** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Formula One World Championship

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship

McLaren 1-2 : ) I hope you guys capitalized on my tip for McLaren! :clap
Hamilton was very impressive warding off Button's late charge at the end of that race even on worn tyres, blew my thoery he would destroy them and Button would win! One to remeber for later in the season...two small bets on this qualifying session: To Qualify in top 10, Back R.Barrichello 1.92, Lay V.Liuzzi, 2.26, both 1pt, Betfair Barrichello has been going well in practice, and was brilliant at this track in last years race, and has been hovering around the top 10 in the williams recently. Liuzzi just seems to be a step behind his teamate this weekend, and the slow speed track probaly isn't the best for the Force India. Now whats the betting Liuzzi makes the top 10 and Barrichello dosen't eh?! :\ F.Alonso to take Pole Position, 4.6, Betfair, 1pt Ferrari have got a new diffuser this weekend which should get them closer to the Red Bulls, and they've shown intermittent flashes of speed in practice (Alonso was fastest in one session). Certanly if the improvements do work he'il be a bit shorter for pole next time!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Pedro de la Rosa vs Kamui Kobayashi Kobayashi @ 2.20 - bet365 A friend tipped me of this, so credit to him. Kobayashi starts in 18th; two spots behind his teammate, and this is most likely the reason for the odds - what with Valencia being an extremely dificult track to overtake on. However, seeing as these two have only finished a couple of races each, this will probably end in a "last man standing" battle. And, on first thought, you'd say Kobayashi is dangerous for the bet, what with his Takuma Sato-inspired bonzai approach at times, and it's not a coincidence that he's gone off in the first lap three times this year. Still, H2H it's 4-4 so far this year between the two, and should we see a massive pile-up in turn 2 like we saw in the GP2 race, chances are they both may go off, in which case we get our money back. If they survive the first lap, I suspect it all to be dependant on who's car lasts the longest/who's doesn't break down, and seeing as they're both in the same car, it's pretty much a toss-up, really. Should be some value in these odds, then :hope

