** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

X-Factor

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Factor

so we all know these are the final 12 anyway? Cher LLoyd, Katie Waissel, Rebecca Ferguson, Aiden Grimshaw, Matt Cardle, Nicolo Festa, John Adeleye, Mary Byrne, Storm Lee, F.Y.D. & the 2 groups created from solo entrants. Rebecca Ferguson will carry my support this year.
Nice of you to spoil it for everyone else. :tongue2

Re: X-Factor Rebecca 3 songs Ive never heard before but its clear to me she is a different animal from the field, think her only danger might have been another girl, but looks like we have 2 sellers through with her. Matt song choice has put him to the fore, struggled tonight with something out his comfort zone. Think Ill keep pumping the money on while she is still backable.

so we all know these are the final 12 anyway? Cher LLoyd, Katie Waissel, Rebecca Ferguson, Aiden Grimshaw, Matt Cardle, Nicolo Festa, John Adeleye, Mary Byrne, Storm Lee, F.Y.D. & the 2 groups created from solo entrants. Rebecca Ferguson will carry my support this year.
I really cant buy into this so called final 3 girls, if Cheryl puts Cher through she is not doing herself or Cher any favours, Cher is ready for a meltdown on stage, wouldnt be good to see for anyone, Katie is another who looks like talentless drivel, again Cheryl would be making a fool of herself aswell as the girl. Have a feeling Keri is getting through, she definitely has the potential to be there at the death, looks to be a bit of a performer into the bargain, what the show needs. Think Ill put another tenner on at 80/1 just encase this is all media drivel, just to hype the show up.

Re: X-Factor I dont think that Matt has much chance, mainly due to the fact that the vast majority of people who vote in this are teenage girls. I dont think Matt would have much appeal to them whereas Rebecca and the boy group Simon made (he knows what sells) will have. I would say Cher has aswell but she has put in two bad performances since the 1st audition

Re: X-Factor I do think Matt has a chance of winning this, but its not on talent only on public appeal. Rebecca is way ahead of the rest as regards singing ability, the only reason im also backing Keri is the odds 80/1 for someone who has a bit of potential and looks as though she could also perform, looks a confident girl, obviously Gamu and that are more liked by the public but she is about 5/1, so the 80/1 will do me. Just encase all this last 12 are already picked rubbish is fact, if so the talented girls have been robbed of a chance to do well in this.

Re: X-Factor I think Simon will be looking for something different this year. Yes we know Rebecca can sing but it's all a bit dull isn't it? We've seen it all before with Leona and Alexandra. I still think Storm Lee has an outside chance, mainly because of the Scottish vote. It certainly worked for that loser Leon. He's currently 25/1. Gamu is another who the Scottish public will get behind.

Re: X-Factor Rebecca is totally different from the rest, more of a blues singer, she may even not make it out the girls section, if they two talentless girls are anything to go by for final 3. Everyone has their own opinion Im just expressing mine. Matt had to sing a song last night, even his mentor Danni was cringing through it, then she had to explain to the cameras that the song was maybe to big for him, thats not to say he wont win. I just feel if their is any justice in this world then Paddy Power should just pay out early as usual :lol

Re: X-Factor Cher will be put through by Cheryl as "she is right up my street", and she probably sees her as a younger version of herself. However, that rapping style gets right on my nerves, and will surely rub up the public the wrong way. Rebecca also has her own distinctive style, which is much more acceptable, but I also think that you need to be quite a versatile singer, capable of coping with different conditions each week. Simon has got his fallback of the 2 "made up bands" and they will probably be his best bets to go far, as the others have very limited appeal. Would the other judges have been allowed to do the same? I doubt it (and don't tell me he didn't already know which category he had got until the end - I just don't buy that). As for the older ones, the odds on Tesco Mary have been on the slide, although she was single-figure odds a few weeks ago. She's not quirky enough to be SUBO 2. My own tip - Aiden Grimshaw at 10/1 with Befred. He's not a bad singer, is pretty enough to attract the teenage girl vote, and cute enough to attract the middle-aged female vote.

