Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 3pts Chris Gayle Player Performance Under 49.5 @ 1.83 Boylesports Performance points are scored as follows: 1pt for a run, 10pts for a catch, 20pts for a wicket, 25 for a stumping More of a speculative punt than anything really. Gayle looked really poor versus South Africa and if I remember correctly he was out for a duck or within the 1st 2-3 overs. Either way I reckon Gayle will probably will struggle again and hopefully will not beat this performance line. Watch this bet backfire on me now. :loon

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

I will be taking on the same bet with 5pts:ok.(T Taibu Performance bet) :hope
0.5pts B Taylor @ 9.00 ladbrokes:\ 0.5pts T Taibu @ 11.00 ladbrokes :ok 0.5pts C Coventry @ 13.00 ladbrokes:\ Gonna keep track of all the bets I post up here. 10% loss on 5pts on the outcome of yesterday's match: -0.5pts Canada never got going and got balled out for just 1 run, kicking myself for ever backing that bet, T Taibu's performance bet came in nicely, as well as the Man Of the Match bet coming in for Taibu for his 98 on the bat, knew I shouldn't have opposed Gayle versus a lower opposition but oh well, cannot do much about that now. Somehow ended up with just below evens, which I guess I am very lucky to be in this state. With the sixes bet, 1st 15 overs handicap bet to run in the West Indies match still. Hopefully i'll end the day on a profit. :hope Total profit/loss: -0.33pts Not doing so well at this am I :eyes Sorry for the multiple posts, will try and put them all into one post next time :$

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 [

[..snippet..] Not doing so well at this am I :eyes
Try being down 26points in 24 hours. :nana Gayle decided to turn up today, Tendo got a mire seven runs and don't even get me started on Barresi. It all works out to eight consecutive losing tips for me. Annoyingly tomorrow provides one of the biggest mismatches this tournament could possibly throw up. If I decide to lift myself out of my current slumber I'll be back later. Congrats to any winners.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Just wanted to say thanks guys for all the tipping. I wouldn't have a clue myself but am backing a few of these which gives me interest each day. Don't know if up or down, bit gutted about the extras bet a few days ago and the England tie as I layed England and thought I won but nothing.

Cracking advert for odi cricket yesterday, got to be quick here, WI to score over 299.5 runs vs holland @ 10/11 Basically don't think the Dutch attack is all that, gayle and pollard will fire eventually and it could be today.
Gayle & Pollard fired, cleared it easily.:beer