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Aren't tempted by much, could be a processional race today.... Group Betting, R.Kubica to win Group One (R.Kubica, J.Button, F.Massa), 5/2, Bet365 Kubica has pulled the same trick as Canada in qualifying with the hard tyres, which should give him more strategic options. He has been driving very well, and is just ahead of Button and behind Massa, the men he has to beat, so will take these odds. Lay T.Glock to be classified, 2.2, Betfair Poor Glock has only been classified in two of the eight races this year, with the Virgins suffering from a variety of ailements (and Glock suffering more often than team mate Lucas di Grassi). Considering this, 2.2 is a nice short price to lay.... enjoy the race! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Felipe Massa v Robert Kubica Robert Kubica @ 1.95 - SportingBet First things first; Robert Kubica starts as number 6 on the grid, Massa as number 7. Personally, I rate Robert Kubica as the best racer in Formula 1, sadly in a slower car than his competitors. He's rock solid and rarely makes mistakes, is near impossible to pass and he actually kind of reminds me of Schumacher in his prime, though, of course, at a lower level. Massa, sadly, seems to have lost all his confidence. Recently he's been mostly seen in the middle of the pack with no traffic just cruising around, and if I'm honest, he just doesn't seem motivated to me. Doesn't seem to enjoy life in the shadow of Fernando. Now, stats. Kubica's finishes so far, Q3 result in brackets; Bahrain: 11 (9) Australia: 2 (9) Malaysia: 4 (6) China: 5 (8) Spain: 8 (7) Monaco: 3 (2) Turkey: 6 (7) Canada: 7 (8) Valencia: 5 (6) So, he's held his Q3 position or better in 6/9 races, and that lost place after quallifying as number 2 in Monaco is not a bad showing. As for Massa; Bahrain: 2 (2) Australia: 3 (5) Malaysia: 7 (21) China: 9 (7) Spain: 6 (9) Monaco: 4 (4) Turkey: 7 (8) Canada: 15 (7) Valencia: 11 (5) Finished better than his Q3 in 4/9 races. Kubica has started ahead of Massa 4 times, and beaten him in three of those occasions. Kubica was one place behind Massa in China, Canada and Valencia, but beat him all three times. I think Massa is wrongly favourited by Sportingbet here - Kubica should win this imo.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Pedro de la Rosa v Kamui Kobayashi Kamui Kobayashi @ 2.38 - Pinnacle The Saubers have massive issues with at all finishing races, and the two have only finished 3 races each so far. Thus, this can easily be a battle of "who's car will last the longest" and, as their both drive the same car, this should be a 50/50 match up in this respect. Now, on to the races they've actually finished. Kobayashi has done well when finishing, 10th from position 12 in Spain, 10th from position 10 in Turkey, and recently a had a great race in Valencia, finishing 7th from position 18. De la Rossa hasn't been as impressive. 12th from position 14 in Australia doesn't sound too bad, but it isn't as impressive considering only 14 drivers finished. In Turkey he started 11th and ended 13th, and in Valencia he started 16th and ended 12th. There have been two races they've both finished, Turkey and Valencia. Kobayashi started one place ahead of de la Rossa in Turkey, and held his spot while his Italian teammate fell down a couple of places. In Valencia, Kobayashi started two places behind, but still went on to beat him in 7th place, Rossa in 12th. All in all I rate Kobayashi as a better driver, and when you add to the mix the high chance of technical failures in the Saubers, this one is pretty close to 50/50 imo.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship How many cars will fail to finish a lap? None @ 1.85 - Bwin So far, there have been crashes in the first round in four of the nine races so far this season, in Australia, China, Spain and Monaco. Australia was extremely wet and chaotic, and it had to happen, really. China was slightly wet and in Monaco Hulkenberg crashed in the tunnel due to a bad front-wing mount. So that makes 2/7 under dry conditions. Since its rebuilding in 2000, Silverstone has had first-round crashes in three races - '08, '06 and '01. '08 was a wet race, so that's 2/9 races. Worth noting is that we now have more cars on the circuit, but my above stat proved that that doesn't have to mean all too much - they survived in Monacco, right? The first corner comes quickly at Silverstone, thus giving us lower speeds coming in and thus less chance of a crash. Furthermore, I doubt the drivers will be too keen on attacking the first corner as they know it won't be a huge opportunity to pass. As for the weather - expecting some sprinkles early in the morning (talking max. 0.4mm from 6AM - noon), but this should dry up quickly on the hot track, with the slight wind and the air temperature.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship 2/3 for me :) No crashes in the start and Kobayashi has a great race and was ahead of de la Rossa throughout. Could easily have been 3/3, as Kubica was in third and comfortably ahead of Massa when he got technical issues and had to retire. A bit gutted by that to be honest, but I'm still well in profit so it's all good :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship German GP: Winner Lewis Hamilton @ 5/1 - sbobet McLaren are expected to appear with a blown difuser this week-end, and this should definately be a boost for the english team, especially on a circuit that fits them perfectly. The long straight is perfect for their car, and the few high speed corners (two) cuts off some of the edge Red Bull have been having. Hamilton is in great form, top two in the last four races (1-1-2-2), and having won here last time (2008), I can definately see him winning this one. There is a chance of rain, and this hardly weakens his chances. Jumping in early as I expect the price to fall after the practice sessions.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship That could be a very good bet, particularly with McLaren having pole the last two races here. I notice that Bridgestone are bringing the two most extreme tyres to this race though. Tyre choice could be a big factor and so if he has a poorish performance somewhere along the line I could well look for Jenson, who is one of the best when it comes to choosing and managing his tyres. Anyway, two initial bets for practice, where you may have to look past a wee bit of craziness on my part: Adrian Sutil to win practice 1 @ 34 Centrebet There are heavy showers forecast and if they hit at the right time this could suit Sutil. In the past this man has been very prominent in rain affected practice sessions and the fact that this is home race could give him that vital bit of motivation to go out there and have a small bit of glory at his home GP. Timo Glock to win practice 1 @ 1001 Centrebet Ok... bear with me here. I don't quite remember what race it was, but there was a severely weather affected practice session a few years ago. So bad was it that nobody bothered to even go out in the rain... except the worst team on the grid. I can't remember if it was Minardi or Force India, but whoever it was went on to claim practice honours. If the predicted thunder storms hit at the right time today, then a similar situation could repeat itself. With Glock being the only German driver from the really crap teams, he would have the biggest incentive to go out and take this very small honour.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Yes, I was looking at Jenson, but the odds on him don't appeal too much honestly (around 12 last I checked). Hopefully he has a crap qualifying and we get decent odds on him for a top3 finish. He's a master at sneaking up the ladder in dificult conditions. Your practice bets seem sound, good luck with them! Will be interesting to see how the odds shift after P1, might well find value in other drivers then :)

