** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

X-Factor

Re: X-Factor Wouldn't disagree. We're due a 'shock' elimination and Mary being eliminated wouldn't be that much of a surprise as she doesn't really suit Simon's mould of who wins TXF (on a peculiar note it's usually a white man or a black woman). Wagner's odds to outlast Mary have tumbled and he's 5/2 compared to 10s+ from last week. She's still odds-on but at around 1/3 now. Assuming there's eight acts for TXF tour, Wagner may stick around for at least for four more weeks to ensure he's on the tour. As a comparison Jedward were eliminated in week seven last year finishing sixth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_Factor_%28UK_series_6%29

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Factor I would love to see the back of Mary. She's so dull and boring, i usually switch off. Wagner should be safe with this facebook campaign behind him. I think Paije will definitely be in the bottom two this week. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality and i don't know who he appeals to. He's a good singer but nothing special.

Re: X-Factor I think I will have a little flutter on Katie to go next at 8/1 most bookmakers even before I see her performance. Piaje and Rebecca have had the earliest slots on average out the rest, whereas wagner and Katie have had it the best with the late slots, as wagner seems to have a following on facebook, I just feel if things are up to scratch both are due the early slots this week. So Im taking the chance that it will be a level playing field for all with Katie up first.

Re: X-Factor Wagner's raunchy dance routines seem to be reserved for the "post-watershed" slot, and that works in his favour. Most judges will be happy to see the back of Paije, as he adds little in the snese of being entertaining or a potential chart-topper. I've lost far too much already betting on the perennial rapper Cher (looking forward to "Big Band Week" :loon) to leave - confusing personal opinions with betting opportunites isn't good for the bank balance :spank I also missed the opportunity to cover my bet on Aidan, which looked great after week 1, but he looks increasingly nervy as time goes on and needs to improve to avoid getting dragged in to the bottom 2

Re: X-Factor I've taken Paige to go next at 11 on betfair. Belle Amie are the clear favs to go next, but that was also the case last week when they weren't in the bottom 2. Wagner seems short at 4.8 with the facebook campaign behind him and Treyc was in the bottom 2 last week, meaning anybody who likes her will probably make the extra effort to vote for her this week. So I'd be suprised if she's in the bottom 2 again this week. I'm going for Belle Amie and Paige to be in the bottom 2, the judges possibly being split and the public vote keeping Belle Amie in.

Re: X-Factor Well, Cher finally showed that she can sing this week, and stopped her critics (including me) calling her a one-trick pony. No great loss with the girls leaving this week - they never gelled as a group. Only surprise was Louis going to Lockdown (unless he had already been given the nod about who would go).

Re: X-Factor Think I was robbed with my Katie punt for eviction, another prime spot on the show at the backend. This girl has been purposely been given the best spots by far over the rest, Rebecca possibly the worst spots out them all but that wont change the outcome. Katie surely has to have an early spot next week, surely cant be protected another week. All acts evicted have been out first 3 I think.

Re: X-Factor Well going by youtube hits Cher would have been a very good bet to win this and after her last performance... the 11s you could have taken on her before seem massive now. That said based on overall it should still be Matt or Rebecca to win it though Matt was not that great this week. Rebecca was great. Aiden sang really well I thought this week, just the only problem is he changed a great upbeat tempo song like Thriller too much into his own version. Should have chosen a different song.

Re: X-Factor

Well going by youtube hits Cher would have been a very good bet to win this and after her last performance... the 11s you could have taken on her before seem massive now. That said based on overall it should still be Matt or Rebecca to win it though Matt was not that great this week. Rebecca was great. Aiden sang really well I thought this week, just the only problem is he changed a great upbeat tempo song like Thriller too much into his own version. Should have chosen a different song.
I agree in the sense it was a good price for buying then laying straight away, as most of the previous acts where average with poor song choices and she had the best position last, and the fact she had a decent song where you could have taken a chance. As for winning dont think that will happen, she may have the most hits on youtube, but that will be the young ones watching over again. The older voters wont look on youtube plus they are more likely to spot average performers and vote accordingly. Thats my view anyway

Re: X-Factor The betting on x factor is based on popularity rather than talent, you have Trecy favorite for the next elimination when she is clearly far superior to quite a few others, again I think thats wrong, because even if she did land in the bottom two, you would have to expect the likes of Katie or Wagner to be there and that would be curtains for them. Also you have Mary at 20s belting out the same songs, and you have Paije at 80/1 and trecy 100/1 who have more potential and are better singers in my opinion. Talent and class will come to the fore in the coming weeks.