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Great shout Wongy :clap:clap. A better day for me today and only 2 Kervezee runs from a clean sweep. Back to just -10.54 now. 3 for me tomorrow. 4pts Sri Lanka -8.5wickets/150.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet This is a big handicap but I'm happy enough Sri Lanka will cover it. I certainly think they will cover the runs side of it but I'm hopeful they can cover the wickets side too should they need to. So far in the tournament Kenya are yet to bat into the 35th over and their top score in two innings is 112. I don't see them making a great deal more than 150 if they bat first if they even make that many. I think on a wicket as good as this 150 wouldn't take too much chasing with a quality top 3 of Sangakkara, Dilshan and Tharanga. If Sri Lanka bat first then I see them clearing 300 which again would put this out of Kenya's reach. Even allowing for the batting first bias on this ground I just don't see this Kenyan attack achieving anything. Sri Lanka came within a dozen of chasing down 278 under lights on Saturday against a much stronger Pakistan attack. Kenya are comfortably the worst team in this tournament in these conditions in my eyes so although this handicap looks huge it's been covered in every test nation vs associate nation in this group so far and I expect that to continue here. 4pts M.Muralitharan's Performance Pts - 40&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I'm very surprised Bet365 have offered us a line here where Murali requires just 2 wickets. I expect him to get those fairly easily. The way the Kenyan's played Afridi was embarassing on Wednesday and Murali if anything has more variations. Murali has played Kenya on 5 occasions in ODI's taking 2, 4, 0, 4 and 3 wickets per match. The 0 was in England when he bowled just 3 overs. Admittedly the most recent of those matches was in 2003 but amazingly Kenya still have 3-4 players from then in their side today. Those figures of Murali highlight a nation that can't play spin. Their batting looks to have gone rapidly downhill since the last time they were in this company and on a track which offers a little bit of turn I think Murali's guile and mystery will be too much for at least 2 Kenyan's. 3pts Under 5.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power This line looks a bit too high for me. I've said all tournament so far how Sri Lanka don't hit many 6's, they only hit 2 against Canada so I don't suddenly see 6 going out the park should they bat first here. There were only 3 6's here on Saturday and Pakistan only hit one of them so if Pakistan are only taking this Sri Lankan attack for one 6 it's hard to see Kenya walloping them for multiple 6's. I'm keeping stakes low here just in case Sri Lanka decide to use the game to give the likes of Mathews and Perera some extra time at the crease but if they bat down their order as usual I would expect this match to have sufficiently less than 6 6's.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Too much in this match depends on the toss. If Sri Lanka bat first, I will go in on anything over around 315.5 runs and take overs on the amount of extras Kenya will concede. If not, I will only play with the following: 6pts Fall of Sri Lanka 1st Wicket Over 38.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes Going to go with one that has proven to be very successful in recent months. It worked for me last week on the same pitch against a stronger bowling side so I see no reason as to why it shouldn't here. Tharanga and Dilshan are a formiddable partnership and should see themselves over the 39 run mark against the worst team possible. I don't even need to go into what they average as a pair, I've said it all before. Against Akhtar, Gul, Razzaq etc, they got 74, fingers crossed they get at least 39 tomorrow against a pretty pedestrian bowling attack.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Following kev with all 3 of his bets with the same stake with one additional bet. 4pts Sri Lanka - No of extras: Over 15.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Note that as stated in one of my earlier posts, this bet means the number of extras that take place during Sri Lanka's batting innings (i.e. when Kenya bowl). Been looking to take this bet ever since Kenya bowled 50+ extras versus South Africa. If Sri Lanka open up the batting, I expect Kenya to bowl all of the 50 overs and concede a fair number of extras. With an extra being a no ball, a leg bye, a bye or a wide I think this line should be covered easily by Kenya. :hope

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Will have my first bet of the tournament today :hope (4/10) Player Performance - Steve Tikolo Under 31 @ 1.83 at Bet365 I think that Steve Tikolo is now really struggling with age. He covered the line against Pakistan, but Sri Lanka are more solid with the bat and I am pretty sure he will not do this with the bat alone, as he has scored 2 against NZ and 13 against Pakistan. Cannot see him doing much in this match.

Following kev with all 3 of his bets with the same stake with one additional bet. 4pts Sri Lanka - No of extras: Over 15.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Note that as stated in one of my earlier posts, this bet means the number of extras that take place during Sri Lanka's batting innings (i.e. when Kenya bowl). Been looking to take this bet ever since Kenya bowled 50+ extras versus South Africa. If Sri Lanka open up the batting, I expect Kenya to bowl all of the 50 overs and concede a fair number of extras. With an extra being a no ball, a leg bye, a bye or a wide I think this line should be covered easily by Kenya. :hope
My only worry is if Kenya bat first and it ends up like the NZ game. :\

My only worry is if Kenya bat first and it ends up like the NZ game. :\
I know what you mean, it is really a toss of a coin in this matter, thinking about it now, the smarter thing would be to have waited for the toss to see who was batting first. Oh well. You learn from things like these. :hope

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Just taking 1 in this. Kenya, opening partnership over 15.5 runs, vs Sri Lanka, 4pts @ 5/6 William Hill I personally think this line is a little low despite what the Kenyan team, as a whole, have achieved with the bat. In the 112 scored against Pakistan, the first wicket fell with 37 runs on the board whilst even the 69 against NZ saw this line just fail - 14 for the 1st wicket but then another 26 until they had 2 down. They also comfortably covered this line in warm up matches against Ireland, Netherlands & West Indies. To me, it really is the middle order that lets the Kenyans down badly. Add to that uncertainty around the Sri Lankan bowling. The dangerman is clearly Murali but 16 runs will be well covered before he enters the fray. The concern is that Malinga is fit & firing but, although he may play, I'm not sure he's 100% yet so will take the Kenyan openers to clear this line.

