** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Formula One World Championship

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship With Vettel grabbing all the headlines most of the time and especially the last two weeks, Webber is less in the spotlight and this reflects immensely on his odds. I feel his odds almost all the time have value: he is always underrated. With him in what appears to be the fastest car a podium must be possible. I managed to get some money in @ 3.1. A few days ago Bwin started him @ 3.25 for the podium but I guess they soon realised how ridiculous this odd was so now he is down to something like 2.4. I would actually still bet on that!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship at the begining 2 bets for Q Michael Schumacher v Nico Rosberg 2 @ 1.83 WillHill The same bet last 2 weeks ago. For me nothing change since Bahrain. Rosberg is clearly faster, he poved it on tests and proved it in first race. First training seasion was better over 1 sec, I think in second Rosberg tested his car with much more fuel than Shumaher. For me it easy money. KUBICA R. - BARRICHELLO R. 1 @ 1.60 Interwetten Really nice odd for that (B&W pay for the same bet 1.20). In Bahrain in q Kubica lose only with drivers from top 4 teams. In the race lose with Barichello becouse he took part in accident on the 1st lap. He has much better car than I expexted after tests, and today really suprised winning 1st practise seasion. WHat more he really likes streets rases, I for me 1.60 here is a gift.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Kubica lost by 1 place :( But Rosberg - Schumacher 3-0 this season :D Of course I bet it for the race too :). I hope it will be 4-0 Besides Rosberg 2 low stakes for race from B&W: Will Vitaly Petrov (RUS/Renault) classify in the race ranks?no @ 2.30 The rookie from the Russia has really bad controlling of his car in Australia. In practise and finally in Q he didn't manage to takes bolid tight and counts grass many times. For tomorrow there are 40% chances that will be raining at the begoning, much more that it will be raining at the end, I think even if this time car will be ok, earlier or later he will count dancing on the grass. Too less experience and too difficult race for him. How many cars of BMW-Sauber will be classified: non @ 4.75 In Bahrain neither Kobayashi nor Di Grassi didn't manage to finish race (hydraulic problems), why should they finish race in GB Australlia? Truck is more difficult, wheather's forecast are not optimistic, and Sauber cars seem to getting worse last time. Really poor times, problems on first training day, disapointing resluts in Q. I think 4.75 is tempteting here.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship

In Bahrain neither Kobayashi nor Di Grassi didn't manage to finish race (hydraulic problems)' date=' why should they finish race in GB Australlia? Truck is more difficult, wheather's forecast are not optimistic, and Sauber cars seem to getting worse last time. Really poor times, problems on first training day, disapointing resluts in Q. I think 4.75 is tempteting here.[/quote'] It was probably just an oversight when you were typing, but Di Grassi isn't the other Sauber driver, it's Pedro De La Rosa.

It was probably just an oversight when you were typing' date=' but Di Grassi isn't the other Sauber driver, it's Pedro De La Rosa.[/quote'] sure, I always mixed them :( finally really interesting race, just give a shower to each event and we will have more interesting sport :) Rosberg again beat Schumacher so I won 4th time in a row with that. I wonder if next race bookmaker again give us odds around 1.80 for Rosberg. Of course I will play it if only they will give me 1.70 Pietrow fantastic start but he couldn't reach a finish, quite easy 2.30 K.Kobayashi drove only few seconds so only De La Rosa reach the finish and destroy 4.75 bet. What a pitty that Di Grassi is not a BMW driver :lol But after this race I'm really happy, of course 2nd place for Kubica help keeps my smile :)

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Today of course Rosberg beat Schummacher again, but I expected rain and didn't play it :( For tomorrow I expected haevy rain and of course many non-classified drivers. SCHUMACHER M - KUBICA R. 2 @ 1,90 Interwetten Kubica has unexpected good results in Malesia. His car is not so bad as everyone expected before the season (it seems now "the best from the rest") and Kubica really works hard to improve it. From the other hand everyone talks about big 4, but some experts started to talk about top 3 and weaker Mercedes. Generally Schummaher in Mercedes is disappoinnting so far. Kubica is really great in rain, of course Michael also used to be, bu today he didn't confirm that still is so great on wet surface. Kubica starts one line before Schummacher, I think Michale at the start can beat Hulkenberg and BArichello but not Robert. I bet on Kubica. And now let's hunt for some non-classified, I expect there will be planty of them tomorrow KOBAYASHI K. NO @ 2.50 Interwetten In 2 races he finish so far 11 laps.....ok today he was really good but still I don't trust in Sauber. For me we have really nice odd here. Lewis Hamilton NO @ 4.50 PaddyPower 10 strat row and sharing it with Alosno! Lewis is very ambitious and often he first do sth and than think. So we have fast and fourius Hamilton, probably really bad whether (he isn't the best during the rain), almost 20 cars ahead and his "best friend" Alonso aside. If he didn't exageratte with speed, probably do it in fight with Alonso or other driver. For that moment that it, maybe sth more later.