BLACK Even if leaked list is right, the X Factor 2010 final 12 could be 16 October 3, 2010 By Beehive Staff. More surprises? There has been another twist in the ongoing X Factor 2010 final 12 story today as it emerged that the last dozen may not be the only contestants to make it through to the live stage of the competition this year. Earlier in the week we tracked the source of the now famous final 12 leaked list to Judge at X Factor updates. Although it is still not clear whether the Judge has got it right, the fact that the Radio Times accidentally published the same names in a hastily removed online listings page certainly lends validity to the list. However, today it emerged that even if the names on that list are correct, the final 12 might be joined by a further four wildcard entries to the competition in the live stages. It is rumoured that all of the 20 acts that have been eliminated after the Judges’ Houses stage will return to the mamouth two hour 20 minute live show on Saturday October 9th and one from each category will be picked by their respective mentor to stay in the competition, making the final 12, the final 16 … cue double eviction nights along the road … The Beehive understands that the judges were not aware of this twist when they made their original selections and will be required to make a decision on the live show … perhaps to remove further possibilities of leaks and to add another element of surprise. This is apparently an idea that Simon Cowell has been toying with for some time now, and if executed next week in the first live show would certainly help to placate the many angry fans who disagree with the (leaked) final 12 list and the exclusion of Gamu Nhengu etc. If indeed the leaked list is right, because Louis Walsh says it’s wrong. The Daily Star are this morning quoting what they describe as a senior X Factor source saying: “There is a massive surprise in store. On the first live show next Saturday, all 20 of the singers and bands who didn’t make it through will come back on the show “And on the night, the four judges will get the chance to choose one act each to include in their category – effectively throwing some of the losers a lifeline to be on the show and ultimately win.”

BLACK Even if leaked list is right, the X Factor 2010 final 12 could be 16 October 3, 2010 By Beehive Staff. More surprises? There has been another twist in the ongoing X Factor 2010 final 12 story today as it emerged that the last dozen may not be the only contestants to make it through to the live stage of the competition this year. Earlier in the week we tracked the source of the now famous final 12 leaked list to Judge at X Factor updates. Although it is still not clear whether the Judge has got it right, the fact that the Radio Times accidentally published the same names in a hastily removed online listings page certainly lends validity to the list. However, today it emerged that even if the names on that list are correct, the final 12 might be joined by a further four wildcard entries to the competition in the live stages. It is rumoured that all of the 20 acts that have been eliminated after the Judges’ Houses stage will return to the mamouth two hour 20 minute live show on Saturday October 9th and one from each category will be picked by their respective mentor to stay in the competition, making the final 12, the final 16 … cue double eviction nights along the road … The Beehive understands that the judges were not aware of this twist when they made their original selections and will be required to make a decision on the live show … perhaps to remove further possibilities of leaks and to add another element of surprise. This is apparently an idea that Simon Cowell has been toying with for some time now, and if executed next week in the first live show would certainly help to placate the many angry fans who disagree with the (leaked) final 12 list and the exclusion of Gamu Nhengu etc. If indeed the leaked list is right, because Louis Walsh says it’s wrong. The Daily Star are this morning quoting what they describe as a senior X Factor source saying: “There is a massive surprise in store. On the first live show next Saturday, all 20 of the singers and bands who didn’t make it through will come back on the show “And on the night, the four judges will get the chance to choose one act each to include in their category – effectively throwing some of the losers a lifeline to be on the show and ultimately win.”
Wonder what the "BIG TWIST" will be next week ;)

The whole thing becomes more of a joke each year. Such a set up' date=' the whole thing[/quote'] What price is Rebecca now .... 1/6....... with 2 novice hurdlers put through with her. ( kidding ) show is an absolute farce, not about talent anymore, only winding the public up for revenue. Willim in the house yesterday after the audition which the only 2 which didnt perform, just to wind the public even more.( he instinctively knew his final four ) Cheryl ( thats the same as mine ) its laughable how much these bastards get away with.

Re: X-Factor THE X FACTOR 2010 Gamu Nhengu 11/4 Matt Cardle 3/1 Rebecca Ferguson 9/2 1 Direction 9/2 Cher Lloyd 11/2 Aiden Grimshaw 9/1 Katie Waissel 12/1 John Adeleye 14/1 Nicolo Festa 14/1 Belle Ami 14/1 Mary Byrne 14/1 Storm Lee 16/1 FYD 20/1 Marlon Mackenzie 25/1 The Reason 28/1 Paije Richardson 33/1 Princes and Rogues 33/1 Steven Hunter 66/1 :loon The latest betting on line with Blue Square

isnt it obvious now after those auditions that simon will put through the 2 groups he formed from the auditions which makes a mockery of the other 6 groups in gthe contest especially after the new groups had only been together a week, the girls sounded better than the rest and loooked decent also the over 25/26/28 whatever it is called is extremely poor with some 54 yo mexican and a 60yo from tesco's, come on there is better than that out there especially when storm lee looks like going through now, great tears at the audition, totally fake :loon
well no surprise there with simon already knowing he had the groups throws in 2 wildcards, changes the rules completely and now puts them both through nicola goes through cos danni knows he will be the "chico" of the crowd, a freak. Aiden, Matt and Rebecca are there on merit and lets hope the public realise that and make them the final 3 it was obvious that the black girls wouldnt get thorugh as leona and alexandra already won in recent years, so there is no room for another black girl winning this.

