** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 1-7 November

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Well, to be honest, I have seen the first set and he was superb, so I turned it off and then turned it on for a while and at that moment he has just broken Granollers, so I turned it off again. :D What a surprise :D He should not come through Simon though I hope. And I guess that THAT alternative handicap could have gone very wrong :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Date was close, shame on that. Kleybanova looks like coming through. Wouldn't be backing any favs today! Sport Tennis Event Federer v Roddick Selection Roddick Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.47 Reasoning Federer very opposable these days, even in his home tournament. The game just seems shaky at times, still looks incredible at times, but he can be beaten. H2H is very much in Federers favour, but Roddick has kept belief and has won some matches and the last few have been much closer. They haven't played since the epic 2009 Wimbledon final and I think Roddick will be surprised when he sees Feds level and that it has dropped. Also looks a good spot for Roddick, not normally good at this time of year but he's playing for a place at O2 and looks fresh and in good shape this week. Sport Tennis Event Djokovic v Troicki Selection Troicki Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 4.50 Reasoning I don't normally like matches between these two, they often seem strange, but I'll try in this one. Troicki nearly had him in US Open, but Djokovic found something and rolled all the way to the final. Maybe now with this game not so important for Djokovic (although he is defending title) this could go the other way. Also a strange angle, these guys have to be focussed on Davis Cup final, and a win for Troicki would certainly boost confidence for him which could be important for 2nd singles spot. Anyway, Troicki is playing great the last couple of months - maybe pushing for that singles spot - and I think he has a good chance today. Sport Tennis Event Simon v Granollers Selection Granollers Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 4.33 Reasoning I like Granollers, but probably missed all the good action on him this week. But I think he can win this match. he got a good win from behind against Monaco yesterday, and playing at home looking for another push from him today. Simon is finding some form, and playing for a Davis Cup final spot, but maybe next week in Paris is a more important week for him. He had a very tough game against Davydenko yesterday and had to do a lot of running. Of course he deserves to be favourite, but when I look at it he just seems like a dodgy favourite today. Sport Tennis Event Soderling v Ferrer Selection Ferrer Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.51 Reasoning Ferrer has a lot of fight in those legs, especially in his home tournament. The surface seems to be playing a bit slow, and Soderling the only big sever in the final 4. Soderling leads H2H but matches tend to be close and Ferrer has had success against Soderling this year. I'm not convinced by Soderlings form, win over Monfils could be considered good or it could have been a good spot. I like the price on Ferrer, as have this a very even game.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Fed Cup: Italy v USA Selection Lay USA (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.31 Reasoning Can't see a lot of hope for USA in this final. Italy are a great team, they play really well together and love this tournament. Last year in the final it was a rout for Italy and can't see anything different here. Schiavone and Pennetta are both class and levels above the Americans Vandeweghe and Mattek Sands who are nominated for the first games. USA have an edge in the doubles with Mattek-Sands and Huber but I really doubt it will come down to that.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November

Sport Tennis Event Simon v Granollers Selection Granollers Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 4.33 Reasoning I like Granollers, but probably missed all the good action on him this week. But I think he can win this match. he got a good win from behind against Monaco yesterday, and playing at home looking for another push from him today. Simon is finding some form, and playing for a Davis Cup final spot, but maybe next week in Paris is a more important week for him. He had a very tough game against Davydenko yesterday and had to do a lot of running. Of course he deserves to be favourite, but when I look at it he just seems like a dodgy favourite today.
How in hell do you expect to have value on Granollers even at these odds? You are talking yourself into a bet here: 'finding some form'. Okay granted Davydenko being inconsistent and shaky and Verdasco not being his old self, but he did beat them alongside Nalbandian back in Lyon. On the flip side Granollers, being the Lucky Loser losing against Gabashvili, beating Paire and Andujar in straight sets could be considered as okay, but winning against Monaco was non of Granollers great efforts just Monaco failing, where you could even suggest that Monaco threw the game. Also H2H 1-0 on hardcourt I see this match going nowhere than a clear 2-0 win where Simon will smartly push Granollers into making errors. I'm taking the 2-0 at unibet for 1.70

