Best bet of the day 10th May

3.40 Brighton I feel the likely favourite Chalice welcome might be worth taking on, he is a lot better on the AW than turf and all his recent wins have come on aw and now 23lb higher than last win on turf last Sept. Perpetually is undoubtly a much classier horse than most of this field and although failed to come on for runs recently he might be one more risk off a slipping mark, he was unbeaten on fast ground until last time out 2 weeks ago, but hopefully the step up in trip will bring out that little extra that he perhaps needs. Johnstons horse often improve for the step up in trip and his horses continue in good enough form as they often do. 1pt win Perpetually

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May R5.20 All Moving Parts 0.5pt E/W 66/1 Victor Chandlers It's not really my style to pick horses trained by a trainer who hasn't had a placed horse in 20 runners this season, but I'll make an exception here ! Four of the trainers last 5 horses have actually finished just out of the places in 4th at prices of 33/1, 25/1, 20/1 and 100/1. The selection could potentially be the best drawn of these (14 of 14) and the horse ran much it's best race on its only attempt on this ground over this distance. Back racing over those conditions today off a 9lb lower mark and with an excellent claimer taking a further 3lb off, the horse could well be overpriced.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 5.10 brighton Apart from the market leaders i disagree with the way the other six runners in this are priced, id be taking percentages off the middle lot and driving in the price of LODI who will be fitter for last run and is handicapped to go close under Queally. 20/1 ladbrokes, 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 4:50 Redcar - Bin Shamardal - Back Barry Hills horses that progress are definitely ones to keep on the right side of. 941 is definite form progression, and he could well follow up here. Handicap debut here and Hills has a good strike rate at Redcar, fancy his chances at a decent price 1pt win @ 7/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 5:20 Redcar BRING SWEETS I hope this horse will deliver the sweet taste of success. The money has come, and the Ellison stable is known to enjoy the odd gamble. He ran on over the same distance on his seasonal reappearance to finish 5 lengths behind a rival now rated 69. Bring Sweets runs today off 51 which could, taking the form literally, make him very well in. Ellison is in ok form, one winner this month and he does have winners at Redcar without it being a prolific track for him (11%). Jockey PJ Macdonald is riding well with 6 winners and two 2nd's in May. 1pt e/w Bring Sweets 8/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May Wolvs 4.30 Daniella De Bruijn 1 pt W 41.00 VC/SJ CD winner, who scored his only sands win last October with almost the same weight. Now the rating is drop down to 68 (was 77 during the win). Run in some nice races, scored another win last season on turf and few places. The yard showed some good results recently. Very sweat value ! GL

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 5.30 Wolve - Prickles e/w @ 33/1 Betfred Another from my notebook. Lto I noticed him running on well late. Maybe 2m is still too far as a trip for him at this stage of his career and back to 1m4f would suit. The race has a few front runners and he likes to come from off the pace, so I'll have a small e/w bet here. The price is worth a try anyway. I think this horse has a race in him. The way he picked up 4,5 out last time was promising and with 5lbs claimer and going left handed again, might be exactly what he needs.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May Wolverhampton 3 00pm Little Edward 1pt lay Market view this as a 2 horse race and the easy thing to do would be to dutch between the 2 market leaders but you know things aint that simple in horse racing Little Edward has good recent form on this track but 2 other horses stand the form for me today one being very good market odds indeed The lay is value at 3.05/3.10 the mo on Betfair and hope will come in near the off which i think it will as the money will come in this 2 horse market race,lay gets beat,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 2.30 Wolv - Pick A little - win at 11/4 BOG with Bet365 First look at a two year old race This on is the only previous winner in the field and takes a big drop in class after running in a class 3 conditions stakes at Ascot last week Sprint bred and an early foal A lot of these are more stotly bred and might struggle for pace against the selection, who's a nippy front running type.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May Brighton 19.10 I like to take note when Stoute sends his horses here and he saddles Visualize here tonight, won on her debut here 3 weeks ago over a furlong shorter and looks to improve for the step up in trip, a mark of 73 looks fair for that effort. 1pt win @ 9/2 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 5.10 Brighton - Sherjawy - Win Gone for Sherjawy in the last here at Brighton at a very generous 12/1. Looking at his last couple of races he could reverse the form here with a couple of his rivals. Lto at Goodwood he was just over 2 lengths behind My Kingdom but is now 10lb better off from that run, plus the jockeys 5lb claim so is effectively 15 lb better off. Also finished just over 2 lengths behind Peter's Island 3 starts ago and is 1lb better off plus the jockeys 5lb claim. Purely on the weights i dont see this one a 12/1 shot. Has won here at Brighton, 2 turf wins have been on firmer ground and usually likes to sit just behind the leaders. With a strong pace expected this could favour him.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 18:10 Windsor Essexbridge was well beaten at this course over a mile trip LTO when Ryan Moore decided to hold him up, this was a bad decision due to 2 reasons - firstly the course does not suit hold up horses and secondly the horse had previously chased the leaders in all three of his runs where he notched up form of 421. He did run on well that day so the extra 2 furlongs today should suit and with Richard Hannon back on board, I am confident I will get a good run for my money since he should know what the horse is all about having won and placed on him from 2 rides. 1pt win Essexbridge @ 13/2 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 630 Towcester: Knar Mardy EW (20/1 VCBet, Corals bog) Rubbish race in which Stir On The Sea is 6/4 fav, this one has no weight but hasnt set the world alight in the novice arena. Knar Mardy is worth a punt at 20/1, once with Henderson and Charlie Podgson has had little reward so far although the last couple of times has shown a poor race is within his sights, with so many disappointing sorts here he may get involved.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May

I just had Prickles E/W at 25/1 but seems like I should have got more Put 1.50 EW so total stake of 3 but only got £9 return. Is that correct?
Yes mate. The place is 5/1. A late withdrawal made it 11 runners so the places were 1/5.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 19:40 Windsor A maiden race here today and the step up in trip should suit the running style of Strawberry Rose and wouldn't be surprised if she took this. Made debut in a 1m Doncaster maiden, where she looked green right up until the final couple of furlongs before making eye-catching headway from the rear, finishing sixth. Is upped in trip by two furlongs today and that should suit down to the ground. Related to the Stoute-trained Strawberrydaiquiri which is another positive. Couple of decent looking types, such as Soviet Secret but this one can at least run with a lot of credit. 0.5pt EW @ 6/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May Towcester 8.30: bianco Fuji 1pt win @ SP made an encouraging debut when 5th on good to soft over this trip. Was backed well so decent run was expected. Trainer runs two but this one looks the best of them with most scope for improvement. This race won't take a lot of winning and looks most likely winner IMO.

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May 640 windsor ORDNANCE ROW ran on Saturday at Haydock down the field but that was prep for this race just like last year when both victories were wihtin 1 or 2 days of an outing Bushman needs it softer, and Beacon Lodge has no course runs here. 2/1 bet365

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May Non runner now BH. same race: tears from heaven 1pt win @ 6/1 bet365 bog was a close 2nd selection for me in this race behind original selection. Ran well on debut and was very well backed. Should progress for that effort and every chance in a weak looking race.