Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August

Can anyone tell me what happens if malek retires? I have 2 bets on pironkova to win and to win 2-0. Score is 1-0 in sets to pironkova and pironkova is a break up in the 2nd.
Depends what bookies you've done it with. Some make it void but some will pay out. Who did you do it with?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one match i believe will be an easy one chardy over Methieu 9/10 i managed to get 1.72 earlier Chardy playing well for the lat 2 weeks especially in hamburg. He easily got over petzschner and Chiudinelli. His serve was great, very high% and he also managed to take a set from Melzer. For me a must take against average Mathieu. Maybe i will even try Chardy -1.5 sets
Was thinking of doing this but something is holding me back. Having a proper look at this one now.

Does anyone have any information about Petzschner - Rochus? Pinnacle's odds for Petzschner went 2.30 -> 2.94.
Petzschner is struggling mate, was supposed to play Bundesliga at the weekend against Chela I think but withdrew. Apparently needs to rest a hand/finger injury but is still scheduled to play today. Weird one. Probably end up like the Skugor/Volandri match yesterday with Rochus winning pretty comfortably.Wouldn't get involved myself.

one match i believe will be an easy one chardy over Methieu 9/10 i managed to get 1.72 earlier Chardy playing well for the lat 2 weeks especially in hamburg. He easily got over petzschner and Chiudinelli. His serve was great, very high% and he also managed to take a set from Melzer. For me a must take against average Mathieu. Maybe i will even try Chardy -1.5 sets
be very careful with this bet..Mathieu should win this, they are friends and this is hard match..i see some value on Mathieu...

be very careful with this bet..Mathieu should win this' date=' they are friends and this is hard match..i see some value on Mathieu...[/quote'] Flip of a coin this one. Mathieu has won something like one match on clay this season, both not in the greatest of form. One to stay away from in my opinion

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Doesn't help that nearly all the bookies are too lazy to put up handicaps etc in these events. Hard to find an edge anywhere this week. Groenefeld's price dropping vs Groth in Istanbul. Had this match down as a Groth win on my list but she is only arriving from America sometime today(played some exhibition over there) and has to play a few hours later. 4 flights it took her apparently to get to Istanbul....:lol Seems impossible to back Groenefeld though but 13/8 is a nice price.........:unsure

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Just read some stuff on this match as it happens. Yeah Groth has really bad jet lag after less than a day in the country but Groenefeld was seen muching big time at mcdonalds. Fat against tired, who wins there? :)

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Yeah don't fancy parting with my money in the hope that Groth is struggling. We know Groenefeld definitely is struggling but seems like she's been hitting in Istanbul since the weekend. Who knows? Screams no bet to me.....

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August first thing i want to say, is thanks to IAMGOONER for the kind words yesterday after my defense of my tip on jamie hampton which i have to admit was a misjudgement! have a lot of respect for you and your tennis knowledge mate! secondly, i just want to draw peoples attention to some in-running prices that were happening on bet365 yesterday! in the match between mashona washington and kc-chang yesterday, the prices offered on both players to break were very high! kc- chang hit 3 double faults in her first sevice game and is renowned for being a bit unstable on her own serve yet washington was still priced at 4-1 to break serve in the next game...and sure enough she did! right through the match there were numerous breaks and once chang won the first set she went on to steam-roll the second set 6-0! yet each time she was 5-2 to break serve which under normal circumstances is a high price for a service break in women's tennis but when a player is clearly steamrolling another player surely the bookies have to re-act accordingly!! they did in the last game of that match when changs price to break merely changed from 5-2 to 9-4!! a similar situation happened in the jamie hampton and christina mchale match.....it was a tight first set which went to a tie-break which mchale won but then the wheels clearly went off the hampton wagon as she slumped to a 6-0 defeat in the second set, yet bizarrely mchale was still 5-2 to break hampton in the last game when it looked obvious that hampton had lost it, given up even!! i think this is worth pointing out! for example, at the moment sevastova is playing kvitova on hard court and from the start of the game but players were lingering around 13-8 to break!! what makes the likes of chang and washington so much different that there would be so much higher prices on service breaks from the same bookie! neither player is renowned for there serving!! 4-1 for example is the type of price i'd expect to see in a men's game on grass to break serve! i will be interested to see the type of prices bet365 will offer on the womens in-running matches in stanford this evening! And finally , i think it is worth noting that momentum is such a huge thing in tennis and i feel a lot of the firms don't react quick ebough regarding changing the service break prices when a player seems to have lost it mentally or is just giving up and there are profits to be made here provided one is disciplined and willing to wait for the opportunities!! good luck all, i'm going to follow a few of the accumulator tips on offer today!! there's no single bets screaming out at me except maybe smyczek to beat gabashvili but we'll see!

