** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Formula One World Championship

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship What a weekend in prospect. I agree Hamilton could be a contender for pole and the Ferrari looked solid in final practice so laying vettel at 1.96 on betfair. Also going for Schumacher to make the too 10 at 1.62 he has been much improved in qualie recently and is low as 1.3 elsewhere for this. Also trying to get a lay on barrichello matched at under 2 to make the top 10 he has been complaining about the car and has not made this position in practice.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Close with Hamilton in qualifying, but at least Webber struggled. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Lay Kubica to finish in the top 6 (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.01 Reasoning Tough qualifying for Kubica starting in 11th and it'll be a struggle to get into the top 6. Last few races he hasn't seemed in top form and ending the season with a bit of a whimper. Top guys fill the top spots and without several mechanical problems Kubica will struggle to get involved. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Lay Webber to finish on the podium (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.53 Reasoning Again going against Webber, really don't see this weekend working for him. Starting 5th after a poor qualifying, where team mate Vettel got the pole. Pressure is on him now to do something major in the race and he could get desperate or try a risky strategy. McLaren look on the pace with both cars and Massa looks better than he has lately, so a lot of guys going for the top spots. Will be a real struggle for Webber to get into the top 3. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Vettel to win the race Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 Reasoning Like the price on Vettel for the win. He's really getting the job done lately, and although I don't think he'll get the title, he's laying down a marker for last season. Hamilton was very close in qualifying, but Red Bull only did one run which they have commented afterwards was probably a mistake. So I think the 'real' pace difference between Vettel and Hamilton in qualifying was a bit greater, and the closeness is influencing the price. I think Vettel will get away in the lead and dominate this race, and getting evens is solid. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Lay Hulkenberg to finish in the points (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 2.53 Reasoning After heroics in qualifying in Brazil, Hulk was brought back down and really struggled here with 15th. Car didn't look very good, and the other Williams got better as the sessions went on with Barrichello ending up 7th. I think this'll be a tough race for Hulkenberg, just looking ahead of him think it'll be tough for him to make any progress. Big ask to get into the points from where he is. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Kobayashi to finish in the points Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.10 Reasoning I like Kobayashi, and getting odds against for him to finish in the points looks good. He's really come into his own in the 2nd half of the year when the Sauber improved and he's had some great drives. What I really like is his ability to drive a strategy. He'll probably go long from the start, pitting later than almost everybody. He drives hard, can overtake and does a good job protecting his tyres. No surprise if he ends up beating the Renaults and possibly one of the Mercedes aswell if he can keep out of trouble. Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Rosberg to finish in the top 6 Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.75 Reasoning Taking a shot on Rosberg getting into the top 6 from 9th on the grid. The guys in the back end of the top 10 always worried about those on the harder tyre from outside the top 10, you need pace to avoid being passed. Rosberg I feel can come through, and has the pace to mix it with the big guns. I think he's been driving great lately, and has done most of the season. Mercedes looks better here, and ending the season pretty well. They looked quick in qualifying but struggled in Q3 to get heat into the tyres, a problem they have had all season. Come the race expect pace to improve, and Rosberg can finish the season strongly.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Wow what a race in prospect,well excited! Going with you cramer on the rosberg and kobayahi bets they look spot on. Also going with.... Lewis Hamilton to lead the first lap, 5.8 , betfair. I like the look of this one, I have read that the dirty side of the grid is not much of a disadvantage on this track, and vettel has been sometimes tardy off the startline this year,though vettel could give him the chop...but it is not that which so much interests me as the two long straights which follow.lewis had a good 3-4pm/h advantage down the straight in qualie, and I heard some fiery comments from him on 5 live thta he had been far too timid on the first lap in the previous races, and he will act differently now he has nothing to lose. And vettel does...so what price an attempt to take the lead....well, less than 5.8 I think! The next bet is laying alonso for 3pts at 1.6 to make the podium. In a normal race I wouldn't but alonso is the master of doing just enough,and if webber does not make the front then he only needs 4th,and with 4 other fast guys I could imagine him letting one go at some stage,say if webber tries a 50/50 move on him. And of course he has an engine with a lot of miles on it apprantly and it has blown twice this year so this must be factorednin as well. For this reason I going with 2pts each on betfair on some match bets: Hamilton to beat alonso at 1.7, and webber to beat alonso at 2.46. My next bets are about the racefor points. Firstly I will be laying petrov at 2 for 2pts worth on betfair. He had a good qualie but his points scoring record has been terrible this year,and as the pressure mounts fir his drive he has been making increasing amounts of mistakes,and he will be in a tight situation today with fast guys like the mercs and his teammate around him. Also, he has only started in the top 10 three times this season and will be relatively unused to running a race starting on soft tyres compared to the drivers around him. Another lay is sutil at 2.32, 2pts , betfair. The force India seems to have run out of steam, is the departure of their technical director earlier on the year unsettled things? Whatever, even if sutil moves up he has good drivers, especially hulkenburg , who could displace him from the top 10. I will also have a 1pt bet on alguseri to make the points at 8 on betfair. He is driving well, and consistenly moving up through the field with passing and good race pace. He has placed 11th in the last 3 races , and had a 12th the race before that. The toe rosso also showed good speed at abu dhabi last year. While they are not as strong this year, and it might prove beyond jaime I think his good driving recently is worth a small back at the long odds.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship For those reasons am also going for alguseri to win the 'gain the most positions market' on 888sport. With the impiroving reliablitu of the new teams it's no longer a certainty a limping hrt will win this Market. So I'll have 1 pt on jaime at 13. The improving reliablitu of the new teams also leads me to take the 'over 20 cars to finsh' Market on paddy power. Amazingly 22 finished a hard circuit in brazil last time out, and the new teams haven't had both cars not finish a race for a few races now as I can see.2pts on this at 5/4. My final bets are a couple of match bets on 888sport. The first I'd hulkenburg to beat sutil at 5/6, for the reasons mentioned in my last post. The second is rosberg to beat Schumacher at 5/6. He has been so much better than Schulz in the races this year and last time in brazil beat him from behind on the grid luke he has too today. Hope it is a fantastic race and end to a season I have throughly enjoyed. Banning refuelling has been the best thing ever!! Enjoy!