** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

X-Factor

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Factor

But hadn't she already sung that song on one of the earlier shows? :unsure
I know but its probably the only one she can sing really well, I think you can only sing a certain song twice, thats why I was surprised with Matt singing his song which again suits his voice perfectly the bootcamp one so early, he should have saved that for the final. My derby winner will need to step up to the plate very soon after yesterday, even Wagner out sung her :dude For Louis to say after that you can make a hit record with that version was quality ha ha

Well done so far but worth laying it off as surely they'll get rid of paije? Also Spooner, well done on the lay of Katie
Yes got her at 17 and lay straight away as soon as I seen Paije in there. Its a shame how these judges manipulate the bottom 2 with either deadlock or votes to suit the press.

Re: X-Factor Actually, going to try some others too. Cheryl to mention "goosebumps" at 2/1. Simon to say "based on that performance" at 6/4. Danni to say the word "you look like a popstar" at 3/1. Louis "I want to see you in the final" at 5/2. Lucky 15 I think on this. Damn I got to pay even more attention to the show now.

Re: X-Factor Still not betting but there's a couple of nice odds in the Next Elimination IMO. Mary (5/2 with BWin) was dreadfully bland and Cher (5/1 sportingbet) was laughably bad and had the most horrendous styling seen since Diva Fever got kicked off - she looked like an 80's pre-teen! I'd be surprised if it was any of the other five left ahead of them and think they're both massively overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume from that tonight that Cher had the least votes' date=' or they would have put that to deadlock for more suspense. Just what I think on this weeks show. Both were very good in the sign off. That song suits Chers voice perfectly[/quote'] Simon already had will.i.am lined up to perform with Cher so there was no way Cher was going home.

Re: X-Factor Matt deserved winner, but Rebecca would have been equally deserved. I think Matt has that little bit more charisma, he moves around the stage more and it give him the edge in the competition over the weeks. You can see even by the other contestants he was a popular choice too. From this series I hope he, Rebecca and Aiden really go on and sell records. One Direction will no doubt aswell, but I think they still need alot more growing to do as a group. They got thrown together only a few months ago so did well to achieve what they did. Well done to all who backed Matt at quite good odds all the way since week 2, because hes won every single week in the votes since then.

Youtube videos are often a good way to see popularity. At the moment, from the latest weeks performances, the official Xfactor Youtube views are (rounded to the nearest thousand); Matt Cardle - 260k (11/4) Cher Lloyd - 226k (9/1) One Direction - 142k (7/2) Rebecca Ferguson - 88k (5/1) Mary Byrne - 84k (6/1) Katy Wassel - 63k (25/1) Treyc Cohen - 57k (11/1) John Adelele - 54k (40/1) Belle Amie - 53k (50/1) Aiden Grimshaw - 52k (8/1) Paije Richardson - 50k (40/1) Wagner - 33k (100/1) Diva Fever - 55k Storm Lee - 44k In the first week, Cher got nearly double anyone else with over a million views, compared to One Direction, Mary and Matt who just reached over 500k. I can't see One Direction winning it as groups always struggle, especially later on in the competition when it becomes a bit more 'personal'. I think their novelty factor will wear off. Cher looks value at 9/1 considering her Youtube popularity, but again, her novelty factor wear off, and will she be about to whack out that all important x-factor ballard? Having Cheryl on her side is a big bonus though. I think it's between Matt, Cher and Rebecca, with the value being in the last two.
Well there you go then, not a bad analysis if I do say so myself.

Re: X-Factor On another forum someone posted the averages for every weeks voting and was quite interesting. Only Aiden and Mary finished well outside their average position. Mary should be 2nd on averages, but came 5th while Aiden should have been 6th, but came 9th (somehow, dont know how Katie got picked to stay before him).