Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

South Africa vs West Indies - World Cup - J Botha Performance points 30 & over 5/6 bet365 1pt per run, 10 per catch, 20 per wicket. Looks a little low, for the SA spinner, west indies might go after him and as result he Might pick up a couple of wickets, no mug with the bat and is a decent fielder who usually is in catching positions, line looks a bit low
Botha clears it with the second wicket of the match, yay :beer

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 As the first round of matches draw to a close there are two batsmen who have looked in absolutely magnificent touch so far. Mahela Jayawardena for Sri Lanka looked in imperious form in the thrashing of Canada, and today AB De Villiers for South Africa. I will be very interested to see what price AB is...will be very tempted by a big double on the pair to be their country's top run scorer. Jayawardena is 7/4 with BEtfred, and Unibet at the moment. Fortunately South Africa aren't chasing that high a total so even if AB gets a big score he could still be a very backable price.

As the first round of matches draw to a close there are two batsmen who have looked in absolutely magnificent touch so far. Mahela Jayawardena for Sri Lanka looked in imperious form in the thrashing of Canada, and today AB De Villiers for South Africa. I will be very interested to see what price AB is...will be very tempted by a big double on the pair to be their country's top run scorer. Jayawardena is 7/4 with BEtfred, and Unibet at the moment. Fortunately South Africa aren't chasing that high a total so even if AB gets a big score he could still be a very backable price.
Sehwag, Kohli & Sangakkara haven't looked too shabby either after 1 match.:ok

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 :notworthysome good work in here guys I've been away from computre but enjoyed the start of this. Australia v New Zealand Top Australia Bat Clarke 1 point @ 5/1 Will Hill Clarke in the sub continent is a totally different prospect to when he is on a bouncy, pacy wicket. He looks comfortable and has time playing predominantly off the back foot. He is competent against SPIN and will score steadily in the middle overs. His form is decent and he top scored in the last match which is a bonus for confidence. Ponting still looksrusty and short of form, whilst Haddinseems to give his wicket away to often, so I'm happy to take Clarke at the 5/1 price and batting at number 4. Top NZ Bat R.Taylor 1pt @ 4/1 Will Hill Again Tayor will bat at 4 and is the class man in this line up. He can play second fiddle to the man in such as Guptil or McCullum as he demonstrated in the Pakistan series, yet he can also chase the game and explode scoring very quick runs. You have to say that this NZ batting line up are inconsistent at best, but I'd go for brittle. Taylor a 4/1 is good enough for me, especially when you consider Australia's opening bowlers. Top Australia Bowler Krezja 1pt @ 5/1 Bet 365 I was impressed with Krezja in the Kenya match and he certainly looks to take wickets with the rip he puts on the ball. His flight is impressive and I'm certain he will continue to take wickets as long as a) he is selected and b) he bowls his full quota of overs. But at 5/1 considering what the wicket was like in the England match and how Swann bowled; it's got to be Krezja - the pace trio are all too short for me and the wicket didn't offer assistance to Jimmy, Brooad and Bresnan against lesser quality batsmen. Top NZ Bowler Styris 1pt @ 12/1 Will Hill This price looks too big. Styris didn't bowl in the demolition of Kenya, but that was on a very different wicket and against inferior opposition. He will have a big role to play in tomorrows game with his slow off cutters and line and length deliveries he could pose some problems. He performed very well against Pakistan in the recent series and I see him doing a similar job to Collingwood and picking up some cheap wickets as the Aussies look to up the scoring rate.

