** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 1-7 November

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November 3 games for me, all bets with William Hill

Chela Juan Ignacio vs Davydenko Nikolay at 2.47

I had this match up at evens and to my surprise I see the odds are hugely in favour of the Argentinean. Now regular posters will know Im not particularly fond of Russians at the moment and the bookies have taken a big risk by under valuing Chela.

He leads the head to head 6-1 with 4 of those matches on clay but the last winner was Chela in umag this year on clay.

After Ive said all that you do wonder why the bookies don’t have this match at evens.Is chela struggling with fitness?

All the same if funny behind the scenes things happen, Ive gone with the huge odds so that means double cover

Cuevas Pablo vs Starace Potito at 2.89

My natural inclination was to go for the Uruguayan, he is an extremely good clay courter and is adaptable enough on other surfaces, especially with his returns, but then at those odds, common.

After a look at the odds I had to find other reasons to not back him like fatigue, his 0-2 record against Potita, and the fact that the Italian has some very impressive results of late, especially in Russia.

The fact that the Italian has beaten him twice on his favorite surface clay tells me he pretty much matches Cuevas in all departments.

Starface can be erratic as his lose to Lu in petersberg proved but I believe he is value at these odds.

Monfils Gael vs Wawrinka Stanislas at 1.83

I expected Gael’s odds to be way lower but I guess his reputation is getting ahead of him.He is a clear favourite for me, I watched Stan struggle against seppi and he is not in the post US open form anymore.To be honest with the poor form of most players in this late season Stan has failed to capitalize and watching some of his US open wins, m not convinced this guy can ,make the step up.

Gael is a rhythm player and his rhythm is back. It will be a tough encounter possibly passing the overs mark but Gael will take this.

GL:hope

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November

3 games for me' date= all bets with William Hill

I had this match up at evens and to my surprise I see the odds are hugely in favour of the Argentinean. Now regular posters will know Im not particularly fond of Russians at the moment and the bookies have taken a big risk by under valuing Chela.

He leads the head to head 6-1 with 4 of those matches on clay but the last winner was Chela in umag this year on clay.

After Ive said all that you do wonder why the bookies don’t have this match at evens.Is chela struggling with fitness?

All the same if funny behind the scenes things happen, Ive gone with the huge odds so that means double cover

My natural inclination was to go for the Uruguayan, he is an extremely good clay courter and is adaptable enough on other surfaces, especially with his returns, but then at those odds, common.

After a look at the odds I had to find other reasons to not back him like fatigue, his 0-2 record against Potita, and the fact that the Italian has some very impressive results of late, especially in Russia.

The fact that the Italian has beaten him twice on his favorite surface clay tells me he pretty much matches Cuevas in all departments.

Starface can be erratic as his lose to Lu in petersberg proved but I believe he is value at these odds.

I expected Gael’s odds to be way lower but I guess his reputation is getting ahead of him.He is a clear favourite for me, I watched Stan struggle against seppi and he is not in the post US open form anymore.To be honest with the poor form of most players in this late season Stan has failed to capitalize and watching some of his US open wins, m not convinced this guy can ,make the step up.

Gael is a rhythm player and his rhythm is back. It will be a tough encounter possibly passing the overs mark but Gael will take this.

I think you may be wrong about Chela but that would be quite logical. Monfils is going strong right now and I think he takes it in 3 sets.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Decided to handicap everything as a challenge, so take this with a little grain of salt. Reasonings are on sports-punter.com if you are interested, but since posting 12 games here would be considered both as worthless and as spam I guess, these 3 would be my betting picks. Stepanek (-3) vs. Giraldo - 1.87 at Pinnacle, 7/10 I was impressed to see Stepanek in such a good form against Brands and he should be flying against Giraldo, who seems to have no weapons against the serve-volley style Stepanek uses quite a lot. He had an easy first round, since he was playing against a qualifier, but against the classier player, he should not have much chances. Gasquet (-4) vs. Kamke - 2.09 at Pinnacle, 5/10 Kamke beat Berdych, but the Czech was apparently still in the worst form of the year. Gasquet, on the other hand, was quite impressive against Lu, not making many mistakes and pushing when needed. His serve was solid and while Kamke will be playing on confidence, the Frenchmen is a step up in class here, so I fancy him to do the job. Monfils (+1.5) vs. Wawrinka - 1.94 at Pinnacle, 5/10 Monfils should be the slight favourite here given latest form. He also wants to impress before the Davis Cup, while Wawrinka is here purely for ranking points and his shaky start in last rounds suggests that he may not be fully concentrated and in good form. He was solid in Stockholm, but seems to be a little worse here. The leans are: Ferrer -5 Andujar +4 Djokovic -4.5 Roddick -3 Nalbandian -3.5 Troicki -3 Soderling -5 Chela +2.5 Cuevas -3

