** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Sao Paolo vs Fluminense Machina Tricolor will have a great occasion tonight to get second win in last 6 games. Sao Paolo is sitting on 3rd position, 2 points behind the leaders, Corinthians, with 4 wins home, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Have managed to score 14 goals at home and conceded 11. In last 5 games they have 4 draws and 1 win, 3-0 with Ceara, on Morumbi Stadium. They will have just two missing players, Piris, called for Paraguay national team and Carlinhos Paraiba, suspended, cause the long term injured player, Luis Fabiano should not be mentioned as we know about him from the start of the season. Therefore Sao Paolo should be: Rogério Ceni; Jean, João Filipe, Rhodolfo and Juan; Wellington, Casemiro, Cícero and Rivaldo (Henrique); Lucas and Dagoberto. Fluminense are the former champions of Brazil, but many things changed since that moment of joy: new coach, some players left the club, etc. Now they are and act like a mid team: 11 spot, 2 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats on away games, scored just 6 goals abroad and conceded 14. The most important player in terms of productivity in front of the goal is Rafael Moura, striker bought from Goias at the end of last season, who managed to score 8 goals so far. Tonight he will not play as he is suspended for reaching the yellow cards limit. The other options are Fred, who is on talks with a club in Europe and Ciro. Fluminense will have also other missing players: Valencia (midfielder, 12 games), Diguinho (midfielder, 7 games), Matheus Carvalho (striker, 6 games), Araújo (striker, 3 games) and Deco (midfielder, 7 games). Fluminense should enter on the field with: Diego Cavalieri, Mariano, Gum, Marcio Rosário and Carlinhos; Edinho, Diogo, Fernando Bob and Lanzini; Ciro and Fred. The point here is not that Fluminense is weaker through missing players. They are having a good team, equillibrated. But they are not having that chemistry between them, have lost Dario Conca in midfield and they have lost that winning mentality they had last year. On the contrary, Sao Paolo has a great team in terms of chemistry and will to win. They are 3rd club in Brazil as number of fans and ar eyet to win something in last years. Casemiro, Lucas and Dagoberto are among the first 5 best players in Brazil at the moment. I believe that will be a tight game and home side will win. :hope:hope:hope Home win @1.83 with bwin :hope:hope:hope

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD

The weather was very hot during the game and Vasco coach Ricardo Gomes had some kind of stroke' date=' the ambulance car went him to hospital immediately. Now is all in God´s hands, everyone forgot about the game and all are praying for Ricardo to stay a live. :sad[/quote'] Oh dear, I hope he will come better :hope

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Botafogo vs Palmeiras I recommend you to bet also direct win for Botafogo, but the odds are pretty convenient for protecting half of stake, just in case … Because Maracana is under preparations for the World Cup, all the teams from Rio de Janeiro (except Vasco da Gama that has home venue Sao Januario stadium) are playing their home games on Engenhao, but in reality this is the home ground of Botafogo. And Botafogo is one of the strongest home teams in Brazil with 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat. Scored 20 goals and conceded 9. They have really transformed Engenhao into a real fortress. Botafogo will miss defender Antonio Carlos (18 games played) and midfielder Everton (7 games played). Botafogo: Jefferson, Lucas, Gustavo, Fábio Ferreira and Cortês; Marcelo Mattos, Renato, Maicosuel and Elkeson; Herrera and Loco Abreu. Palmeiras is also a good team at home with 24 points in 10 games, but away has just 1 win, 5 draws and 3 defeats. Scored 7 goals and conceded 10. This game will be very important for Palmeiras cause if they will lose it, the title hopes will vanish, while if they will win these hopes will become bigger. Away side will be without Luan (17 games, 6 goals), suspended, Valvidia (8 games), international duty with Chile, Maikon Leite, injured, striker Dinei (11 games), injured and goalkeeper Marcos, also injured. Palmeiras will be: Deola, Cicinho, Thiago Heleno, Henrique and Gabriel Silva; Chico, Márcio Araújo, Marcos Assunção and Patrik (Tinga); Kleber and Fernandão. The missing players in England are not decisive. I made a study last season on this thing and I can tell you that in only 39% of the case was an advantage for the opposite side when playing to a team diminished by absentees. (A clear example is Leeds United which beat Hull City). Same thing is on Brasileirao. My reason for this bet is the extraordinary form that are possessing the Botafogo players” Jefferson, Elkeson, Herrera, Abreu, Maicosuel and Abreu. On the other hand, Palmeiras was not so brave in away games, 3 goals scored in 5 games. I believe in a tight game, but home side should take all the points. Home -0.25 AH @ 1.91 with Pinnacle Sports :hope:hope:hope

I'm tempted by next accumulator: Avai : Flamengo - Away Win Corinthians : Gremio - Home Win Sao Paulo : Fluminense - Home Win Botafogo : Palmeiras - Home Win at a generous odd of 11.7 Any opinions on games which I should skip ?
Flamengo is playing badly. I watched them against Internacional and they were weak in defense. Gremio can make a draw to Corinthians. There is also a possibility for Botafogo to make only a draw even though they can snatch easily a win. Do not like accumulators, you lose 10 and win 1.

