** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC Darts World Championship

theoldmaster

Re: PDC Darts World Championship

Not a good day yesterday, think alot of us struggled. Taken an early one on the Anderson Jenkins as I can't see the price getting any better. Anderson vs Jenkins- Anderson -2.5 set handicap- 4/7 William Hill- 5/10 Most bookies are going for the 3.5 handicap but I've gone for the perhaps safer option. If Anderson plays at even half the standard he did yesterday, can't see the bull coping. Jenkins was perhaps lucky to get past Newton, who missed a ton of doubles allowing Jenkins through. Anderson absolutely creamed Barney in truth except the first set. Although Barney didn't get going, even if he was adding 5/6 points to his average, still think he would have struggled to cope with the Scot. Jenkins will ultimately have to play his best match perhaps ever to get through this one and judging by his missed doubles yesterday, can't really see him troubling Anderson. Would be nice to see Jenkins take maybe one or two sets as I do like him, but this should be easy for Anderson.
WIN Went as expected really, not the best price but at least it was a win. With regards to laying off, just to voice my opinion, only been in that position once and I didn't lay and eventually my pick lost. Didn't regret it though, I always follow my picks to the end, that way I feel the satisfaction will be greater. It's ultimately down to the individual though, and how confident they feel. Will be rooting for Webster for you though mate ;)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Jackpot Vs Webby Webster is my Outright but have layed my stake off No Match Bets on this one for me - its too tight. However i think there will be Big Shots and have to be Big Checkouts 3 Points Over 21.5 180s 2.00 Laddys 2 Points Over 136.5 1.83 Laddys

Beautiful. Now in positive numbers for the tournament and thread with +2.01pts. Nice ending to an otherwise unfortunate tournament for me. 10pts Gary Anderson (-2.5 sets) to bt. Terry Jenkins @ 1.61 at Skybet 10pts Adrian Lewis to bt. Mark Webster @ 1.90 at Sportingbet
Yep, talk about nice ending. Both winners put me at +17.11 units for the event before the final.

Well Done all Anderson and Lewis backers and side market winners :clap
Gutted for you Perry, I really am. I do think it's the right decision though not to lay off. You'll get your revenge mate, and with interest I'm sure.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Cheers RussP and Kev and Joe Mavis for the advice. I'm defo due. Had Bubba watson at 125/1, Joe Durrant at 90/1 and Brandt Snedeker at 80/1 in the golf last year all leading going into the final round and never laid any off. Fine line between brave and stupid but I think I fall into the later! The sensible thing would have been to lay Webster Off but I stick by my decision. I thought Webster had a good chance pre-tournament and backed him. I still thought he had a good chance pre-Lewis, so let it ride. I'm happy, not sure I could say the same if I had laid it off and he had gone on to win it! Anyway... still lots of winners in here and still a cracking final to look forward to tomorrow. It'll either be one of the best and closest finals ever or a shower of.... if they both or one get nervy.... on my track record.... i'm not giving any opinion on the result!

Cheers RussP and Kev and Joe Mavis for the advice. I'm defo due. Had Bubba watson at 125/1, Joe Durrant at 90/1 and Brandt Snedeker at 80/1 in the golf last year all leading going into the final round and never laid any off. Fine line between brave and stupid but I think I fall into the later! The sensible thing would have been to lay Webster Off but I stick by my decision. I thought Webster had a good chance pre-tournament and backed him. I still thought he had a good chance pre-Lewis, so let it ride. I'm happy, not sure I could say the same if I had laid it off and he had gone on to win it! Anyway... still lots of winners in here and still a cracking final to look forward to tomorrow. It'll either be one of the best and closest finals ever or a shower of.... if they both or one get nervy.... on my track record.... i'm not giving any opinion on the result!
That's the key mate. You made what you thought was the right decision. As I said above, you know your stuff on this sport so you'll be firing the big priced outrights in through 2011. We've all been in this situation mate. I was on Johnson in the US Open. Never layed off because I thought he was the winner all ends up. 2 holes and 50 visits to the drink later I'm wondering why I didn't :lol.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Great effort been put into this thread guys, just read it from start to finish. It's been a tough tournament to try and predict and arguably the closest tournament in a long time. Would love to see Gary Anderson win it tomorrow but can't see it happening - as someone (Kev, I think, surprisingly enough) mentioned earlier in the thread he surely has to have a bad game at some point. Against Priestley he hit the ground running but very nearly got pegged back, ditto against Jenkins tonight he struggled to get over the line. I think tomorrow's final might well be an in-running players dream. It's great to see 2 players at the top of their game in the final though, rather than the usual draw opening up for someone to slide into the final and get smacked all over by Taylor. England v Scotland in the final and i'm rooting for the Scot, whatever is the world coming to :eek

Re: PDC Darts World Championship With regards to the "laying off debate" for me it depends on why I would make the bet in the first place - in bracket tournaments like this, and tennis especially, you can often look for an outsider where if he just makes the QTR finals you can take a profit and run with it. If you believe your player has a chance to win when you make the bet then let it ride all the way. Keep getting into that position and they will start to come good at some point if you keep letting them ride.

