** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

X-Factor

Re: X-Factor Rebecca isnt head and shoulders over the other competitors but imo she is the best singer. The reason she hasnt had many views and why at the moment I dont think she will win it is because she isnt very entertaining. Both preformances she has pretty much just stood there looking a bit uncomfortable. If she starts to move around the stage a little more and get more confidence in herself which will make her more comfortable on stage then she will be a favourite again. At the moment I think One Direction are going to win it as little girls are going mad for them. I think that Zain is a bit of a weak link and may cost them but unless some of the others improve a bit I think the bookies have got this right. P.S - I hope I lose my bet on Cher! She is one annoying little chav and I would love it if she went next week.:hope:hope:hope

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X-Factor

Yep, possibly agree with 4 or 5 potential winners at this stage but no one person is head & shoulders to me. Just for interest, who's the 4?
In terms of potential winners (rather than those with most talent), I'd say: Matt, Rebecca, One Direction, and Mary. Pretty much as the bookies have it at present anyway.

I find Aiden impossible to watch. It's almost as if he's trying to break out out of a straight jacket' date=' very uncomfortable viewing.[/quote'] In a sense I agree with you, but he can sing. I thought the same when you watch him, giving a bit of time and the right songs, he may lose the insanity look about him. As for one direction being fav I find that incredable. They couldnt even manage to get into their respected section and were made into a group, utter dross in my opinion.

In a sense I agree with you' date=' but he can sing. I thought the same when you watch him, giving a bit of time and the right songs, he may lose the insanity look about him. As for one direction being fav I find that incredable. They couldnt even manage to get into their respected section and were made into a group, utter dross in my opinion.[/quote'] He is a decent singer but it's all very dark and depressing at the moment and the viewing is very off putting. At the Judges house i felt Harry Styles proved that he should be the lead singer of One Direction but apparently his nerves have made it impossible for him to do so. The current lead singer Liam looks desperate.

Re: X-Factor One Direction will be massivly popular with the girls. However, I feel there are three reasons why they won't win; 1) Groups generally don't do well. We've already seen Simon lose two acts, and Belle Amie will soon be out the door (and into mine hopefully). 2) They're too young - I feel they have the 'cute' factor at the moment, but when it comes to the more serious end of the competition, I feel their age may be their downfall. 3) The 'personal' factor - Another reason groups don't do well is because people enjoy liking 'one' person, there's no individuality in One Direction. Leona Lewis, Joe Mcceldry, Alexander Burke etc. etc. they all had the 'personal' factor as I for some reason keep naming it. The only groups to have ever come close is G4 (during a wierd year) and JLS. Rebeccas advantage at the moment is she is yet to peak. She still has a long way to go in this competition to make it her 'story'. A bit like Alexandre Burke last year or whenever it was, she grew with confidence as the competition went on. She'll do well in all the theme's imo, and she has the Cheryl factor. Aiden is just wierd, if it was the 'Ian Curtis Factor' he may be in with a chance.

Re: X-Factor I don't think she has any chance of winning it, but in terms of talent Katie is easily up there with the names being branded about (especially One Direction and Aiden). The problem for her, and why she will never win it is because alot of viewers see her as extremely arrogant from her first few auditions and most people are upset it was her who took the place of Gamu. However, the last two performances of hers (last Sunday's saver and Saturdays 2nd week) have been as good as any I have heard in the competition maybe apart from Rebecca or Matt. John is very good aswell, if Mary is being branded about I see no reason why John should be quoted at 40/1, but the problem for him in comparison to Mary is he doesnt have Louie licking his arse and he is not Irish like Mary, so that immediately downgrades his chances. Anyway all in all the last 2 should be Matt and Rebecca. Hopefully the talentless Cher goes soon. Being fair to her she tries something new, but it really does not work, she needs to get back to basics with a similar performance to audition 1 to get back in with a serious chance. Still she has an attitude that alot of people (especially girls) seem to like from what I understand, and that will keep her in for a few more weeks no matter how she performs. Next week to go has to be Wagner for sure, he just talks in a foreign accent through his performances. When criticised for this last week by Danni (the only judge who so far has bothered to even do what her job entails, and judge the performances not lick the arses of the contestants) he said he can't help that he is foreign, well surely the viewers can and should kick him off he is not going to sing but talk his way through. Then I can see the other bottom two being Belle Amie again and Paije (considering Simon has just 1 group left I can see a fix occuring and judges keeping Belle Amie again which I dont mind as at least I get to see 4 sorts on the show for another week).

Re: X-Factor have you heard about Tesco's backing of Mary Byrne?? as she works for them, they are loving the free publicity and have emailed all 300k employees to support her, thats a shed load of votes every week isnt it?? could easily make the final 3 just based on that

Re: X-Factor Blimey, price has dropped to 3.2 already. Took the bet before it was announced that there was only going to be a single eviction so glad i went for the 5th place. Not sure how it is going to work tomorrow but I think Belle Amie will go whether it goes to the judges or straight from the public vote. They were in the bottom three last week so you would think they would come out with a belting performance but that was not the case tonight with a fairly poor performance. We have seen that they are not that popular with the public and Ted pointed out that there has been surges of money for them to go. Wagner is the worst performer but as he hasnt been in the bottom three once it looks like people are keeping him in for the jokey side of it. There were some good performances tonight and apart from Wagner, Belle Amie were the worst. John Adeleye has short odds to go tomorrow but I dont think his performance was too bad tonight, it was just the dancers in the background which was not his fault, think people may feel a bit sorry for him and vote for him.

