** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

kevshat

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

England runs over 325.5 @10/11 Think they've got this line spot on however still think with form of the batsmen and depth in the side they can cover this, especially if they get off to a flyer.
Well done, thought they might have messed it up in the last few overs there. :clap

England runs over 325.5 @10/11 Think they've got this line spot on however still think with form of the batsmen and depth in the side they can cover this, especially if they get off to a flyer.
I knew it would be close but should have cruised it with trott and bell going sweetly, the rest wobbled a bit, nice 4 off Swanny sealed it.:beer GL with rest of your bets today chaps.

WIN - 7pts England Highest 15 Overs Score (-20.5 runs) 3/4 Sportingbet WIN - 4pts Batsman Matchbet Jonathon Trott to beat Ian Bell 5/6 Coral
**** me Paul Stirling had me screwing for a while there. Despite that shocker from Anderson on the boundary a few minutes ago, the 1st fifteen overs bet comes in for me along with Trott doing the business earlier. +8.57 for the day. Got my fingers crossed for all off you :hope

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Guys I've just moved a load of in-play comments to the livescore thread. This is match 15 of this tournament and the thread is already 14 pages long so the bets which we're all here for are in danger of getting lost in the in-play comments. So can we keep the in play talk for the livescore thread and stick to just betting posts in here please. Ta :ok.

-7 there and profit down to +13.7 points for the tournament. One for Ireland vs England: 7pts N O'Brien performance points 38 and over at 5/6 with Bet365
Wins with 39 points scored, +5.83 for the day and total profit onto 19.53 points. Some decent calls all round by the looks of it - in particular Kev O'Brien top bat.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Tennis has dried up a bit this week so taking my first bet of the world cup. This one stood out like a sore thumb. Dale Steyn performance 40 points & over- 8/13 Bet365- (7/10) Granted it's not the most appealing of prices but I'm really struggling to see how Steyn won't take at least a couple of wickets in this one. For some time now he has consistently knocked teams over and is acknowledged as one of the best bowlers in the international world. Watching Holland's batting against the WI wasn't the prettiest of sights, with Roach causing them all sorts of problems and the Dutch batsman not coping with him at all. Steyn should provide the same kind of problems with his pace and swing and I fail to see the Dutch upper order coping early on. He's going to be bowling the important overs in the powerplays where wickets are always likely and Steyn will know the right line and lengths to bowl. Expect Holland to struggle with the SA bowling attack and two wickets for their main man shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 3 good days for me after I reassessed the strategy for these games involving the associates. Back to just -1.3pts now. :clap to all winners today in what turned out to be a fantastic game of cricket.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Im with fishy here. Although the price has just dropped in the last half an hour to 4/7 I still think this is a good bet. Dale Steyn Player Performance 40 and Over: 4/7 Bet365 Steyn has passed a fitness test today so should play tomorrow and I expect him to cause major problems for the Netherlands. This is one of the few day matches to be played in the tournament which will be a benefit to the pace bowlers. Conditions are overcast and their is a chance of rain tomorrow. The cloud cover and the lower temperatures will mean the ball is more likely to swing early on. Also, this is one of the quickest pitches in India and will be more suited to pace. I believe the lesser teams struggle more against bowlers with real pace, shown by Malinga and Roach this week, and Steyn will be bowling around the 90mph mark tomorrow provided he is fit enough. He is arguably the best bowler in the game and I expect him to pick up the two wickets needed for this bet to come off. Might also have smaller stakes on Steyn MOTM at 8/1 with 888sport

