Tennis - French Open

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open Sport Tennis Event 04:00 PM Jurgen Melzer(AUT)(27) - Novak Djokovic(SRB)(3) Selection over 36.5 games (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 02/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75 (Back) Reasoning Jurgen Melzer had a good evolution this year in French Open,winning important games here like the match with David Ferrer(11).Last round Melzer won with Gabashvilli in 4 sets,while Novak Djokovic won with Ginepri,also in 4 sets.Now will be first difficult game for Djokovic in this tournament,so far playing with modest players like Korolev or Nishikori.I expect a game with 4 or 5 sets,certainly Djokovic will have some problems,Melzer being in good form so far in France.Take over 36.5 games tonight.

Re: Tennis - French Open OLA SODA! :rollin OLEEEE! SODAAA guys, the guy soderling, is not a tennis a player. he is a spiderman! When he was opening his hand to hit the forehand, jesus christ! he was like a white widow hahaha- not the black one- He is in life form, and i rate him one class above Nadal or any other from the bottom half And i dont enven consider that he might lose to berdych :dude Soderling to beat berdych is a must, and Soderling to win the trophy against Nadal or who ever Also i noticed that federer lost his freshness for EVER. His face was looking old, something like 35-37 years old instead of real 29 than he is I dont see federer wining any slam in the future :nana

Re: Tennis - French Open Here is my tip for June 03 Samantha Stosur vs Jelena Jankovic. Jankovic to win. 2.40 @ Pinnacle Catching early odds and have to say that price on Jankovic is really ridiculous! Janko has demolished Stosur in 3 of 4 meetings. The only time she lost was in Miami this year. Jankovic went to Miami tired after having just won Indian Wells so I can understand that defeat. Yesterday's match against Serena Williams will have taken a lot out of Stosur both physically and mentally. Jankovic has very good variety to her game which will help her to get a win here, besides Janko is more experienced at this level as she has won a Grand Slam semifinal in the past!

Re: Tennis - French Open

Sport Tennis
Event Francesca Schiavone v Elena Dementieva
Selection Francesca Schiavone
Strength 10/10
Date 03/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Really impressed with Schiavone in the last few rounds, and can see her variety causing a lot of problems for Dementieva. This is a huge match for her, but I think she's strong enough to come through it. Dementieva seems to have been struggling with a claf injury in the whole tournament, and should have been beaten by Petrova before she got injured. Strange to see Schiavone as favourite, but I think it's justified.
Sport Tennis
Event Sam Stosur v Jelena Jankovic
Selection Jelena Jankovic
Strength 10/10
Date 03/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.42 (Back)
Reasoning Again, strange to see Stosur favourite for this game, but in this case I don't think it's justified. She's beaten Henin Serena, which is a remarkable effort. But it'll be really tough to back up wins like that against a 3rd top player, especially the day after a long match. Jankovic seems to be in fine form, and has come through some tough tests without many problems. Really don't think Stosur should be favourite.

Re: Tennis - French Open Sport Tennis Event 03:00 PM Francesca Schiavone(ITA)(17) - Elena Dementieva(RUS)(5) Selection Francesca Schiavone(ITA)(17) Strength 10/10 Date 03/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84 (Back) Reasoning For Elena Dementieva the single difficult game was with Nadia Petrova,victory in 3 sets,the others games was with womens after 40th place ATP.Francesca Schiavone played toughest matches,like the games with Li Na(12) or Caroline Wozniacki(3).Dementieva also played unpersuasive on clay so far,losing games with girls like Pironkova,Dulgheru or Ivanovic.Bet on Francesca Schiavone. Sport Tennis Event 05:00 PM Samantha Stosur(AUS)(7) - Jelena Jankovic(SRB)(4) Selection Jelena Jankovic(SRB)(4) (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 03/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay) Reasoning Jelena Jankovic played in Roland Garros so far only with girls after 25th place ATP,like Shvedova,Hantuchova or Bondarenko.So,was easy for jankovic to qualify in this round.Samantha Stosur eliminated strong players in this week,like Serena Williams or Justine Henin Hardenne.I am sure that Stosur will have a high morale for this match and I expect she to make another "victim" and to qualify in last round.

Re: Tennis - French Open Lost with Serena yesterday on handicap, fair play to Stosur. Schiavone looks a good play today...wanted her as an underdog but going on form throughout the tournament price seems fair. As for Jankovic, only way I see her beating Stosur is if the latter is tired which I guess is possible after two tough wins. H2H means little here as none were on clay and Stosur's weapons(serve which can kick and forehand) seem more potent on this surface. If Stosur is fresh I can't see Jankovic's defensive crap doing the job here. Really don't want to get involved in WTA again though and will probably just watch today.

