UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November

Jase82

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November I was gonna bk Man Utd to keep a clean sheet, but with no Ferdinand or Vidic you can now forget that, Under 2.5 might have to be the call now I was thinking Spurs -1 it looks good but i always prefer European handicaps so thats what im going for, also Spurs always rack up a lot of corners but that handicap line is a tad short especially if they go a few goals up they might lay off. Lyon +1 looks good things. I was thinkin Valencia clean sheet, but the odds are slightly better on Valencia to win to nil. Does anyone think its worth the risk, im a bit paraniod cos Bursapor held out for a 0-0 in Old Trafford

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Tottenham v Werder Bremen Under 3.5 goals @ 1.76 (188bet) 3/10 This bet probably goes against most people's logic as this does look likely to be a high-scoring game. But football can be odds sometimes and maybe you won't get as open a game as we expect. Remember in the reverse fixtures all the goals came early on and although chances continued to be created the goal threat diminished during the remainder of the match. Not often you see such high odds on under 3.5goals line, also Harry Redknapp isn't totally unfamiliar with setting his team to see out the game towards the later stages. He often brings Palacios with 15-20 mintues I can see this being the case again if Spurs are 1-0 or 2-0 up in the game. Also Van Der Vaat misses out, he's been Spurs main goal threat recentley although they do have plenty in the line-up who can score he has been the main man for goals for them. All that being said I expect goals I just hope for three or less, the price was just to good to turn down for me.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November

I was gonna bk Man Utd to keep a clean sheet, but with no Ferdinand or Vidic you can now forget that, Under 2.5 might have to be the call now I was thinking Spurs -1 it looks good but i always prefer European handicaps so thats what im going for, also Spurs always rack up a lot of corners but that handicap line is a tad short especially if they go a few goals up they might lay off. Lyon +1 looks good things. I was thinkin Valencia clean sheet, but the odds are slightly better on Valencia to win to nil. Does anyone think its worth the risk, im a bit paraniod cos Bursapor held out for a 0-0 in Old Trafford
What the hell im takin Valencia to nil bet an small stakes on United Clean Sheet in case it comes in. 10pts Valencia to win to nil @ 4/5 7pts Tottenham -1 goal @ 6/5 4ps Lyon +1 goal @ 4/7 3pst Man Under 2.5 goals @ EVS 2.5pts Man Utd Clean Sheet @ 13/10 Paddy Power

I was going to try Valencia -2AH but I'll leave it alone....Bursaspor are by far the worst champions league team ever and will be going for damage limitation tonight.They lost 3-0 and 4-0 at home but only 1-0 and 1-0 away.I think they feel they have to come out and play infront of their home fans but away even if they go 1-0 down I don't think they will open up. Valencia I think will miss 4 players from their 3-0 win against Rangers and they should hockey Bursaspor but I'll leave it ........
Silly me.......

Silly me.......
Dunno if you watched the first ten minutes, but Bursaspor could've been 3-0 up, otherwise though, totally deserved for Valencia. Have Valencia with the Tottenham game though and they need to shoot more goals in that one! :notworthy

Tottenham over 3.5 goals 3/10 @4.50 bet365 Werder are playing some awful football at the moment. Their defensive game has never been perfect but right now it's just shambolic at times. I've watched their game against Schalke and Gelsenkirchen could have scored at least 8 goals. Injury problems also don't help - they have got many players out - Wesley being the newest addition to their lengthy injury list. Tottenham will bo looking forward to this game as they can seal qualification in case of a win. At home they have scored 4 against Twente, 3 against Inter and now they will be facing a team in deep crisis and very little confidence. I think this game can easily turn into a rout.
:wall A real shame about the penalty:(

That mean that we should lay Inter and enjoy player party after match because they will celebrate for sure when Benitez get sacked :drums Even everything leads to massive Tottenham victory I will stay out of this one, because I don't want to cry later if public failure happened once again. But anyway, good luck to all of you :hope
1-0 Inter and I got the HCX:tongue2

After Real has beaten Ajax 4-0 without a problem they are in a very good mood and showed all that they give everything they have even when they are already qualified.Barca will do it as well tonight.They also habe beaten Almeria 8-0 on saturday and hey will continue to destroy their opponent,especially Messi and Krkic are on fire:tongue2 Barca HC 2 -1 2,00 betclic 4 pts GL:ok
0:3 very easy,Stakes should have been much higher-I can´t wait for monday:beer

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Valencia vs. Bursaspor -1 (EH) Tottenham vs. Bremen over2.5 @2.25:nana Valencia -1 (EH) Tottenahm -1 (AH) @2.73:nana Valencia -2 (EH) Barcelona -1 (EH) Tottenham vs. Bremen over3.5 @11.19:sad Am a little disappointed that the last one didn't go through, only one goal was missing (the penalty!). But still, with Valencia and Barca through it allowed me to put half of the potential winnings on 3-0 Tottenham, so it still lead to a profit.:)

Dunno if you watched the first ten minutes' date=' but Bursaspor could've been 3-0 up, otherwise though, totally deserved for Valencia. Have Valencia with the Tottenham game though and they need to shoot more goals in that one! :notworthy[/quote'] No didn't watch it at all.....I think a few people lost a bit on Bursaspor's 1st goal in the champs league....to win to nil is always dodgy at small odds....