Today of course Rosberg beat Schummacher again, but I expected rain and didn't play it :( For tomorrow I expected haevy rain and of course many non-classified drivers. SCHUMACHER M - KUBICA R. 2 @ 1,90 Interwetten Kubica has unexpected good results in Malesia. His car is not so bad as everyone expected before the season (it seems now "the best from the rest") and Kubica really works hard to improve it. From the other hand everyone talks about big 4, but some experts started to talk about top 3 and weaker Mercedes. Generally Schummaher in Mercedes is disappoinnting so far. Kubica is really great in rain, of course Michael also used to be, bu today he didn't confirm that still is so great on wet surface. Kubica starts one line before Schummacher, I think Michale at the start can beat Hulkenberg and BArichello but not Robert. I bet on Kubica. And now let's hunt for some non-classified, I expect there will be planty of them tomorrow KOBAYASHI K. NO @ 2.50 Interwetten In 2 races he finish so far 11 laps.....ok today he was really good but still I don't trust in Sauber. For me we have really nice odd here. Lewis Hamilton NO @ 4.50 PaddyPower 10 strat row and sharing it with Alosno! Lewis is very ambitious and often he first do sth and than think. So we have fast and fourius Hamilton, probably really bad whether (he isn't the best during the rain), almost 20 cars ahead and his "best friend" Alonso aside. If he didn't exageratte with speed, probably do it in fight with Alonso or other driver. For that moment that it, maybe sth more later.
We hadn't rain, but anyway not so bad: Kubica :ok KOBAYASHI K.:ok Hamilton:spank

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship This weekend: Grand Prix of China! Liuzzi top 10, 3.55 @ Bwin Force India has 3 out of 3 point scores. Liuzzi scored in 2 races already. Force India performs well on the long straights and China has a very long straight. Value for sure in this bet. Hamilton to beat Alonso, 1.95 @ Bwin The long straight will play into the hands of McLaren. Other than that, Lewis is on fire in the races. Ferrari have some engine issues, don't know to what extent, but I expect Hamilton to win purely on pace. I can also recommend backing Webber for the WDC title, something like 26 @ Betfair, which is ridiculous considering it's about 9 times the odds of Vettel winning the WDC plus the Red Bull is currently the fastest car!

• 4 weeks later...

Sport Motorsport
Event Spanish Grand Prix
Selection Sebastian Vettel to get pole position
Strength 10/10
Date 08/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I definately think this should be odds on. Red bull have looked in a class on there own in qualifying this season, and in practice in Spain they look incredible. The mid-high speed corners of this track really work the aero and in that department Red Bull are untouchable. Vettel also seems to have the measure of Webber, especially in qualifying, and Vettel has 3 out of 4 pole positions this season. So many positives for this, weather looks decent too, so definately think this should be odds on.
Sport Motorsport
Event Spanish Grand Prix
Selection Kamui Kobayashi to finish in the points
Strength 10/10
Date 09/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning I'll take a risk on the Saubers this weekend. They looked good in early testing, but so far this season has underperformed. They have a good update in this race, and in practice look reasonable. They seem to be around 10th-12th on pace this weekend, and comments after qualifying were encouraging. Reliability is a big concern, but they've had some time to fix the problems and can get a fresh start here. They should be in the fight to get into Q3 and I think will pick up there first points of the season. Kobayashi is an exciting driver with a lot of potential that he hasn't been able to show so far this season. If the car is improved he's a good racer and can grab some points here.
Sport Motorsport
Event Spanish Grand Prix
Selection Pedro de la Rosa to finish in the points
Strength 10/10
Date 09/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning I'll take a risk on the Saubers this weekend. They looked good in early testing, but so far this season has underperformed. They have a good update in this race, and in practice look reasonable. They seem to be around 10th-12th on pace this weekend, and comments after qualifying were encouraging. Reliability is a big concern, but they've had some time to fix the problems and can get a fresh start here. They should be in the fight to get into Q3 and I think will pick up there first points of the season. De la Rosa is a solid driver, and in his home race is very capable of putting in a good performance and sneaking a point or two.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Vettel missed out on pole to Webber, but Sauber confirmed there improved pace. Starting 10th and 12th both have a chance of some points:hope