Re: Tennis - French Open Mens Semi on Friday, does Berdych look big at 7/4?? Really think it will be closer than the odds suggest, would have Soderling as 1.6-1.8 favourite. I would say that just because I think Soderling will do better in tight moments...but tbh Berdych is looking great to me so a tough match on the cards. Funny that I expect either of these two to give Nadal a better match than Federer would have in the final.

Re: Tennis - French Open Soiderling/Berdych/ Melzer 3 out of 4 roland garros semifinalists are ratther hard courters than clay courters , correct? they prefer to hit the ball flatty than spined Or, you think that melzer is clay courter? i predicted this- one way or onother- since madrid open, and exactly the day melzer defeated verdasco- i predicted the come back of hard courters at clay major event, not names, although i mentioned CLEARLY the name of Soderling Cheers boys, i am not sure however about melzer, coz i watched him only once in my life, it was that day in madrid when he trashed verdasco and i definitely agree with gooners that both soda and berdych willl be tougher opponents for nadal in a probable final :nana

Re: Tennis - French Open I've had a wee think about the semi-finals on the men's side and I've decided I'll leave the Robin Soderling-Tomas Berdych match alone. My original thoughts lie with Soderling to win but this match could be really tight. I'm not sure it's one to punt on. However, I do fancy a bet in the match between Rafael Nadal and Jurgen Melzer. This is going to be a step too far for Melzer - for me, his final was the match with Novak Djokovic. Nadal's a bad match up for him. He'll move Melzer all over the court and will be able to deal with Austrian's powerful strokes. He's just a class above on clay. This is Melzer's first Slam semi-final and I feel the occasion might get to him a little on Chatrier, against the king of clay. Nadal leads the H2H and I can see him wanting to conserve energy before the final - I reckon he'll get this done pretty quickly. Melzer played well against Djokovic but ultimately, the Serb was the master of his downfall. I can't see Nadal being anywhere near as complacent. No value in the -8 game line at 1.77, so I'm going to take under 28.5 games at 2.10. A 6-4 6-3 6-3 score or a 6-4 6-4 6-2 score will cover this. I can see Nadal having few problems here, so I'm happy to play the unders line for this match. My selection, therefore, is: - Under 28.5 games between Rafael Nadal and Jurgen Melzer at 2.10 with Pinnacle (5/10) :hope

Soiderling/Berdych/ Melzer 3 out of 4 roland garros semifinalists are ratther hard courters than clay courters , correct? they prefer to hit the ball flatty than spined Or, you think that melzer is clay courter? i predicted this- one way or onother- since madrid open, and exactly the day melzer defeated verdasco- i predicted the come back of hard courters at clay major event, not names, although i mentioned CLEARLY the name of Soderling Cheers boys, i am not sure however about melzer, coz i watched him only once in my life, it was that day in madrid when he trashed verdasco and i definitely agree with gooners that both soda and berdych willl be tougher opponents for nadal in a probable final :nana
are u having a laugh, you couldnt predict shit mate remember your 1000 bet going down the swanny!

Anybody have thoughts on Soderling and Berdych? Really looking forward to this one.
I'll enjoy it from the comfort of my cou.. ehh, computer chair, might do some in-play trading, but nothing pre-match I don't think. Looks an over match, but as said the odds are too short.. I think trading the double and triple break points could be a nice route, as a break (especially for Berdych) should shift the odds quite a bit I think.

Anybody have thoughts on Soderling and Berdych? Really looking forward to this one.
Tough match for me. Looks a good chance on paper of covering the overs but the line is ridiculously high at 40.5 games and the price is crap. Soderling's too short outright, yet I don't trust either of the handicaps, which are set at +/-4 games. 4-3 on H2H to the Swede, with Berdych pumping Soderling 6-2 6-2 in Miami this year. I reckon Soderling will pull through but nowhere near enough for me to place a bet on it - like Jenspm, I'll be chilling out watching it with a nice cold drink. Both men are playing well. If you love tennis, this is the sort of match you love to watch, whether you punt on it or not.

