** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Formula One World Championship

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship It looks a decent price now that he's qualified on pole. The Red Bulls are faster than anyone at the minute, and I can only see Hamilton overtaking if he makes a mistake. 4/5 still doesn't look a bad price to me.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Turkish Grand Prix Finishers Over/Under 18.5 Pick: Under @ 1.70 Bookmaker: Interwetten Everyone talks that that is similar truck to Barcelona. 2 long straights and wide banks helps back to the truck after mistake on bend. But training and q shows that many drivers had problem, especially on one long left turn. The surface on other turn (I don't remember number) isn't flat, if someone deflect from perfect lines has really big problem. Tyres really use fast here. And some drivers had problems with cars during the weekend (Kovalainen, Sutill, Webber). I think more than 6 cars will not reach a finish. Jenson Button v Michael Schumacher 1 @ 1.60 Bookmaker: Interwetten In Tourkey should counts only the Red Bulls cars and McLaren with F-Duct system which helps them on long straights. Trainings and Q only confirmed that. I think that Hamilton will have problems with tyres, but Jason is known as a driver who can safe a tyres. I think easilly beat Micheale tomorrow. Fernando Alonso v Felipe Massa 2 @ 1.90 Bookmaker: Interwetten Really nice odd for this duel. Alonso start from 12 position, Massa from 8. I think it will be enough in Turkey. Probbly Massa after start again will be faster than Kubica, but during the race even if Alonso will be very fast probably can't overtake Robert. Both Ferrarie drivers is out of form last time, but 1.90 is really temptating here.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship A few race match bets for today's race: - KUBICA Vs. Petrov @ 1.28 (Bet365) This isn't much of a price but I am very confident in this. Kubica is much more experienced and is the clear number 1 at Renault. He has outqualified Petrov 7-0, has been quicker than him in 19 out of the 21 practice runs and more importantly has beaten him in all 6 races so far. Petrov is prone to making mistakes and has only completed 3 races so far. Kubica has been in the points the last 5 races, finishing just outside in the first race. For this race Kubica has qualified 7th, Petrov 9th. I can see Petrov getting himself into trouble on the 1st lap as this is the highest he has qualified so being around the big boys, I believe he will lose a couple of places and will struggle to finish in the points. Kubica has been very consistent and as long as he has a clear path round and doesn't crash, he should beat his partner pretty easily. - ALGUERSUARI Vs. Buemi @ 2.37 (Bet365) Buemi has outqualified Alguersuari 6-1 however he has failed to finish in 3 out of the 6 races so far. Alguersuari has really impressed me this year, showing very good driving and overtaking skills. He has finished every race and beat his partner in the first 5 races. The last race in Monaco is the only one that Buemi has beaten him (10th Vs. 11th). Buemi has qualified 14th, Alguersuari 16th so if he gets a good start I believe he's got a good chance. At the prices, Alguersuari is definitely great value (Buemi @ 1.53). - ROSBERG Vs. Schumacher @ 2.25 (Bet365) I think Michael made a big mistake coming back. He has been outshone by his younger compatriot so far, being outqualified 5-2 and losing 5-1 in race matches. Rosberg has 4 top 5 finishes compared to Schumacher's 1. Schumi qualified 5th, Rosberg 6th for this race. Niko is clearly great value and can see him nicking ahead on the first lap and pulling away from Michael. Good luck to everyone :nana

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship I'm on Vettel at 6.2 (Betfair). Seb and Web are really at two differing ends of the scales right now. They say class is permanent and form is temporarily. Right now Seb is a classy driver in deceptively bad form. Webber on the other hand is in red hot form, but simply doesn't have the same class as Vettel. There's something about Mark Webber, some say it's just bad luck, but when things are looking up for him, he has a knack of not having it unfold the way he wants. Right now things are looking as up as they've ever been for him, and somehow, I think he'll find a way to lose this race. If he does, I give advantage to Vettel, who has been faster than Webber all weekend anyway (he had problem in Q3 which prevented him from taking pole).