Sport Motorsport
Event Spanish Grand Prix
Selection Fernando Alonso to finish on the podium
Strength 10/10
Date 09/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning Like this price on a podium for Alonso. Doubt he'll have the pace to get close to the Red Bull's, but starting 4th to looks to have a fight with the McLarens for a podium. They all have an F-duct, but Alonso have been the fastest on the straights so should be able to create some chances to overtake. Red Bull reliability isn't great, so maybe an extra chance for a posium. Racing at home expect him to be aggresive, and I'll take him for a podium.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship 3pts, A.Sutil to finish in points, 1.74 on Betfair Sutil has been racing well this season, and has only qualified one place off the points, and has Kobayshi just in front of him, who has been erratic and in an unrealiable Sauber. With the possiblity of retirments ahead confident Sutil can sneak in the top 10. 2pts, Safety car during race, No, 5/6 Bet365 The track at Barcelona has big run offs, and indeed usually produces a processional race, so am confident there will not be many incidents blocking the track. The slight chance of showers should not affect this equation- as long as an incident does not block the track then the race will carry on. As always, the only major risk to this is at the start! 3pts, Match bet, H.Kovalinen to beat J.Trulli, 5/6, Bet365 Kovalinen has consistenly outraced Trulli this season, and as remarked upon by BBC commentator Martin Brundle, looks more 'up for it' in trying to wring good performances out of the Lotus. Trulli has a reputation as a better qualifier than racer, and being just one tenth behind in qualifying, I'm good for punting on the Finn here And heres hoping for an exciting race, even though it is Barcelona ;)

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Any of you guys followed my tip on Webber for the WDC in one of my last posts ; ) ? He was available for 26, and is now trading for 9! It's amazing how he is underestimated by the market. He does well at Monaco, so maybe this weekend the Vettel hype can provide us once again with nice odds for Mark.

3pts' date= A.Sutil to finish in points, 1.74 on Betfair Sutil has been racing well this season, and has only qualified one place off the points, and has Kobayshi just in front of him, who has been erratic and in an unrealiable Sauber. With the possiblity of retirments ahead confident Sutil can sneak in the top 10. 2pts, Safety car during race, No, 5/6 Bet365 The track at Barcelona has big run offs, and indeed usually produces a processional race, so am confident there will not be many incidents blocking the track. The slight chance of showers should not affect this equation- as long as an incident does not block the track then the race will carry on. As always, the only major risk to this is at the start! 3pts, Match bet, H.Kovalinen to beat J.Trulli, 5/6, Bet365 Kovalinen has consistenly outraced Trulli this season, and as remarked upon by BBC commentator Martin Brundle, looks more 'up for it' in trying to wring good performances out of the Lotus. Trulli has a reputation as a better qualifier than racer, and being just one tenth behind in qualifying, I'm good for punting on the Finn here And heres hoping for an exciting race, even though it is Barcelona ;)
Nice work Ben... 0.89pt profit with 2 from 3? Still profit is profit!! Nice start :clap Nice work on Webber, F1.... Even if he doesn't win you can trade. :clap

