** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October

"Liverpool is crap", that's what bookies want to hear. Everyone will have Napoli, Napoli 1X and Napoli DNB in their combos and it's a 50/50 game actually. Why is Napoli so great? Maybe it's a "Name from the past" overreaction too. They were outplayed by Steaua two weeks ago in the first half. Now come on, Steaua? Makes me laugh. DRAW sounds very well here, bookies' best choice ;)
You apparently have not watched Napoli play this season. You also have NO clue when it comes to what the bookies want to hear. Napoli were outplayed? If out played how did they manage to come back on the road to draw 3-3? It's punters like you that are rather foolish.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Liverpool is crap", that's what bookies want to hear. Everyone will have Napoli, Napoli 1X and Napoli DNB in their combos and it's a 50/50 game actually. Why is Napoli so great? Maybe it's a "Name from the past" overreaction too. They were outplayed by Steaua two weeks ago in the first half. Now come on, Steaua? Makes me laugh. DRAW sounds very well here, bookies' best choice ;)
This is also a hilarious statement, name me one person who believes in this? Ask ultravires or other Italian punters if we even associate the "name from the past" hahaha. Ridiculous. Unlike Liverpool who are now living off their name and reputation, Napoli are actually play some good football. I'm not wager on Napoli -0.25 because Liverpool are shit, it's because Napoli are right now the better squad and rightfully so.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Thursday 21.10.10 Napoli-Liverpool For Napoli to win this match tonight is crucial in optical qualification, whereas the blue after the game tonight will have a single home game (against Steaua) and two away demanding (in England and Holland against the 'Utrecht). Napoli after the drab 0-0 at home against Utrecht was the protagonist of a great comeback in the field of Steaua (from 0-3 to 3-3) and for the match against Liverpool coach Mazzarri seems willing, in contrast to made in the previous two meetings, to deploy the best possible line-up by putting the turn-over. Liverpool is experiencing a very turbulent start to the season and a corporate point of view, which is dotted with numerous rumors about possible new buyer of the club, and sports, as the team deals with the 'last place in the Premier League standings with 6 points won in 8 matches. For the match against Napoli Mr. Hodgson will be without key players such as defenders Johnson (7 appearances) and Agger (6 caps), midfielders Lucas (5 appearances), Meireles (5 appearances) and Gerrard (8 appearances, 3 goals) and the striker Fernando Torres (8 appearances, 1 goal), in addition to 'injured Kuyt. Given the 'current state of fitness of both teams, the great enthusiasm that we will be in Naples for a match so prestigious and absences which must cope with Liverpool, I think the Napoli can hit a good win for the qualification. Napoli AH (-0.5), 5/10 stakes, odds 1.93, bet365

Are you still going on about Babel being some kind of superstar/hero? He has done nothing, EVER! You go on about the manager not giving him a chance but thats bull, he's just useless. If he can't get a starting place in the Liverpool these days then he obviously has got very few talents! Anyway, i'm also on Napoli tongiht, surprise surprise! They will have too much for a weak Liverpool side. Napoli are currently 4th in a decent Serie A while Liverpool are in the relagation zone and now down their best players for tonight. Liverpool have only beaten weak europen sides in recent years and losing away to Lille, Benfica and Atletico! Napoli would probably be in the same class as these 3 teams and should have too much for Liverpool.:ok Napoli 5 points 10/11 (various)
I don't understand any sort of logic with people betting on Liverpool. This whole season has been a fraud, it seems the only excuse to wager on Liverpool is because "oh that is value because they are Liverpool" Lets just come to terms...Liverpool are terrible. It's one thing when you see Chelsea being priced at 4ish but it's another when Liverpool are. Time and time again people will continuously bet on Liverpool based on their name and time and time again Liverpool fails to deliver. At this current stage, Napoli is a far better playing team than Pool. What does Liverpool want more, EPL status or Europa glory? For pete sakes they got to start figuring out what they want to do in the EPL. If people constantly want to take a dab on wagering on Liverpool just for the sake of "well sooner or later they'll win" so be it, but that is not logical at all to chase. Provide some strong valid reasons why Pool can actually muster anything out of this match. The value WAS on Napoli -0.25 when it first opened but now you have increased your risk with -0.5. Playing Liverpool ML is not value at all, if you want you can wait to take a stab at Pool +0.5 if the odds are decent enough but other than that so far what I'm seeing is an overreaction to a "Name" rather than to a team playing well.
The logic Mike comes from the better results we have had in Europa League not because of our name, an i'm not one of them people that have been backing Liverpool in the league so i think i no my team better than you an Diggidy Diggidy , Who the fck are Naopoli far better than Pool my arse And Diggidy hows Babel done nothing ever for us:spank do you no how many great goals hes scored for us, so shut the **** up. those managers are confused or racist. I am concerned about our away form in Europe so im not backing us to win, but i no we can get a draw Liverpool +1 @ 17/20 Hills