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship

A few race match bets for today's race: - KUBICA Vs. Petrov @ 1.28 (Bet365) This isn't much of a price but I am very confident in this. Kubica is much more experienced and is the clear number 1 at Renault. He has outqualified Petrov 7-0, has been quicker than him in 19 out of the 21 practice runs and more importantly has beaten him in all 6 races so far. Petrov is prone to making mistakes and has only completed 3 races so far. Kubica has been in the points the last 5 races, finishing just outside in the first race. For this race Kubica has qualified 7th, Petrov 9th. I can see Petrov getting himself into trouble on the 1st lap as this is the highest he has qualified so being around the big boys, I believe he will lose a couple of places and will struggle to finish in the points. Kubica has been very consistent and as long as he has a clear path round and doesn't crash, he should beat his partner pretty easily. - ALGUERSUARI Vs. Buemi @ 2.37 (Bet365) Buemi has outqualified Alguersuari 6-1 however he has failed to finish in 3 out of the 6 races so far. Alguersuari has really impressed me this year, showing very good driving and overtaking skills. He has finished every race and beat his partner in the first 5 races. The last race in Monaco is the only one that Buemi has beaten him (10th Vs. 11th). Buemi has qualified 14th, Alguersuari 16th so if he gets a good start I believe he's got a good chance. At the prices, Alguersuari is definitely great value (Buemi @ 1.53). - ROSBERG Vs. Schumacher @ 2.25 (Bet365) I think Michael made a big mistake coming back. He has been outshone by his younger compatriot so far, being outqualified 5-2 and losing 5-1 in race matches. Rosberg has 4 top 5 finishes compared to Schumacher's 1. Schumi qualified 5th, Rosberg 6th for this race. Niko is clearly great value and can see him nicking ahead on the first lap and pulling away from Michael. Good luck to everyone :nana
:welcome to PL mate. Looking forward to see you here a lot.

Sport Motorsport
Event Turkish Grand Prix
Selection Lay Mark Webber to win (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.94 (Lay)
Reasoning My only play for this weekend is to go against Webber. He's going for 3 in a row but I get a feeling he won't get it. The McLaren is looking a lot better and Hamilton is poised for a big race. McLaren have the best F-duct system and that will give Hamilton a chance at the pass early on. Vettel is still in the race, he had a bit of a brake problem in Q3 which dropped him back. He'll be quick, and I can see this being a tight race between the 3. In F1 this season momentum has been shifting very quickly, and odds on I don't fancy Webber.

A few race match bets for today's race: - KUBICA Vs. Petrov @ 1.28 (Bet365) This isn't much of a price but I am very confident in this. Kubica is much more experienced and is the clear number 1 at Renault. He has outqualified Petrov 7-0, has been quicker than him in 19 out of the 21 practice runs and more importantly has beaten him in all 6 races so far. Petrov is prone to making mistakes and has only completed 3 races so far. Kubica has been in the points the last 5 races, finishing just outside in the first race. For this race Kubica has qualified 7th, Petrov 9th. I can see Petrov getting himself into trouble on the 1st lap as this is the highest he has qualified so being around the big boys, I believe he will lose a couple of places and will struggle to finish in the points. Kubica has been very consistent and as long as he has a clear path round and doesn't crash, he should beat his partner pretty easily. - ALGUERSUARI Vs. Buemi @ 2.37 (Bet365) Buemi has outqualified Alguersuari 6-1 however he has failed to finish in 3 out of the 6 races so far. Alguersuari has really impressed me this year, showing very good driving and overtaking skills. He has finished every race and beat his partner in the first 5 races. The last race in Monaco is the only one that Buemi has beaten him (10th Vs. 11th). Buemi has qualified 14th, Alguersuari 16th so if he gets a good start I believe he's got a good chance. At the prices, Alguersuari is definitely great value (Buemi @ 1.53). - ROSBERG Vs. Schumacher @ 2.25 (Bet365) I think Michael made a big mistake coming back. He has been outshone by his younger compatriot so far, being outqualified 5-2 and losing 5-1 in race matches. Rosberg has 4 top 5 finishes compared to Schumacher's 1. Schumi qualified 5th, Rosberg 6th for this race. Niko is clearly great value and can see him nicking ahead on the first lap and pulling away from Michael. Good luck to everyone :nana
You too. And :welcome to PL. Really agree with you on the Rosberg bet too. Superb price and I'll be following you on this one :ok

