UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November

Jase82

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Man United @ 1.80 Spurs @ 1.50 Spurs/Bremen over 2.5 @ 1.44 All with sportsbet. I think united will go for it and secure their spot tonight. Ferguson has asked for the players to step up, coupled with Rooneys return to the squad. Tottenham.... Enough has been said already, I'm on the wagon like a few others. :ok

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November There's a decent chance Man United will walk all over Rangers tonight but I'd be very wary. Ferdinand, Vidic and Fletcher are all being rested and I wouldn't bank on a decent performance from Rooney having not played in over a month. I might be being a liittle too skeptical but there's a reason for them to be priced quite highly and I wouldn't be surprised at a draw at Ibrox tonight. #JustSaying.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November

I see some people here finding value in Werder, saw a guy going for the straight win @ 6,00, then the post above is backing Werder on the AH + 1,5. I will surely ask for a lot higher odds than 6,00 to back Werder, no bad feelings but I find this pick unreasonable. On the other hand I see more reasons to back Werder + 1,5 AH as AGurv suggests above. As much as I want Spurs to win this one, a few reminders to all those - 1,5 H'cap backers : 1) A lot was written about the Werder missings, but that copy/paste-let-us-check-uefa.com thing doesn't say it all. Werder are missing at least half of their good men for ages, so both team and Manager are in a familiar situation. Let's face it - how can it possibly get worse to them? 2) Again and again a major mistake is done to relate the results in the domestic league to a different competition called Champions League. If that's the case then why are posters in euphoria forgetting that Spurs also had few flops ( Wigan, Sunderland, Bolton, Everton ). If that's the case how come I read posts here openly backing Lyon in Schalke? The current form in domestic league does matter, but not fully. 3) A look at Werder's games in CL gives a slightly different angle, and especially to those who do watch games, on top of following livescores. In the early round a good win over Sampdoria at home ( to those who do not rate Samp high, let me just tell you that they are the reason the last Champion of Italy is Inter , not Roma ), and a lesson how to spoil the celebration in Genoa, only minutes from time. In the group stage : -- came back from 2-0 vs Spurs, showing great spirit yet again; -- got a credible draw away in Twente, just like Inter, and I am not sure Spurs will get a point there; -- got thrashed by Inter away, but we all seem to forget that if Inter had a foot on the gas for another 15 mins, Spurs could have been fully humiliated there too; -- got beat by Twente at home in IMO absolutely 50/50 game - had Werder been more compact at the back in the last 20 mins, had Werder slowed down, they could have got a point there too, the draw was all over. But no - this is Werder - they do not close games, they attack. Overall - no shame at all, in fact in view of the missings all season so far Werder are doing well enough in CL. 4) Werder are the the Champions League almost all the time. Can't make it big, but their Euro experience is massive. And experience and confidence DO matter in Europe, and they have it in excess compared to most Spurs players. Need I remind you about Lyon again? The best thing is that HR seems to learn quick here. I am pretty confident about a Spurs win, but higher H'caps?!?! To those who think I oppose Spurs - I am a Spurs fan since the late days of Steve Perryman there... For now I doubled my stake on Over 3,5 Goals, I also have Spurs to win with various results and Bale to score. All results though have a goal or two by Werder - the Germans can score anytime anywhere and they deserve respect. GL all
Agree with what you're saying, nicko. How they got into the CL, AGurv? Because they usually play decent, attractive, attacking football. The problem is they don't have the financial muscle to hold their good players, so they mostly rely on scouting and the youth system for good results and to stay profitable. They've had their fair share of injuries, but it's really this buy-sell strategy which is hurting them, because on the one hand they've sold some of their best players, but on the other their new signings are either total flops or troublemakers. As a result the squad atmosphere is pretty poor, with some player's openly complaining about the attitude and character of their teammates. I doubt this will change before the January transfer window, because they'll either have to put some players on the bench or preferably get rid of them completely. I saw them against Sampdoria and Tottenham and followed the one versus Leverkusen via Liveticker, and in all three they delivered a fantastic fight back. But if they do fall apart, it's likewise a total shambles, think Inter or Stuttgart. So overall, they're extremely unpredictable atm, which is why I wouldn't back them (in general) and based on recent results go with Spurs, but if Bremen do decide to fight, it won't be a walkover. But everything is suggesting it will, because Werder are falling more and more apart, whereas Tottenham seem to be the exact opposite and this usually leads to only one outcome. So, I'll probably take a handicap for Spurs or maybe the over x goals aswell, because either Spurs crush them or Bremen fight back, both should lead to overs. Only thing which worries me is Tottenham's injuries, which may undermine both bets.