Napoli were outplayed? If out played how did they manage to come back on the road to draw 3-3?
I actually agree with you regards Liverpool and am on Napoli myself, but they were fortunate to scrape a 3-3 with Steua away. I seem to remember they were 3-0 down after 30 mins, then Steua were reduced to 10 men so they played for an hour against 10 men and managed to get the equaliser in stoppage time... but for the sending off I very much doubt it would have finished a draw

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Bookies worst enemy - that is ridiculous to even suggest racism with regard to Babel. He has achieved very little, for whatever reason. I think you are showing Napoli disrepect tonight. Liverpool right now are a mess. People can try and put a shine on the team tonight by saying 'Ngog etc. will be more hungry' - whatever. Liverpool are bringing a weakened 11 to Napoli tonight and run agreat risk by doing so. I haven't been blown away by Napoli by any means this year. They have looked good at times, and bad at times - they weren't that great at the weekend. They are a team that has great potential for one night performances and with 50,000 fans tonight screaming them on, and a strong 11 they can do the business. Unfortunately for me, I missed a line I would have been happy with and will have to just watch. I think the match will be pretty even for the most, but Napoli have a great attacking trio that have been playing together all season. Liverpool's players tonight are of less quality and are not as accustomed to eachother. I am actually convincing myself to go for Napoli as I type. I can't seem to shake the draw out of my head though. I think I have thought about this match too much yesterday and today...

The logic Mike comes from the better results we have had in Europa League not because of our name, an i'm not one of them people that have been backing Liverpool in the league so i think i no my team better than you an Diggidy Diggidy , Who the fck are Naopoli far better than Pool my arse And Diggidy hows Babel done nothing ever for us:spank do you no how many great goals hes scored for us, so shut the **** up. those managers are confused or racist. I am concerned about our away form in Europe so im not backing us to win, but i no we can get a draw Liverpool +1 @ 17/20 Hills
Where are these great results you speak of in the Europa league? Away from home Liverpool have been very poor for over a year now, and I can't see that getting any better under Hodgson. Where are the great goals of Babel? confused by that statement tbh. I could count his seasonal goal tally on one hand! He's very inconsistant. Your posting regards this game strikes me as being from a biased fans viewpoint. Do you watch Napoli at all? Have you ever watched them? Do you know their strengths and weaknesses? Betting on Liverpool away in Europe is madness imo. Especially without Gerrard and Torres. oh, and calm the fcuk down please :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Ultravirus - i understand your point an i respect it!! I admit Napoli are decent, an the one thing that worries me is there attacking trio, i will wait to see the full Liverpool line up before i put my bet on. I wont say Babel has done little an it wont be hes fault if he has, i blame it on the management, its also disrespect to play Babel with fringe players that not gonna get the best out of him, at least Gerrard could of been put in this team so that somebody put some through balls in for the attackers

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October BWE, is this Napoli aren't going to beat us the same as "Everton beat us yeah right"? If so I'll get on the Italians ;). Biased fans really really don't help these betting threads especially blinkered biased fans :ok.