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship one more.... Button in top 3 @ 2.75 Betfair As I wrote, Webber had problem with bolid on practise seasions, and I don't trust Hamilton here. I think he use tyres too much and this truck won't forgive him that. Red Bulls and McLaren have a fastest truck in Turkey and I think Webber or Hamilton will have problems with finish a race, so I think Button has great chance to take a podium today.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship You should all be backing McLaren for the upcoming race in Canada. My pick is Button for the podium for 2.2 @ Betfair. Also available at Bwin for 2.1. McLaren have the advantage with the F-duct, that Red Bull are not bringing to Canada (so they say). The Mercedes engine is believed to have more power than the Renault. Canada is very hard on the brakes, so this could be a problem for the fragile Red Bull, especially Vettel's! Get this now, because McLaren will rock the practice sessions! Thank me later! :ok

You should all be backing McLaren for the upcoming race in Canada. My pick is Button for the podium for 2.2 @ Betfair. Also available at Bwin for 2.1. McLaren have the advantage with the F-duct, that Red Bull are not bringing to Canada (so they say). The Mercedes engine is believed to have more power than the Renault. Canada is very hard on the brakes, so this could be a problem for the fragile Red Bull, especially Vettel's! Get this now, because McLaren will rock the practice sessions! Thank me later! :ok
Looks tempting, thinking about following you on that one. McLaren at 2.48 to be the winning car and Hamilton 3.55 for pole i'll give a thought to as well... what do you think of Kubica's chances of a podium, he is going well at the minute.....and when hes not having massive crashes at this track he wins ;) Also just a thought, but there haven't been more than 14 finishers for the last few races at this track, and with as you say brakes being marginal (and heavy fuel loads not helping no doubt)...could this be the first race where a new team picks up a point? All their drivers are at 11 and over, but of course, which one, if any, to pick?!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship And what do you know, just reading over what I posted and my first bet hits me:eek 3pts, Total classified finishers under 15.5, Evens, Betfair For the reasons above basically, Canada is tradtionally a very tough track on engines and brakes, and starting on full tanks at a circuit punishing on brakes won't help either. And the track is hairy for the drivers as well, witness past first corner incidents and excursions into the 'wall of champions' at the final turn. Also 8/11 avaliable on Bet365 for finishers under 16.5 for a slightly more conservative choice..

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Agree with McLaren and Kubica, will be backing them in some respect. Kubica is excellent around this track, and Renault is improving all the time. I really think he could be up there, but struggle against McLaren during the race on the straights. So maybe his best chance is qualifying, might back him to win that.

Sport Motorsport
Event Canadian Grand Prix
Selection Robert Kubica to get pole position E/W (1/5, 1-3) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 12/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 26.00 (Back)
Reasoning Kubica seems worth a chance here. He's awesome round Canada, showing from his first time in 2006 to his maiden win. Renault are improving all the time, and have a very solid car. He was on the pace in Monaco, and said his next chance to win would be in Canada. I think McLaren will have an edge on him in the race with the F-duct, but his chance is to get ahead in qualifying. I'm not sure where the Red Bull will be, this could be 1 weekend of the season where they don't have the ultimate pace. Ferrari are normally good in Canada, but they seem to be struggling at the moment and it would be a surprise if Mercedes will set the pace. I think Kubica will have top 5 pace this weekend, and a good chance of getting in the top 3 in qualifying. If he can hook a lap up in Q3, chance to take the pole aswell.

Sport Motorsport
Selection Vitantonio Liuzzi to finish on the podium
Strength 2/10
Date 13/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 67.00 (Back)
Reasoning Stand out price from Blue Sq and is surely worth a chance. Liuzzi has had a really tough time this year, with a lot of rumors about him being replaced. They decided to put him in a new chassis for this weekend and clearly it's had a good effect. The Force India looks pretty solid here, and showing good pace on low downforce settings like they did in Spa last year. Liuzzi has stuck it in 6th place and from there on merit, surely 67.00 looks big for a top 3 finish. Canada normally has crashes, safety cars, brake problems and lots of attrition, plus this year tyre problems and threat of bad weather. Anything could happen, so seems worthwhile to take a risk.

Sport Motorsport
Selection Robert Kubica to win E/W (1/5, 1-3)
Strength 2/10
Date 13/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 51.00 (Back)
Reasoning Already mentioned how this could be a crazy race, and I think Kubica can get involved. Said before qualifying I thought he'd have top 5 pace, and he was 5th and 4th in Q1 and Q2. In Q3 he went for the harder tyre and dropped back. But that could be a big advantage for him in the race, if the softs go off as quickly as some are predicting, and his strategy can pay off.