Re: X-Factor I think there are two sepearte divisions. In my opinion the likes of Cher, Aiden, Matt, Rebecca and One Direction are more popular with the audience and also seen as more talented. They will be the final five most likely. Until that, we have to guess who out of Paije, Katie, Treyc, Wagner and Mary as to who will go. I think in some ways it all depends on the staging and song choice as to who of the lot will be put up. I mean for instance I can hardly think Katie is to blame for being given a song/performance exactly the same for 2 weeks running and despite it that is probably why she was up this week. I dont think Cher is the best in the competition, but she finally proved a point this week that she can just stand there and sing. I do actually think at some points it was shaky as she didnt quite hit some notes which was expected. Simon and co. obviously seem to have made her their favourite little girl and have not said a bad word of her yet (apart from Danni). I mean when they asked Simon Cowell who was the star of the show he said Cher I thought what an arse. I know its all about opinion, but considering they were similar performances in version I thought Rebecca Ferguson absolutely smashed it. She turned a world class love song into her own version while Cher didnt really make the Shakespearean sisters song into her own, but did do well. Still my bet would be with Matt. For the chop next week it is with Mary.

Re: X-Factor We all have different opinions on this many will think Mary is good. I have always thought from the start Matt has been overrated ever since that one classic song choice at bootcamp yes he is good, but he shouldnt be fav, one direction are just very average to me for a boyband. Rebecca would be the only act I would consider as the true fav, when you consider she has had the worst starts on the show over the rest, made to sing songs that are very bland and is still managing to keep her position well. Once you get the correct song for her I think it will all become clear who is at the top.

Re: X-Factor Their is a question been put up in the betfair forum today which makes a lot of sense. Who does Simon really want to win?..........He is taking the show to America, he needs a credible winner to launch his brand with it, who is the one he really wants? One Direction..... are they credible singers...dont think so Cher...... very hip, very street, USA would turn nose up Matt...... good singer, nice guy but is he a superstar Rebecca....... its got to be hasnt it, she has the voice and the crossover appeal and is class. Been given all the early slots, letting the more headline have their day in the sun,then push her to the fore in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Think that sums up my feelings on the X factor perfectly.

Their is a question been put up in the betfair forum today which makes a lot of sense. Who does Simon really want to win?..........He is taking the show to America, he needs a credible winner to launch his brand with it, who is the one he really wants? One Direction..... are they credible singers...dont think so Cher...... very hip, very street, USA would turn nose up Matt...... good singer, nice guy but is he a superstar Rebecca....... its got to be hasnt it, she has the voice and the crossover appeal and is class. Been given all the early slots, letting the more headline have their day in the sun,then push her to the fore in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Think that sums up my feelings on the X factor perfectly.
I think you're thinking into this a bit too deeply. As you said, it's a popularity contest, it's not a talent contest. If it was a talent contest it would be down to expert judges to decide, it's not its down to the Great British public to vote for their favorites, whether that's based on singing ability, looks, haircut, dancing or any other cuntish features is up to them. I agree with you that Rebecca has a great chance, but at the moment I just think that she isn't connecting with the audience. That can still come though, Leona and Alexander took a long time to grow into the competition. Matt, Cher, One Direction and Rebecca will be the final four, I think that's pretty dead cert now. That being so I think all the value has gone from the winner market.

Re: X-Factor Don't think much of Aiden, hasnt been that impressive at all. Actually think most performances have been just OK, judges tend to overrate most people. One Direction are garbage...though sadly they will sell records. Funny how they let the same kid finish all their songs and he cant hit the high notes at the end. Rebecca is a star though, very unique voice. Matt seems just OK in my view. Not a fan of Cher but she was very good at the weekend. Katy is poor aswell, should have went last night.

Re: X-Factor I think the problem for Aiden are the very difficult songs he gets aswell though. His last 3 songs have been absolute smash hits in their day and well on Diamonds are Forever I thought he was one of the best performances in the competition so far.