Re: Tennis - French Open Yeah toughie no doubt but 7/4 for Berdych is hugely appealing I think. I'm gonna have a go at 2 bets. Berdych vs Soderling OVER 3.5 sets @ 8/15 (>Bet365 : 10/10) Berdych to beat Soderling @ 7/4 (>Bet365 : 3/10) Should be a tough match but I think Berdych is a bit underrated here, and should be more like 5/4....probably over-reaction to Soderling beating Federer which is understandable plus higher-ranked player, and Berdych is also known as a choker. I like the guy tbh and think he can really test Soderling here. These guys have a gruesome h2h 6-4 Soderling so clearly a tough match-up with both playing similar power games. Big serving, powerful forehands, decent movement for big guys.......super win for Soderling over Federer, conditions suited him perfectly.....he served better than Federer and hit with enough depth to expose Federer's defence and force the error/set up a winner for himself. Little half chance for Fed at 1 set apiece when he had break point which you'd expect him to take but he didn't. Berdych similarly against Murray and Youzhny....consistent power from the back of the court, serving like a demon, and basically looking a class above these guys....some of the return winners he hit versus Murray were exceptional. Weather looks better for tomorrow but regardless I don't see it hugely turning this match in either's favour. The positive I see in Soderling's favour is the experience of reaching the final last year but I think Berdy's confidence and level right now can compensate for that. In my view he's serving, and hitting with enough accuracy, depth and power right now to make a match of this....ability-wise I don't see a great deal between them. Not a big one for backing dogs but gonna give it a shot as I see it as a tough match(slightly in Soderling's favour) but being decided by a few points here and there. Confident of a big match from Berdych so hopefully he delivers and at least one of the bets comes up. GL!

Re: Tennis - French Open Dunno about Nadal and Melzer....surely a 3-0 Nadal win IMO but some bookies are giving crap odds for unders and others great odds. It's clear Nadal can crush Melzer who is surely not consistent enough from the baseline for Nadal over a 5 set match....but little concerned by Nadal's level even though his below-par level is still better than everyone else. His serve looks vulnerable, Melzer can get chances to attack the second serve...but he looked like he was gonna choke against Dkojovic the other day(missing easy volley at match point......:lol) and this match will be another step up in terms of pressure. I think Melzer has one set in him where he can play lights out tennis and keep it tight but likewise Nadal has a few gears to go into and could dismantle him.

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling v Tomas Berdych
Selection Lay Tomas Berdych (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.94 (Lay)
Reasoning I'm seeing support for Berdych here but I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think this is Soderlings time and he is making Philippe Chatrier his court. He's taken apart Nadal and Federer on this court and must feel huge confidence stepping out onto it tomorrow. Berdych has been excellent too, but had his big performances against Murray and Youzhny on the other courts. I think this, and the fact the weather is predicted sunny tomorrow, could have a big effect. Don't think H2H matters too much either, as both have stepped up in this tournament and this is a huge match for both. They play a similar sort of game, but Soderling has a bit more game, and I think he justifies being quite a strong favourite here.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Jurgen Melzer
Selection Rafael Nadal -8.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Great work by Melzer to get this far, but surely he can't go further. Don't think it's a good match up for Melzer, as he doesn't have any lefty advantage that he is very adept at using. Think he'll come to the net a lot in this game, and test Nadals passing shots, but also think this could be the game that Nadal really steps up. Nadal hasn't been as convincing as in previous years, but still has made the semis without dropping a set. Hude occasion for Melzer, and he could freeze. If not, still think Nadal can really dominate a set and I like him to cover this handicap.

Event Jurgen Melzer vs Rafael Nadal
Selection Over 28.5
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Nadal still has not convinced me that he is in best form here in Paris. He has had only one under thus far in this tournament which was in the very first match against very adventurous French youngster Gianni Mina. Other than that every other opponent has come close and tested him. Melzer might be jaded after 5-setter against Djokovic but he said that he felt fine yesterday so everything looks ok. Besides this wont be his first time on Chatrier so no worries about nerves. I think Melzer is capable of getting this done. After all he's not worst than Almagro or Bellucci.

Event Robin Soderling vs Tomas Berdych
Selection Under 40.5
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Don't think this match will have more than 4 sets and actually I fancy Soderling to demolish Berdych in 3 sets but not sure he'll be able to do it. Miami tournament earlier this year was a shocker so you never know and Berdych is in fantastic form and can make a shock here by winning but still it will be under 40.5 games for me.

Re: Tennis - French Open One thing to consider with Berdych is that he's benefitted from rain breaks in his last couple of matches. Murray was getting back into the match in the second set until the rain hit, and also Youzhny was getting chances on his serve. Both times Berdych pressed 'refresh' on the restart of play and played lights out till the end of the match. Tomorrow should be a hot, sunny day and Berdych will be out there from start to finish, so I fancy the game to be close early on but Soderling will probably end up winning pretty comprehensively as Berdych falls apart a bit.