Where are these great results you speak of in the Europa league? Away from home Liverpool have been very poor for over a year now, and I can't see that getting any better under Hodgson. Where are the great goals of Babel? confused by that statement tbh. I could count his seasonal goal tally on one hand! He's very inconsistant. Your posting regards this game strikes me as being from a biased fans viewpoint. Do you watch Napoli at all? Have you ever watched them? Do you know their strengths and weaknesses? Betting on Liverpool away in Europe is madness imo. Especially without Gerrard and Torres. oh, and calm the fcuk down please :ok
Jase im alright iv'e calmed down, But this is coming from the guys who thought Liverpool to beat Blackpool was a good bet :lol don't make me laugh... Betting in Eurpoa without Gerrard might be madness not to sure about Torres right now. umm... were unbeaten in Europa an also drawn an won our two away game. And Babel inconsistent :lol does he even play.. More like hes scores an get dropped to the bench, an hes still than more than Joe Cole an a few others this season.... And also in regards to Napoli i heard a qoute somewhere that they have not played anyone big apart from an out of sorts Roma An people are rushing to back them at 10/11 5/6

BWE, is this Napoli aren't going to beat us the same as "Everton beat us yeah right"? If so I'll get on the Italians ;). Biased fans really really don't help these betting threads especially blinkered biased fans :ok.
I was havin a laugh with the Everton game... as you see i never posted that in any serious thread or put bet on my team.. Also didn't we put our so called strong team against Everton, also our so called superstars like Gerrard an Torres an what happen ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Okay, I'm taking these huge underdogs...fading the public, basically: Odense BK - spread +½ (+124) Hajduk Split - spread +1½ (+108) Rosenborg - spread +1½ (-114) Levski Sofia - spread +1½ (-128) Lech Poznan - spread +2 (-154) Now that the odds on OB have risen even further (+1, -130), I'm taking more of that..and I'll paste here what I wrote in BA:

I'm going the other way here, based solely on the fact that everyone in the world appears to be on Young Boys. If you are going to use as a reason that Odense is having problems in their domestic league--and they are, even sitting 4th currently--then I think you should consider that, even though Switzerland is a rising team internationally and that YB has looked good in their EL games, YB is sixth in Super league right now, 1-3-1 at home. They have beaten three teams all season: Zurich at home, and away to the two teams in the relegation spots. OB got blown out in their last game at home, 0-5 at Kobenhavn. That is the Kobenhavn that plays in Champions League and is unbeaten (10-2-0) in Denmark this season. YB lost their last league game, 0-2 at first-place Luzern. Luzern is good...though they lost to Utrecht in EL in August...but are they as good as Kobenhavn? Is the Swiss league as good as the Danish league as a whole? They play on turf. So what? OB has never played on turf? Their players are completely unfamiliar with it? In group play, YB has three points, OB zero. They are both equally motivated to win, and they play today and at OB in two weeks, while Stuttgart and Getafe battle it out twice. OB with a win today is level with YB in the group, with a home game to follow. This is do or die for them, just as it is vital for YB since they have a better chance here than in any remaining game to get three points. YB's CL games were very impressive. Yet they survived Fenerbahce 3-2 by getting a late PG in the home leg and a Fener player sent off in the early second half of both games. They beat Tottenham at home, yes, taking a 3-2 win. Does anyone besides me remember that they scored three first-half goals, and none thereafter? Did the Spurs underestimate them? Not after that. Spurs scored two away goals while keeping a clean sheet in the second half, and then blew out YB 4-0 in the return leg. I hear only arguments for YB in this thread, and the odds keep going up and up for OB. I am taking OB +0.5 @ 2.25.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Blackcrow, I understand your reasoning, but many of these players have been rested for this game... Sissoko played 30 mins on Sunday, Del Piero played 15 .. Del Piero is the one who will cause problems to Salzburg, and I think he will do it for sure, mainly because he is ready for 90 minutes. Your reasoning is not flawed though, and I wish you good luck with this bet. Personally? Doing a double of Juventus-Napoli highstakes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Garcia urges all-out attack Lille coach Rudi Garcia has urged his side to go for broke as they go in search of their first win in Europa League Group C against Bulgarians Levski Sofia.Garcia knows anything less than three points may not be enough for his side after their poor start to the campaign with home defeat to Sporting Lisbon followed by a point against Gent in BelgiumAnd with Levski coming into the game off the back of a 5-0 thumping at Sporting last time out and missing a host of big-name players, Garcia is urging all-out attack in a bid to leapfrog Levski in the group. 03.10.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 3-1 Montpellier HSC 19.09.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 1-0 AJ Auxerre 16.09.2010 UEFA EUL Lille OSC 1-2 Sporting Lisboa 29.08.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 1-1 OGC Nice 26.08.2010 UEFA EULQ Lille OSC 2-0 FC Vaslui 15.08.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 0-0 Paris Saint-Germain 24.07.2010 INT CF Lille OSC 3-0 Al Ahli Doha 21.07.2010 INT CF Lille OSC 1-1 Angers SCO 14.07.2010 INT CF Lille OSC 4-1 AS Cherbourg 08.05.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 3-2 Olympique Marseille 02.05.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 3-1 AS Nancy 18.04.2010 FRA D1 Lille OSC 4-0 AS Monaco Lille got only 1 lose in their last 12 home games , and it is from Sporting for League Europe.Also Lille hadnt scored a goal in only one game - against PSG. Levski started their Europa League campaign with a home victory over Gent but their away form is poor and having failed to win three consecutive games on their travels the Bulgarians know they are up against it.To make matters worse Levski have injury concerns with midfielders Hristo Yovov and Darko Tasevski both almost certainly out, and captain Georgi Petkov not even travelling to France.Sh.Benzoukane is not in the group after some personal problems with the club.I expect very ambitious and energetic game from Garra Dembele who is now back in France and will be high motivated to show a performance for sure. Fast and attacking game is expected from the hosts and i doubt Levski is able to stop Lille fast attackers.I also doubt that Levski will just stay and lose the game like did in Portugal.My pick is that we will see a goal festival in France tonight. o 2,5 8/10 1.85 @ Stan James o 3,5 4/10 3.20 @ bwin