Sport Motorsport
Selection Rubens Barrichello to finish in the top 6
Strength 5/10
Date 13/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 9.00 (Back)
Reasoning Again could be a wild race, and an old head could come through. The Williams looks reasonable on this track, but not great on outright pace. Barrichello in a good position starting 11th, crucially with the choice of tyres. With probable attrition ahead of him, I think he's got a decent chance of some solid points, and might just sneak into the top 6.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Kubica to finish on the podium @ 7 - pretty much all bookies The bookies heavily agree on this one, but I think they're all under-rating his chances here. There are several reasons why I think he might enjoy a top 3 finish. First of all - he qualified on the medium compound tires instead of the super soft, which means he, alongside the Red Bulls, will have a massive advantage over the competitors. We've already seen the amount of damage this track does to the super soft tires, and even Hamilton admitted that the three on the mediums had a significant advantage. He'll be able to stay out on the track way longer than the rest of them, which boosts his chances of being able to pit behind a likely safety car. Second of all, can the Red Bulls handle a full race on this tough circuit? They're known to be fragile, and this is the toughest race on the car all season. And thirdly, anything can happen in Canada. And a solid pick on Liuzzi there, Cramer, worth a shot I agree.

Sport Motorsport
Selection Heikki Kovalainen to finish in the points
Strength 2/10
Date 13/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 21.00 (Back)
Reasoning Going for one more, and another big risk, taking a stand out price and hoping for a crazy race. Kovalainen looked decent in qulifying, nearly beat Kobayashi and the car looked pretty well set up. He's starting 19th and definately looks to be the best of the new cars. Should be able to race with the Saubers during the race, need some attrition and hopefully things will fall his way. It would be huge if Lotus could grab a point here, and be the first of the new teams to do it. So maybe they will be more adventurous with the strategy to give themselves a chance near the end. Most bookmakers go around 10.00 - 13.00 for this and I think that is closer to the mark.

Sport Motorsport
Selection Heikki Kovalainen to finish in the points
Strength 2/10
Date 13/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 21.00 (Back)
Reasoning Going for one more' date=' and another big risk, taking a stand out price and hoping for a crazy race. Kovalainen looked decent in qulifying, nearly beat Kobayashi and the car looked pretty well set up. He's starting 19th and definately looks to be the best of the new cars. Should be able to race with the Saubers during the race, need some attrition and hopefully things will fall his way. It would be huge if Lotus could grab a point here, and be the first of the new teams to do it. So maybe they will be more adventurous with the strategy to give themselves a chance near the end. Most bookmakers go around 10.00 - 13.00 for this and I think that is closer to the mark.
Im with your thinking on that, great odds as well im only on at 17 on Betfair! Really think he might have a chance to do it here...am on the Kubica podium at 7 as everyone here as said...it is always such an unpredictable race in Canada I would be tempted to bet on nearly everything but have resticted myself to these additional few...;) 1pt, J.Button to win, 17.5, Betfair 2pts, J.Button to finish on podium, 3.1, Betfair The talk on the blogs is that the track is graining the tyres exceptionally fast, and the thinking is, unusually, many may be two stopping. Even though he starts fifth, Button is legendary for nursing his tyres so id wanna be in his corner if they are disintegrating! 1pt each, R.Kubica and J.Button -30sec, Bet365, 3/1 I think these two will both have very good races (Kubica is strating on the hard tyres which may be a good move rmember) and with lots of safety cars, it will hopefully easily help them to be close to the leader at the end. Thats it for now, though toying with punts on Barrichello and Alguseri to finish in the points - will probs watch the build up for any last min info and decide (or maybe i stand to lose too much money already?!) Really looking forward to it anyway, Canada is nearly always a cracker...enjoy!! :)

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Vitaly Petrov To Be Classified No 2.72 B&W I think it is too tought and unpredictable race for young and unexperienced driver. He has fast car but dissapointed in Q. And think that poor starting position push him to go faster than he can on this truck. Shummacher and 2 WIlliams ahead can provoke many danger duels, and all the time Vitali will have to look at back mirrors and defend against 2 torro rosso cars. And we saw few times that Petrov is brave and quarrelsome, but still not experienced. Everybody expect than little more than half of driver finish a race, espiecially cars from middle of the group will have problems on narrow turns. I think 2.72 it's really great here.

Attrition before the start' date=' Webber down to 7th due to geabox change. Liuzzi up to 5th:hope[/quote'] Good thing for Jenson as well! If the top 3 had a first corner collision we would both be sitting mighty pretty eh?! Sorely tempted to follow you with a small stake on Liuzzi...