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Just a small help/reminder to all of you regarding chase for final masters... (from tennisinsight.com - I hope I didn't broke any rule with this copy paste) Nadal/Fed/Djoko/Murray/Sod have made it, and Berdy has too, barring a miracle. Remaining two are currently filled by.... 7th: Roddick. Can add points this week with a qf or better. A Basel qf and a Paris R16 might just leave him a few points short though, if Ferrer wins Valencia and Verdasco or Youz have a big week next. QF at both and he's safe. 8th: Ferrer. Can add points this week with a final or better. A Valencia final and Paris R16 will almost certainly secure his place. The chasing pack.... 9th: Verdasco. He now needs at bare minimum a quarterfinal in Paris, and that only works if Ferrer misses Paris. A semifinal might just be enough though. 10th: Youzhny. Needs a final in Paris. 11th: Melzer. Needs to win Paris 12th: Tsonga. Out for the season Nobody else can make it.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Three bets for me tomorrow. - Viktor Troicki (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (6/10) These two have never met before but I'm going to plump with Troicki. I am a fan of the way Gasquet plays but he's not a man to side with in close matches, and this one has that feeling about it. Gasquet is likely to self-destruct when matches get tight. Indoors is not really his beef either, while Troicki loves these conditions. The Serb battered Michael Berrer before getting a bye and he's out to impress in a bid to make the Serbian Davis Cup team. He'll get plenty of cheap points on serve and has posted some good wins indoors recently. He was on the cusp of beating Rafael Nadal in Tokyo too, and he's a player who is getting better as he gains more confidence. Conditions are right for him here to beat Gasquet. - Andy Roddick (vs David Nalbandian) @ 2.07 with Pinnacle (5/10) Another intriguing match-up. They haven't met since 2006, and Roddick leads the H2H 3-2. Their most famous clash was in the semis of the US Open in 2003, when Roddick came back from two sets down to win. It was the match that really got Roddick his title. Both men have changed a great deal since then and as dangerous as Nalbandian is indoors, I'm going to side with Roddick. Once again, serve is a factor. Roddick is pretty consistent, while Nalbandian offers too many presents in that department. Roddick's desperate to make London too for the Masters, and he's a brilliant competitor when he's got something to hold on to. He's like a dog with a bone. This'll be a tight one too but Roddick's got more to play for here and I reckon he's in a slightly better place than Nalbandian right now. - Gilles Simon -2.5 games AH (vs Nikolay Davydenko) @ 1.812 with Pinnacle (5/10) I wouldn't let this price get any lower but I feel Simon should be on at least -3.5 games here. He's playing well, Davydenko isn't. He was lucky that Juan Ignacio Chela was just as bad as him today. Both men couldn't hold serve with much ease and the Russian will really have to step up his game if he's to beat an in-form Simon. I can't see him doing it, mainly because he seems very low on confidence. He doesn't play with much margin for error and right now, most of his shots aren't making it. Simon's a disasterous match-up in that respect because he loves to feed players the ball and make them hit errors. Right now, I can see Davydenko falling for that. The Frenchman is playing well and also had the Davis Cup factor - he's in the running to be the French No.2 in Serbia. He leads the H2H 3-1 and has won both meetings on hard. I feel Simon can do it again. :hope

Nobody plays Hantuchova- Wickmayer ??? H2H is 4-0 for Hantuchova ... ?
Tailing @ Pinnacle 2.280. Did not follow matches from Bali, but Hantuchova and Kimiko attended opening ritual ceremony, and Kimiko just upset Li-Na, so taking both H2H and opening ritual together, this is a must try :-) GL :hope