This is also a hilarious statement, name me one person who believes in this? Ask ultravires or other Italian punters if we even associate the "name from the past" hahaha. Ridiculous. Unlike Liverpool who are now living off their name and reputation, Napoli are actually play some good football. I'm not wager on Napoli -0.25 because Liverpool are shit, it's because Napoli are right now the better squad and rightfully so.
I respect every opinion, but I wouldn't touch this game. Liverpool is what a call a mad dog nowadays and it's unwise to play with mad dogs. I shall wait for live bets. Grretings from Rio, boys! :cheers

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October I think AEK are a little overpriced @ 7/2....I don't think Anderlecht are the force they used to be and they have struggled so far in the group losing 3-1 at home to Zenit and 1-0 away at Split.....Aek beat Split 3-1 at home and lost 4-2 at Zenit(playing with 10 men for 60 mins).....I haven't made my mind up yet but I may take the x2 @ evens.....small stakes.....

Okay, I'm taking these huge underdogs...fading the public, basically: Odense BK - spread +½ (+124) Hajduk Split - spread +1½ (+108) Rosenborg - spread +1½ (-114) Levski Sofia - spread +1½ (-128) Lech Poznan - spread +2 (-154) Now that the odds on OB have risen even further (+1, -130), I'm taking more of that..and I'll paste here what I wrote in BA:
I will follow those with great interest - first - you did well in CL, and second - I believe there are no unbeatable sides at every particular moment. I hope you right about Levski though, the gap in quality seems far too big there. I would rather go against the other Bulgarian side here - CSKA, who are strongly under-priced... Wish you luck!

I will follow those with great interest - first - you did well in CL' date=' and second - I believe there are no unbeatable sides at [b']every particular moment. I hope you right about Levski though, the gap in quality seems far too big there. I would rather go against the other Bulgarian side here - CSKA, who are strongly under-priced... Wish you luck!
My numbers for CL strongly supported my plays the last two days...in the Europa, they've been closer to 50-50. I think the reason is that the quality of all the teams in CL is very good across the board, whereas in EL there is more of a gap...theoretically. But anyway, I am playing these anyway, mostly because of what I have read on the various boards...everyone is so certain that the home favorites will all win 5-0, and I just don't see it. Good luck to you as well nicko

