Tennis - US Open

Re: Tennis - US Open Peter Luczak > Sergiy Stakhovsky. 3.84 @ Pinnacle (4/10) This is my pick for underdog bet of the day. Stakhovsky arribed in New York having just won his 3rd career title. I'm worried he will be fatigued and last week's exploits will let him down today. He played doubles yesterday but singles is completely different stuff. The serious one. Stakhovsky crushed out of previous Grand Slam in 1st round @ Wimbledon retiring against Querrey. He had won Hertogenbosch prior to that, so it's deja-vu all over again for the Ukraine number 2. Luczak will be fresh and can fully take advantage of the situation. Their only meeting was actually last week. Stakhovsky won that one in 3 sets with tie-breaks in both sets he won so no big difference there. Perhaps handicap could be best advised here on Luczak but like I said earlier I'm not sure Stakhovsky will last this match. In case of retirement handicaps would be void, so I'm taking big odds on Pinnacle where I need only one set completed for bet not be void. Daniela Hantuchova -5 AH vs Vania King. 1.90 @ 188bet (5/10) Hantuchova should be too strong for King today. Dani was forced to fight very hard against resurgent Safina and did very well in the end. Having seen King lately can't see her surviving this one. She's more into doubles these days and focus on singles is not that good. King can't serve at the moment and if she struggles on serve yet again against Hantuchova, that will be it. Barring the repeat of their match in Wimbledon, this should be straight forward win for Hantuchova. Gisela Dulko vs Victoria Azarenka. Under 19.5 games. 1.83 @ Skybet. (6/10) I think this a bit too much for total games. Don't think Azarenka will have another shocker like she had against Niculescu in round 1 when she dropped 2nd set. She should be too strong for Dulko. Funny thing though is that Dulko has won last two matches against Azarenka. Don't remember what happened in Stuttgart last year but her win in French Open was not surprise because Azarenka was injured at the time. Under for me in this one. Juan Ignacio Chela > Yen-Hsun Lu. 1.80 @ Blue Square (6/10) Really like the look of Chela here. He has got far more experience and has had decent results as well. Lu is very crafty player and can run all day long, but normally struggles against players who are good in baseline rallies. Chela is just like that. I think Lu would rather play Roddick who is all about serve. The fact that Lu has won the only H2H means very little as far as today's match is concerned. Lu beat Chela in Hopmann Cup couple years ago. Hopmann Cup is a tournament which few people take seriously. Chela to win a close match today. Potito Starace vs Nicolas Almagro. Over 35.5 games. 1.85 @ Gamebookers Not a fan of Almagro lately and normally only thing I could possibly take is overs/unders. In Mugro's case it's overs. Unless he makes another horror show performance and goes down in straight sets overs should work in this match. I reckon that Starace should be good to take a set off Almagro. He has done that in 4 of 5 matches they've played, all be that on clay. Almagro has his ups and downs in every set and if Starace can take advantage he should be good to win a set or two. So fingers crossed over 35.5 games. The line is too short.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open

Peter Luczak > Sergiy Stakhovsky. 3.84 @ Pinnacle (4/10) This is my pick for underdog bet of the day. Stakhovsky arribed in New York having just won his 3rd career title. I'm worried he will be fatigued and last week's exploits will let him down today. He played doubles yesterday but singles is completely different stuff. The serious one. Stakhovsky crushed out of previous Grand Slam in 1st round @ Wimbledon retiring against Querrey. He had won Hertogenbosch prior to that, so it's deja-vu all over again for the Ukraine number 2. Luczak will be fresh and can fully take advantage of the situation. Their only meeting was actually last week. Stakhovsky won that one in 3 sets with tie-breaks in both sets he won so no big difference there. Perhaps handicap could be best advised here on Luczak but like I said earlier I'm not sure Stakhovsky will last this match. In case of retirement handicaps would be void, so I'm taking big odds on Pinnacle where I need only one set completed for bet not be void. Daniela Hantuchova -5 AH vs Vania King. 1.90 @ 188bet (5/10) Hantuchova should be too strong for King today. Dani was forced to fight very hard against resurgent Safina and did very well in the end. Having seen King lately can't see her surviving this one. She's more into doubles these days and focus on singles is not that good. King can't serve at the moment and if she struggles on serve yet again against Hantuchova, that will be it. Barring the repeat of their match in Wimbledon, this should be straight forward win for Hantuchova. Gisela Dulko vs Victoria Azarenka. Under 19.5 games. 1.83 @ Skybet. (6/10) I think this a bit too much for total games. Don't think Azarenka will have another shocker like she had against Niculescu in round 1 when she dropped 2nd set. She should be too strong for Dulko. Funny thing though is that Dulko has won last two matches against Azarenka. Don't remember what happened in Stuttgart last year but her win in French Open was not surprise because Azarenka was injured at the time. Under for me in this one. Juan Ignacio Chela > Yen-Hsun Lu. 1.80 @ Blue Square (6/10) Really like the look of Chela here. He has got far more experience and has had decent results as well. Lu is very crafty player and can run all day long, but normally struggles against players who are good in baseline rallies. Chela is just like that. I think Lu would rather play Roddick who is all about serve. The fact that Lu has won the only H2H means very little as far as today's match is concerned. Lu beat Chela in Hopmann Cup couple years ago. Hopmann Cup is a tournament which few people take seriously. Chela to win a close match today. Potito Starace vs Nicolas Almagro. Over 35.5 games. 1.85 @ Gamebookers Not a fan of Almagro lately and normally only thing I could possibly take is overs/unders. In Mugro's case it's overs. Unless he makes another horror show performance and goes down in straight sets overs should work in this match. I reckon that Starace should be good to take a set off Almagro. He has done that in 4 of 5 matches they've played, all be that on clay. Almagro has his ups and downs in every set and if Starace can take advantage he should be good to win a set or two. So fingers crossed over 35.5 games. The line is too short.
Stakhovsky has won 4 titles after New Haven. I hope you get these corect anyway.

