** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

For this match and for the next nine ones Flamengo have some serious risk of losing both Ronaldinho and Thiago Neves. The sport court decided to judge them after Neves said they forced getting yellow card in the match against Palmeiras' date=' so they would be suspended against Ceara and back on the team for the last game – against Santos. The prosecutor thought this attitude was unsportsmanlike, and there is a chance that they’ll get suspended for the next ten rounds. The trial won’t happen until the end of the week though.....[/quote'] http://justicadesportiva.uol.com.br/31451-RONALDINHO-GAUCHO-E-THIAGO-NEVES-SAO-ABSOLVIDOS-NO-STJD.html Ronaldinho and Thiago Neves will play normally Vs Gremio.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great news!:rollin P.S. All the attention on Ronaldinho's face for the first time in his career, Gremio , a team that made ​​it and which has been declared a follower.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Palmeiras vs Atletico Mineiro – 01:00 There are a few bets I like and am going for in the game tonight but first a bit about teams season so far. Palmeiras are strongest home team in Brazil Serie A after 13 rounds, 7 home games (W6 – D1 – L0) and the most impressive point of all, not a single goal conceeded! Only team to stop them from victory at home is high flying Flamengo who held them to a goaless draw. Atletico started season well with to straight wins, (although against teams that would proceed to show they’re poorness as the season progressed, Avai and Atetico PR) but later only avoiding defeat away from home once against Bahia and loosing against the top teams, of which I’d class Palmeiras as, at home (Sao Paulo, Internacional). Although the odds for a straight home win are value in my opinion @ 1.75, that isn’t the best bet on offer today. The reson for this is Palmeiras almost impenetrable defence and the odds on offer for Palmeiras cleansheet are 2.25 along with Palmeiras to win to nil a lovely 2.87! The former will be my main bet as the “win to nil” bet is weakened by the unfortunate suspensions of top striker Kleber and midfielder Marcio Araujo. Scolari has accounted for these absences and held a training session on Friday to decide players to replace them. Players who figuired primarily in that session were ; Deola, Cicinho, Mauricio Ramos, Thiago Heleno and Gerley, Chico, Marcos Assuncao and Valdivia; Maikon Milk, Wellington Paulista and Dinei. Also with coach Luiz Felipe Scolari at the helm I’m confident the team will perform. Scolari is obsessed with “the home factor” and beleives they must prevail at home to acount for lost points in games on the road he thinks they should have won. Main bet – Palmeiras clean sheet @ 2.25 Secondary bet – Palmeiras to win to nil @ 2.87 Good luck everyone, any additional info is very much welcome!:ok

High odds on Botafogo, I thought this should be a more balanced game. Botafogo not to lose is around 2,00. Any reasons for the odds between Cruizeiro and Botafogo, Bagzi ? And what are the chances that Botafogo won't lose tonight ? Thanks!
coz Cruzeiro is "big" and Botafogo is "small", both to score best option

coz Cruzeiro is "big" and Botafogo is "small"' date=' both to score best option[/quote'] There is no big or small teams when we are talking about Cruzeiro and Botafogo, both teams are well known Brazilian sides and it is a derby game, this is not ˝home team derby˝ but this will be a tough one. I realy belive that Cruzeiro can get positive result and victory is obligation expecially after unexpected defeat against Atletico GO in last league match. Both to score as you said is another OK option for me but the odds around @1.75 aren´t the best and limits are very low as i am high roller myself, but if you have this bet in double, treble or acca it is acceptable. :ok Anyway, I am here for home side, even Botafogo without some main players played great against Avai and got 2-1 winner. But, home ground, high quality players, must win situation - eveything telling me that -0.75 AH line is great for hosts. Cruzeiro (-0.75) AH @1.91 pinnacle 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD well, it seems that even such lousy bet as bts can't deliver easily anymore :\ Abreu scored, he's still alive :p if u have high stakes on Brazil games, especially on asians u gotta have strong nerves :) I prefer goal bets coz if I had somebody to win in your latest picks with 4:5, 2x4:3 and 2:3 there would be lot of broken stuff around me :) problem is that there weren't many goals in Brazil lately and just when odds on team to score 2+ got bigger than to win, they went crazy hehe also when I said "big", I meant these clubs-Flamengo, Flumi, Vasco, Corinthians, SP, Santos, Palmeiras, Cruzeiro, Inter and Gremio, I think u would agree Botafogo is behind them as Rio's 4th club