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Atletico Goianiense vs Coritiba New coach of Goiania, Helio dos Anjos, is very, very happy as his team has already 4 wins in a row. On the other side, Coritiba made 2 draws, 2 wins and 1 defeat in last 5 games. My credit goes to home side as they consolidated their defense and improved the attacks in these games. Atletico-GO scored in each of every last 5 games, in total 10 goals. At home they have 4 wins and 5 defeats, scored 9 goals and conceded 8. Away side scored 9 goals away and conceded 13. With 2 wins and 2 draws in 9 games, Coritiba can be considered as a weaker team when playing away than home. The teams will have no major absentees for this match. A win here is a must for Goiania team, taking into consideration that much tougher opponents will come after this game. The relegation battle is not over yet, the home side should know that and act accordingly. Home win @ 2.52 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Atletico Paranaense vs Atletico Mineiro The mess installed to Mineiro club should end, but in Curitiba is very hard to get points. Atletico PR was greta in last years when playing home and coach Renato Gaucho looks he brought the peace that everyone needed here. They are not saved yet from relegation, but there is half of the season ahead. Gallo will have real problems in getting something here, they have no morale and will meet another desperate team. I believe in a narrow win for home side. Home win @ 1.91 with Coral

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Agree with Sao Paulo backers, they need to win badly after series of draws. Stadium will be full, fans up and everything is ready for Paulistas to finaly get all three points in front of their own fans. In adittion to poor several weeks for Fluminense and injury and suspension lists i belive totaly in home win here. Sao Paulo (-0.75) AH @1.93 pinnacle 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Also, i realy like Vasco to beat -1 line against CEARA, they easily beat them in first part of the season when played away by 3-1. Now, Vasco is rising, and after their manager Ricardo Gomes had stroke everyone is together and will play for their coach. Vasco board called fans to get in huge number to the stadium, to give support to their idol Ricardo Gomes and to be 12th Vasco player on the pitch. I belive in good winner tonight. Vasco da Gama (-1) AH @2.02 victor chandler 5/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Avai can get something against down trend Flamengo side, i belive they can get at least a point tonight, as Flamengo are in bad shape lately. I´ve watched last game against Vasco and pure luck saved Flamengo from defeat. Now, Avai looking good, have superb moral expecially after beating Figueirense in last derby game. Moreover, Flamengo have many important missing for this duel: 4 main defenders David Braz, Junior Cesar, Welinton and Alex Silva are all out of the game. Avai (+0.25) AH @2.01 pinnacle 4/10

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Internacional x Santos Today - 21:50 BRT Internacional plays at home after a loss on a high rivality game, and needs to win to keep his chances on championship (seven points between Internacional and qualifying zone for south america chanpionship). Santos got a tie against São Paulo at home in last game. They are already qualified for continental championship (Santos is the last champion) and not have real chances for title anymore. They want to keep the squad on focus for Fifa world clubs championship in december. Both are inconstant on Brazilian Seria A, but have good squads with efficient strikers. Leandro Damião is in great form, scoring some goals for Internacional, mainly at home. Borges is scoring a lot of goals for Santos, and playing very well with Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso. Internacional will put santos's weak defence under pressure, and Santos will try fast counter attacks to score. More than (2.5) goals @1,75 Sportingbet

I' am not Bagzi.... he he he. This guy with Pelé in my avatar is Jairzinho. He scored in all games in Mexico 70 World Cup.
Oh, sorry! Aham, I've heard of him also! Thanks! Great teams you had, guys, but the one that I love most is that one from 2002 with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho in front.

Sport Football (Brazil)
Event Cruzeiro - Figueirense
Selection Figueirense (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.91
Reasoning The odd is dropping fast, from 5 plus to 3,40, I'm agree that Cruzeiro have some players that will not play and Figureiense is a team very inpredictable, but they won at Corinthians and after they lose at home with Avai, I don't think that they are capable of another surprise. Good luck!

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Botafogo - Palmeiras Palmeiras is IMO the brazilian team playing most tactical football in SerieA. The conceed very hard goal, Felipao has a squad full of experience that can handle best attacking lineups. Against Botafogo, Scolari has some problems in offensive compartment as Luan is suspended, Maikon Leite injured, Valdivia(offensive midfielder) is gone with chilean NT. Marcos, regular goalkeeper is injured for Palmeiras. but Deola is a good replacement having a nice record of cleen sheets. Botafogo have a beautiful record playing on Enghenao, 7-1-1 scoring 20 goals and reciving just 9. They welcome back Abreu, Antonia Carlos is only missing. They are in great form at this moment, still I belive they will have a hard time against a solid Palmeiras side, with great moral after victory against Timao.