Re: X-Factor Just seen the last show. It's absolutely silly choice from Cheryl apart from picking Rebecca which was a no-brainer. She only picked Cher coz she's her twin sis and taking Katie was even worst than Louis sticking with Jedward last season. Couldn't imagine both Keri and Gamu wouldn't get thru.

Re: X-Factor We’ve had another reshuffling of the odds for 2010 X Factor and, while Matt Cardle retains his status as the outright favourite, the other contenders are being bounced around a little bit with prices dropping for some and increasing for others. Matt Cardle’s odds to win X Factor trade at 11/4 and that’s up just a fraction from the 5/2 price he was trading at just yesterday. His unassuming and approachable nature, combined with some first-rate vocal stylings makes him a real threat here, but there is still a lot of competition to come. Rebecca Ferguson continues to hold onto her status as the second favourite and you can back her at a 10/3 price tag while 1 Direction is nipping at her heels with a 7/2 listing. Cher Lloyd has seen her price drop from 11/2 to 5/1 and she is looking like a real outside bet here, and the overall internet search volume around her is a clear indication that she will be a force to be reckoned with in the latter stages of the competition should she still be in the running at that point. Question marks exist over whether she’s got enough confidence to see out the competition. The really interesting variable here is Gamu Nhengu, who was eliminated but is expected to be brought back as a wildcard. Paddy Power is offering up odds on Gamu Nhengu at 5/1 (the same odds as Cher Lloyd) that she will wind up winning the show. Should the Zimbabwean not return as a wildcard, Paddy Power will refund all bets on her. Aiden Grimshaw remains at a 9/1 price tag while Belle Amie sits at 12/1 ahead of John Adeleye at 14/1 and Nicolo Festa at 16/1. Katie Waissel has dropped to 20/1 alongside Storm Lee while former favourite Mary Byrne sits at 22/1 ahead of 25/1 F.Y.D. "The really interesting variable here is Gamu Nhengu, who was eliminated but is expected to be brought back as a wildcard. Paddy Power is offering up odds on Gamu Nhengu at 5/1 (the same odds as Cher Lloyd) that she will wind up winning the show. Should the Zimbabwean not return as a wildcard, Paddy Power will refund all bets on her." Think i'll take a bit of that. A very talented young lady imo and will get a lot of sympathy which will lead to votes for being left out originally.

Re: X-Factor Simon Cowell has managed to get all the hype around the show, after the decision to put through a few dodgy ones from the girls group, Facebook have started a petition to either vote cheryls acts of the show first. Cheryl is also high on the list for assassination from the facebook crowd, bookmakers are now thinking of putting Gamu fav if all this wildcard stuff is to be believed, word is that Trayc the other girl will receive the wildcard, either way Rebbecca is still clear favourite in my eyes, and with all this media stuff going on, this should only keep her at a backable price for a little while yet.

Re: X-Factor For anyone who doesnt understand why some acts do or don't get through, go and read "Chart Throb" by Ben Elton. Manipulation city - a good example of which is this:

it was obvious that the black girls wouldnt get thorugh as leona and alexandra already won in recent years, so there is no room for another black girl winning this.

For anyone who doesnt understand why some acts do or don't get through' date=' go and read "Chart Throb" by Ben Elton. Manipulation city - a good example of which is this:[/quote'] exactly what i said whilst watching the other night, due to leona and alex, no way would they choose another they went for kooky acts

I can see why they wouldn't want another Leona or Alexandra. We've seen it all before and it gets boring. I wouldn't have put Keri through but i think Gamu deserved to go through. She's different to anything we've seen before.
Totally agree if she gets in she's the one to beat.

Totally agree if she gets in she's the one to beat.
Why ? Just because people are outraged that she didnt make final 3 which is valid, but you can say this with most of the other girls, Gamu seems to be the only one singled out in this. Why is Cheryl 6/4 winning mentor with one act, why is the girls section still 6/4 with one act, we can assume the public will be gunning for her acts after the fiasco of last weekend. Hopefully everyone will have a better idea of whats going on after this wildcard thing on saturday is over.