+3.79pts for the tournament. I'm was going to sit out the rest of the tournament now that i'm in profit but i really fancy the below bet. I agree with spooner above. Lewis/Webster will be a really tight game with atleast 9 sets. For this reason i'm going to go with the stats for my bet. 3pts Lewis over 12.50 180's @ 8/11 Paddy Power QF - 13 180's in 7 sets = Average of 1.86 180's per set 3rd rd - 9 180's in 5 sets = Average of 1.80 180's per set Lewis is hitting 180's for fun atm and i can't see that changing here whether he wins or loses tonight. Minimum of 9 sets in this game imo and therefore Lewis beats this line. Good luck all :hope
-3pts for that game and only +0.79pts for the tournament. :sad

Re: PDC Darts World Championship well the day we have been long waiting for has arrived a new name to be engraved on the trophy and title of World champion as i had both outrights as start of tournament then i am not going to dabble in taking the winner, happy to offer my advice though the bet i am taking is MOST 180S LEWIS @11/10. with the two heaviest scorers here we have ajob picking it the stats show gary has amassed 48 while Aidy has 40 so a wee gap but not too much, i fancy Aidy as i said he is relentless on his scoring and we know this will be some game two fast rat tat players ramming in 180 after 180 but who will get the most i just have to back up what was mentioned earliert Anderson is due a bad game he has cruised through so far and i believe that everyon has a bad game en route to the final, although bto be fair Aidy has'nt had to struggle perhaps round one where he was outscored by Eccles who still lost 3-0 is a close as he came. i just feel we have seen Aidy come of age recently ok so the GSOD was a wash out but he has brushed it off and got on with the job, he has experience of major final too afetr being finalist in Dublin i know Anderson got to final of UK open but for me the pressuer there was'nt as great as Aidy had. i have a feeling towards Aidy here both players should be shoe ins for PL now with Aidy looking like replacing Whitlock in the top 4 of the rankings and Andersoon now virtually secured as top 5 player. i just feel it's Aidy turn his avg aint been so consistently high but he does have that spurts he can call on whilst Anderson is maybe not so inclined to do his good work in spurts, there is a valid case for both players and scoreline wise i fancy either Anderson 7-4 @ 11/2 or Lewis 7-3 ,7-5. there could be few breaks of throw too with both being such heavy scorers one poor visit could result in losing a leg. anyway thats it from me don't think i'll see the final shame but i awit with interest who will win and just for fun who do we reckon will get the PL places i'll go for Taylor, Barney, Wade, Lewis (top 4 in rankings) Anderson, Whitlock, Webster and either BDO winner or Nicholson as final wild card. good luck to everyone and heres to another sucessfull 2011 of darts betting

Re: PDC Darts World Championship It was another lucky day for me yesterday with jackpot obliging. That makes it 6 wins from 6 for me now going into the last night. Unlucky to all Webster backers, I thought he was going to grind Lewis down on a couple of occasions. On to tonight: Anderson -1.5 sets 4/5 @ Bet365 (5 Points) I am really pleased that it's these two in the final as I think both players thouroughly deserve it. The fact that they are both maverick type players who have never made the final before makes this a bit trickier as a betting proposition. They are both world class on their day who are prone to the nerves in big situations. But everything we have seen throughout this tournament points to Anderson for me. He has had the better averages, finishes and he has looked calmer. In the semi's he only had a slight wobble but was already well clear and he looked composed on the whole. Ade seemed to suffer more from the nerves last night but fortunately he had enough quality patches to pull him through. Lewis said on the interview after that he'd only had 3 hours sleep and I can't imagine he will have had any more last night. I worry that if things start to go against him, he could have a serious wobble which will allow Anderson to pull away from him. I'm from the same area of Stoke as Lewis and unlike Taylor, he's a Stoke fan so I'd be delighted if the lad won even if it means I lose my money. My heart says jackpot but my head says Anderson, and that's where my money will be going. Will There be a 170 Checkout? Yes - 13/2 @ Bet365 (2.5 Points) It's a bit of a speculative one this but there are a few reasons why I think it's worth a shot at the odds. Firstly, there could be a lot of legs in this match which will present at least couple of 170 openings. When you consider that both players are so capable of hitting the trebble 20's, it puts us in really good stead for this bet. yes, it's the final and both players are going to be nervy which will add to the pressure of such a finish. But they are both quality players and it's the ability to make such checkouts in the final which creates champions. Such a checkout would certainly be fitting for this final and I have had a dabble on it. Good luck all:hope