Three bets for me tomorrow. - Viktor Troicki (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (6/10) These two have never met before but I'm going to plump with Troicki. I am a fan of the way Gasquet plays but he's not a man to side with in close matches, and this one has that feeling about it. Gasquet is likely to self-destruct when matches get tight. Indoors is not really his beef either, while Troicki loves these conditions. The Serb battered Michael Berrer before getting a bye and he's out to impress in a bid to make the Serbian Davis Cup team. He'll get plenty of cheap points on serve and has posted some good wins indoors recently. He was on the cusp of beating Rafael Nadal in Tokyo too, and he's a player who is getting better as he gains more confidence. Conditions are right for him here to beat Gasquet. - Andy Roddick (vs David Nalbandian) @ 2.07 with Pinnacle (5/10) Another intriguing match-up. They haven't met since 2006, and Roddick leads the H2H 3-2. Their most famous clash was in the semis of the US Open in 2003, when Roddick came back from two sets down to win. It was the match that really got Roddick his title. Both men have changed a great deal since then and as dangerous as Nalbandian is indoors, I'm going to side with Roddick. Once again, serve is a factor. Roddick is pretty consistent, while Nalbandian offers too many presents in that department. Roddick's desperate to make London too for the Masters, and he's a brilliant competitor when he's got something to hold on to. He's like a dog with a bone. This'll be a tight one too but Roddick's got more to play for here and I reckon he's in a slightly better place than Nalbandian right now. - Gilles Simon -2.5 games AH (vs Nikolay Davydenko) @ 1.812 with Pinnacle (5/10) I wouldn't let this price get any lower but I feel Simon should be on at least -3.5 games here. He's playing well, Davydenko isn't. He was lucky that Juan Ignacio Chela was just as bad as him today. Both men couldn't hold serve with much ease and the Russian will really have to step up his game if he's to beat an in-form Simon. I can't see him doing it, mainly because he seems very low on confidence. He doesn't play with much margin for error and right now, most of his shots aren't making it. Simon's a disasterous match-up in that respect because he loves to feed players the ball and make them hit errors. Right now, I can see Davydenko falling for that. The Frenchman is playing well and also had the Davis Cup factor - he's in the running to be the French No.2 in Serbia. He leads the H2H 3-1 and has won both meetings on hard. I feel Simon can do it again. :hope
I can only get 1.7 for the -3.5 handicap for Simon, and the outright is 1.6 so might just go for the outright. The game line may interest me though.

I wasnt impressed by Nalby against Cilic, he lost serve twice in the first set against Cilic and he wont get any gifts from Roddick.I was impressed by Andy’s resolve against Querrey getting through the tie breaks and as much as Nalby’s record in Basle is better than Roddick I have to agree and take Andy, although it’s a risky bet.

I have a grudge against Troicki, he lost me money 2 weeks back, but then again if I have to trust someone between the two it has to be Troicki. Risky again, but since the line is even and I expect no risky behind the scenes activity I will go for Troicki.

Is it just me or can Granollers take out Monaco? I don’t quite rate these Argentinians indoors and the bookies are obviously reading too much into the win over murray. If you watched the match it was one of Murray’s walk abouts and as much as I don’t deny how much Monaco has impressed in the last few weeks, Granollers is a really good player and will relish the local conditions. He easily beat Andujar who usually gives him a lot of problems and expect him to make a match of this. I might go for the over game line.

My last hunch bet is Monfilis against Soderling, well the line is about right but can the Frenchman really cap a good month with a win over the Swede. Surely if Ferrer can beat Soderling indoors, Monfilis can.Yes, I know Sod has improved in recent weeks but it only takes a few retrieving shots from gael to frustrate him.

I may be wrong but Monfilis has the desire and ability to take out the Swede and I’m thinking of pulling the trigger.