Inter - Twente Whoever says that Inter is going to win comfortably tonight is lying. Visiting team is having some problems in Eredivise in their last 2 games, but they are doing great in their first ever CL season..They are pretty closely behind from the current holders with only -2points and its perfect time to face Inter I would say..Because this Inter squad is almost finished in Serie A , off the pace -9, there is no confidence whatsoever in Nerazzurri camp and most importantly they have so many absentees , its really a disaster atm..And looking at Inter fan pages on the net, Benitez will again start with Materazzi in this important game, Benitez opt for him in the Derby because of Zlatan, because he was tall as Ibra and Janko will be as big as Swede..and we all saw how great Materazzi was in 6th minute in Milano Derby when he was terribly late in his tackle, thats because he is playing only a game in 9 rounds of football..Twente will hold back and try to kill the game with fast counters..And looking at Inter backline today RB Cordoba, CB Lucio, CB Materazzi, LB Zanetti, they are more than capable of scoring a goal at speed..I believe Twente can manage to hold the hosts until the HT and this game will be decided in 2nd half..For either way.. Try HT DRAW @ 2.3 @ Unibet :hope
I disagree with many things in your post BUT I believe there is at least one surprise result expecting us all tonight - most likely in Israel or Milano ( or elsewhere ). You reasoned well what you believe is the right ''reading'' of this game. So far so good, you are betting with your money, you expect a surprise by Twente. My question: what happens if you are more then just right? Won't you be ABSOLUTELY gutted if Twente lead at Half Time? I mean if you believe in the Draw at Half Time, why don't you cover yourself and take Twente + 0,5 AH at Half Time?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November After Real has beaten Ajax 4-0 without a problem they are in a very good mood and showed all that they give everything they have even when they are already qualified.Barca will do it as well tonight.They also habe beaten Almeria 8-0 on saturday and hey will continue to destroy their opponent,especially Messi and Krkic are on fire:tongue2 Barca HC 2 -1 2,00 betclic 4 pts GL:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Inter-Twente Coach Benitez will be fired if they don´t win today,but I think they will have a hard match.Twente will defend like a wall.Inter still without a few player,especiallyy in their defense. Inter HC2 2,35 3pts expekt Inter HCX 3,40 2pts betclic GL:tongue2