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Just the one for me in the opening game tomorrow annoyingly there's rain around because I was looking at a couple of big priced top bats but I'll play safe with the weather around. 4pts Netherlands vs South Africa - Under 5.5 6's 5/6 Blue Square Luckily Blue Square are best price here because they pay out on an official result so we only need 20 overs in each innings to be paid out here. I like this line I must admit. Batting AB de Villiers doing something violent South Africa don't hit too many 6's and I don't see the limited Dutch batting line up getting this South African attack away for many either. On a pacey wicket Steyn and Morkel will be a handful and then Imran Tahir is very hard to read particularly for players who will be facing him for the first time. The PCA Stadium in Mohali is pretty big which again isn't conducive to six hitting. Amla, Smith and Kallis aren't naturally destructive hitters so I do like this. The last but one ODI here between India and Pakistan saw just 6 6's hit and that was 321/9 playing 322/6 so if those two are scoring 320+ and only hitting 6 6's I'm pretty sure this line won't be threatened barring something daft. As good a wicket to bat on as this is I don't see this line being covered whether there's 40 overs or 100.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Two complete mismatches tomorrow. No real value to be had anywhere. Again too much depends on the toss and there's rain around in the first match so leaving that one aside. Never actually put money down on Top Bats/Bowlers before so I willl chance my arm tomorrow and see what comes of it. 1pt M. Hafeez Pakistan Top Batsman 3/1 Boylesports I am hoping Canada win the toss & bat first tomorrow as I really don't expect them to put up much of a resistance in terms of a big score. That will obviously give the openers a clear advantage in the Top Bat market which has been reflected in bookmakers prices on the Top 3. I like Hafeez here though. He is not the most elegant batsman of all time and he doesn't have the greatest average ever but I think he'll want to take advantage of some toothless bowling and try and score big tomorrow. He hasn't got any real notable scores recently barring a good century in New Zealand in January but he is due a fifty. If Canada bat first, the chances of this increase greatly, especially with the incredibly inconsistent Shehzad at the other end. If they don't bat first, I am willin to sacrifice 1unit on him sticking around and digging in. 1pt S. Ajmal Top Pakistan Bowler 4/1 William Hill Saeed Ajmal's rise as a limited overs cricketer has been rapid in the past few years. He is a handy wicket-taker but he is also equally adept at slowing the run rate down and preventing runs being scored. He hasn't featured so far in this World Cup, nor played a competitive ODI in 2011 but will more than likely make his World Cup debut tomorrow. All ten of Canada's wickets against Netherlands fell to spin which tells us quite a bit. Ajmal is no amateur and I firmly expect him and Afridi to be turning their arm over quite abit tomorrow if he's selected. In the one warm up match he played, he had Bopara caught and also had Ian Bell stumped so he is capable of snagging a few against the big boys. Against the minnows, he should be well within reach. It's not 100% guarantee that he'll play but Pakistan are rumoured to be tinkering with their line up so in the event that he does, I'll play he makes a big impact. 1pt R. Cheema Top Canada Batsman 5/1 Boylesports, General Rizwan Cheema is a character. He comes in at #6 for Canada and literally just hits the ball as far and as hard as he can. Sometimes, it's effective and sometimes its not. He is one of the few Canadian players with Pakistani decent and I think he'll want to score well against the country of his birth. I don't think the Top Canadian score will be anything massive giving Cheema every chance of taking this as he did in the 1st match with a score of 37. I also read somewhere that Canada are thinking of re-shuffling their top order too potentially allowing him to move up a notch in the order, maybe giving him more time to free his arms abit. He usually gets a good start. I'm hoping tomorrow he builds on that and makes a name for himself.