Only the 1 eviction this week, yet there's a market for "bottom 3" :unsure With the successful acts being announced "in no particular order", are we to have a 3-way sing-off?
It'll be interesting to see how bookies react here. If you bet on Betfair then bets will most likely stand. Some juicy odds on who might have been in the 'bottom three' so I wouldn't be surprised if some bookies voided this as in series gone by, a 'bottom two' is a 'bottom two'. There is no 'bottom three' in this situation. Chances are for tomorrow the 'bottom three' will be the two acts who'll sing off whilst the third act who's safe is the red herring like Aiden was last week when he was in the 'bottom four'.

Re: X-Factor Simon Cowell tonight must have been praying for a solid performance from someone for the comments from Elton John during the week, and singled out Rebecca. I Know I keep harping on about Rebecca, personally didnt like the song but when she gets the right song its curtains for the rest. I dont understand why they seem to be keeping her back from the right song,maybe their keeping her on a tight reign till nearer the end, but its pretty clear they all know she is the top dog.

Matt Cardle was damn awesome. Needs to be favourite now with that performance. Number 1 hit or what :D Better than Britney Spears version.
I take it you were drunk when you watched it? I thought it was dreadful. Any male singing Britney Spears needs their head read.

I take it you were drunk when you watched it? I thought it was dreadful. Any male singing Britney Spears needs their head read.
I thought it was exceptional to be honest. A great cover of the Travis version, and I feel that he is by far the classiest singer in the competition. From a value point of view though, I do think Treyc at around 36.0 could be the joker in the pack .

Re: X-Factor The 'bottom three' fiasco still hangs in the balance over at Betfair. Me? I have no idea what's happening. http://community.betfair.com/xfactor/go/thread/view/112805/26121249/BOTTOM_3_VOID_ The odds suggest Belle Amie (into 13/8 and less) vs. Wagner (3/1 at Sky Bet but generaly less than that elsewhere) as to who goes. http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/x-factor/next-elimination

Re: X-Factor Along with Matt I thought Aiden's version of Diamonds are Forever was quite phenomenal. Them 2 plus Rebecca for me are the 3 best singers in the competition, but we know it doesnt matter just about that> Cher looks likely to go far because some people like her. I hope Wagner goes next week really.

I thought it was exceptional to be honest. A great cover of the Travis version' date=' and I feel that he is by far the classiest singer in the competition. From a value point of view though, I do think Treyc at around 36.0 could be the joker in the pack .[/quote'] Really? I just didn't get it at all. Every time I hear a male singing that song I think of Darius... Just doesn't do it for me at all......

Re: X-Factor Katie looks seriously overpriced to me at 33/1. (Paddy, VC, various others) I know that she's had some bad publicity but she did a great job on Saturday night with a fun song which stands out as one of the few memorable performances of the series so far. Don't think anyone is brilliant and can't believe the low odds on Matt and 1 Direction.

Re: X-Factor The youtube thing was interesting. This week so far views per song on the ITV.com x factor videos Week 3 Matt Cardle (7/4) - Hit Me Baby One More Time - 451.043 Cher Lloyd (12/1) - No Diggity/Shout - 425.053 One Direction (3/1) - Nobody Knows - 212.445 Treyc Cohen (50/1) - Purple Rain - 177.393 Rebecca Ferguson (5/1) - Why Don't You Do It Right - 169.511 Katie Waissel (33/1) - King Of The Swingers - 164.985 Aiden Grimshaw (16/1) - Diamonds are Forever - 149.305 Paije Richardson (75/1) - Ain't Nobody - 117.862 Mary Byrne (16/1) - I Who Have Nothing - 106.385 Belle Amie (125/1) - I'll Stand By You - 94.536 Wagner (35/1) - Spice Up Your Life/Livin La Vida Loca - 88.392 Why is Wagner 35/1 by the way? he was 100/1 before now he is 35/1... is there a conspiracy for him to win? :D Judging by the youtube hits then Cher is definitely better than her price suggests even if I personally do not like her. She will go far. Surprised to see Treyc so far up in the youtube views and was up for eviction which either suggets not to pay much attention to this or that she is everybody's 2nd or 3rd fave musician, but not fave :D Next elimination odds: Belle amie 2/1 Wagner 9/2 Paije 5/1 Treyc 15/2 Katie 17/2 Cher 25/1 Aiden 25/1 Mary 40/1 Becca 66/1 One Direction 100/1 Matt Cardle 125/1 I really hope Wagner goes, but judging by his price slash on the winners odds it may be best to vote for either Belle Amie or Paije... who is actually a good price to leave at 5/1. All the girls still there, so maybe with tactical voting and a possibility that Treyc or Katie could be up again one of them could be a decent bet too. However I think both can grow into the competition and deserve another week or two ahead of those like Wagner or Belle Amie.

Why is Wagner 35/1 by the way? he was 100/1 before now he is 35/1... is there a conspiracy for him to win? :D Judging by the youtube hits then Cher is definitely better than her price suggests even if I personally do not like her. She will go far. Surprised to see Treyc so far up in the youtube views and was up for eviction which either suggets not to pay much attention to this or that she is everybody's 2nd or 3rd fave musician, but not fave :D
There's now a Facebook campaign to get Wagner into the final. It worked last year when they got Rage Against The Machine to Christmas no.1. It would be hilarious if he won it. :lol

Re: X-Factor I can see Mary getting the boot at huge odds at some point in the near future. She's a one trick pony with a repertoire of about 3 songs. She's a good singer but she will get found out by just sticking to these old songs. She's not "unique" or "current" and fails miserably to "make the song her own". While the facebookers, students and novelty votes go to Wagner there will be value elsewhere for who gets the boot.