** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

X-Factor

Yep I watch it, the shame :$. Doubt theres many others on here that do but thought I would get a thread going as theres some good value betting to be had throughout the weeks. Had a couple of bets so far. 1st bet is on Cher Lloyd (7/2 Ladbrokes). Something totally different in her audition. Cheryl Cole thought she was great and im sure will support her throughout which will get the public on her side as it seems what Cheryl says goes. To get an understanding of how popular she was after her audition I had a look on youtube and facebook. Two videos on youtube that have both had over 4 millions views which is a hell of a lot more than any of the other auditions. Also has numerous pages on facebook with a few hundred thousands following. Apparently the second favourite Liam Payne has been put into a group called New Direction and I think there odds may drop but im hoping the group idea doesnt quite work. 2nd bet is on Rebecca Ferguson (12/1 Bodog). Got a bit of criticism for not being confident enough but she is very similar to Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis who have won this before so I think she will be popular. Had a good voice and think she will get better with each week. Her audition was only at the weekend so its quite hard to gauge how popular she was but I think she can do well. P.S. :$

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Factor Admit I watch it for the audition bits. Someone told me the other day that most of the people you see outside in the queues are extras and out-of-work actors filling up teh space. There arent actually that many people getting in for auditions. And everyone's vetted anyway at the front door. Just what i heard.

Re: X-Factor I think those shots are from the 1st auditions. When they perform infront of the judges that is there second audition, they have already had one infront of the producers who pick the stand out ones and the ones that will be there for the viewers to laugh at. Also, I think the Queues include all the family and friends and when you see some of them, they have about 50 people with them.

Re: X-Factor A bit too early to be gambling at odds as low as 7/2, before they get to boot camp, then off to the swanky houses before they decide on the final 12 acts. Unless you have some inside information on who is in the final 12, I'd be reluctant to be parting with my children's inheritance just yet.

Re: X-Factor

A bit too early to be gambling at odds as low as 7/2' date=' before they get to boot camp, then off to the swanky houses before they decide on the final 12 acts. Unless you have some inside information on who is in the final 12, I'd be reluctant to be parting with my children's inheritance just yet.[/quote'] That's a good point as she will probably be the same before the start of the live performances but I would be shocked if she didn't make it to the live finals

Yep I watch it, the shame :$. Doubt theres many others on here that do but thought I would get a thread going as theres some good value betting to be had throughout the weeks. Had a couple of bets so far. 1st bet is on Cher Lloyd (7/2 Ladbrokes). Something totally different in her audition. Cheryl Cole thought she was great and im sure will support her throughout which will get the public on her side as it seems what Cheryl says goes. To get an understanding of how popular she was after her audition I had a look on youtube and facebook. Two videos on youtube that have both had over 4 millions views which is a hell of a lot more than any of the other auditions. Also has numerous pages on facebook with a few hundred thousands following. Apparently the second favourite Liam Payne has been put into a group called New Direction and I think there odds may drop but im hoping the group idea doesnt quite work. 2nd bet is on Rebecca Ferguson (12/1 Bodog). Got a bit of criticism for not being confident enough but she is very similar to Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis who have won this before so I think she will be popular. Had a good voice and think she will get better with each week. Her audition was only at the weekend so its quite hard to gauge how popular she was but I think she can do well. P.S. :$
Looks like you have a sound bet here, cannot see any other winner over your 2nd bet looks to have that bit extra

Re: X-Factor I agree about Cher, wasn't too impressed with her performance yesterday. Saw a video of her on youtube singing before x-factor and she wasnt "ghetto" in that; thought that she might have given a performance like that. Feel more confident about Rebecca than Cher which is good as i did manage to get the 12s on offer :okCher is with Cheryl though so is bound to go far. I think the judges knew who they would have before they showed it. Find it a little convenient that they decide to make 2 bands from the solo artists (one containing the second favourite before bootcamp) and then Simon gets the groups. Think Simon knew he had the groups beforehand, didnt think he had much chance so thought i know, ill get a load of the young lads that all look a bit High School Musical like and put them into a group so all the little girls that watch will love them!