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 3 for me in the second match tomorrow. Bit of rain around in Colombo tomorrow too annoyingly although they said that on Saturday and it was nowhere to be seen. If it does arrive it never stays long so I think we've got a chance of a full match here. 5pts Pakistan -7.5wickets/150.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet As I said on Tuesday, the two associate nations in this group are nowhere near the required standard to be successful here. Zimbabwe showed that against Canada on Monday and they are meant to be the worst of the full member sides in this group. Pakistan will pile up the runs with the bat with the likes of Younis and Umar in good nick as well as Misbah should he play. Canada have made 122 and 123 in their opening two matches and I think Pakistan have a much better all round attack than both of them. The way the Canadians have played spin in this tournament has been a joke really so I expect Afridi and Ajmal to go through these if Razzaq and Shoaib/Wahab haven't already. Even were Canada to improve a lot with the emotion of playing against the land where a few of em were born I still can't see them topping 150 with the bat unless the 2003 version of Davison shows up. Kamran and Younis are in good enough nick to chase that down if the openers don't do it. If Zimbabwe can make 298 against this Canadian attack Pakistan should clear 300 which again means Canada's best of 150 won't be enough. Solid punt on the handicap which would be a lot stronger but for the changeable nature of this wicket under lights. 3pts S.Afridi's Performance Pts - 58&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shahid Afridi has 9 wickets from two matches in this tournament, 4 of them on this track against Sri Lanka on Saturday and if Sri Lanka aren't playing him well there's no way this lot are going to. The danger here really is that Shoaib plays and goes through them but with Rehman out and Ajmal seemingly out of favour for some reason the skipper might bring himself on early. Should Pakistan bat first Afridi could come in at some point and go bonkers. Canada's bowling has got 7 wickets against Sri Lanka and 9 wickets against Zimbabwe so if Pakistan bat first there's a fair chance they will get Afridi in. As I say even if Canada bat first and do a ten-pin bowling job Afridi could take 3 with him. With Afridi captain I won't walk into no Sangakkara ridiculous bowling changes so I'm happy to hit this line. 0.5pts ew H.Baidwan Top Canada Batsman 25/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Harvir Baidwan can hold a bat which in this Canadian line up has to give him a sporting chance here. Canada's top order is either young or awful and both in some cases so the lower order is always going to have a chance. Baidwan's made 16 not out against Sri Lanka which was good enough for 3rd place and 13 not out against Zimbabwe where he could've had 8 more overs if they weren't bowled out and was only chasing a top score of 26. In fact only one man in two innings has topped 30 for Canada which highlights the potential for someone down the order providing some sort of a payout. He's got an ODI best of 33 and a list A best of 38 so he can clearly wield the willow and at 25/1 I'll pay the dosh and take my chance.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Pakistan runs over Pakistan over 324.5 runs @ 10/11 bet365 Basically same line as the eng innings bs ire, except this one shouldn't be as close! Canada leaked 332 vs Sri Lanka and 298 against zimbabwe they look way out of their depth, they won't 'do an ireland' today , pakistan batting has looked good, openers might need to step on it a bit, should be confident after beating Sri Lanka in their own back yard.

