Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Verdasco x Almagro Double @ 2.02 (Pinnacle:4pts) Verdasco seems to be improving, cant see him losing to Istomin here. Beat Karlovic in 2 last night with a break in each set which is a good result. Still not convinced Istomin is playing his best stuff right now...some really bad losses this year to likes of Seppi and Hernych without much fight. Couple of tight wins here this week but not that impressive....Verdasco beat him in 3 in San Jose last year but I remember Istomin having a good week that time and looking pretty dangerous....dont see him in that form this time. Almagro all the way for me.Not sure how much to read into Bellucci's poor loss to Chela...he had an injury...Almagro on the other hand comes in in good shape.Crushed Souza and Machado..Chela will probably be a tougher nut to crack but I still expect Almagro to come through here. GL!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Tsonga vs Berdych: Over 23.5 games @Pinnacle 2.000 Berdych is slight favourite in this one, probably because of the ranking. His play is based on untreturnable service and offensive approach. In his yesterday's match against Tursunov, he did show that he is not error prone in longer rallyes that were often ended by Tomas UE. Tsonga, too, is a powerful server and posesses attacking style of game. He, however, is worse returner than Tomas. I would say that we will see plenty of love or "to 15" games with extremely small number of breakpoints. Longer rallyes on Tsonga serve will be ended by Berdych UE's, which will help Tsonga to keep up with Tomas. One tie-break almost guaranteed, two highly probable. also playing Wickmayer > Kvitova @ Pinnacle 1.763 as suggested by WinningTipster

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Monfils was a push unfortunately, so 4-2 yesterday. Will be taking some more today of course. Dolgopolov is playing well, so the outright is looking nice at the moment. (5/10) M.Baghdatis to bt. I.Ljubicic @ 1.45 at Pinnacle Definitely might be worth taking in a double with something else. Baghdatis is playing very well and I think that Ljubicic is somewhat similar to Lopez in serve. He is stronger from the baseline, but weaker at the net and the net-play is the main worry from Baghdatis. From the baseline, he can outhit him easily and since Ljubicic is not really the fastest man around, I can see Baghdatis coming through this, although possibly after a struggle. (3/10) A.Dolgopolov (-3) to bt. R.Mello @ 1.90 at Pinnacle Can definitely see this becoming -3.5 as the match draws closer. Dolgopolov is playing really well and without any problems. Won the games he needed to win, broken in those he needed to break, etc. Mello is of course playing at home and has a solid win against Andujar, but he is definitely worse player than Starace and I think Dolgopolov can really win this easily. (2/10) T.Berdych (-1.5) to bt. J.W.Tsonga @ 1.95 at Pinnacle Lower stakes recommeneded, but worth a try. Berdych has really matured and is playing well at the moment. I would not factor that struggle with Tursunov too much to be honest, it is a bad match-up for him. Tsonga, on the other hand, has a lot of downs during his game I think. I also think his movement was suspicous during the match with Llodra. Lower stakes for me, but worth a try. I have some others in mind too, but I will stay away for now and maybe come back later.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Agreed on Wickmayer. Really missed the boat on the price which Slider got yesterday at 2.10. But I think this is the end of the line for Kvitova...she's hasn't played great this week, spent alot of time on court and Wickmayer already has a positive 3-1 h2h lead over her. I do rate Kvitova higher in general and think she'll have a better career but feel this is the right spot to fade her this week. First match on today in Paris aswell in a half an hour or so....which I think also works against Kvitova here. Wickmayer to beat Kvitova @ 1.743 (Pinnacle:5pts)

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

(3/10) A.Dolgopolov (-3) to bt. R.Mello @ 1.90 at Pinnacle Can definitely see this becoming -3.5 as the match draws closer. Dolgopolov is playing really well and without any problems. Won the games he needed to win, broken in those he needed to break, etc. Mello is of course playing at home and has a solid win against Andujar, but he is definitely worse player than Starace and I think Dolgopolov can really win this easily.
Was going to take this as well mate, but refrained because of the outright. Guaranteed good profit from the each way if Dolgo wins this. Not sure I want to throw any more on it.

Was going to take this as well mate' date=' but refrained because of the outright. Guaranteed good profit from the each way if Dolgo wins this. Not sure I want to throw any more on it.[/quote'] Of course, but I am willing to risk some more, since I was quite impressed with him so far.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I will be taking one more for the day, the rest is just tough to call (anything can happen in Troicki/Cilic in my opinion), so will stay away. Hopefully, the South American tournament brings the goods and we will see a final between Dolgopolov and Almagro. (3/10) N.Almagro to bt. J.I.Chela @ 1.52 at Pinnacle The odds are not spectacular, but I cannot see Chela getting another win. He struggled in every single match he played, even the injured Brazilian Bellucci had some chances on his serve, which is not good enough when you are going to meet a great clay courter that can play well even against Nadal himself. He should definitely set up the final here.