Sri Lanka bring in Malinga and Mendis today which will no doubt please Kenyas batsmen, think they will get a pasting today, in their two games so far they haven't batted the quota of 50 overs, think they might get shot out. Kenya under 148.5 runs @ 10/11 Bet365
Malinga hattrick, 6 wickets in total to blow the tail away! 142 all out despite being 102-2 after 2 of the slowest WC half centuries:beer:cheers

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Going to dip into the outright Market before tomorrows games South Africa to win World Cup 9/2 Bet365. Been mulling this one over now for a couple of days and am going for it. India are favs but I like the balance of this SA team, Amla and Smith are solid openers, Kallis will improve at 3 as the competition goes on, along with Ab de billowed and duminy they have plenty of experience of Indian conditions via the Ipl. Steyn and Morkel are going to cause problems with the new ball and they have spin options with Tahir looking decent, supported by Botha and Peterson depending on whether what attack they pick, plenty of options, I am a little concerned by the middle/lower order but think this could be the time to banish the chokers tag.:)

Following kev with all 3 of his bets with the same stake with one additional bet. 4pts Sri Lanka - No of extras: Over 15.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Note that as stated in one of my earlier posts, this bet means the number of extras that take place during Sri Lanka's batting innings (i.e. when Kenya bowl). Been looking to take this bet ever since Kenya bowled 50+ extras versus South Africa. If Sri Lanka open up the batting, I expect Kenya to bowl all of the 50 overs and concede a fair number of extras. With an extra being a no ball, a leg bye, a bye or a wide I think this line should be covered easily by Kenya. :hope
Above bet stood no chance of coming in despite Kenya batting for 42ish overs. Sri Lanka did get 16 extras for their bowling. Anyhow, with the aobve bet settled as a loser and saved by kev's bets, I now stand at a +3.205pts. :( Well played kev :clap