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Foreseeing two tough semifinals in Basel today Federrer vs Roddick, selection: three setter @ Pinnacle 2.793 From 23 H2H matches, only 8 did not went the full distance. I think the odds are really superb. Troicki vs Djokovic, selection: three setter @ Pinnacle 2.775 The clash of two Serbs, one defending Champion, the second with superb service game and still to offer a breakpoint. Whoever wins the first set will tank the second one. Here again, I would say the odds are superb. Technical note: Pinnacle does not offer "three setter" selection explicitly, but it can be combined from two "player wins 2-1" set bets. You choose the desired payout of the bet (equals the sum of Risk and To Win amounts), let's say 100 EUR, and risk 100/odds_1 (european decimal) on "player 1 wins 2-1", and 100/odds_2 on "player 2 wins 2-1" selections. Here odds_1 and odds_2 are european decimal odds of the two selections in question.

Think i'll take Kleybanova tomorrow vs Hantuchova. 5/6 seems like a good price to me. 1-1 H2H but I think Kleybanova has been better in recent months. Hantuchova had a good win over nutcase Wickmayer but kleybanova should be a step up, she crushed Rezai today aswell....not really a surprise that but still convincing win. Some of Hantuchova's defeats in the last few tournements have been really bad......losing to Hercog on hard one of them. Kleybanova to beat Hantuchova @ 5/6(Will Hill:3pts)
WIN. Crushed Hantuchova. I too cannot see Granollers beating Simon, he played well against Monaco after going a set behind.....he occasionally has these matches where's he makes few errors and fights like crazy. Not sure that will be enough against Simon though who will grind all day long. But Cramer only needs to hit a couple of dogs for profit, so good luck!

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Decided on one bet on tennis this week after all... Coco Vandeweghe +5 AH vs Francesca Schiavone. 1.97 @ Pinnacle (5/10) The first match in the Fed Cup final. It will be a huge occasion for young Coco Vandeweghe. She might be nervous at the start but when she'll get over her nerves she should be fine. Have seen her play quite few times this year and I think she is totally underrated in today's match. The odds are ridiculous for sure. Coco has got massive serve and brutal forehand. The other parts of her game needs improvement but she has shown already what she's capable of doing. Interesting thing here is that the match will take place in San Diego. She played WTA premier event there in summer and got to 1/4finals before being knocked out by Kuznetsova. Remember Vandeweghe failing to serve out the first set as the nerves got better of her. She's got more experience at the moment. I do believe that indoors surface will suit her game. Schiavone struggles against big hitters and will not have it easy this time around either. 5 games handicap looks really good to me here.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Pennetta v Mattek-Sands Selection Lay Mattek-Sands (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.01 Reasoning Difference in class here. Neither has played much lately, so won't look too much into the form they've had in the games they have played. But Pennetta did win the doubles at the end of year championships, which should give her a boost. As I mentioned earlier the Italians have a great team spirit, and play well in these Fed Cup matches. I fully expect Pennetta to come through this.

How in hell do you expect to have value on Granollers even at these odds? You are talking yourself into a bet here: 'finding some form'. Okay granted Davydenko being inconsistent and shaky and Verdasco not being his old self, but he did beat them alongside Nalbandian back in Lyon. On the flip side Granollers, being the Lucky Loser losing against Gabashvili, beating Paire and Andujar in straight sets could be considered as okay, but winning against Monaco was non of Granollers great efforts just Monaco failing, where you could even suggest that Monaco threw the game. Also H2H 1-0 on hardcourt I see this match going nowhere than a clear 2-0 win where Simon will smartly push Granollers into making errors. I'm taking the 2-0 at unibet for 1.70
No need to comment, hope you didn't lose too much pal:ok

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Wow, what a match with Granollers again :D Happy that I took the unders...but he really has not the style for hard courts, just somehow manages to frustrate his opponents :D Anyway, when was the last final with such a gap in class? I mean....he surely does not have a chance...this time..I hope :D