3 games for me' date= all bets with William Hill

:tongue2Profit, starface lost me money 2 weeks back so he owed me one and he delivered.I expect Ferrer to murder him today though, monfilis was easy money, wish I had staked more.Davy just about got through, but Im going against him like a contract killer today:dude GL

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Atko, I have something especially for you :spank :ok http://www.sportske.net/vest/tenis/janko-pod-istragom-31588.html It's not on english but i will wrote short summarize for non-balcan users.. Betfair said that after 1:0 lead in sets for Tipsa at odds 15,00 for Zeballos, there were settled 1.500.000,00 GBP for his victory and I don't need to account outcome of this. And more interesting in this story is explanation of Tipsa: " I couldn't run neither left neither right, just to run on net and play service-volley game. He notice that and start to force with long rallies.":pukeAnd he said nothing about 20 second serves in one service game. Next time he should do this with some better player who can win when other one doesn't want to do that :ok Also they notice that this is not the first time that he is accused for fixing but they never have any evidence, and also that this is not a single case from that tournament.

Atko, I have something especially for you :spank :ok http://www.sportske.net/vest/tenis/janko-pod-istragom-31588.html It's not on english but i will wrote short summarize for non-balcan users.. Betfair said that after 1:0 lead in sets for Tipsa at odds 15,00 for Zeballos, there were settled 1.500.000,00 GBP for his victory and I don't need to account outcome of this. And more interesting in this story is explanation of Tipsa: " I couldn't run neither left neither right, just to run on net and play service-volley game. He notice that and start to force with long rallies.":pukeAnd he said nothing about 20 second serves in one service game. Next time he should do this with some better player who can win when other one doesn't want to do that :ok Also they notice that this is not the first time that he is accused for fixing but they never have any evidence, and also that this is not a single case from that tournament.
:tongue2 Something strange happened in that match. I'm not denying it at all. Those odds movements suggest sinister forces at play. We just have to be careful on this board, that's all.

:tongue2 Something strange happened in that match. I'm not denying it at all. Those odds movements suggest sinister forces at play. We just have to be careful on this board, that's all.
Worst thing here is that nobody have any interest to solve this. Neither players, neither ATP, neither bookies... And that is said, because tennis was always sport of gentlemen. And't really can not see point of being silent regarding this, why not to warn others on forum if you notice something suspicious that can keep others from loosing their money... After all we are all here to change opinions and trying to help between ourselves.

Worst thing here is that nobody have any interest to solve this. Neither players, neither ATP, neither bookies... And that is said, because tennis was always sport of gentlemen. And't really can not see point of being silent regarding this, why not to warn others on forum if you notice something suspicious that can keep others from loosing their money... After all we are all here to change opinions and trying to help between ourselves.
I quite agree with this bit mate, but I'm just toeing the party line on this one. We can warn against things like this, but you can't call someone an outright fixer, especially before the event, without hard and fast evidence. Nobody can prove that Tipsarevic bungled the match. He says he was injured. That's what the ATP will listen to. I agree, the authorities and the industry should do more to investigate and stop it, but that's the way it is right now.

Atko, I have something especially for you :spank :ok http://www.sportske.net/vest/tenis/janko-pod-istragom-31588.html It's not on english but i will wrote short summarize for non-balcan users.. Betfair said that after 1:0 lead in sets for Tipsa at odds 15,00 for Zeballos, there were settled 1.500.000,00 GBP for his victory and I don't need to account outcome of this. And more interesting in this story is explanation of Tipsa: " I couldn't run neither left neither right, just to run on net and play service-volley game. He notice that and start to force with long rallies.":pukeAnd he said nothing about 20 second serves in one service game. Next time he should do this with some better player who can win when other one doesn't want to do that :ok Also they notice that this is not the first time that he is accused for fixing but they never have any evidence, and also that this is not a single case from that tournament.
Enough about Tipsa this guy just makes me Sick :puke:puke When he beat Roddick at the US open, he cost me money, when he plays a player he should beat he costs me money.I hate him:cry I hope the accusations stick with him forever and they boo him at wimbledon. As for you Boycie, with all this research :lol u must have put that 400 euros an the sorry excuse of a T player. Hope u recover your losses

Enough about Tipsa this guy just makes me Sick :puke:puke When he beat Roddick at the US open, he cost me money, when he plays a player he should beat he costs me money.I hate him:cry I hope the accusations stick with him forever and they boo him at wimbledon. As for you Boycie, with all this research :lol u must have put that 400 euros an the sorry excuse of a T player. Hope u recover your losses
:lol Fortunately I did, and that wasn't big stake at all. But I am not writing this bacause I am mad or because I want some fight, Atko knows that he is just adorable to me :tongue2 I just saw it in the morning and have thought it would be interested to post it here. An that Tipsa mug, he will get what he deserve, sooner or later :spank

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Monaco is really amazing...wins first and plays great tennis 6-1 and then breaks in the decider and loses. How bad can he get? I mean, if he would just force Granollers on the run a little, he would be so comfortable...but no...i wonder why some players just do not use their brain? Not complaining or anything, but when you see how much potential he had in the match and how he just did not use it, it is painful.