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Dilly and Upul did the business so +5 today. Czech that Tikolo shout was a good one well done on that. Wongy, Kev well done also. Going in with a couple early ones tomorrow. 7pts England Highest 15 Overs Score (-20.5 runs) 3/4 Sportingbet England are the best in the world at this first 15 overs shit. Strauss and Pietersen only play one way and that is just hitting boundaries. Strauss managed to hit 158 runs off only 145 balls the other day despite playing one of the most controlled and disciplined innings I've seen from him an England batsman ever. Anything with a small amount of width will be despatched to the boundary without too much fuss and we don't even need to go into what Pietersen can do. I remember the line for this when England played India. It was England +7.5 runs & I was so tempted to go in. The threat of Sehwag and Sachin scared me though so I pussied out and I genuinely thought I was right to when India posted 84/1 in 15. Strauss and KP went and got 107/1 in 15 overs though and smashed that handicap to pieces. Against Netherlands, this was covered too when England got 92/0 off 15 overs so I really see why no reason as to why it won't happen again. Even if one of the two openers go early, Trott scores fairly quickly despite not hitting as many boundaries. The opening bowling partnership of Ireland shouldn't cause England a great amount of problems and I can see them getting around 60-odd in the first 15 max. England are more than capable of hitting 85+. 4pts Batsman Matchbet Jonathon Trott to beat Ian Bell 5/6 Coral Jonathon Trott needs 64 runs to equal the record to become the fastest player in ODI history to reach 1,000 runs. He knows that and I'm sure he will want to reach that landmark more than anything. He is a top player and I think in the back of his mind, he will be pleased that he has an opportunity to get that record against an associate nation. If England bat first, I am pretty sure Trotty will get enough time to build an innings and ensure he does enough to get the 64 runs he needs. If England bat second Trott will have a significant advantage in this market as I don't expect Ireland to post an overly massive score. I'm not saying Bell is a bad player and/or is out of form or anything like that but I definitely feel Trott has motivation to score big in this match and he is in a better position to do so.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 P1ss poor again today. 3 for tomorrow's game. P.Collingwood, England top bat, 1pt EW @ 8/1 Coral (1/5 odds 1-3) Coming in at 5 may make this look a risky bet if this goes to form but Ireland are no walk over and I feel Colly will get in with a chance to score some runs. If he does, then I'm happy to be on at this price with 3 places available. His form is looking none too shabby recently; ignore his no show vs India where he came in at the slog stage, he scored 30 not out vs Netherlands and 65 in the previous match, a warm up vs Pakistan. If he takes forward that form, 8's is a huge price. England v Ireland, under 6.5 6's, 4pts @ Evs Skybet Other than Kevin O'Brien, I don't really see Ireland hitting us for many 6's, therefore this line is all about England. Versus India, we hit 5 in a massive 330+ run total, 3 of them late on. Amongst that, we had 7 of the 10 batsman with a 97+ strike rate so a total of 5 big hits is a little bit of underachievement. Only 1 against the Netherlands with almost 300 on the board, I just think this line is too high and fully expect the unders to land here. England opening partnership, under 44.5 runs, 4pts @ 5/6 Skybet Maybe I'm mad! KP & Straussy have cleared this easily in the last 2 matches but, previous to that, we've not been particularly comfortable at the start of the innings. In fact, we've failed to cover this line in the previous 8 ODI's including 2 with these 2 as the openers, and one of those against Canada. Ireland are decent with the ball, it's actually their batting that lets them down and 45 runs is a good few runs too high, I feel. Would be no surprise to see either of the openers go cheaply after the excellent batting performance against India; it's the usual English way so I'll take my chances in a market where form previous to the last couple of games would strongly point to the unders.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Russ, Colly's 17's on Betfair. Just to let you know. Although you don't get the each way cover. Ireland are at 26's at the moment on Betfair. I'm going to get on Ireland at that price and trade out. I think as the game progresses a decent partnership or a few wickets for Ireland will see that price fall for a profit. Aside from that, I don't see any obvious bets in this match. I fancy Trott to get a big one tomorrow with that record in mind (quickest to 1000). He's proved throughout his England career, that when he applies himself, he normally gets what he wants (debut hundred, double ton in the Ashes) and I can't see him failing here. The only thing against this is Straussy's form, and KP can always pull a big one out of the bag. In fact, I've just convinced myself that Trott will be top scorer. 3 pts Jonathan Trott to top score @ 5.1 on betfair. 2 pts Ireland to win @ 26. (Looking to trade out as game progresses). P.s Some great tipping on this forum. Kevshat astounds me with his pics, and BigMac I've really enjoyed your pics and have wept tears as some of them haven't come in this world cup. I hope for you that your logic will see you turn a healthy profit by the end of the tournament. RussP, top tipping as well. Keep up the good work lads. I was also wondering if you guys actually play cricket? I've played to a very good level and I think you three, with your knowledge of the game, would make great captains.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 England to score more 6's than Ireland - 8/15 with PaddyPower Rating 8.5/10 An extremely poor batting collapse by Ireland against the Bangladeshi's whilst in the driving combined with the quite simple obvious difference in class leaves me feeling Ireland are not going to hit too-many 6's. ..on top of this ... http://in.news.yahoo.com/ireland-cricket-smart-against-england-porterfield-20110301-050000-388.html It would seem Ireland are looking to adopt a more conservative approach when batting. "Playing against England, it''s a special occassion for us. You know the England players so well so that''s going to work. I think any Irish sports team playing against an English side is always very special. Especially to people back home, they always want to see us get one over on the English. I hope for a positive result from the Irish team. "But for that we need to be cricket-smart when we are out there. It''s no secret that our batting let us down (against Bangladesh). There were a few soft dismissals and it''s just a matter of being tougher on ourselves. We can''t afford to give away a few wickets like that. Nothing dramatic has to change, we played well in the warm-up games and we need to be bit more ruthless with the bat this time," the skipper told reporters at M Chinnaswamy stadium today.

