone's guess really, so 3.81 is not justified in my opinion.
Absolutely brilliant tip, I know its still early stages but during the first set I took them on a 3.5+ games handicap 10/11 moderately big stake and am overjoyed now. You were spot on, I have NEVER seen the Bryans play this bad. Also took them @ 2/1 to sneak a 2-0 victory, small stakes, thanks a lot bro.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Hi everybody. First of all thank you to all tipsters of the tennis forum. You are good. :clap Second, concerning SYMIL, i think you are being a little boaster with your posts, you want that all of us know that you always win. Relax, NOBODY wins always. From now on, i will try to write some picks from my points of view. GL to everybody. :ok

Hi everybody. First of all thank you to all tipsters of the tennis forum. You are good. :clap Second, concerning SYMIL, i think you are being a little boaster with your posts, you want that all of us know that you always win. Relax, NOBODY wins always. From now on, i will try to write some picks from my points of view. GL to everybody. :ok
Eh? When have I been boasting? Chill out for crying out loud, I think you need to relax yourself, I was MERELY thanking a poster for a tip. Get out of here with your whining. :eyes

Re: Tennis - The French Open I don't get why some guys are being so hostile with 'SayYesMoreInLife'. I've been reading this thread since the first post, and I don't see anything wrong with his posts. Actually, I think he's keeping this thread alive. Everyone still has the option to ignore his posts though ... Chill.

I don't get why some guys are being so hostile with 'SayYesMoreInLife'. I've been reading this thread since the first post, and I don't see anything wrong with his posts. Actually, I think he's keeping this thread alive. Everyone still has the option to ignore his posts though ... Chill.
Exactly and thank you, a lot of posters in here seem to feel their needs to be a sort of formal and diplomatic normality to the way people express themselves in this thread for some reason. I give my tips with a human down to earth side, thats just me, I show emotion in the tips I give.

Absolutely brilliant tip, I know its still early stages but during the first set I took them on a 3.5+ games handicap 10/11 moderately big stake and am overjoyed now. You were spot on, I have NEVER seen the Bryans play this bad. Also took them @ 2/1 to sneak a 2-0 victory, small stakes, thanks a lot bro.
Again examples of you posting what you have bet previously. It's absolutely pointless posting these as nobody has had the chance to follow. I don't post much here but enjoy reading people's tips, not people going on about what they have bet. Sorry if I am reiterating what Atko posted, it's just frustrating to see.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Nadal vs Soderling - Nadal to win over 19.5 games - 8/11 - Strength 9/10 - Medium stakes - Paddy Power Pretty nailed on bet for me, whilst I fully expect Nadal to win this I don't expect him to swamp Soderling and for many reasons. Soderling has proved he loves this surface and has shown glimpses of his 2009 and 2010 French Open form on the lead up to the Quarters. Nadal meanwhile has been iffy, perhaps not as iffy as some would like to suggest but iffy none-the-less, the thing that has been seeing him through matches has been clutch play. He struggled against Isner who has a consistently big serve, much like Soderling and Nadal's tenacity saw him home in that one, Soderling has 80% of Isner's serve and a better ground game. Soderling showed real signs of nerves in the 3rd set against Simon, bloody bizarre but I have a theory as to why, he can't handle being the favorite with the combination of him being streaks ahead, he doesn't deal too well with others expectation of himself, whether thats down to him being a well known introvert, I have no idea. So while I believe Soderling does stand a chance of victory, I can very well see him crumbling under pressure if 2 sets to love up, blowing break point chances and gifting Rafa a set, which would in turn pretty much guarantee, Rafa wins atleast 20 games. Conversely if Rafa's the one on top, I can see Soderling letting go and raising his game to new heights whilst the pressure's off. Nadal has highlighted he's felt nerves and isn't playing well, I somewhat disagree with the second statement, he has been playing well, but only in spurts, against Ljubicic he was very much up and down. Rafa's playing well spurts would not last as long as 3 sets against Soderling, not at this present moment. I also expect atleast one tie-break as their inevitably is between these two in many matches gone by. Jun 20 2010 Wimbledon GS (GBR) Grass, QF (2)Nadal(1,4.53) d (6)Soderling(6,4.85) 3-6 6-3 7-6(4) 6-1 $1.752 May 23 2010 French Open GS (FRA) Clay, F (2)Nadal(2,5.92) d (5)Soderling(7,4.76) 6-4 6-2 6-4 Dec 31 2009 Abu Dhabi ATP Exh (UAE) Hard Court, F Nadal(2,3.93) d Soderling(8,4.56) 7-6(2) 6-4 Nov 22 2009 London TMC (GBR) Indoor Hard, RR Soderling(9,4.44) d Nadal(2,3.91) 6-4 6-4 May 24 2009 French Open GS (FRA) Clay, R16 (23)Soderling(25,3.66) d (1)Nadal(1,6.54) 6-2 6-7(2) 6-4 7-6(2) Apr 27 2009 Rome TMS (ITA) Clay, R16 (1)Nadal(1,6.36) d Soderling(27,3.66) 6-1 6-0 Jun 25 2007 Wimbledon GS (GBR) Grass, R32 (2)Nadal(2,4.39) d (28)Soderling(28,3.50) 6-4 6-4 6-7(7) 4-6 7-5 May 29 2006 French Open GS (FRA) Clay, R128 (2)Nadal(2,5.01) d Soderling(50,2.05) 6-2 7-5 6-1