Monaco is really amazing...wins first and plays great tennis 6-1 and then breaks in the decider and loses. How bad can he get? I mean' date=' if he would just force Granollers on the run a little, he would be so comfortable...but no...i wonder why some players just do not use their brain? Not complaining or anything, but when you see how much potential he had in the match and how he just did not use it, it is painful.[/quote'] That's exactly why betting tennis is so exciting !

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Think i'll take Kleybanova tomorrow vs Hantuchova. 5/6 seems like a good price to me. 1-1 H2H but I think Kleybanova has been better in recent months. Hantuchova had a good win over nutcase Wickmayer but kleybanova should be a step up, she crushed Rezai today aswell....not really a surprise that but still convincing win. Some of Hantuchova's defeats in the last few tournements have been really bad......losing to Hercog on hard one of them. Kleybanova to beat Hantuchova @ 5/6(Will Hill:3pts)

- Viktor Troicki (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (6/10) WIN - Andy Roddick (vs David Nalbandian) @ 2.07 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN - Gilles Simon -2.5 games AH (vs Nikolay Davydenko) @ 1.812 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN
Fabby :ok

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Ivanovic v Date Krumm Selection Date Krumm Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 5.00 Reasoning Date Krumm is an incredible woman on the WTA tour battling at 40 years old and feel she has a chance here. In the Asian part of the season she's beaten the likes of Pavlyuchenkova, Sharapova, Hantuchova (retired), Stosur, Peer and in this tournament Li. This is very impressive and you have to think she has a chance against anybody. Ivanovic has found some nice form, and looked very good in first match of this tournament. But I just think Date is tough to play, and first time meeting may be tough for Ivanovic to figure out. Ivanovic has excellent 'plan A' but seems very limited on 'plan B' or 'C'. Also thinking of this tournament, strange end of season tournament prone to a lot of shocks, and could be another here. Sport Tennis Event Kleybanova v Hantuchova Selection Kleybanova Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.80 Reasoning Tough match but Kleybanova seems to deserve some level of favouritism. Her form seems a bit better coming in and generally has a bigger game. Hantuchova won meeting between the pair in the summer, but Kleybanova was in control before struggling in the heat. I feel Kleybanova deserves to be more like a 1.66-1.70 favourite so a little bit of value in the price.

Think i'll take Kleybanova tomorrow vs Hantuchova. 5/6 seems like a good price to me. 1-1 H2H but I think Kleybanova has been better in recent months. Hantuchova had a good win over nutcase Wickmayer but kleybanova should be a step up, she crushed Rezai today aswell....not really a surprise that but still convincing win. Some of Hantuchova's defeats in the last few tournements have been really bad......losing to Hercog on hard one of them. Kleybanova to beat Hantuchova @ 5/6(Will Hill:3pts)
I just can't work this lassie out (Kleybanova that is). One match she looks like a sturdy brute and then the next she just flimsily wilts without much resistance. She should win this match though, and the matches over the last week do seem to have taken a more predictable turn. I'm going for the Overs myself but we'll see how it plays out.

Monaco is really amazing...wins first and plays great tennis 6-1 and then breaks in the decider and loses. How bad can he get? I mean' date=' if he would just force Granollers on the run a little, he would be so comfortable...but no...i wonder why some players just do not use their brain? Not complaining or anything, but when you see how much potential he had in the match and how he just did not use it, it is painful.[/quote'] I know most of you will call me crazy but something was very strange about this match. In some moments some of the Monaco strokes looked out of any logic, his "body language" wasn't natural for someone who makes such misses and above all market movement on BF was also very strange. Don't want to go into details but i'm not completely convinced that it was all ok with this match. Just to make things clear i had +5.5 on Granollers at 1.40 in my locals so im glad it ended like that. :D