I disagree with many things in your post BUT I believe there is at least one surprise result expecting us all tonight - most likely in Israel or Milano ( or elsewhere ). You reasoned well what you believe is the right ''reading'' of this game. So far so good, you are betting with your money, you expect a surprise by Twente. My question: what happens if you are more then just right? Won't you be ABSOLUTELY gutted if Twente lead at Half Time? I mean if you believe in the Draw at Half Time, why don't you cover yourself and take Twente + 0,5 AH at Half Time?
I understand my mistake now, I was just surfing around Unibet at that moment and they dont have the Half Time handicap offers, just the HT results..Pinnacle has it , but I completely forgot about that since I use HT handicaps rarely there..Wich I should in the future. Thanks for pointing out nicko :cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November I don't think Benfica or Barcelona will risk a loss here. They will definitely play for the win. Although I won't back Barcelona cause I don't like to put money on teams with such low odds but they will probably win this one. With a win tonight Benfica can really make a big step into the next round. Schalke is facing OL.Lyon and points will be spoiled there. Cardozo is back for Benfica and that's a boost for the team. This guy always scores goals whether it's an important game or not. Great striker in my eyes! Their opponent Hapoel tel aviv only collected 1 point and are clearly the weakest side in this group. Under normal circumstances Benfica should win this one pretty easy. They have a great squad available.No important missings. Lista de convocados: Guarda-redes: Roberto, Júlio César e Moreira; Defesas: Maxi Pereira, Luisão, David Luiz, Sidnei, César Peixoto e Fábio Coentrão. Médios: Javi García, Ruben Amorim, Carlos Martins, Felipe Menezes, Pablo Aimar, Salvio e Gaitán; Avançados: Cardozo, Saviola, Kardec, Nuno Gomes e Jara. I have a accumulator with Benfica, Man utd and Tottenham -1 for tonight! Goodluck!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November thanks mate much appreciated i heard cordozo was back but wasnt sure if they were going to risk him for the game and like u said they need to win to have a chance ov going tru to the next stage only thing that puts me off is they have not been playing well this season..bt hnstly hapoel are crap and benifica shud win gl

I hope we we return a profit tonight sir :hope Inter are lengthening and I'm not quite sure why. Last night you could back them at 1.50 and now I wake to find them at 1.63. This doesn't fill me with the greatest of confidence but I shall stick to my picks and back them same way. Tottenham AH (-1.5) @ 2.10 Inter AH (-1.00) @ 2.075 Valencia AH (-2.00) @ 2.10
I think that's due to their poor performance recently. But remember when Liverpool finished 5th in Premier League and won Champions League the same season. Benitez somehow prefers Champions League and as an Inter supporter I will not mind if Inter wins Champions League again and finishes 10th in Serie A.

I think that's due to their poor performance recently. But remember when Liverpool finished 5th in Premier League and won Champions League the same season. Benitez somehow prefers Champions League and as an Inter supporter I will not mind if Inter wins Champions League again and finishes 10th in Serie A.
True, Champions league nights always bring something special to every game. Can't compare them with league games for sure! I wouldn't be surprised if Inter wins this with more then one goal margin. GL though

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November I don't really see how relevant Benitez's supposed preference the CL at Liverpool matters for Inter tonight. Unless he is somehow saying to the players before the Chievo match "don't worry too much about this game, because Twente on Wednesday is the match I really care about", or maybe "forget about the last match with Chievo, because this is match I really care about". He may well have a personal preference but how do you get that across to the players positively? He doesn't have the backing of the players right now, they just don't seem motivated. Rumoured that if they fail to win tonight Benitez could be sacked. I can't really speculate how that will effect the players or the manager but I'd say he has 3 or 4 ish games to keep his job. Inter are superior and should win, but any reasoning based on Benitez preferring the CL is a skewed in my opinion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November I haven't got any special info on the Barca game, but I think they'll approach it the same way as Madrid did yesterday, as in not weakening their squad too much, if at all. A loss would be an unnecessary disturbance from the clash with Madrid and in Barca's case they could even miss qualification. The chances are of course slim, but if Kazan were to win tonight and Barca were to lose, they could be under pressure in their last game, having to win/draw against Kazan. Which sounds easy, but oddly they haven't won against Kazan three times now and were even defeated by Kazan the last time they met at Camp Nou. Personally I don't think history will repeat itself, but why take the risk, if they can get something out of today's game? Their form is excellent and what's admirable about Barca is that they can replace almost any player without too much of a hassle with either their system nor their automatisms. They just function really well. But Greek teams are traditionally very strong at home and Barca might settle for a draw, especially if Kazan fail to win in their game earlier tonight. Then again, last week's defeats of Almeria and Bilbao seemed to be all about shock and awe in regard to El Clasico imho, both are peaking, which is why I couldn't see either of them lose before yesterday, so if they were to continue this ranged duel, it should be a win, no? Wouldn't get to carried away with it though, since there are lots of good games and a Barca win may seem preferable but a draw would suit them just as fine in regards to their goal record (Kazan would have to win 3 or 4 nil at Camp nou, doesn't sound likely). But since I'm pretty impressed with what ease Barca win lately, I've taken them earlier with a small stake at -1 normal handicap, along with Tottenham/Bremen 3.5 overs, and Valencia -2 handicap. Comes to around 11 odds, which may not work, but seems a good price considering it's not too far-fetched. Have been more conservative with my other bets though.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Hi Guys just one bet tonight. Schalke-Lyon both to score @ 1.73, I feel it would be criminal to let this one slip under the radar. I am sorry dont have batch of stats to back this one up. Just feel that both have weak defences and will go for a win.