WIN - 5pts South Africa Highest 15 Over Score (-4.5 runs) 5/6 Sportingbet LOSS -3pts AB De Villiers Performance Pts 50 & Over 5/6 Bet365
Annoyingly South Africa were three runs short of covering the handicap. De Villiers brought the goods in but it still means a loss for the day in the cricket. Seem to flipping win one and lose one everyday! That Botha line looked too good to be true so well done anyone who got on that. Duminy placed too nice shout there at a good price Kev. Back later for tomorrow's double header.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 An early make-or-break day in the tournament. - 5pts Australia To Concede Over 15.5 Extras 5/6 Ladbrokes Australia have covered this line three times on the spin since they landed on the subcontinent conceding 18, 19 and 29 extras in their matches so far. This a game they are expected to win and will more than likely line up with Tait, Lee and Mitchell all bringing ridiculous pace to Nagpur. I can't imagine there being not one set of five wides at some point in the match which should aid this nicely. Even if you take this further back to the ODI series with England, they conceded more than 16 extras four times out of seven (with the majority of them being wides from the three bowlers aforementioned). Definitely expect them to roll out some more tomorrow and I predict New Zealand batting long enough for them to be racked up too. - 4pts New Zealand to hit the Most 6's 11/8 StanJames I think NZ are worth a dabble here at this price. If you line up their teams and look at how many natural big-hitters there are then you would agree New Zealand clear this by some distance. Watson/Haddin/White COULD clear the ropes for Australia with Clarke and maybe Lee chipping in too whereas Guptill, Mccullum, Ryder, Styris & Oram are all good and arguably more reliable swingers of the bat. New Zealand will have alot more pace coming onto the ball and which will help them out a bit and if one of the big boys gets in then this could be easy. Watson can be destructive as we all know but he will get little opportunity opening the batting. Ryder/Styris/Franklin etc all come in later and they'll more than likely be facing SteveSmith/David Hussey at that time again providing opportunities to hit maximimums. Coral do this at 6/4 if anyone is also interested. Don't have an account over there so will stick with the next best. - 1pt Nathan Mccullum Top New Zealand Bowler 6/1 Willhill Australia aren't the best against spin and I think this is worth a very small punt at this price. Mcculum keeps it tight and will be bowling on a pitch where spin has been prominent in the past. New Zealands bowling attack is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes Southee/Bennett will take five-fors and sometimes they will be awful. Mcculum has an outside chance of taking this and word is he may even lineup with the new ball. I think he could finish the day with two wickets tomorow and if he does, he'll be well in with a shout. - 4pts Shakib Al. Hasan Performance Pts Over 49.5 5/6 Boylesports I have no idea how Ireland will fare tomorrow so I am sticking away from the majority of markets in that match. I do know that Shakib is a top player though and 2 wickets and 10 runs is not beyond him by any means. He could clear this with the bat alone and he could clear this with the ball alone too, not to mention the opportunities of catchesin the field. Bet365 have this line set at 55.5 and I was contemplating taking that on so definitely happy to take this over at Boyles. Hoping for a Bangladeshi win and hoping this comes in without too much fuss.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 +5.2 for me today. +1.54 overall now. 4 in the opener tomorrow. 3pts New Zealand Highest 1st 15 overs Evs Betfred Australia were very circumspect in their opening 15 overs against Zimbabwe on Monday and they hardly scored at all off Price and Utseya in that time. It looked to me like they don't trust their middle order which is weird because Johnson and Lee are down at 8 and 9 in this line up. New Zealand will go with Nathan McCullum and Vettori in this opening 15 overs not to mention the tight Jacob Oram so if the Australian openers don't want to play shots again here then I don't think they'll score too many. New Zealand will lose wickets when they bat, I'm sure of that, but they come loaded with hitters at the top of the order and will have plenty of pace to work with. Even if Australia do play some shots at the top I'm not so sure this Kiwi attack will concede the most runs in the opening 15 overs so evens on NZ to lead through 15 looks good to me. 4pts S.Styris' Performance Pts - 34&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Scott Styris averages 49.25 against the Aussies in ODI cricket at a strike rate not a million miles away from a run a ball so he will enjoy this match. He's spoken out about how he wants to go well for the earthquake victims which will give him extra motivation. Even if he has a bit of a shocker with the bat this line is low enough for him to cover it with the ball. I don't think he'll bowl his entire allocation of overs here but the ones he does bowl his off cutters and slower balls could well be quite effective on what is a pretty dead Nagpur wicket. He isn't the worst fielder known to man either so this looks a really low total and one I'm happy to be on the overs in. 3pts Over 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The two matches on this ground between full test playing nations have seen 8 6's and 7 6's with the latter involving Sri Lanka. The boundaries here aren't the biggest as we saw in the England game the other day when ten Doeschate was clearing them at will. This is a day match so we've no need to worry about dew and any other conditions like that. New Zealand have a top 7 which can bash 6's on most grounds and the likes of Watson, Haddin, White and Hussey can all do it for Australia. Although Australia aren't the biggest hitting side these days, this Kiwi attack is of the pace which can go and on what is a pretty small total I'll take the overs. 