That could be a very good bet' date=' particularly with McLaren having pole the last two races here. I notice that Bridgestone are bringing the two most extreme tyres to this race though. Tyre choice could be a big factor and so if he has a poorish performance somewhere along the line I could well look for Jenson, who is one of the best when it comes to choosing and managing his tyres. [/quote'] The choice of tyres could well benefit Ferrari, who have performed a lot better when the super-softs are available.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Fantastic pick on Sutil mate :clap Never bet on practice rounds before - might well have to try it out next time 'round. ;) Hamilton spins off and damages his car quite a bit, but Button shows that the car has pace, which is good for my bet, I think. Massa a good number two, imo Alonso may well be a nice bet to win the race. Will have to see how the odds are as bookies "step forward" after P1 :)

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Cheers mate. Practice is often a lottery, but there are certain situations in which you can de-construct the chaos into something profitable. Last year Rosberg topped a practice session at least once a weekend for something like 8-9 rounds. (At odds of always 6 or better) Also, with the point you make about the tyres, I'm thinking that Quali might offer something too. I imagine that super softs will be used for quali, and if Ferrari's performance on these tyres is significant it could likely prove dividends in quali.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship From Anthony Davidson's twitter: "Just started raining again here at Hockenheim. Think the hope of any more dry lines today have now vanished. Full wets are well used too.. " We can await yet another very wet practice session then, it seems. Hamilton most definately will stay in the garage, and I can imagine several teams not bothering going out, seeing as they may well have to use full wets during practice, quali and race. The Virgin's have done well, espcecially Glock as you mentioned, who did better than expected. May be worth a shot for P2, if there will be any odds available (?)

From Anthony Davidson's twitter: "Just started raining again here at Hockenheim. Think the hope of any more dry lines today have now vanished. Full wets are well used too.. " We can await yet another very wet practice session then, it seems. Hamilton most definately will stay in the garage, and I can imagine several teams not bothering going out, seeing as they may well have to use full wets during practice, quali and race. The Virgin's have done well, espcecially Glock as you mentioned, who did better than expected. May be worth a shot for P2, if there will be any odds available (?)
Bet365 obligating Timo Glock to win Practice 2 @ 501 (E/W 1/5 1-2-3) Think I've already covered this one off. Have gone E/W as the odds are still big for a placing and it's possible he might go close to the top without quite doing it. Nico Hulkenberg to win Practice 2 @ 151 (E/W 1/5 1-2-3) Hulkenberg was up the top of the practice time sheets early on before the bigger hitters came out to play. He's a German so the home race pride factor still very much in play. It's also possible that the big championship contenders stay inside whilst the middle to lower teams do come out. If it's a battle between those teams Hulkenberg would definitely be up there.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Nice one on Hulkenberg, down to 50/1 already :O Williams are flying atm, and their form-curve is pointing to the sky. Have an aero-upgrade ahead of this race iirc. However, what with the massive shift in odds, I'll have to go for his team-mate, mr. Barrichello. One of the most experienced drivers on the track, and is by far the better driver between the two, imo. Williams will want to get in all the testing they can with their new upgrades that seem to come every week. In P1 he was 4th behind Sutil, Webber and Button, and there's a good chance he'll grab a good position in P2. Finishing 4th in Valencia and 5th at Silverstone, he's been the image of Williams rising form. Barichello to win P2 @ 40/1