Tennis has dried up a bit this week so taking my first bet of the world cup. This one stood out like a sore thumb. Dale Steyn performance 40 points & over- 8/13 Bet365- (7/10) Granted it's not the most appealing of prices but I'm really struggling to see how Steyn won't take at least a couple of wickets in this one. For some time now he has consistently knocked teams over and is acknowledged as one of the best bowlers in the international world. Watching Holland's batting against the WI wasn't the prettiest of sights, with Roach causing them all sorts of problems and the Dutch batsman not coping with him at all. Steyn should provide the same kind of problems with his pace and swing and I fail to see the Dutch upper order coping early on. He's going to be bowling the important overs in the powerplays where wickets are always likely and Steyn will know the right line and lengths to bowl. Expect Holland to struggle with the SA bowling attack and two wickets for their main man shouldn't be too much to ask for.
LOSS Quite suprised he didn't bag another wicket but Tahir wrapped it up for them. 10 points short of the target unfortunately.

Pakistan runs over Pakistan over 324.5 runs @ 10/11 bet365 Basically same line as the eng innings bs ire, except this one shouldn't be as close! Canada leaked 332 vs Sri Lanka and 298 against zimbabwe they look way out of their depth, they won't 'do an ireland' today , pakistan batting has looked good, openers might need to step on it a bit, should be confident after beating Sri Lanka in their own back yard.
Dear oh dear. Poor batting, shocking.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Sport Cricket Event Bangladesh v West Indies Selection Bangladesh Strength 10/10 Date 04/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.25 Reasoning Hard to ignore this price. Bangladesh at home and a solid unit in these conditions. They were smashed by India and struggled a bit against Ireland, but hey that doesn't seem too bad now! West Indies are an explosive team with a lot of talent, but you never know how they will perform. Bowling also looks a bit thin and backing them heavy odds on pre match here seems very wrong.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 -8.8 for me now after a poor Thursday. 4 in the opening match tomorrow. 2pts Zimbabwe to beat New Zealand 9/2 Sportingbet 5pts Zimbabwe +4.5 wickets/49.5 runs 8/11 Sportingbet I really think Zimbabwe will be competitive in this match. I'm not in the slightest bit convinced that this Kiwi top order can play spin and if they can't they're in trouble here because they are going to face 40+ overs of it on a slow wicket. Zimbabwe had Australia penned down in their opening match on this ground but Australia had an excellent player of spin in Michael Clarke to get them out of it. Do New Zealand? Not for me. Zimbabwe come into the match with a lot of momentum. Their batsmen performed very well for them from 7/2 in the last game and the bowlers bowled very well. New Zealand were garbage against Australia and while they walloped Kenya first up, so has everyone so we can't really use that as a good form guide. Zimbabwe have come to this world cup to take a scalp with them and this is perfectly ripe to be the one. I'll chance them winning because I really think with so much pressure on them that NZ won't perform well it's just whether Zimbabwe know how to win however whether they win it or not I'm much more confident on what looks a way too big handicap. 4pts G.Cremer's Performance Pts - 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line looks sufficiently low for a guy who has bowled and batted very well in this competition. His leggies were coming out a treat against Canada and I'm sure they will trouble New Zealand in this match. He's no mug with the bat either though and could easily cover this with that if he has long enough to bat. He scored 57pts here against Australia with a wicket and 37 runs and then 96 points against Canada with 3 wickets, a catch and 26 runs. This line just looks way too low on a cricketer who can cover this with ball or bat and very easily with a combo of both. Definitely the overs for me here. 1pt ew N.McCullum Top New Zealand Batsman 25/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) This is an amazingly stupid price I think. It could be argued without much arguement needed in fairness that Nathan McCullum is New Zealand's most in form batsman and more importantly is comfortable playing spin. He's got 3 half centuries in his last 4 innings which highlights both New Zealand's inability to play spin and how brittle their top order is. When New Zealand toured India in December last year, McCullum contributed a 35 and a 43 - both good enough to come 2nd so he's got form in the conditions, he top scored for New Zealand in their last game against Australia and he plays spin. At 25/1 I'm definitely investing in the older McCullum to lead us to the gold in this match.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 My first foray into picking Top Bats/Bowlers was an unsuccessful one. Minor. Going in with the following in the later game: 2pts Bangladesh to beat West Indies 2/1 Ladbrokes Had to take this price because it's simply too large. Earlier on today this was at 5/2 which is just outrageous. There is definitely not that much difference between the two sides and the fact that Bangladesh are playing at home too just adds to how much I think they're in with a significant shout tomorrow. This Dhaka pitch will be incredibly slow and boring. The average 1st innings score here is something awful like 235 and barring a mad 175 knock from Sehwag, it hasn't seen a first innings score above 250 in 10 ODI's. This will suit Bangladesh down to the ground. They are used to these conditions and will have a multitude off spin bowlers to tie down West Indies like they did to Ireland. The West Indies can't play spin. Against South Africa, spin accounted for seven of their ten wickets and 6 of their 8 that fell to Netherlands were again 'pace-off' the ball. The West Indies aren't a bad side don't get me wrong, when they fire they're very good but I just feel that if Gayle goes cheaply then Bangladesh are in with a solid fight. A fight that represents serious value at 2/1. 