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Here we go then......... what a final, England V Scotland thrown in for a bit of extra spice, like we need it! I really only follow the darts at xmas as its an absolute betting buzz fest, makes my normal football punting seem dull. On to my view for Anderson Lewis, I have in the past bet with my heart instead of my head ie anderson v barney, hoping barney would find something special when clearly it was a no brainer for an anderson (judged on form only), as some astute people on this thread pointed out pre match. So Im betting with my head on this one, and focusing on one clear fact Lewis has failed to out average Anderson in any of his matches Adrian Lewis: 1st round: Beat Tony Eccles 3-0. Ave: 94.87 2nd round: Beat Mark Dudbridge 4-1. Ave: 90.28 3rd round: Beat Robert Thornton 4-1. Ave: 101.05 Quarter-final: Beat vincent van der Voort 5-2. Ave: 100.03 Semi-final: Beat Mark Webster 6-4. Ave:98.48 Gary Anderson: 1st round: Beat Morihiro Hashimoto 3-0. Ave: 103.26 2nd round: Beat Dennis Priestley 4-2. Ave: 103.44 3rd round: Beat Andy Smith 4-0. Ave: 108.39 Quarter-final: Beat Raymond van Barneveld 5-1. Ave: 102.75 Semi-final: Beat Terry Jenkins 6-2. Ave: 101.11 To my untrained eye (as much as I like him) Lewis seems to have a spell in longer matched where he loses focus a bit and starts visibly huffing, puffing and grimacing, before getting back on track. I think Anderson will un nerve Lewis with his scintilating scoring and although I expect them to trade blows and most sets to go 2-2 then a deciding leg, Anderson to be crowned champion after a titanic battle, and Lewis to be really emotional and upset with the defeat having had an otherwise fine tournament.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship with regards to averages yes the players go on about them and so do we but they are a wee bit misleading, if a player hits say a 15 dart games and his opponent in losing that game is on 81 after three 140s, hisHIS avg may be distotred because he has'nt had to throw at a double wher you can take 3 darts to score forty (double top ) that can have an effect i know it's just a small point and if the avgs are say 7-10pts a difference then it would not be a factor but a diiference of around 2 -3 pts could ba accounted for by this, just for the recoerd Lewis avg for the tournament is 96.94 and the Scot's is 103.79. so around 7 pts which backs your case! but just something i though i'd add for those newcomesr to the thread who maybe werr'nt certain of the way the averages were workd out.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 5pts G.Anderson 3 dart average Under 101.5 @ 5/6 Skybet Can't really give great reasoning for this as Anderson has only gone under this line once in this tournament however I think nerves could be around from both players tonight and the longer this match goes on the better. It is a tough ask for Anderson to come up with a big average again, he is not Phil Taylor who's been there and done it time and time again on the big stage like this, I think nerves will play a big part in the averages.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship One early one for tonight's action. I'll come back with the main event shortly. 3pts M.van Gerwen to win Under 21 World Championship 10/11 Skybet Michael van Gerwen should be favourite to win tonight's final I think. I like Arron Monk and rate him highly but he hasn't experienced a stage like this one before. Even at the Slam it's a different atmosphere to the one he'll experience tonight but the venue is just huge. Michael van Gerwen is very experienced on the biggest stages in world darts and although he lost to Suljovic in the opening round of this tournament, he averaged just under 90, played well in patches but more importantly experienced the atmosphere and the lights and stuff once again. This is a fairly short sprint to 6 legs but that means Monk can't take time to get going. I think he'll be a little bit frozen early doors and I expect van Gerwen to hit him hard early on. As always with Mighty Mike, he's a pain in the arse to peg back from in front and that's for anyone not just young Arron Monk. For me, the Dutchman takes the youth crown this evening.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship I don't think anyone has mentioned the H2H record between anderson and lewis. Lewis leads 6-2 and beat anderson 4 out of 4 in sept 2010 in the championship of darts. I think anything could happen in this final. I'm not going to have a bet on it. Good luck to all those who do.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Gary Anderson to win 7-0 40/1 1pt 7-1 16/1 2pt 7-2 9/1 3pt All Paddy Power Anderson has been winning last two matches 5-1 & 6-2, averaging over 100 in both. He just looks untouchable just beating everyone easily within sight. Lewis was looking a bit tired last night in a long grind against Webster I think it'll take its toll if Anderson can again average over 100 so i'm taking 7-0 7-1 & 7-2 win for the Scot.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Am I the only one that doesn't think Anderson will struggle really badly with nerves tonight? His mental approach has been spot on, if he misses a crucial dart he just smiles, shrugs his shoulders and walks away from the board. If his opponent takes advantage he just goes back to the board next leg and fires in a 140 or a 180. This talk about being due a bad game is just superstition, he has been ultra consistent and I'm hoping he carries that through to tonight. He doesn't have to have a bad game, it's just people expect it. A boxer often starts the first few rounds at breakneck speed and all the pundits say they can't keep it up for 12 rounds. Tell that to Pacquaio and Margarito. Same applies tonight, Anderson could fly out the traps and never look back. Lewis has a similar laid back attitude and will have plenty more years to win a world title. It could be a ding dong battle going all the way. I think the best 2 players made the final and tonight I'm cheering on the Scotsman. Good luck to all with bets on tonights final.