Sport Football (Brazil)
Event Atletico-PR - Atletico-MG
Selection Atletico-MG (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 3.74
Reasoning I seen MG and is nothing to make me think twice when I lay them, PR is doing well after a disaster start, now with one defeat in 9 matches they are well in form, MG is on 8 defeat in last 10 and I don't see them leaving with points from here. Good luck!

Sport Football (Brazil)
Event Botafogo - Palmeiras
Selection Palmeiras (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 3.68
Reasoning Botafogo is this year a nice team to watch, they play very fast and nice, is the best team at home (2nd now, after Palmeiras, but with a win they go on first place for home table), with 7 wins from 9 and a great support from fans I don't see how can Palmeiras win here, maybe maximum a draw. Good luck!

Sport Football (Brazil)
Event Internacional - Santos
Selection under 1.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 4.03
Reasoning Santos defense line is like the grand French cheese with big holes, so not to receive goal is excluded, but with a good attack they can score so I see a big over match here, both teams to score, so for a sure pick I lay the under 1.5. Good luck!

Event Sao Paulo - Fluminense
Selection Sao Paulo +0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.21
Reasoning Sao is coming after 4 consecutive draws and is playing to well for giving a chance of Flumiense, the stadium will be full and the fans will make a incredible atmosphere, I just don't see how can Sao lose at home in a match like this one. Good luck!

Also, i realy like Vasco to beat -1 line against CEARA, they easily beat them in first part of the season when played away by 3-1. Now, Vasco is rising, and after their manager Ricardo Gomes had stroke everyone is together and will play for their coach. Vasco board called fans to get in huge number to the stadium, to give support to their idol Ricardo Gomes and to be 12th Vasco player on the pitch. I belive in good winner tonight. Vasco da Gama (-1) AH @2.02 victor chandler 5/10
FT 3-1 :clap:clap

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Hi all, Just had a geat couple of results up, so was wondering what you guys think about goals in tonights game. Think we will get a few or tight games? will post my findings once ive visited a few sites to check some history. Regards, Atletico-GO v Coritiba BTTS 7/10 and over 2.5 goals 19/20 William Hill Atletico-PR v Atletico-MG BTTS 8/13 and over 2.5 goals 7/10 William Hill 4 * Doubles = 4 Bets.

Sport Football (Brazil)
Event Avai - Flamengo
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.82
Reasoning Flamengo is winless in their last 4 league games but goals seem to be flying in their net more often with no less than 8 goals conceded altough in 15 previous rounds they had only concede 13. With such a poor record they will be looking to score goals if they want the win here. Avai got a much important win at Figueirense 3-2 just 3 days ago. Striker William scored 2 goals, while ex-Schalke playmaker Lincoln got his name on the scoresheet as well. It was his debut for Avai as he was just recently bought from Palmeiras. It's rather rare for Avai not to concede at home, and Flamengo definetly has the quality up-front to ask the questions here. But given the fact that the guests malfunction in defense lately I'm willing to take the over 2.5 here.

Internacional x Santos Today - 21:50 BRT Internacional plays at home after a loss on a high rivality game, and needs to win to keep his chances on championship (seven points between Internacional and qualifying zone for south america chanpionship). Santos got a tie against São Paulo at home in last game. They are already qualified for continental championship (Santos is the last champion) and not have real chances for title anymore. They want to keep the squad on focus for Fifa world clubs championship in december. Both are inconstant on Brazilian Seria A, but have good squads with efficient strikers. Leandro Damião is in great form, scoring some goals for Internacional, mainly at home. Borges is scoring a lot of goals for Santos, and playing very well with Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso. Internacional will put santos's weak defence under pressure, and Santos will try fast counter attacks to score. More than (2.5) goals @1,75 Sportingbet
If you used this, money in the pocket! :cheers

Re: Brazil Serie A 2011 THREAD Bahia BA - America MG 01:30CET After 4 games without victory Bahia hopes to overcome bad run and to get positive result against relegation candidate America MG. They had some off field problems lately with striker Jobson who is fired from the team and now i hope that is all the past time, and good phase will come soon, i belive tonight. America MG is in relegation zone too, last spot in the league table with only 13pts and like their oponnent in 4 matches poor run, without a single win. America did beat them in first part of the season by 2-1 and now it is time for hosts revenge. Moreover America will miss two main parts in the team, striker Alessandro (top scorer of the team with 7 goals) and key central defender Gabriel are out of the game because of injury. Fair -1 line. Bahia BA (-0.75) AH @1.88 ladbrokes 4/10