4pts Mushfiqur Rahim Performance Pts 35 & Over 5/6 Bet365 Low line for a wicket-keeper who bats at #4. Definitely feel that this is capable especially with quite a few bowlers who he will stand up to the stumps to in his side. He got a stumping against Ireland and the West Indies aren't short of attacking players who may look to come down the wicket once or twice. He's also handy with the bat and has a decent record at this ground. 9 of his last 10 ODI games have been here and he averages 29.67 in those matches. Anything near that and a catch will do me nicely. 1pt ew Shivnarine Chanderpaul Top W Indies Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5, 1-3) Shiv will more than likely come into bat midway through the alloted overs for the West Indies when the spinners are in full tilt. He is probably the best batsman they have at manouvring them around the park and will provide perfect anchoring for the West Indies batting line-up. I'm still not convinced their top order are all in great nick and I think Shiv should get enough time at the crease to at least have time to place. He plays the Misbah-Ul-Haq role in this side and his average of 41.42 is nothing to be sniffed upon. His recent form is nothing groundbreaking but someone of his class is never too far away from a big innings. Hopefully he does the business tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 3 for the 2nd game. 3pts D.Smith's Match runs - Over 27.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Devon Smith has cleared this line in both matches so far and has an average of 39.25 over 5 innings against Bangladesh which includes beating this line on 3 of the 5 occasions. Appears to be in good touch and is a good foil for Gayle. With Bangladesh having 5 or 6 overs of seam before the spin comes out he'll have enough time to get in and score a few before the spin arrives so I'll go for him to make it past 27 for the 3rd successive match. 3pts D.Thomas' Performance Pts - 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. I like what I've seen of Devon Thomas so far. Bangladesh have had a batsman stumped in both their innings so far and Benn, Miller and Gayle can easily draw someone out of their crease again here. Were a stumping to come along then this line is as good as covered. He's batting at 7 or 8 which is high enough to get in I think and he's looked like a fairly capable batsman so far. The line isn't the biggest for a keeper so I'll take the overs here. 2pts K.Roach Top West Indies Bowler 5/2 William Hill Kemar Roach took a 5 for and a 4 for in the last ODI series between these two. Admittedly that was in West Indies but the wickets out there ain't as quick as they were. He showed on Monday that he can run through a side on a slow wicket and with his two best career figures prior to Monday were against Bangladesh. If the spinners share a few Roach can polish the tail off like Shafiul did to Ireland last week. 5/2 ain't a huge price but he goes well against Bangladesh and is a real destructive force so it's Roach for me.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Only one for the game in the morning: 4pts Over 14 Wickets to Fall in the Match 11/10 Sportingbet If New Zealand bat first I think this is a nailed on certainty. I still think they're a team struggling to find their feet and I think Zimbabwe have a good enough bowling attack to get them at least 5 down. On the flipside, I can see Zimbabwe being all out or at least 8 down at the end of the match. I really wasn't that overly impressed with how NZ performed against Australia. Their middle order looked very frail and their top order never fired either. On their day, their seamers can do damage but against Australia they weren't saying much at all. If they do bat first and last the 50, I expect them to lose a few wickets in the last ten overs as most teams do and as I said, I expect Zimbabwe to lose a few too whether thay bat first or second. Happy to play here at odds against with small-ish stakes.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 5pts Chris Gayle player performance 55pts or over at 5/6 with Bet365 At first this appears to be a high line, but for someone who has 3 genuine scoring methods here I feel that it is most certainly attainable. Doesn't need me to tell anyone how explosive the big man can be with the bat at the beginning of an innings. He could clear this in 10 overs if he's really in the mood. In the past he has struggled against spin opening the bowling at times, but with Bangladesh I reckon he'll get pace to start off with. Even if he doesn't I fancy him to be smart here as he is one of the senior members of the side. He is always in decent fielding positions and has a safe pair of hands, not to mention the fact that he is Windies' second spinner. Think he will cover this quite easily. 10pts double West Indies x NZ to hit most 6s vs Bangladesh/Zimbabwe at 2.33 with PaddyPower Max bet for me here on 2 teams full of 6 hitters. West Indies first need no real explanation. They have lost Dwanye Bravo, but still have Gayle, Pollard, Sammy, Darren Bravo, and Sarwan who can all clear the ropes. They have hit 14 sixes in their first 2 games and I expect this to rise tomorrow against Bangladesh. Bangladesh have a few players capable of clearing the ropes, but nothing on the level of the Windies lads here. As always, if Pollard or Gayle fire then this bet is won - simple as that. New Zealand I am also happy to take due to the fact that Zimbabwe bowl so much spin - 30/40 overs at times. Guptil, McCullum, Ryder, Ross Taylor, Styris, and even Nathan McCullum can hit 6s. Zimbabwe have very little by way of 6 hitters and again you have to fancy NZ on this particular market. Zimbabwe posted almost 300 against Canada yet only hit 2 sixes. They then conceded 2 sixes despite Canada only hitting 123. Just seems a mismatch here in terms of big hitters.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Kevshat; you seem to be very knowledgeable bout most sports. Was thinking of tailing your bets. Hope you dont mind me asking, whats your best sport? How do you find time to do so many sports, do you do this full time? Finally whats your y-td total on all your sports so far this year and where you up in 2010? All the best mate, looking forward to making some £

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Well this is some bullshit. Nothing you can do when a team gets bowled out for 58. Think we just need to forget about this one and move on. Scrolling up, I can't even see a single winner. Let's turn this shit around tomorrow.