Can some of the tennis experts tell me the situation regarding betting on this match' date=' I am assuming Azarenka has a bad injury? as the market is suspended.[/quote'] Azarenka collapsed due to heat, Dulko won by retirement before the first set was finished. Betting consequences depend on your bookie rules.

Azarenka collapsed due to heat' date=' Dulko won by retirement before the first set was finished. Betting consequences depend on your bookie rules.[/quote'] Thanks for that, just seen a clip on sky sports about it. You really dont take these things into account what some of these players need to endure.

Re: Tennis - US Open Having a few more from early matches... Dudi Sela > Xavier Malisse. 2.38 @ Pinnacle (5/10) See nice value in this one. Malisse retired in his last match in New Haven last week. No idea what sort of condition he is right now. Could be anything. Sela nothing special but the guy loves big stage and will fancy his chances today. He won a Challenger event prior to US Open. That will give him massive confidence boost. Malisse despite recovering his form has not been able to get decent wins lately and lost to Sela not so long ago in LA. Perhaps should be one of the closest matches in today's program, but Sela should win. Worth a shot surely at these odds. Melanie Oudin > Alona Bondarenko. 2.25 @ Ladbrokes (6/10) This is another of those who I really do believe of working out. Oudin had fantastic US Open last year but has not been able to play as good this year. She had terrible form coming into this tournament and I was worried that she might be out quickly. She had great performance in round 1 against Savchuk. 6-3, 6-0. She lost smth like 9 games in a row from saving a break point in the middle of the first set. Home support will be vital today. Bondarenko made some money in the first round but it was far from pretty. Dushevina was a break up twice in the decider. I think Ouding will have this one. Gilles Simon -5.5 AH vs Donald Young. 1.72 @ Bet365 (7/10) Couldn't imagine at the start of the year that I would be taking handicaps on Simon at some stage of this season. He was that bad. But today I just can not stay away from this only because of certain Donald Young. He is crap and I mean it. Simon has showed lots of improvement in tournaments leading into US Open and from what I saw he should be able to get rid of player like Young. Not the best price around at this particular line, but not taking risks here because anything can happen.

Re: Tennis - US Open Murray vs Lacko $1.95 under 28.5games @sportingbet 9/10 The scot playing the slovak here, i see nothing but a comfortable murray win, the weather is blistering and murray will want to spend as little time on the court as possible, he is very good chance to win us open and winning 1st round in the heat in no time would be a very high priority. I can see murray getting on a roll, playing very attacking and if he serves well this game could be over quicksmart

Re: Tennis - US Open Can I just say lads Ive been looking in this Tennis forum for a good few months now and have to say there are quite a few in here who make this tennis page very enjoyable, for the novices in here like myself......... I dont normally watch or bet on tennis, but this has changed over the last few months due to the Tennis sharks who swim about these pages. Cheers again lads

This past 6 months Ljubicic has just about been the worst player ive seen on tour. Serve aint working' date=' and had a stage where he was shanking so many forehands consistently guy has issues atm[/quote'] He's got a really painful rib injury. When he reaches to serve, he apparently feels a shooting pain down his side. This was bothering him at the French and it's not got any better. I wouldn't expect to see him do much until next season. Anyway, I'm not complaining. Followed Fishy's tip at a very nice price :ok

Another thing about Ljubicic is that he has won IW Masters this year' date=' got enough ranking pts to afford not to care about his tennis that much. Maybe will have some good time indoors at the end of the season.[/quote'] Yeah that is also true. He's meandering into the sunset a little. He's married (very bonnie wife) and has other interests outside of tennis. Perhaps the desire just isn't as burning as it once was?

wow i knew berdy always seemed to have problems with llodra in the 3 h2h but i didnt think he would have this many ' date=' wish i had backed llodra at 6/1 or so:([/quote'] Yeah looking at it now that Llodra price was laughable. Been in decent form as well even against the top players but has excelled today.