1pt ew J.Franklin Top New Zealand Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) James Franklin is slotted in at 5 in this New Zealand line up and that's fine by me as if all goes to plan he'll avoid the heavy artillery and face the shittier bowlers. Lee, Tait and Johnson will be bowling in the opening 15 overs so he can come in between 20-30 overs then he'll be facing the likes of Smith, Krezja and Watson where he can knock them around before he goes bonkers in the powerplay. Franklin went well with the bat for the Kiwis on their tour of India last year and in conditions which should suit his style of batting he looks a big price for a batting line up I still can't have complete confidence in.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 And 3 for the 2nd game. 2pts Ireland to beat Bangladesh 3/1 Bet365 I think Ireland are huge here. The only pressure on them is their own expectations whereas Bangladesh are under all sorts of pressure from the crowds, from their critics and from many others who fancy them to qualify from this group. They're not used to winning enough for me to fancy them at a short price and if you were to take Tamim and Shakib out of this side and it's not much better than an English county side, a level a lot of these Irish players excel in. Ireland have beaten Bangladesh in both meetings the two have had in global events. In 50 overs in the world cup and over 20 overs at Trent Bridge. Although conditions will suit Bangladesh more this time with a lot less pressure on them I'll take Ireland to make it a global event hat trick over the Bangladeshi's. 4pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - Over 49.5 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shakib scored 75pts on this ground against India on Saturday and his side will need him to stand up even more with the pressure on here. He'll have faced most of this Irish attack in his spell in county cricket last season so could easily cover this with the bat, especially if Bangladesh were to bat 1st. He's the only genuine class act with the ball in this line up so he'll be the one putting the most pressure on the Ireland batsmen. Being captain he'll be fielding in good catching positions so 3 good scoring methods should equate to 50pts or more in this match. 3pts Over 15.5 wides 5/6 William Hill Ireland aren't particularly disciplined with the ball and in Boyd Rankin they have a serial wide offender. Bangladesh conceded plenty of wides to India on Saturday and the pressure will be ramped up even more here as could the nerves if Ireland go on the attack. Both sides have a good mix of left and right handers which often helps a bet like this and with that in mind and the nerves and tension around I think this line will be covered.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 top Ireland bat Botha - 1 point @ 10/1 Bet365 He is a steady batsman, who is likely to bat at number 4. Stirling was a close call but I plumper for these outrageous odds. He is not a star like Joyce or o'brien but is certainly not a 10/1 shot so value has priced me in here as well as his experience and big match temperament. Top Ireland bowler Dockrell - 1 point @ 7/2 will Hill George shot to fame in the last world cup and his left arm SPIN will be the obvious danger from Ireland on a pitch that is predicted to play to bangladeshs strengths and be a turner. He has great control for one so young and will build pressure on the batsmen. He will bowl all 10 overs and I think he will pick up at least 2 wickets.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Going to skip the Aus vs NZ game. I like the look of NZ most sixes for reasons explained in Bigmac's writeup - not to mention that he forgot the biggest hitter of all in Ross Taylor. Still, a game to swerve for me. One in the 2nd game: 5pts Bangladesh -7.5runs first 15 over handicap at 5/6 with SportingBet Think this is huge value here on the Bangladesh openers. Iqbal, Kayes, and Siddique are not players that hang around when it comes to the opening powerplays. All are aggressive players who look to take advantage of field restrictions and get their team off to a good start. Bangladesh hit 93 after 15 overs against India - a significantly better attack than Ireland's (despite Sreesanth being sh1te), and they have experience of playing in the conditions at Dhaka. They conceded 104 against India, but that is against arguably the best top 3 in world cricket. I feel Bangladesh have a huge edge here and think that they will cover this line comfortably. I was going to back Iqbal overs on the player performance, but I've gone for what I feel is the safer bet.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 I'll be following Kev on the Ireland @ 4.00 bet. I expect Bangladesh to win but it won't be an easy one and there is every chance Ireland could sneak a win with a couple of key wickets early and a big innings by one of their top 4. I've also gone with Australia to beat NZ @ 1.36. I just think Australia are still a dominant force in ODI's and while NZ do relish the Trans-Tasman contests, they haven't actually won the Chappell-Hadley trophy since 2007 against a weakened Australian side with their mind of the World Cup (in 2007). NZ were great against Kenya, but I question how much help an easy win like that over a minnow will be coming into a game against the #1 ranked ODI team in the world. Both bets were taken with my local. Best of luck everyone! :ok