I understand my mistake now' date=' I was just surfing around Unibet at that moment and they dont have the Half Time handicap offers, just the HT results..Pinnacle has it , but I completely forgot about that since I use HT handicaps rarely there..Wich I should in the future. Thanks for pointing out nicko :cheers[/quote'] :ok

SportFootball (Champions League)
EventTottenham - Werder
SelectionTottenham (-1) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date24/11/2010
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.87
ReasoningChampions League,round 5 of group stage. Spurs already prove that they are capable of doing some big things this season.With incredible Gareth Bale and in-form Van der Vart,Modric and Crouch,Tottenham tonight has match-point for qualification in knock-out phase.Few days ago,Spurs made brilliant turnover against arch rivals Arsenal at Emirates-after being two goals down at HT,they managed to win in the end 3:2!I am sure this result will give big boost to hosts tonight. On the other side,Germans are in horrible shape.Last weekend they were trushed against Schalke-0:4 and everything looks hopeless for Werder.Their main striker Pizzaro is injured,so I believe that Redknap's guys will prevail here and win without problems.

SportFootball (Champions League)
EventPanathinaikos - Barcelona
SelectionBarcelona (-1.25) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date24/11/2010
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.88
ReasoningChampions League,round 5 of group stage. It is obvious who is clear favourite tonight.Barca is in miracle form,last weekend they demolished Almeria 8:0 away from home and it looks like Messi and co. have no mercy for their opponents.Pep Guardiola already announced that Barca will play with best possible squad and after last night big win for Real in Amsterdam,I am sure that Catalans will be fully motivated to respond in same manner. PAO simply lacks quality to stop Barca's offensive power,so I see easy away win here.

...bt honestly hapoel are crap and benifica shud win
Hmmm, I saw extended highlights of Hapoel at home to Schalke. Very impressive, if it wasn't for Neuer Schalke could have lost with a margin. The Germans were allowed only one good spell, between 65' and 80' and that was it. I've noticed all Israeli teams have a ''no surrender'' attitude, regardless of where they are in the table, regardless what the current score is, and they often cost me. Wouldn't touch Benfica at odds below 2,25- 2,30, in other words after HT if they can't score earlier. I also saw on Eurosport that Aymar-Saviola interview, but how exactly that could make any game a winner - ''everything is in our hands now'' - I mean that is a statement based on a wish. Maybe the odds are influenced by that convincing win of Lyon there, but the French play different to Benfica, who IMO will leave a bit more space than Lyon. Clearly NO BET at these odds, although a tricky one comes to mind - HT Benfica/FT Draw and HT Hapoel/FT Draw...

thanks mate much appreciated i heard cordozo was back but wasnt sure if they were going to risk him for the game and like u said they need to win to have a chance ov going tru to the next stage only thing that puts me off is they have not been playing well this season..bt hnstly hapoel are crap and benifica shud win gl
Mate, could you please lose the text speak :ok Everyone needs to be able to understand your post.