Again examples of you posting what you have bet previously. It's absolutely pointless posting these as nobody has had the chance to follow. I don't post much here but enjoy reading people's tips, not people going on about what they have bet. Sorry if I am reiterating what Atko posted, it's just frustrating to see.
I was posting my FOLLOW from CezchPunter's tip, so you have no argument there. :ok

Re: Tennis - The French Open Andy Murray v Juan-Ignacio Chela Murray owns Chela as his head to head record is outstanding being unbeaten in his last 6 matches and dropping only 1 set against the Argentinian. Murray has only ever lost once to Chela when he was just 18 years old. Murray beat Chela in the 2009 and 2010 French Open at earlier stages but did drop one set on a tie-break against him. Chela has over achieved by getting to this stage where he has been helped by a favourable draw in which he struggled past players outside the top 100 in Falla and Rosol. Murray got off to a bad start against Troicki but this was down to mental issues to do with his ankle injury. He came through that looking strong and can see him brushing aside Chela who is a much easier opponent than Troicki. Murray to win 3-0 - 8/11 (Bet 365)

Re: Tennis - The French Open Oh Hi everyone,only posted once or twice in the past so I have decided to give my opinion again just for fun,anyhoo here goes! 1)Murray -6.5 against Chela, whilst Andy hasnt exactly been convincing I dont see any issues with getting the job done here,chela has done better than he ever could have expected at this late stage in his career and he is a true fighter but Andy will prevail! 3pts @7/10 2)Nadal /Soderling over 35.5 games is a must bet 3pts @ 4/6 3)3 pts Bartoli to beat Schiavone 2-0 in sets @ a nice price of 3/1, I know Francessca is here on pure merit but I do feel she is one hell of a lucky player at times Jankovic should hav beaten here if it wasnt for her ridiculous sulking on court,quite honestly all that bending over in fake pain and that stupid moody face really bugs me! JJ Has fallen out of love ith the game and is to be opposed from now on IMO. Pavlychenkova just fell apart for large parts of the match but battled on to the very end,I was diapointed to see her lose but she will be back! Now Bartoli has really impressed me up to this point and I just think Schiavones gallant (but fortunate) run will be exposed here when Marion beats her in two relativley easy sets! All just IMO of course and all bets are with Boylesports, GL!:D

Re: Tennis - The French Open Name the finalists - Paddy Power Djokovic and Nadal - 5/6 - Moderately large stakes... Putting it simply Nadal just needs to beat Soderling to book his place in the final, Murray nor Chela would prove much difficulty. Murray's game is simply not crafted for clay and well Chela A) doesn't have the talent to beat Nadal in over a best of 5 set match and B) is going to be way too tired if he comes through Murray in a 5 setter (adding on to his previous 4 and 5 set matches this tournament) Djokovic will encounter a Federer in a semi final after 3 days rest, Federer whom although has been showing glimpses of the 2004-2007 magic, just still isn't quite there enough to outwit the most efficient Djokovic, who can hit backhand winners down the line all day long against anybody with the form he's been in this season. Djokovic's movement is better than Federer's and clay is all about good movement, whilst Federer has the magic, thats all he has I'm afraid, Djokovic has the more consistently penetrating groundstrokes, the better movement, the tenacious desire to win and even sometimes some magic of his own. You can also lay this bet with a Djokovic vs Soderling final @ 5/1 - Small stakes, should win you the large amount staked back.

Re: Tennis - The French Open Stage of elimination Nadal - Runner up - 2/1 - Strength 7/10 - Semi moderate stakes - Paddy Power Amazing odds, this is basically 2/1 for Djokovic to beat Nadal in the final. Ofcourse I am being cock-sure Djokovic will come through Federer and Nadal will come through Soderling but I wouldn't call this one a double edged sword, if you genuinely believe Djokovic has the better of Nadal on clay these odds are great. Conversely you can lay this from happening by betting Djokovic's stage of elimination being the final too @ 3/1, again, sneaky betting with the assumption both will come through their matches, but its really a given considering everything.

Name the finalists - Paddy Power Djokovic and Nadal - 5/6 - Moderately large stakes...
Stinking price, it's 1.97 on Betfair. If you want to do it through a bookie, you could back Nadal v Soderling @ 1.33 tomorrow, then on Friday roll that onto a double of Djokvovic (1.33) and Nadal against Murray or Chela, you'd end of getting about 1.88 on it if Chela is in the semi or higher if it's Murray.

Stage of elimination Nadal - Runner up - 2/1 - Strength 7/10 - Semi moderate stakes - Paddy Power Amazing odds, this is basically 2/1 for Djokovic to beat Nadal in the final. Ofcourse I am being cock-sure Djokovic will come through Federer and Nadal will come through Soderling but I wouldn't call this one a double edged sword, if you genuinely believe Djokovic has the better of Nadal on clay these odds are great. Conversely you can lay this from happening by betting Djokovic's stage of elimination being the final too @ 3/1, again, sneaky betting with the assumption both will come through their matches, but its really a given considering everything.
Why not just bang three figures on both!? Guarantee profit na?