Foreseeing two tough semifinals in Basel today Federrer vs Roddick, selection: three setter @ Pinnacle 2.793 LOSS Troicki vs Djokovic, selection: three setter @ Pinnacle 2.775 LOSS
Troick-Djokovic was close, but in Federer-Roddick this bet was probably somewhat far stretched.
[...snip...] Event Simon v Granollers Selection Granollers
This was so crazy that I must have followed - and saved my day. Congrats :clap

Wow, what a match with Granollers again :D Happy that I took the unders...but he really has not the style for hard courts, just somehow manages to frustrate his opponents :D Anyway, when was the last final with such a gap in class? I mean....he surely does not have a chance...this time..I hope :D
I took the unders as well and if Granollers had let that second set lead slip I would've taken a hiatus until the Aussie Open. On a side-note, I don't know why hawk-eye isn't being used for these events. That Simon forehand that landed clearly out was a joke.

No need to comment' date=' hope you didn't lose too much pal:ok[/quote'] Obvious talking after the match is the easiest. Gratz with the pick, still I think it wasn't a plus EV bet. Took it 5/10 btw so wasn't too big of a loss also thanks to Ferrer. GL

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Ivanovic v Kleybanova Selection Kleybanova Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.46 Reasoning Like getting some juice on Kleybanova here. H2H is 3-3 butt of a mixed bag, seems to be about who produces on the day. Kleybanova got some early wins when she was more of an unknown coming up. Based on the level of play I saw in the semi final, I'd favour Kleybanova but Hantuchova didn't put up much resistance. Because it's a final, I'd sway more towards Ivanovic as she seems to be more of a winner. Overall I think this price is a bit generous, and will gladly take it.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Federer v Djokovic Selection Djokovic Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.06 Reasoning Market is a bit weird here, Djokovic gone from about 2.74 to just over 3.00 at Betfair and Pinnacle. At this price, and assuming nothing wrong with him, this is worth a go. Djokovic beat Federer in the final here last year when he wasn't really fancied (went off about 3.90) and I'm sure he'd love to beat Federer at home again. Djokovic won the biggest match between the two this year at US Open, but Fed more two other meetings. See this as a close game, and as mentioned abover was going to leave it at 2.74, thought that was fair, but this price looks good.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November One for me today. - Roger Federer -3 games AH (vs Novak Djokovic) @ 2.11 with Pinnacle (5/10) Repeat of last year's final in Basel and there's no doubt both men will be desperate to win this. I really do fancy Federer to take it this time though, for a couple of reasons. He's been playing very well this week and has swatted aside everything that has been put in front of him. It's clear that he wants his home crown back and this will be a final where he will put everything into it. Djokovic has played well here too but he's not been as strong on serve as he normally is - Viktor Troicki saw a few openings in the semi and an in-form Federer will take advantage. The Swiss is still hurting from his US Open defeat to Djokovic and he defeated him in Shanghai a few weeks ago. Federer likes to cement his authority over pretenders to his throne and I expect him to do that here. I think Federer has enough to win him home crown and can cover the line in the progress. :hope

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Sport Tennis Event Ferrer v Granollers Selection Granollers +4.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.10 Reasoning Granollers again, don't think he'll win this one but think he can cover a handicap and like getting over evens. Finals are often about attitude, and if he goes out playing the same way he did against Ferrer then this should be a cracking match. Ferrer has looked good this week, but a little suspect on serve and hopefully Granollers can get into him and keep this close.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 November Some impressive stats from Federer this week and if he keep that momentum it will be hard for Djokovic to get something from this final even with his awesome current form.. Federer vs Andy Roddick: Federer won 94% of the points on his first serve. Federer vs Radek Stepanek: Federer won 86% of the points on his first serve. Federer vs Janko Tipsarevic: Federer won 100% of the points on his first serve. Federer vs Alexandr Dolgopolov: Federer won 95% of the points on his first serve. I was thinking to back Fedex in this one, and after all of this (even Djoko wont allow percentage over 80 i think) and considering the fact he chose the surface I am quite sure about winner of this one.