Tottenham v Werder Bremen Under 3.5 goals @ 1.76 (188bet) 3/10 This bet probably goes against most people's logic as this does look likely to be a high-scoring game. But football can be odds sometimes and maybe you won't get as open a game as we expect. Remember in the reverse fixtures all the goals came early on and although chances continued to be created the goal threat diminished during the remainder of the match. Not often you see such high odds on under 3.5goals line, also Harry Redknapp isn't totally unfamiliar with setting his team to see out the game towards the later stages. He often brings Palacios with 15-20 mintues I can see this being the case again if Spurs are 1-0 or 2-0 up in the game. Also Van Der Vaat misses out, he's been Spurs main goal threat recentley although they do have plenty in the line-up who can score he has been the main man for goals for them. All that being said I expect goals I just hope for three or less, the price was just to good to turn down for me.
Got a bit lucky with this, Werder Bremen were rather poor and Tottenham should have won by more than the three goals in all honesty.

What the hell im takin Valencia to nil bet an small stakes on United Clean Sheet in case it comes in. 10pts Valencia to win to nil @ 4/5 :sad close 7pts Tottenham -1 goal @ 6/5 :clap ended up getin 6/4 4ps Lyon +1 goal @ 4/7:$ 3pst Man Under 2.5 goals @ EVS:clap 2.5pts Man Utd Clean Sheet @ 13/10:clap Paddy Power
Pity Busapor scored :@ it could of been a lot better. But Profit at least on the night. Pts Staked 26.50. Pts Returned 29.25 :ok

Man United @ 1.80 :nana Spurs @ 1.50 :nana Spurs/Bremen over 2.5 @ 1.44 :nana All with sportsbet. I think united will go for it and secure their spot tonight. Ferguson has asked for the players to step up, coupled with Rooneys return to the squad. Tottenham.... Enough has been said already, I'm on the wagon like a few others. :ok
:cheers

Wayne Rooney is 2.44 to score on Betfair. This has to be the clearest lay of all time. One goal since March. Have taken a speculative 0-1 correct score in this match. Have also taken the under 2.5 market in the Spurs game at 2.98. I see the market as over reacting around Spurs. The Germans aren't a bad team and they could shut up shop.
Only one winner, but it was at a good price. Still happy with the Rooney bet, it was a stupidly short price. Shame someone else couldn't take the pen

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Tottenham AH (-1.5) @ 2.10 :D Seemed very comfortable. Inter AH (-1.00) @ 2.075 Inter missed some serious sitters :wall Stake returned though so its no biggie. Valencia AH (-2.00) @ 2.10 :D Bursa had a glorious chance to go one up. Didn't take it and got punished. Shoulda gone -2.5 which was 2.675 :cry Impressed with my tipping as of late. Over the two days, had six picks with four winners, one void and one loser: Staked 20 units Returned 29.59 returned Could be worse :beer The Ashes will tide me over until the Premiership returns this weekend. Well done to this weeks winners.

There is really nothing more to add here, and I will follow you picks but on a regular handicap and will take them in a double. Tottenham -1 & Inter -1 @ 5.00 William Hill
I knew I shouldn't have taken Inter on a handicap in a double. Gamble didn't pay off :( Congrats to all Tottenham backers.

Agree with what others have said: Tottenham -1.5 @ 2.25 pinnacle Bremen struggling domestically and go to North London without 9 injured players and 1 suspended player. They have allowed 10 goals in their last 2 away games and lost 5 of their last 6 matches. Spurs coming off a very good come-from-behind win over their arch rivals and a win here will see them progress into the next round. They have strong home form in the CL, and can see them winning this one well
:ok Spurs are going to continue to be tough to beat in the CL

Inter-Twente = over (1.65) / 1 (1.53) Totosì Inter 2nd place 7 points Twente position 3 ° 5 points Preview: Inter: injured: Coutinho, Chivu, Milito, Obi, Samuel, Maicon, Muntari, Júlio César. Twente: injured: Rasmus Bengtsson. Inter Milan have a score of w2-d1 l1-8 goals conceded 11 goals scored while a score of Twente w1-d2-l1 6 goals scored 7 goals conceded. It is not an easy match for Inter that against Twente. Whether the injury is the fact that many players are out of shape and drains. But the beating Inter at San Siro Twente mathematically would access the knockout stages. So I think in a victory for Inter with a lot of goals. :hope:hope:hope
Tottenham-Werder = 1 (1.48) / over (1.53) Totosì Tottenham 1, position 7 points Werder 4th position in points 2 Preview: Tottenham: injured: Dawson, Huddlestone, Keane, Dos Santos, King, Woodgate, O'Hara; question: Rafael van der Vaart. Werder: injured: Marko Arnautovic, Petri Pasanen, Pizarro, Borowski, Naldo, Boenisch. Tottenham has a score of w2-d1 l1-8 goals conceded 12 goals scored while Werder has a score of w0-d2-l2 goals scored 3 goals conceded 9. The English will face Werder Bremen qualify for the knockout mathematically. I think this is an easy task considering the current state of mind and form of both teams. :hope:hope:hope
Rubin-Copenhagen = 1 (1.90) bet365 Rubin 3 rd place 3 points Copenhagen 2 nd place 7 points Preview: Rubin: Injured: Carlos Eduardo. Copenhagen: Not Available: Solvi Ottesen. Rubin has a score of w0-d3-l1 goals conceded two goals for a while Copenhagen has a score of w2-d1 l1-4 goals scored 3 goals conceded. The Copenhagen has so far done a good group stage and then the point would be enough to qualify as the Rubin necessarily have to win to keep alive the hope yet. The Russian team has a great staff and I think at the end to win the race. :hope:hope:hope
Balance: 4/5 profit :cow:nana:cow:nana:cow

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Hello all, MugPunterLouis here. I've just joined the forum after reading this thread which might have saved me a bit of money if I'd read it earlier. Backed Bremen to beat Spurs and Twente to beat Inter last night on the basis that the away sides had to win to stay in with a chance, and were long odds which looked good value. Do these qualify as 'Mug Punts' ? :unsure