Re: X-Factor What you have to take into account with some singers, some will shine at the start with picking the correct songs like Matt Curdle who looks to be a potential top 5, then you have the ones who grow through the competition. For me Rebecca Ferguson has sung two songs Ive never heard before, seems to lack confidence, yet this girl can only get stronger each week. Originally Cher was way to short a price for this competition, think it was more to do with the shock factor of her first audition.

Re: X-Factor Can someone tell me how many get through from each group, I would have to agree with league 1 punter that cher will get through with the comments made by cheryl earlier in the competition even though I think she should struggle. Rebecca will get through so not sure if its 1 more girl or two, the reason for this is Im thinking of taking a chance with another girl, but if their is only one spot left then its not worth the risk.

Re: X-Factor Three from each section get through Dave. The final 12 has already been leaked to a few media outlets. I don't know how accurate it is mind you. I won't say incase people would rather wait until the show gets aired. One thing i will say is if that Storm Lee stops prancing around like an idiot and the Scottish public get behind him then he has a chance. You can't underestimate the Scottish vote. You only need to look back to people like Michelle McManus, Leon Jackson and David Sneddon. All pretty average performers who ultimately flopped but were successful in their shows because of the Scottish vote.

Re: X-Factor I cant see past a winner from the girls group to be honest. Main pick from me will be..... Gamu Nhengu x-factor-gamu-nhengi.jpg Incredible voice and all the judges were impressed throughout the auditions and bootcamp. Think she will also get a lot of the public onside after the audition when she said she wanted to give something back to her mum and her mum came on stage. Think she is deffo a potential winner :ok Rebecca Ferguson x-factor-rebecca-main_4.jpg Another incredible voice but says herself that she lacks confidence. Well her confidence cant be to bad after a bootcamp performance that had all 3 judges saying she had a "recording voice". She is another one wgo again I think the public will get onside with. Both fantastic singers and if either of them dont make Cheryles final 3 for the live shows I will be amazed. I fully expect the winner to be one of these two :ok

Re: X-Factor Well think I have just donated a £10, was hoping half went through thinking that was 4 with the Tv coverage the main 3 have had cher rebecca and gamu just thought I would try someone who was well overpriced even though hardly anyone has seen her Keri Arrindill 80/1 with coral, but think she would need a hairdresser first before she would get through, but you never know unless they have been picked already. Looks like Rebecca will be carrying my money till the finish managed to get 10/1 so happy enough with that. Cheers for the reply

Well think I have just donated a £10' date=' was hoping half went through thinking that was 4 with the Tv coverage the main 3 have had cher rebecca and gamu just thought I would try someone who was well overpriced even though hardly anyone has seen her Keri Arrindill 80/1 with coral, but think she would need a hairdresser first before she would get through, but you never know unless they have been picked already. Looks like Rebecca will be carrying my money till the finish managed to get 10/1 so happy enough with that. Cheers for the reply[/quote'] They have been picked already mate. The bookies will already know the final 12, sneaky bassas.

They have been picked already mate. The bookies will already know the final 12' date=' sneaky bassas.[/quote'] Well I will just have to get back onto corals about that bet I placed an hour ago, that was already beat before I placed it ( kidding ) its a pity I didnt wait a little bit longer before placing that bet, as you answered my question about 10 mins after I placed it, to be fair it was a silly bet anyway just the odds attracted me. If that rapping stick insect is 4/1 that girl should never be 80/1

Re: X-Factor isnt it obvious now after those auditions that simon will put through the 2 groups he formed from the auditions which makes a mockery of the other 6 groups in gthe contest especially after the new groups had only been together a week, the girls sounded better than the rest and loooked decent also the over 25/26/28 whatever it is called is extremely poor with some 54 yo mexican and a 60yo from tesco's, come on there is better than that out there especially when storm lee looks like going through now, great tears at the audition, totally fake :loon

Matt Cardle has this won. :ok
I wouldnt be to confident with Matt after that 1 song at bootcamp, he may have public appeal after that classic song choice, didnt look to impressive signing his song tonight. Think Rebecca will be favourite once she makes it through the girl section. Have to say Cher and Katie should never get through ( both non talent ) but seemingly they do, absolute farce for the other talented girls.