Re: PDC Darts World Championship 3 for me in the final. 3pts A.Lewis to beat G.Anderson 15/8 Skybet 3pts A.Lewis Highest Checkout - Over 128.5 5/6 Skybet 5pts Over 43.5 legs 8/11 Coral I wasn't going to bet outright on the final but this drift on Lewis has made him more than good value for a punt. If I'm honest I'm not entirely sure how I see this final panning out in terms of how close it will be. It's got to be high scoring. These two are the heaviest 180 scorers in the game and unlike the rest of his opponents this week, Lewis will keep with Anderson in the scoring phase of the game. Something which could lead to Anderson's doubles going a bit ropey as we've all expected it to do. I guess the question is can Lewis hold himself together and I think he can. He was nervous last night but I think that's because he put himself under a lot of pressure to make the final. Now he's in this final I think he'll be back to normal. He's starting to experience these finals now. This is his 2nd Sky major final on the trot and while he never played badly in his 1st one, he won't have that beating Taylor burden tonight. Anderson played big finals all the time 4-5 years ago but other than the UK Open final he hasn't played a real big final for a while. Despite 15 years difference in their ages, Lewis might just have the better experience and calmer head tonight. I'd like to think this will be a tight final. If both play their best it will be and the chances are a crucial missed double here or there will be the difference. At the price though I'll take Lewis. Realistically, 9 close sets can bring the legs over in. More realistically 10 sets gives it a strong chance. 11 sets or more than it's hard to see it losing with both scoring heavily and therefore likely to make the double 1st on their throw. Lewis checked out 131 last night and 167 against Thornton earlier in the tournament. He'll have to take out a high score or two to break the throw and I think over a possible 13 sets he'll take out a 129 or above at some point. This should be a classic. I can't wait!

Re: PDC Darts World Championship Thought alot about the final and as much as I want to follow Kev with Lewis at a good price, only taking a checkout bet, so I can sit back and enjoy it more without the stress. Anderson vs Lewis- Highest checkout over 140.5- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) This should well and truly be a cracker. Two best players in the tournament have made the final and for once the Power isn't involved. Both players have scored for fun over the last couple of weeks. Anderson seems to hit at least two trebles every throw and Lewis suddenly pounces out of nowhere to hit a 10 darter. Taking the checkout bet as both players at some point are going to have to hit the big shots to break throw. Lewis took out a 131 yesterday against Webster but has already taken checkouts over this line, with his highest coming against Flash Mark Dudbridge where Lewis nailed a 167. Anderson is also more than capable of taking a big shot out. Last couple of his matches, on 140, he has missed D10 to take it out. A 140 would do today, but if this match goes close to or the full distance, may just be a 167 or even a 170. Anyways that's that, time to grab a beer and sit back.

Thought alot about the final and as much as I want to follow Kev with Lewis at a good price, only taking a checkout bet, so I can sit back and enjoy it more without the stress. Anderson vs Lewis- Highest checkout over 140.5- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) This should well and truly be a cracker. Two best players in the tournament have made the final and for once the Power isn't involved. Both players have scored for fun over the last couple of weeks. Anderson seems to hit at least two trebles every throw and Lewis suddenly pounces out of nowhere to hit a 10 darter. Taking the checkout bet as both players at some point are going to have to hit the big shots to break throw. Lewis took out a 131 yesterday against Webster but has already taken checkouts over this line, with his highest coming against Flash Mark Dudbridge where Lewis nailed a 167. Anderson is also more than capable of taking a big shot out. Last couple of his matches, on 140, he has missed D10 to take it out. A 140 would do today, but if this match goes close to or the full distance, may just be a 167 or even a 170. Anyways that's that, time to grab a beer and sit back.
WIN Wow, first time I've ever seen a 9 darter live, what a final this could be.