** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb

fintron

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 16:15 Fairyhouse - The Book Thief Has finished 2nd the last 3 times out over hurdles put in a really solid perfomance last time in testing ground. Fancy him to get his head infront in this event. 1 pt win

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 3:00 Southwell Pennek Ive always liked this horse and have to give it a go in this 4 runner affair. Gets the trip and Alan King has a race in mind for this one at the festival so expect a decent run out tomorrow. Ogee has to concede weight and that may be the difference as these were quite closely rated as hurdlers 1pt win

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 330 Southwell: Call At Midnight Typing this up quick before i miss anymore points, was 11/4 a couple of minutes ago, now just 9/4 with one firm. Ran well on her debut when third to the fav Banjaxed Girl, wasnt given too hard a time and at these weights should be able to reverse the placings. 9/4 PP Bog

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 3.30 Ling - Thunderball - win @ 13/2 BOG with Stan James CD winner who returns here and back to a mile after a crack at 10 furlongs last time. In that race he quickened clear then faded at the finish, suggesting he didn't get the trip but had to ability to quicken away from the field at around the mile mark Couple of front runners in the race who might set it up for a 'tracker' A few old regulars in the field like Alfresco, Gallantry, Dens gift, Red Somerset, Trafalgar. They're all ok and will win occasionally but are well exposed My selection is relatively lightly raced and quite possibly still on the up. Pegasus Again is a worry for me, but hopefully he'll be scrapping for the lead with Dens Gift and ruin each others chances.

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb Taunton 4.50 Paddy the Piper 1 pt W, Sporting bet 29.00 Always like such hunters, of course if my horse will not finish down at some fence :) To much of them falling. However Paddy the piper is a 13-years old classy horse, who get a big almost two years rest. He is without doubt one of the most experienced here. The favorit Sercina is nice p2p winner, but will be capable to show his qualities on such a race. Paddy the piper has bigger succes in hurdles with some class 1 race win. His chasing starts also were nice enought. I think he may become a classy hunters chaser. Never like a female clayming jockeys, but here will take a risk :)

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 15:40 Lingfield Several with chances in this race but my vote lands with Pegasus Again who I think gets off fairly lightly with only a 3lb rise in the weights for his course and distance success LTO. Won by a length to Den's Gift who re-opposes off 2lb better terms today but I feel that won't be enough to reverse the form, especially since the horse has a string of close 2nds to his name and comes off the back of a poor effort at Kempton LTO although that was up in class. Pegasus Again also won a maiden over course and distance and has also won at the track over 7 furlongs. Will need to break well today to have a good chance of winning since he is drawn in stall 9 but he was drawn in stall 8 from 9 runners when winning here LTO so I feel the high draw won't be that much of a problem for him. 1pt win Pegasus Again @ 7/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb Southwell 3 30pm Banjaxed Girl 1pt lay Horse going for 3 in a row but a few things imv stack up against this horse,1st the trip i think the horse will fade near the end today as for me ideal trip is in the region 2m and no higher 2nd the penalty weight will not help today as others make this to their advantage with the trip,3rd and the most important factor for me is that 3 other horses get a good for score that says this lay gets beat today at value market odds,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 2.40 Ling Clayton Flick win @ 8/1 Bet365 Plenty of reasons to take on the favourite at a short price here, and I am a big fan of the chances of Clayton Flick here. He really didnt look to be going anywhere as a 3 year old until his last 2 runs, where he has improved to finish 3rd behind Your Lad (probably hit the front too soon) and then a fast closing 2nd behind Vittachi. The form of the Vittachi race is unknown, with nothing having run since ... however, the speed figure Clayton Flick recorded for that race would actually be good enough to take this, and certainly good enough to overturn the favourite. My confidence is boosted in that I actually expect Clayton Flick to improve for the step up in trip, and if he can do that, he should be tough to beat. As a little footnote though, this horse does look difficult to win with - and my praise would go to Steve Donohoe if he got Clayton home.

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 2:40 Lingfield - Tuscan King - Back Time for me to start a new streak after yesterday's defeat. Tuscan King is the only runner in this race with 1s in his recent form. Going to be hard to beat here, especially considering he's slightly well in. Did well to come 2nd to a horse rated 75 lto when effectively 11lb worse off than if in a handicap. Great chance here, and odds against looks really fair 1pt win @ 11/10 Ladbrokes BOG please

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 3.40 Lingfield: Den's Gift 1pt win @ 6/1 Victor Chandler BOG Popular race in here today. This one has ran well over C&D, is well drawn, stable in decent looking form so must be in with a decent shout in an open race. Is closely matched at the weights with Pegasus Again on C&D running but with a better drawn than that rival I think could go close today.

Re: best bet of the day - tue 23rd feb 5:10 Lingfield. Was going to put up Blue Eyed Elouise but that's been pulled. I do think that Look Officer is sensationally over-priced at 33/1. Won earlier this year at Southwell over a furlong further and showed a very decent turn of foot. That was off 6lbs lower than today but it ran well when carrying the penalty when finishing 3/4. Those small runner races definitely did not suit the hold up style it likes, was difficult to do in such a small race. Change of scenery might do the trick too and decent jockey on board, who I rate much higher than the Smith guy who was on Look Officer LTO. 0.5pt EW @ 33/1 StanJames