Yeah looking at it now that Llodra price was laughable. Been in decent form as well even against the top players but has excelled today.
yep it was laughable.. great calls today so far fishy! i had a feeling your predictions would come thru heres hoping they stay good!:hope Took Brown 3-0 so quite happy :lol murray cruising in my high stakes bet and harrison and GGL made it a good day :rollin

yep it was laughable.. great calls today so far fishy! i had a feeling your predictions would come thru heres hoping they stay good!:hope Took Brown 3-0 so quite happy :lol murray cruising in my high stakes bet and harrison and GGL made it a good day :rollin
Yeah not too bad so far but still early days ;). 3-0 Brown was a good call although looked in danger in tie break in the second as it was 5-5 with Hidalgo serving but came through okay in the end.

I thought as an avid tennis fan you agree with me that this would be a sad day for tennis

GetInline.aspx?messageid=472966e0-b4d2-11df-8858-002264c19764&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3a1.919953140%40web26307.mail.ukl.yahoo.com&hm__login=joemcadorey&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.122.8&d=d2070&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2001%20Sep%202010%2018%3a48%3a33%20GMT&st=joemcadorey&hm__ha=01_31d95c83809a118ba278958b5d190cbd593211029bcbe32a58e5dd14a68eaddd&oneredir=1

A Sad Day for Tennis! Wimbledon hopeful Simona Halep wants surgery to reduce the size of her breasts. After winning a host of junior titles and a place in the finals of the junior French Open last year, Halep is seen as one of the tennis stars of the future. But, the 5-foot-5-inch Romanian tennis star said she thinks her 34DD bust is holding her back. "I'll have a breast reduction operation," Halep said "the breasts make me uncomfortable when I play. It's their weight that affects my ability to react quickly," she added.

GetInline.aspx?messageid=472966e0-b4d2-11df-8858-002264c19764&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3a2.919953140%40web26307.mail.ukl.yahoo.com&hm__login=joemcadorey&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.122.8&d=d2070&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2001%20Sep%202010%2018%3a48%3a33%20GMT&st=joemcadorey&hm__ha=01_bfc9987fa97c574b9d63668c3bc6ea26f3f2ba3a983cd8e17761d9f216b18a6e&oneredir=1

SELF, SELF, SELF. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HER THAT WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING! THIS SELFISH, SPOILED LITTLE BRAT SHOULDN'T BE SO CONSUMED WITH "WINNING MAJOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS". WHAT ABOUT US, THE EVERYDAY FANS..?

I thought as an avid tennis fan you agree with me that this would be a sad day for tennis

GetInline.aspx?messageid=472966e0-b4d2-11df-8858-002264c19764&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3a1.919953140%40web26307.mail.ukl.yahoo.com&hm__login=joemcadorey&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.122.8&d=d2070&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2001%20Sep%202010%2018%3a48%3a33%20GMT&st=joemcadorey&hm__ha=01_31d95c83809a118ba278958b5d190cbd593211029bcbe32a58e5dd14a68eaddd&oneredir=1

A Sad Day for Tennis! Wimbledon hopeful Simona Halep wants surgery to reduce the size of her breasts. After winning a host of junior titles and a place in the finals of the junior French Open last year, Halep is seen as one of the tennis stars of the future. But, the 5-foot-5-inch Romanian tennis star said she thinks her 34DD bust is holding her back. "I'll have a breast reduction operation," Halep said "the breasts make me uncomfortable when I play. It's their weight that affects my ability to react quickly," she added.

GetInline.aspx?messageid=472966e0-b4d2-11df-8858-002264c19764&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3a2.919953140%40web26307.mail.ukl.yahoo.com&hm__login=joemcadorey&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.122.8&d=d2070&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2001%20Sep%202010%2018%3a48%3a33%20GMT&st=joemcadorey&hm__ha=01_bfc9987fa97c574b9d63668c3bc6ea26f3f2ba3a983cd8e17761d9f216b18a6e&oneredir=1

SELF, SELF, SELF. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HER THAT WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING! THIS SELFISH, SPOILED LITTLE BRAT SHOULDN'T BE SO CONSUMED WITH "WINNING MAJOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS". WHAT ABOUT US, THE EVERYDAY FANS..?

:lol Brilliant mate, laughing away at my desk.

Re: Tennis - US Open Yep should never have touched Berdy but what can you do....Llodra would have beaten everyone bar the really top guys today. Unplayable at times.Average last day, pissed about that Brands/Becker overs........:@....went to bed with it going into a 2nd breaker thinking money in the bag....tennis for you.

Re: Tennis - US Open Well, you warned, but I took Ljubicic in combo and later In-play. Shame on me :o There was a small patriotic factor though - I should eliminate it in the future :\ Thuis US OPen was worse of tournaments for me. I dont even remember how many underdogs won against my bets (and I'm nt playing just on small odds, but I just picked won those that lost :rolleyes:)

Re: Tennis - US Open One for today for me anyway, Monfils now at -3.5 at 1.8 and I have to take that. Seen Andreev in New Haven and it was a laughable display. Monfils surely has shaky moments but this handicap can be covered easily even in a 4-setter and perhaps even in a 5-setter with some luck. On paper he is two classes above.

He's got a really painful rib injury. When he reaches to serve, he apparently feels a shooting pain down his side. This was bothering him at the French and it's not got any better. I wouldn't expect to see him do much until next season. Anyway, I'm not complaining. Followed Fishy's tip at a very nice price :ok
edit