Hi Guys just one bet tonight. Schalke-Lyon both to score @ 1.73' date=' I feel it would be criminal to let this one slip under the radar. I am sorry dont have batch of stats to back this one up. Just feel that both have weak defences and will go for a win.[/quote'] Now this is a very sensible pick from you, and I will follow with medium stakes, although it is @ 1,80 with bet365. GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Panathinaikos v Barcelona - Draw @ 9/2 Ladbrokes (50/11 with Bwin) This bet is simply based on the stats I've seen regarding Barcelona's away form in the CL. This season away: Rubin Kazan 1-1 FC Copenhagen 0-0 Last Season away: Kiev 2-1 win Rubin Kazan 0-0 Inter 0-0 Arsenal 2-2 Stuttgart 1-1 Inter 3-1 defeat Not the best away stats despite their excellent away form in la liga. Worth a small bet.

Hmmm, I saw extended highlights of Hapoel at home to Schalke. Very impressive, if it wasn't for Neuer Schalke could have lost with a margin. The Germans were allowed only one good spell, between 65' and 80' and that was it. I've noticed all Israeli teams have a ''no surrender'' attitude, regardless of where they are in the table, regardless what the current score is, and they often cost me. Wouldn't touch Benfica at odds below 2,25- 2,30, in other words after HT if they can't score earlier. I also saw on Eurosport that Aymar-Saviola interview, but how exactly that could make any game a winner - ''everything is in our hands now'' - I mean that is a statement based on a wish. Maybe the odds are influenced by that convincing win of Lyon there, but the French play different to Benfica, who IMO will leave a bit more space than Lyon. Clearly NO BET at these odds, although a tricky one comes to mind - HT Benfica/FT Draw and HT Hapoel/FT Draw...
and at that point schalke were not playing good at all not untill this past weekend they showed everyone what they are capable off but for benfica with the talents of aimar saviola cordoza, and knowing they need a victory they should get one it all depends on the mind set of the benfica players. they did have a good victory on the weeknd 4-0, benfica need all 3 points from this game they should get it but like you said the odds are not appealing at all..

and at that point schalke were not playing good at all not untill this past weekend they showed everyone what they are capable off but for benfica with the talents of aimar saviola cordoza' date=' and knowing they need a victory they should get one it all depends on the mind set of the benfica players. they did have a good victory on the weeknd 4-0, benfica need all 3 points from this game they should get it but like you said the odds are not appealing at all..[/quote'] True, but only part of it...At that point Schalke had two wins in the Champions League, including over Benfica, and a narrow defeat away to Lyon. Mind set of players? In CL groups all teams have winning mind set, remember Zilina last night?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November I was going to try Valencia -2AH but I'll leave it alone....Bursaspor are by far the worst champions league team ever and will be going for damage limitation tonight.They lost 3-0 and 4-0 at home but only 1-0 and 1-0 away.I think they feel they have to come out and play infront of their home fans but away even if they go 1-0 down I don't think they will open up. Valencia I think will miss 4 players from their 3-0 win against Rangers and they should hockey Bursaspor but I'll leave it ........

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 24th November Wayne Rooney is 2.44 to score on Betfair. This has to be the clearest lay of all time. One goal since March. Have taken a speculative 0-1 correct score in this match. Have also taken the under 2.5 market in the Spurs game at 2.98. I see the market as over reacting around Spurs. The Germans aren't a bad team and they could shut up shop.

Inter-Twente Coach Benitez will be fired if they don´t win today,but I think they will have a hard match.Twente will defend like a wall.Inter still without a few player,especiallyy in their defense. Inter HC2 2,35 3pts expekt Inter HCX 3,40 2pts betclic GL:tongue2
That mean that we should lay Inter and enjoy player party after match because they will celebrate for sure when Benitez get sacked :drums Even everything leads to massive Tottenham victory I will stay out of this one, because I don't want to cry later if public failure happened once again. But anyway, good luck to all of you :hope