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Internacional - Atletico GO: Draw @ 3.75 (StanJames) 10/10 Internacional is a bit short here given its somewhat mediocre year and the fact that it has just returned from the Audi Cup in Germany. Atletico GO has had a rather poor season and sits in 15th place. However, the guests' recent win against Cruzeiro has certainly boosted the team's confidence and they could get a draw against a tired Internacional team that doesn't have the greatest home record anyway (2-1-2). Fluminense - Ceara: Ceara +0.5 (AH) @ 2.20 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 Fluminense has lost three out of its last 4 matches and is offered at quite short odds here. Ceara hasn't lost in 5 matches 3-2-0 and the AH odds pay well for the visitors to get a draw or a win.The hosts have trouble scoring generally (9 goals in 11 matches). The guests have 2 consecutive draws away and certainly seem capable of getting at least a point in this contest.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD today i will try Santos DNB odds ~ 1.65 , i am sure that most of us saw the last game and with that kind of attack there shouldnt be any problems against Atletico and i dont think that Santos will lose two games in a row.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD America MG - Coritiba: Draw @ 3.43 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The odds have shifted in favour of the guests, but I expect a draw in this match. The hosts have been prone to the draw at home (1-3-2with 2 consecutive draws overall and 2 consecutive draws at home. Coritiba has been poor in its away matches (0-1-4). The only point was recently against Bahia (0-0). Last year, in Brazil 2, these teams played to a 1-1 draw. I see the draw as a good percentage bet here. Bahia - Figueirense: Draw @ 3.53 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Bahia hasn't recorded a home win yet (0-4-1) and is in 16th place just above the relegation line. Figueirense is in 10th place after a good beginning to the season but the guests form has stumbled recently. The guests have a poor away record (0-2-3) having a bad goal differntial (2:9). Nevertheless, Figueirense hasn't lost in its previous 4 visits to Bahia (2-2-0). The hosts don't inspire enough confidence to back for the win and the draw seems to be the best bet here.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Sport Football (Brazil) Event Atletico - Santos Selection Under 3 Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.87 Reasoning For me under this is very logic bet for this match. H2H: Atletico-PR Santos 0:1 27.05.2007 Atletico-PR Santos 1:0 05.07.2008 Atletico-PR Santos 1:1 28.10.2009 Atletico-PR Santos 2:0 22.07.2010 Atletico have very bad offense, only 6 goals in 12 matches in this season.. At home after 5 games, have 3:5 goals balance. Santos on away is very bad, without win in 4 games. 2:7 in goals balance. I see small result

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Internacional 0 : 0 Atletico GO :clap Fluminense 4 : 0 Ceara :eyes The red card for Ceara just before halftime killed any hope for the bet.....:sad Anyway, a decent profit nevertheless....:ok

Why' date=' do you have any reasoning behind this statement mate?[/quote'] yes, check results :lol Corinthians too low aw odds for this league, SP and Inter too unreliable, Coritiba favorite away-no way, but they could score 2...but I will be very dissapointed if Santos doesn't score 2 goals, but then again Neymar and his haircut couldn't care less if I'm dissapointed or not :)

today i will try Santos DNB odds ~ 1.65 ' date=' i am sure that most of us saw the last game and with that kind of attack there shouldnt be any problems against Atletico and i dont think that Santos will lose two games in a row.[/quote'] 3 - 2 a littlebit unlucky Santos just dont know how to do defend.. but in this match they deserved atleast a point.!:\

Wednesday 3 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Ceará SC v Avaí FC (23:30 BST) 1.76 3.75 5.05 103.29 %
maximize.gif Figueirense FC v Botafogo FR (23:30 BST) 2.4 3.35 3.15 103.26 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v Atlético Mineiro (23:30 BST) 1.86 3.65 4.6 102.90 %
maximize.gif SC Corinthians v América Futebol Clube-MG (23:30 BST) 1.31 5.6 13 101.89 %
Thursday 4 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Coritiba FC v Palmeiras (01:50 BST) 2.3 3.45 3.6 100.24 %
maximize.gif Cruzeiro EC v Flamengo (01:50 BST) 2.2 3.4 4 99.87 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Santos FC (01:50 BST) 2.1 3.6 3.75 102.06 %