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August - Youzhny seems to be playing with Gicquel instead of Korolev. I did not notice this change anywhere, only at the scoreboard right now. Youzhny bets are going to voided. - Sevastova is either tanking the second set, or just got stroke with a flu. What is true here?

first thing i want to say, is thanks to IAMGOONER for the kind words yesterday after my defense of my tip on jamie hampton which i have to admit was a misjudgement! have a lot of respect for you and your tennis knowledge mate! secondly, i just want to draw peoples attention to some in-running prices that were happening on bet365 yesterday! in the match between mashona washington and kc-chang yesterday, the prices offered on both players to break were very high! kc- chang hit 3 double faults in her first sevice game and is renowned for being a bit unstable on her own serve yet washington was still priced at 4-1 to break serve in the next game...and sure enough she did! right through the match there were numerous breaks and once chang won the first set she went on to steam-roll the second set 6-0! yet each time she was 5-2 to break serve which under normal circumstances is a high price for a service break in women's tennis but when a player is clearly steamrolling another player surely the bookies have to re-act accordingly!! they did in the last game of that match when changs price to break merely changed from 5-2 to 9-4!! a similar situation happened in the jamie hampton and christina mchale match.....it was a tight first set which went to a tie-break which mchale won but then the wheels clearly went off the hampton wagon as she slumped to a 6-0 defeat in the second set, yet bizarrely mchale was still 5-2 to break hampton in the last game when it looked obvious that hampton had lost it, given up even!! i think this is worth pointing out! for example, at the moment sevastova is playing kvitova on hard court and from the start of the game but players were lingering around 13-8 to break!! what makes the likes of chang and washington so much different that there would be so much higher prices on service breaks from the same bookie! neither player is renowned for there serving!! 4-1 for example is the type of price i'd expect to see in a men's game on grass to break serve! i will be interested to see the type of prices bet365 will offer on the womens in-running matches in stanford this evening! And finally , i think it is worth noting that momentum is such a huge thing in tennis and i feel a lot of the firms don't react quick ebough regarding changing the service break prices when a player seems to have lost it mentally or is just giving up and there are profits to be made here provided one is disciplined and willing to wait for the opportunities!! good luck all, i'm going to follow a few of the accumulator tips on offer today!! there's no single bets screaming out at me except maybe smyczek to beat gabashvili but we'll see!
Another good time to bet on a break in women's tennis is when a player romps home to the first set 6-2 or 6-1. You can basically guarantee she will lose serve in her first service game of the next set, especially when the players are evenly matched. Sevastova predictably getting trounced in the second. Which is why I much prefer a player - like McHale yesterday - grinding out a set and mentally weakening the other player in the process, which is what happened to Hampton. Edit: Also just realised they're playing on hard court. Thought they were playing on clay when I picked Sevastova :eyes

Sport Tennis
Event Anastasija Sevastova v Petra Kvitova
Selection Sevastova
Strength 10/10
Date 27/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.16 (Back)
Reasoning Well, a very interesting coincidence as these two players have played last season their first game on hard against each other, then Sevastova has won easy with 6-1 6-2. This will going to be Sevastova's first game on hard of this season and speaking about the surface I have to mentionate that Anastasija can play some great tennis on hard. I'm really surprised of these odds but it seems that Petra Kvitova's great results and big surprises has all the influence in this one. Petra Kvitova defeated Cirstea, Zheng, Azarenka and Wozniacki in a row at Wimbledon, a really impressive run from her side but have to mentionate that all these opponents have not been in their best form, all of them purely didn't played thier tennis then. Only speaking about the most difficult ones Azarenka and Wozniacki, both have been injured in the period of Wimbledon. Anyway there are no doubts that Kvitova is a player with a quite good potential, she is a left-handed and that also give her some advantages but she still lacks so many aspects in the game and the experience as well. Sevastova is just more talented and more experienced player than Kvitova, she is just one class over Kvitova who is purely overrated at the moment because all those surprises from Wimbledon. All in all, IMO here we have just some great value as this is a perfect moment becasue Kvitova is just clear overrated. Good Luck!
Great pick !! Thank you for this analysis :clap:clap:clap

Anastasija Sevastova to beat Petra Kvitova 11/10 Paddy Power 5/10 Kvitova's run at Wimbledon has given her alot of stock in the eyes of bookmakers, however if you look at her form on other surfaces she's been pretty poor and is 1-4 on Clay this year. Sevastova also smashed her this time last year as well on hardcourt. She has the game to do well and it's probably only a matter of time before she does the biz on all surfaces but Sevastova should still be catching her at the right time, before she really blooms.
:cheers (won't mention that I thought they were playing on clay)

Re: Tennis: 26 July - 1 August Bartoli vs Harkleroad Asian H'cap UNDER 18 games @ 1.735 (Pinnacle:3/10) Only worrying thing is that this is Bartoli's first match since grass season. However she generally loves playing in the US, has been in Stanford practicing for a few days and has won this event last year(and final the year before).Harkleroad has played one tour match since 2008, got crushed by Molik in Miami 6-1 6-1. She's been training since and played in some exhibition-type matches at the weekend(like Groth) but this should still be a big step up for her. Can see a pretty comfortable win for Bartoli, really should be overpowering her opponent. GL!

i´m officially going with the handicap, good luck with the 2-0! Hope he wins something like 6/3 6/3 and everybody will be happy! LOL :hope
Just had a look at both of the players' form this year and not opting for the 2-0. Think the safest bet would be Cuevas to win straight but no point at those odds. Just be looking at it with interest for your bet mate. :ok