5pts Canada to hit more sixes than Zimbabwe at 13/8 with Bet365 2pts Canada to beat Zimbabwe at 9/2 with Betfair Not much of an explanation here except fo
-7 there and profit down to +13.7 points for the tournament. One for Ireland vs England: 7pts N O'Brien performance points 38 and over at 5/6 with Bet365 Taking this mainly due to him being one of Ireland's better players. Has experience against the majority of the England bowlers and is a handy batsman on his day. He is Ireland's wicketkeeper so could potentially have a few caught behind chances which are also a way of scoring points for this bet. Finally, Ireland have a couple of handy spinners in their ranks - if England look to get after them then a stumping is not out of the question. Fairly low line here for my money.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Small gain for me on Tuesday. :clap to everyone else with winners on a potentially tricky day. 3 for me tomorrow. 4pts Ireland +6.5wickets/75.5runs 19/20 Sportingbet Ireland are being written off way too much with this handicap. They've run England as close as a 2 run loss a couple of years ago in ODI's and we only set them 120 in the world twenty20 last year in a tournament we dominated. The Irish are good honest players who bowl straight and bat carefully but that can occasionally get the job done, it certainly puts the nerves into the opposition. In George Dockrell, Ireland have one of the best young talents in the world game. I don't like the make up of this England side. It's all well and good saying we just drew with India but if the Strauss edge in the 3rd over was appealed for and the correct decision made for Bell's plum lbw then we could've lost that by 100 runs or more. I don't like Prior at 6, I don't like him in ODI cricket full stop but that's one for the soapbox on another day. He's too inconsistant with the bat to bat at 6 for my liking. I'd like Bopara in there. Also Anderson remains a mystery. Ireland won't be surprised by England here. They played regularly against us in the county circuit so I will happily back them to stay within what is a very big handicap. 3pts A.Strauss (+0.5 runs) to beat K.Pietersen 5/6 Ladbrokes How we're getting Strauss with the tie on our side here I'll never know. KP has batted exactly like KP does so far in this tournament. Looked really good then just as he's in a position to kick on he gives his wicket away. He needs to look across to his captain who has been quite flawless, edges not appealed for aside. Generally when Strauss is in good nick he fills his boots for a good while and on what we've already seen is a beautiful wicket to bat on I expect Strauss to go fairly big again here. Ireland could open with Dockrell and he will cause Pietersen problems but this has to be taken on price and handicap line alone so I'll go with the England skipper here. 1pt ew K.O'Brien Top Ireland Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Big Kev looks a big price here. I remember sitting at the Rose Bowl a couple of years ago and watching Michael Carberry and Sean Ervine fill their boots and set Ireland a miracle chase. O'Brien then came out and played one of the best innings I've ever witnessed at the homeland. It was a fine display of hitting against what was a crash hot Hampshire bowling attack then and I knew then this guy could play. This wicket could be perfect for him. Once he's in and he's worked out it isn't doing a huge amount he can pin the ears back and start swinging for glory. He was only one short of his brother's top score on Friday in Dhaka and on a wicket which should suit him more and against an attack which he would prefer to face I'll take the big hitting all rounder to lead the Irish scorecard here.

[..snippet..] BigMac I've really enjoyed your pics and have wept tears as some of them haven't come in this world cup. I hope for you that your logic will see you turn a healthy profit by the end of the tournament. [..snippet..]
Appreciate the kind words. Those two days had me in bits but I suppose we all hit a wall at some point. Fingers crossed Trott delivers for us both tomorrow.
[..snippet..] England v Ireland, under 6.5 6's, 4pts @ Evs Skybet [..snippet..]
Sportingbet have Under 5.5 @ 6/4 which was what I was going to have but it really depends too much on the toss for me so I refrained. If Ireland bat first, I think this is a nailed on certainty, however the thought of England winning the toss and batting first really put me off. The boundaries aren't that big here and a big score from them (which I think they'll get if they go in first) would put this in serious jeopardy. Man, I hope it swings your way.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 One for me. (3/10) Bowler Match (Dockrell v Rankin) - George Dockrell @ 1.80 at WilliamHill Dockrell is definitely the more talented guy here and had a good match against Bangladesh, getting two wickets with 2.30 economy. Rankin? no wickets, 6.88 economy. I do not see that turning around in this match, even though the pitch might not be the best for Dockrell if I have the correct info.