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Just my few bits, CL was ok for me so far, let's hope EL will follow. Young Boys - Odense Pick: Odense (+1) Stake: 10/10 (flat stake) Odds: 1.83 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Some people are backing Young Boys on the handicap, but I do not think Odense will lose by two or more - which is the only case in which my bet will lose. I, however, believe that they can take a point from this - I think that the game will be balanced and there may not me many goals in this one, especially as Odense will be looking to defend unless they concede early on. With such a cover, I have to back Odense here. Sparta Prag - Lausanne Pick: Under 2.75 Stake: 10/10 (flat stake) Odds: 2.00 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Well, I do not know where will the goals come from in this one. Sparta is not clicking at the moment (in fact they have clicked together well only a few times this season) and Lausanne seems to be playing nice defending football without many attacking chances, so I like the look of the unders here, especially since we can once again get a cover in the case of three goals. Napoli - Liverpool Pick: DRAW Stake: 4/10 Odds: 3.48 Bookmaker: Pinnacle One small play on the draw here. Nobody seems to be able to pick those team apart - Napoli is a solid side, but not a spectacular one. Liverpool is good on paper, but with many players missing and very ugly form. This just all leads to a draw in my book and since nobody seems to have picked the draw, the price on it is inflated. This is a pure value bet - just think about how often we will see a draw here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October I was hoping someone could help me with the game Villarreal v PAOK (20:05 BST)? Anyone know any team news or anything in regards to Villarreal? All I know is that they drew 2-2 on Monday away at Hercules and had 2 men sent off. And the fact that they have been a decent side at home, sitting 4th in La Liga.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October I'm no expert on the Europa League but I will have a dabble tonight and one bet that looks interesting is Lech Poznan to score against City. City's defensive record is generally good so far both domestically and in Europe but Blackpool showed last weekend that a bit of determination and doggedness can expose frailties in their defence, something that Lech Poznan would certainly appear to possess (and again, I'm basing that on what I've seen from them in this competition alone). I fancy City to win the game, perhaps even comfortably, but I do feel that Lech have more than enough ability (and tenacity) to get a goal. Lech Poznan to score @ 19/20 (Bwin)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 21st October Ath Madrid-Rosenberg Rosenberg +1.5 AH @ 1.9 bet 365 Hope no one minds me posting here on the Liv-Nap site. I think that this is a sound bet given that Madrid dont seem to be showing a great deal of interest in the competition this season. They languish at the bottom of the group and are not playing the free flowing football of previous seasons. Rosenberg, on the other hand have not lost in their last six games and have always proved a tough nut to crack in Europe. They sit one point of top spot and would love to maintain an interest going into the hibernation period in snowy northern Europe.

Okay, I'm taking these huge underdogs...fading the public, basically: Odense BK - spread +½ (+124) Hajduk Split - spread +1½ (+108) Rosenborg - spread +1½ (-114) Levski Sofia - spread +1½ (-128) Lech Poznan - spread +2 (-154)
Forgot one, though I took it earlier this morning: PAOK - spread +1½ (-125)

"Liverpool is crap", that's what bookies want to hear. Everyone will have Napoli, Napoli 1X and Napoli DNB in their combos and it's a 50/50 game actually. Why is Napoli so great? Maybe it's a "Name from the past" overreaction too. They were outplayed by Steaua two weeks ago in the first half. Now come on, Steaua? Makes me laugh. DRAW sounds very well here, bookies' best choice ;) Defo bookie set up
Jase im alright iv'e calmed down, But this is coming from the guys who thought Liverpool to beat Blackpool was a good bet :lol don't make me laugh... Betting in Eurpoa without Gerrard might be madness not to sure about Torres right now. umm... were unbeaten in Europa an also drawn an won our two away game. And Babel inconsistent :lol does he even play.. More like hes scores an get dropped to the bench, an hes still than more than Joe Cole an a few others this season.... And also in regards to Napoli i heard a qoute somewhere that they have not played anyone big apart from an out of sorts Roma An people are rushing to back them at 10/11 5/6:dude
The logic Mike comes from the better results we have had in Europa League not because of our name, an i'm not one of them people that have been backing Liverpool in the league so i think i no my team better than you an Diggidy Diggidy , Who the fck are Naopoli far better than Pool my arse And Diggidy hows Babel done nothing ever for us:spank do you no how many great goals hes scored for us, so shut the **** up. those managers are confused or racist. I am concerned about our away form in Europe so im not backing us to win, but i no we can get a draw Liverpool +1 @ 17/20 Hills:clap
I rest my case :beer