Nice work Ben... 0.89pt profit with 2 from 3? Still profit is profit!! Nice start :clap
Ha, yeah, thanks, I'll settle for that! Lets see if I can make it even better - or worse more likely!- with a couple of bets on tomorrows qualifying session.. 2pts, M.Schumacher to qualify ahead of N.Rosberg, Evens, Bet365 Rosberg destroyed Schumacher in the first few races, but a shorter wheelbase version of the Mercedes car left Schumacher happier, and ahead, in Barcelona. In Thursday's practice session they split the honours (and remember Rosberg usually flies in free practice), and with Schumacher being the outsider (Rosberg is 8/11) i'll take it! 2pts, P.De la Rosa to qualify ahead of K.Kobayashi, Evens, SkyBet None of the Sauber pair have established dominance over their teammate in qualifying this season, and given this is such a hard circuit for a newcomer, with hitting traffic or making even a small mistake potentially messing up their session (and Kobayshi has been spotted with the front wing hanging off this weekend already!) it could just give De La Rosa the edge. 1pt, A Sutil to finish in qualifying top 10, Lay at evens, Betfair While it may seem stupid to lay Sutil for the top 10 when he has been performing so well all season (and in the top 10 in both practices, although these can be an unreliable guide), I have a sneaking feeling he might not make it- on slow tracks the Force India was poor last year, and while the team say they are confident this will not be the case this year it will only take a small performance shortfall for Sutil to miss the top 10- if the 8 drivers from the 'Big 4' teams and Robert Kubica beat him, it will only take one other to sneak ahead and he is out. But certainly not betting the farm on this one!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Okay, one point up after todays qualifying, lets see what escapades I will get involved in tomorrow... 3pts, R.Barrichello to finish in the points, 1.74, Betfair Rubens is 9th on the grid, and in a potentially attritional and gruelling race, with mistakes being punished so easily, I like the look of going with an expereinced driver in not to shabby a car (his team matye Hulkenburg was eleventh) 2pts, A.Sutil to finish in the points, 1.96, Betfair Ha, so am I now going crazy- 24 hours ago I was saying the Force India was bad on slow tracks, and now am backing Sutil to finish in the points?! Well, my reasoning here is Monaco is usually a race of attrition, Sutil has raced well this season and has two drivers who are under pressure to put in good performances and may make mistakes (Hulkenberg and Liuzzi) ahead of him 3pts, Match Bet, H.Kovalinien to beat J.Trulli, 4/5, SkyBet For much the same reasons as I gave for Barcelona, Kovalinen as looked much more up for hustling the Lotus round near the back...additionally he is ahead on the grid and been driving like a demon this weekend, these odds look very fair to me 0.5pt, Driver Special, F.Alonso to make first pit stop, 6/1, Bet365 Would normally never bet on something like this, but was prompted by something I read on James Allen's blog, where he thought Alonso would have a very hard time making it through the field like Schumacher did in 2006, as there are more cars to get stuck behind and no fuel stops. However, there is one thing he can still do if he becomes stuck in a train of cars early on- pit for tyres early and maybe come out in clear air. Bear in mind this is totally screwed if someone- who is not Alonso-knocks off a front wing and comes in at the end of lap one, so no big bucks on this but worth a punt I feel at this price. And while we're on the subject of taking a bit of a flier on one.... 1pt, Will there be a Safety Car, No, 4.7, Betfair This may seem mad, as Monaco circuit is impossibly tight (Nelson Piquet once remarked you would have to ride a unicycle round your living room to get an idea of what it was like go round in at high speed!) which therotically creates lots of chances for track blockages, and of course the inevitable safety car. But this discounts one thing, the effiency (and bravery) of the Moncasque marshals. Witness today, when Petrov blocked most of the track at St Devote, the car was craned off almost immediately, with minimal disruption to on track action. There are also adequate run offs at two of the corners where people seem to crash into each other a lot, St Devote and the chicane. Again a bit of a flier, but these might be some of the biggest odds on the rather attractive Mercedes Safety Car not appearing in a race all season! Lets hope Monaco is kind to the gamblers then.. ;) Hope its a good race, enjoy!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship And one more I've noticed.. 1pt, J.Alguseri to be classified, Lay, 1.59 Betfair I have been warming to Alguersi all season and think he will turn out an excellent driver. However he is still erratic- had a bit of a bumbling collision in the last race, and has looked uncomfortable at Monaco, with his car skitting around all weekend. It is his first race at Monaco, which will punish mistakes, he is stuck right in the pack, and he has a Ferrari powerpack which has gone bang more tha once this season..not a very high liablity bet this one, so will go for it!

Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Rubens Barrichello to finish in the points
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Ladbrokes seem to be having a stand on a few guys in this race, and I'll fight them. Barrichello has looked in decent shape all weekend, and the Williams is looking strong. He starts 9th and should have a reasonable position if he gets away OK, just behind all the real quick guys. I'm not sure about the strategy, on that side he could be vunerable. But I didn't see him in qualifying, and maybe he isn't on the softs. But I think he can have a good race, and this is a price worth taking for a top 10.
Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Vitantonio Liuzzi to finish in the points
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Liuzzi did an excellent job in qualifying. First of all beating team mate Sutil who is generally quicker and getting in the top 10. Great job and he now has to turn that into points. Needs a decent start and to stick with Barrichello. Similar to Barrichello he may be vunerable on strategy if he needs to pit early, but it could come back to these guys later in the race and I'll take a chance on it working OK. Stand out price worth taking.
Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Nico Hulkenberg to finish in the points
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning Hulkenberg is a guy that I like and can do a good job here. He's in a Williams that is going fairly well and he should have reasonable. Starting 12th he's in a great position to go for the longer 1st stint which could be a strategy advantage. I'm not sure how these strategis will work out - remember 1st race of season everyone talking about guys starting 11th,12th having big advantage and it didn't happen at all - but if it is an advantage this price will look huge. Worth taking as he starts 1 place back from Sutil who is best priced 1.96 for points.

Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Robert Kubica to finish on the podium
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.68 (Back)
Reasoning Kubica has real pace here and a great chance to get a podium. He's matched the Red Bulls in qualifying and we all know how quick they are in qualifying. I think he'll have really strong pace in the race too. Not sure if he can get the win, but he's capable of a big strong and barring problems a great chance of a podium.

port Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Winning margin under 6.5 seconds
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Fancy a close finish in this one. I think we'll see both Red Bulls and Kubica have similar pace during the race and nobody really breaking away. Also thinking of strategy, the leaders will probably be doing a very long stint on the hard tyres so if a guy has a decent lead plenty of backing of in the final stages. The guy in second will probably be less likely to back off with the pack chasing. Looking at the past few years at Monaco the gaps have been 7.6, 3.0 and 4.0 so closeish finishes. Also always the chance of finishing behind the safety car here!

Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Lay Alonso to finish in the points (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Don't like Alonso to finish in the points. Starting from the pit lane, by the end of sector 1 of lap 1 he'll probably be 20 seconds behind the points positions! It's a long way back, even for Alonso. He should get past the new teams within a few laps, but even that will be a problem in Monaco. A few lasp behind them and he is so far behind. Then look at guys like Alguersauahi who is tough to pass, Kobayashi who could be a nightmare same as Petrov who is fiesty. He has to do a lot of over taking and it just takes 1 mistake from him or one of these guys and he's in the wall. Ferrari will probably do something different will the strategy, but whatever way they go he will have to do a lot of over taking. I can't believe some bookies are getting action as low as 2.00, I'd have this over 3.00.

Sport Motorsport
Event Monaco Grand Prix
Selection Lay Alonso to finish in the points (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Don't like Alonso to finish in the points. Starting from the pit lane' date=' by the end of sector 1 of lap 1 he'll probably be 20 seconds behind the points positions! It's a long way back, even for Alonso. He should get past the new teams within a few laps, but even that will be a problem in Monaco. A few lasp behind them and he is so far behind. Then look at guys like Alguersauahi who is tough to pass, Kobayashi who could be a nightmare same as Petrov who is fiesty. He has to do a lot of over taking and it just takes 1 mistake from him or one of these guys and he's in the wall. Ferrari will probably do something different will the strategy, but whatever way they go he will have to do a lot of over taking. I can't believe some bookies are getting action as low as 2.00, I'd have this over 3.00.
Totally agree with this bet, and Ill be laying Alonso 4pts GL all :hope

Another great start for me don't know why I bother with F1:lol:wall
UGh I know the feeling, I layed alonso another 6pts and now am kicking myself for doing so, Ill just stick to qualifying bets from now onwards...

Well it's not over' date=' could crash at any minute! And by the end he'll have been on those tyres for a long long time which might be a problem.[/quote'] fingers crossed he crashes or has to make another pit stop :hope Lewis having break problems aint helping the situation... Only an Alonso crash will save that bet for me..

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Hmm, didn't do to well in the Monaco race! :( Not really going to have time this weekend to follow much more of the action from the Turkey sadly, but have spotted a couple of live bets for qualifying, which is just starting: 2pts A.Sutil to make Qualfying 3, Betfair, 2.2 Sutil has been hovering around the top 10 in the practice sessions, despite a crash yesterday, has been making the final session a lot of times this year, and I think he can today! The Williams seem to be not going well, the Saubers are but still think Sutil can beat them, and then it could come down to him beating Petrov in the Renault to go through to the top 10, all assuming the 'big 8' are ahead. 1pt, M.Webber to take Pole Position, Betfair, 3.2 Vettel was fastest this morn yes, but given Webbers confidence in the last couple of races, and the fact the Red Bull still seems fastest, will take him here at this price!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Anyone? I notice since qualifying* his price has dropped to 4/5. * I know so little about F1 I actually thought the bet was won when I saw he came 1st. LOL. I was swiftly corrected by a friend of mine!