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Corinthians vs América - Corinthians to win to nil @2.00 Corinthians are way superior, no doubt. Well, I've been tempted to take Corinthians(-1.5) @1.85 (and dropping), but I don't know how much I trust Corinthians without Liedson, I think Emerson is too sloppy, sometimes it seems that he doesn't even care. América will play with a lot of young players and I expect they will mark with intensity eleven man behind the ball. So I see more value in Corinthians to win without conced. América scored 3 goals away, only against Avaí (worst defense) and Grêmio (an isolated play). Corinthians have the best defense, conceded only 3 times at home and have the return of Chicão, defender and captain, so that should fix some holes in the back. I just can't see América creating good chances to score. The main problem with that bet is if Corinthians score like 3 or 4 goals, get careless and let América score, anyway I see real value in that bet.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Gremio RS - Atletico MG 00:30CET Both sides in big problems ahead of tonight´s duel and in must win situation. Atletico is in 14th place in the league table, 3 pts above relegation zone, on the other hand Gremio is in 16th place, 2 pts above relegation candidates. Thus, Gremio board fired vice president Antônio Vicente Martins due to bad results and managing, so Gremio executive director Paulo Pelaipe demand from coach and players to use all their effort and to give blood on the field tonight to get positive result and that is victory only. Coach Julinho Camargo said he will make two changes in his team that lost to Flamengo in last match, defender Saimon is suspended and he will be replaced by Vilson who will play with central defender Rafael Marques (2 goals) in pair. The good news is that main striker Miralles is back and can play with Andre Lima who is still recovering but may take place in first line up. If not, Leandro will take his place in attack. On the side of Atletico many problems too, coach Dorival Júnior is under pressure, in 13 matches he won only 4 times, with 2 draws and 7 defeats. He had problems with the press and players are unsatisfied, morale isn´t on best level and i belive this is right time and oponnent for homes side to finaly get victory after three games withou a win. I belive this is the fair odds for -0.5 line from @1.80-1.85, and i see that -0.75 line will dropp a bit soon. Gremio RS (-0.5) AH @1.82 sbobet 4/10

Gremio RS - Atletico MG 00:30CET Both sides in big problems ahead of tonight´s duel and in must win situation. Atletico is in 14th place in the league table, 3 pts above relegation zone, on the other hand Gremio is in 16th place, 2 pts above relegation candidates. Thus, Gremio board fired vice president Antônio Vicente Martins due to bad results and managing, so Gremio executive director Paulo Pelaipe demand from coach and players to use all their effort and to give blood on the field tonight to get positive result and that is victory only. Coach Julinho Camargo said he will make two changes in his team that lost to Flamengo in last match, defender Saimon is suspended and he will be replaced by Vilson who will play with central defender Rafael Marques (2 goals) in pair. The good news is that main striker Miralles is back and can play with Andre Lima who is still recovering but may take place in first line up. If not, Leandro will take his place in attack. On the side of Atletico many problems too, coach Dorival Júnior is under pressure, in 13 matches he won only 4 times, with 2 draws and 7 defeats. He had problems with the press and players are unsatisfied, morale isn´t on best level and i belive this is right time and oponnent for homes side to finaly get victory after three games withou a win. I belive this is the fair odds for -0.5 line from @1.80-1.85, and i see that -0.75 line will dropp a bit soon. Gremio RS (-0.5) AH @1.82 sbobet 4/10
Don't wanna bet against my team (Atlético) and Grêmio are not very trustfull at the moment (I was really scared watching the game against América). But I wanna add an info, Atlético will play in 3-5-2 formation. With Werley, Lima and Leonardo Silva in the back, first of all I don't think that is a smart call, Atlético don't have any quality in the sides (in the left Eron is a youngster, and in the right Patrick is terrible), so I don't see the logic behind that formation. My second point is the misguidance of coach Dorival Júnior, untill two games ago Rever was the captain of the team, now he's not even in the start eleven, it shows lack of command and trust in his own players. So, at that price, must agree with Bagzi that Gremio is a pretty value bet.

Event Vasco - Santos
Selection Santos
Strength 10/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.74
Reasoning Santos, after two consecutive defeats, against Flamengo and Atletico-PR, this is the ideal reaction moment against Vasco. Santos has quality players, a great team and a great coach, what makes me be sure they will over take this moment. I know that Vasco has a strong team, will play at home and with the support of their fans, but i expect Santos to make a great game and win. Santos is really needing this positive result and to Vasco that is not really a good sign, as Santos is seeing this game like a real decisive game. The difficult will increase even more to Vasco, despite none of game against Santos is easy. Santos has quality players, who can decide, and Vasco will have to work even more.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Figueirense - Botafogo RJ 00:30CET Figueirense coach Jorginho is under pressure tonight and one more negative result will be crusial for him to be fired from club. I realy expect hard battle tonight, and in my opinion Botafogo is in better position to get at least a point. They are on good run of two wins in a row and going into this game with superb morale. On the other hand we have unsatisfied Figueirense players, bad managing from coach and will need to happen miracle for home manager to stay a live in the club, that is all my opinion. Moreover, home team will miss several important players - defenders Bruno and Pablo, as well as strikers Rhayner (former Gremio Barueri attacker with 3 goals) and Aloísio (3 goals). Botafogo will be without striker Caio and midfielder Everton but they aren´t important part in the team. Great news is that new signing midfieder Renato (former Santos (10 goals) and Sevilla, played for 7 seasons at Sevilla scoring 26 goals) is improving better and better from game to game, very experienced and ballanced player, and i realy expect great performances from him tonight. Botafogo (+0.25) AH @1.84 sbobet 4/10