Yanina Wickmayer to beat Petra Kvitova @ 11/10 (BET 365) Strength(8/10)
LOSS Bit of a sickener really. Wickmayer serving for the match at 5-4 30-0 in the third and she chokes it. Although she did have a leg injury. Fair play to Kvitova, she seems to be really strong mentally this year. I wish she would lay off the old "I'm really tired" spiel on her blogs though. You're quite clearly not love :D

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sport Tennis Event Brasil Open outright Selection Almagro outright Strength 10/10 Date 12/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.20 Reasoning I like Almagro to take this down. He's looked pretty good this week and is the class of this field. Semis he's got Chela, Chela struggled earlier in the week before benefiting against injured Belucci. I expect almagro to take that, and quite readily. Final would be either Dolgopolov or Mello. Lot of hype on Dolgopolov, and much justified. But I'd still have Almagro a couple of little levels above on clay and would expect him to take that final. But Dolgopolov I think has a tougher semi, home guy Mello is playing great and I don't think Dolgopolov will have an easy time. Almagro would be very big favourite against Mello in the final. Next best price is 2.10 with a few UK bookies so this price is looking nice.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Kvitova is trying to give me a heart-attack it seems. Checked the score in my lecture and saw that Wickmayer was serving for the match, only to see a few minutes later Kvitova's name in bold. :loon Thought she would crumble after losing the first set but fair play to her. Mattek-Sands in the semis, although it's still tough, dont think she could have wished for a better semi looking at her side of the draw.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Here's my lot from Brazil... Am tempted by Youznhy on handicap against Soderling, but the head-2-head doesn't look too good. - Nicolas Almagro (vs. Juan Ignacio Chela) x Alexandr Dolgopolov (vs. Ricardo Mello) @ 2.25 [stan James] (4/10) - Nicolas Almagro to win by 2-0 @ 2.30 [unibet] (2/10) I'd be very surprised if Almagro doesn't win against Chela. He's a great clay court player and hasn't been out of first gear this week with straight forward wins over Souza and Machado where he didn't look troubled. I haven't been impressed at all with Chela, who's somehow ended up in the semi-finals after two three-set battles early on in the tournament and was rather fortunate to face an injured Bellucci yesterday. I think Almagro will win, and go on to win the tournament. Dolgopolov has cruised through the draw so far with two straight set victories. The way he handled the pressure points against Starace was impressive, breaking when he had to and fending off Starace when the Italian had the chance to break. He looks very comfortable on clay and has made the transition from hard court to clay court easily. Mello is playing well, but I feel that Dolgopolov has another gear in him if he needs it. I get the feeling that Mello has to win the opening set to make it a game.

Was going to take this as well mate' date=' but refrained because of the outright. Guaranteed good profit from the each way if Dolgo wins this. Not sure I want to throw any more on it.[/quote'] now that was a great price!! hopefully we'll be seeing a dolgopolov-almagro final...should be a cracker!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hello guys, i'm new to this forum, but i'll share my bets here, mostly tennis and basketball...Good Luck to all.. Willing to take a small risk tonight with a handicap bet on Kim, hoping she will shine.. 3/10-Clijsters K. v Dokic J. [Games HC] 0:5.5 PICK: Clijsters ODDS:1.90

now that was a great price!! hopefully we'll be seeing a dolgopolov-almagro final...should be a cracker!
Think Almagro will win tonight. Chela's surpassed himself this week considering the wretched tennis he's been playing :eek He'll really have to step it up this evening. I like Nico a lot and to be honest, I reckon he'd probably beat Dolgopolov in the final if they both get there and he plays his best tennis. Alex has got the game to frustrate him though, and we know Nico can explode when things aren't going his way ... anyway that's what I'm hoping for! In saying that, it could be a Mello-Chela final ... hasn't quite got the same ring, has it :lol

Am tempted by Youznhy on handicap against Soderling, but the head-2-head doesn't look too good.
Good hold for Youznhy, regretting not taking the handicap now. I see signs of the Soderling of old coming back, the one that struggled mentally and couldn't keep a consistent high level of tennis going for a long period of time.

Hello guys, i'm new to this forum, but i'll share my bets here, mostly tennis and basketball...Good Luck to all.. Willing to take a small risk tonight with a handicap bet on Kim, hoping she will shine.. 3/10-Clijsters K. v Dokic J. [Games HC] 0:5.5 PICK: Clijsters ODDS:1.90
Quick easy money with Kim, she ran off with it in the second set. 6-3 6-0 Tennis Balance: 5.7 units

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hey guys. Been following the tips here for a while now and impressed at how accurate they seem to be. Hopefully I can help to add to this. Leyton Hewitt to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 2.46 at Pinnacle (4/10) At peak fitness, Del Potro would be the clear favourite for this one, but he is clearly still not back to his best. He played well in the first set, but seemed to struggle a little in the second set, particularly once his first serve percentage dropped. Hewitt will fight all the way as he always does and if Del Potro's fitness is still below the level it needs to be, he might struggle later on in the match. Hewitt hardly played well against Dabul, but seemed to be experimenting a bit with his game. When it came down to it, he reverted to his traditional style and was able to eventually grind out a win. Hewitt also has good memories of playing here and I think this will be closer than the odds suggest.

DafsT: Maybe you do not regret it now? ;) michal: That match can go either way, seriously. Personally, I can see some value on Cilic, but definitely not enough to play.
It would have won :lol Let's hope Dolgopolov and Almagro bring some return...