Re: X-Factor JK I wasnt thinking to deeply, I have always been very confident with Rebecca I could easily pull out now for a profit, but dont see the point when larger profits are on the horizon. The point I was trying to make was the judges have a huge say in the outcome, either through farcical comments, or the deadlock senario. Last year always went to deadlock until Olly met Jed@edward where they stepped in to save Olly knowing full well he had fewer votes, he finished 2nd. They also allowed Rachel v Lloyd to deadlock even though Lloyd couldnt even sing in the sing off knowing full well he had more votes, but clearly not as talented. This is why I really cant see Rebecca not finishing the winner, They can also manipulate the order of the singers, songs given to each one good or bad, I think Rebecca fits the criteria for cowell more than the others, apart from the fact she is on a different level.

Re: X-Factor In reply to what was said about the youtube vids (mostly younger people just going back over the songs) I will also put up the amount of likes each contestant have on their facebook musician page. Considering you can get just 1 like per person (I think) this can be a little more accurate. Facebook Likes: Cher Lloyd - 1,047,072 Matt Cardle - 286,233 One Direction - 109,458 Mary Byrne - 89,047 Aiden Grimshaw - 35,933 Katie Waissel - 27,048 Wagner - 26,933 Rebecca Ferguson - 23,015 Paije Richardson - 13,849 Treyc Cohen - 8,962 I think this sums up my thoughts for sure on Treyc and Paije that they are alsmot the invisible duo of this show really. Surprised Paije has not been up yet for a sing-off, but it must be a matter of time. I think he is a good singer, but getting no publicity at all a bit similar to Treyc. With Rebecca it is unexplicable how she is that low in the list. By far the best vocals in the competition and the most consistent so far aswell. All I can think is her lack of publicity has also kept her so low, but she has alot of time for the public to get to know her. Also I think alot of the older audience (not on facebook either) would like her, a simple singer, nothing too flash. The facts are we all missed the boat on Cher IMO. Even if she does not go on to win, she was always a great price and she is clearly one of those who you either really like or really hate, but after week 4 performance alot of people have even started to change their mind. She connects with the younger audience, and in general I assume those are the people who vote most. For week 4 hits so far on youtube Cher Lloyd - 1,012,372 One Direction - 245,865 Matt Cardle - 209,399 Rebecca Ferguson - 206,221 Aiden Grimshaw - 167,407 Mary Byrne - 116,153 Katie Waissel - 103,558 (sing/off 3,126) Paije Richardson - 90,999 Treyc Cohen - 83,320 Wagner - 81,062

Re: X-Factor I thought Katie was fine and put in one of the better performances, so not quite sure why she's around evens to go. Wagner - 7/2 VC and Betfred - looks like a very solid bet; terrible performance which wasn't really entertaining enough to win him many votes, coupled with a Sun front page story yesterday claiming he'd walked in on Mary when she was half-naked and refused to leave. Mary - 10/1 VC and Boylesports - looks huge value, a reasonably poor performance and she looks so dreadful that people might actually avoid voting for her out of sympathy here. Also, doesn't look like she'd cope with a sing-off - she's appearing so stressed she might fall apart.

Re: X-Factor Katie cant sing, her vocals are weak. She had one strong performance doing that jungle book song but apart from that she's been so average. She is too short to go this week though. Aiden is garbage aswell, another average display from him. Could be some value in Paije @ 14's....he's drifting along so far.

All bets are off' date=' Matt has this won. :notworthy[/quote'] Why do you think Matt has this in the bag ? We already knew he sings that classic bootcamp song very well, I think on last night show both stood out. We are only at the halfway stage and Matt and Rebecca have deservedly managed to get themselves at the head of the betting at this stage. Rebecca has been more consistant through the competition, probably one of the reasons Matt had to go back to his previous song. Rebecca been kept in wraps so far with some dodgy songs and early slots, you can clearly see Simon loves the girl, with his comments " its ok louis for you to say Rebecca will get a record deal, but I actually think for your confidence and self esteem you want the public to give you something,I think you would be the most incredable ambassador for this show and this country" The shows looks between the two at the moment, but as I said their is still 5 weeks to go, and someone just may come out the pack with a strong challenge, but it does look unlikely just now. Personally I could listen to Rebecca for hours and just enjoy her voice every week, time will tell which act wins, but as I have said I am still very confident with Rebecca at this stage. Her song choice yesterday was very good for a change.