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Hi Punters! I was looking for tomorrow the Sri Lanka match and the Win for the locals is 1/2. In my opinion is quite good because playing at home (Colombo) against Pakistán which is a good team but I think quite far from their best form, it looks good to me. I think there is a little bit of value I expected a little bit less than that 1/3 or similar.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 In fact they are so in it I can't believe they are odds against. 4pts Ireland to beat Bangladesh 2.40 Betfair Not going to say too much more than I did pre-match. 206 isn't a huge target and they have some good players of spin with the likes of Porterfield, Joyce and Niall O'Brien all used to playing spin on their county tracks. Pressure is on Bangladesh to bowl Ireland out but if they get off to a good start they could win this with as many as 10 overs to spare.

5pts Bangladesh -7.5runs first 15 over handicap at 5/6 with SportingBet
Wins well enough. Up to +15 points profit for the tournament now, decent going considering my horror day not long ago. Good luck with the Ireland call lads. Too close to call atm, although if Ireland bat smart they'll surely come close.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Not quite sure why Ireland didn't take the powerplay when K. O'Brien was in if he was the last player who was going to have a go at the bowlers. Teams don't seem to have any strategy whatsoever when it comes to powrplays. Every captain seems to think you have to take the batting powerplay in the 40-50th overs and the bowling one after the 10th over.... Nevertheless, Ireland had a real good go at this today! Certainly much closer than the odds suggested. Onto tomorrow. :ok

4 pts - Ireland to win - 5/4 - Betfred 205 to is the target and i think Ireland have plenty of batting power to get through to this total and going at 4 an over they should overcome the host here. Good luck Kev and Co!
Extremely disappointment with that. No discipline at all.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 That was a disaster of a day with only the Shakib performance coming in. I was a bit unlucky with Ireland who absolutely threw that away and even more unlucky with the wides with Dar given 5 wides as 4 leg byes :eyes. IN the NZ match, how Styris wafts at 3 balls, gets a thin edge on one and then has a damaged figure keeping him off the field I'm not sure but it all adds up to me being -16.12 overall now. I'm going with 4 tomorrow. 3pts Pakistan to beat Sri Lanka 7/4 VC I'm not a huge stats punter but even though this wicket has been relayed again the simple fact is 13 of the last 14 teams batting first here have won. Given that the toss is clearly so important and the toss of a coin is an even money shot Pakistan are huge value at 7/4. If the toss doesn't go their way we've always got the knowledge that they can be destructive on their day and force this to an early finish, especially with Sri Lanka so heavily reliant on their top 4. Pakistan have a good record against Sri Lanka too, especially in these global tournaments with them winning 8 out of 9. They won the World twenty20 final against them at Lords in 2009 so there's every reason to be confident. Malinga isn't fully fit and if he plays it will be just because it's Pakistan rather than him being fully fit whereas dare I say it, Pakistan look quite settled. If this was a normal match on even terms between first innings and second I would say Pakistan were just a smidgeon big but throw in the stats and if they win the toss they are huge. 5pts Pakistan Most 6's 6/5 Boylesports I've said all I need to say about Sri Lanka and their 6 hitting in previous matches and the simple fact is they continue to not hit many. If they are only swiping Canada's attack for 2 6's - admittedly on a huge outfield - then they aren't going to have a whole lot more joy against this Pakistan one. In Umar, Afridi and Razzaq, Pakistan have huge hitting covered. Then there's Misbah who's going well right now and even Shehzad and Hafeez could put loose deliveries away. I can't have Pakistan odds against let alone this big so this 6/5 looks huge on the 6 hitting which given the power the likes of Umar, Afridi and Razzaq have, won't be affected if the wicket does slow up like the old one did. 3pts Pakistan Total Extras - Over 14.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Pakistan concede a lot of extras normally as their discipline isn't there at all. Shoaib slides down leg side a lot and his pace leads to leg byes, Gul concedes no balls like he's been in touch with mystery agents and the spinners can also concede byes/leg byes. Pakistan conceded 11 extras in 33 overs against Kenya on Wednesday and that was without being under pressure. Sri Lanka are likely to put the pressure on a bit more here so I think the 15 extras is well within reach. 1pt U.Akmal Man of the Match 20/1 Blue Square I think this is a big price. Given the potential one sided nature of this match if Pakistan bat 1st then Umar would be half way there in terms of being on the right side of the toss for his skill. In his first match on this ground he hit an unbeaten 102 against Sri Lanka - his maiden ODI ton so it will be a ground which holds fond memories for him. He comes into this after top scoring for Pakistan against the Kenyans on Wednesday and there was talk before the event begun that he could split Younis and Misbah to keep the run rate ticking over. At 6 he's still got a chance of doing something but at 5 he really has so at 20/1 I'll give Umar a go to repeat his ton of the first time he was here.

WIN - 5pts Australia To Concede Over 15.5 Extras 5/6 Ladbrokes LOSS - 4pts New Zealand to hit the Most 6's 11/8 StanJames WIN - 4pts Shakib Al. Hasan Performance Pts Over 49.5 5/6 Boylesports
Somehow, the WillHill app on my iTouch fxcked up and never placed the Mcullum bet and somehow New Zealand managed to get 206 runs without hitting a single 6 earlier on :( Shakib turned it on in the second match today which was nice as I have 3pts on Bangladesh reaching the Quarters. I feel for everyone on Ireland today, definitely the match of the tournament so far and at one point it looked like alot of people in here were going to win some serious money. Tomorrows game should be a great match though. I actually fancy Pakistan to win tomorrow and was very close to taking them on Sportingbet's handicap. Will play with caution though and go with the following: 3pts Fall of 1st Sri Lanka Wicket Over 30.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes I read before the World Cup on one of those brilliant Cricinfo blogs that the Sri Lankan opening pair of Dilshan and Tharanga have the highest average as an opening pair of any international team since January 2009. I was trying to dig the article out again but I couldn't find it so I hit the archives and did some calculations of my own. In their last 20 innings opening together, Tharanga and Dilshan have put on 1129 runs which works out at an average of 56.45 with four of those twenty being century stands. If you take their most recent form, their last three stands (including the warm-up games) have gone 117, 67, 63. They're a good opening partnership and will be facing Shoaib and Gul tomorrow who have been off the pace for some time now. I am on Dilshan being Top Tournament Batsman and he's in good nick with the bat having hit 50 last time out. Usually I am that guy that bets on something that has been happening for a while to continue and bam, it goes tits up but I don't think this will be one of those things. 31 runs is easy for these too and 3 units says they'll clear this tomorrow at the Sri Lankan home of cricket. 4pts Pakistan Most 6's 6/5 Boylesports New Zealand fxcked me up with this yesterday but Pakistan should come through tomorrow. Unsure as to why they're odds against actually. Afridi, Razzak and the Akmal brothers have this on lockdown without even mentioning the potential power from Hafeez/Shehzad/Gul. Sri Lanka have brilliant batsman but they don't strike you as natural 6 hitters. They only hit two against Canada the other day and if Afridi bowls anything like he did against Kenya they're going to find it increasingly difficult to play against. 3pts K. Akmal Performance Pts Over 41.5 5/6 Boylesports I just feel this is a touch low. I've mentioned before about wicket-keepers are being very successful so far this tournament in terms of performance points and Kamran was one of the ones that are. Pakistan will probably have pace-off the ball coming from Afridi, Abdur Rehman and Hafeez tomorrow and pace on the ball coming from Gul, Akhtar and/or Wahab. The possibility of a catch and a stumping are ever-present whilst 42 with the bat is not that beyond his capabilities also. I actually would've thought that this was going to be nearer the 50 mark than the 40 mark so I will play here on him passing 42 with boyles. Especially when 365 have this set at 47.5.