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sadly, the rain never came and we got a rather bland P2 result, but as a Ferrari fan I'm quite happy with this :) 1. Alonso 2. Vettel 3. Massa 4. Webber Rubens #9, was fighting in the top before the big guns entered. My point on Ferrari's tyres was proved correct, however - they were flying on the super softs. Too bad I didn't take Alonso on pole position, the odds will definately drop from the 9's I saw earlier today. I'll take a look at the weather forecast. If rain is expected for P3, and sunshine in the Q, we might see a poor P3 for Alonso and thus higher odds on him for pole. We'll just have to wait and see, I think.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Actually, German GP Qualifying Alonso E-W @ 9.5 (1/5 1-2-3) - boylesports Bridgestone bring their super-soft tyres to this race, and with no rain expected during the qualifying tomorrow, Ferrari should be using their favourite tires in this one. Both Massa and Alonso were flying with these tyres in P2 - Alonso won ahead of Webber, Massa 3 and Vettel 4. Alonso was near the top throughout the entire practice, and I expect him to be near the top in the qualifying. However, the Red Bulls have been so dominate in the Qualifiers so far, so I'm playing it safe with an EW bet to cover some losses if Alonso is only top 3.

Actually, German GP Qualifying Alonso E-W @ 9.5 (1/5 1-2-3) - boylesports Bridgestone bring their super-soft tyres to this race, and with no rain expected during the qualifying tomorrow, Ferrari should be using their favourite tires in this one. Both Massa and Alonso were flying with these tyres in P2 - Alonso won ahead of Webber, Massa 3 and Vettel 4. Alonso was near the top throughout the entire practice, and I expect him to be near the top in the qualifying. However, the Red Bulls have been so dominate in the Qualifiers so far, so I'm playing it safe with an EW bet to cover some losses if Alonso is only top 3.
With that theory in mind, im having a small play on Massa getting pole tomorrow, at 30 on Betfair, he has been mostly outqualified by Alonso this season, but I think who knows how he will respond to the Ferrari if it is much quicker, he was excellent in Baharain remember when the car had some real pace, and he was trading times with Alonso before it started drizzling again, and if the Ferrari is quickest then 30 would be very big! 1pt, F.Massa Qualifying Winner, 30, Betfair Great shout on Sutil today Crouch Potato! :clap

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Cheers Ben. Always nice when they oblige. Nico Rosberg to win practice 3 @ 13 Centrebet Rosberg's likes to go out and top a practice session and will rain possibly a factor in today's session this would help him achieve a top time. He has said that he feels his car is better set up for the wet than the dry this weekend and has been setting decent times in both conditions. Whilst RBR drivers have topped FP3 on seven occasions this year, the possible rain factor, combined with the fact that Rosberg is both German and likes to top a practice session mean this one offers some decent value at these odds Was going to take Alonso for pole, but with the possibility of rain am holding off. Obviously if it is raining he wont get to use his super soft tyre advantage, and the timing of runs can be vitally important. My mind drifts back to Malaysia when in a rain affected session Sutil qualified 4th, ahead of Hulkenberg in 5th and Barrichello in 7th.

Actually, German GP Qualifying Alonso E-W @ 9.5 (1/5 1-2-3) - boylesports Bridgestone bring their super-soft tyres to this race, and with no rain expected during the qualifying tomorrow, Ferrari should be using their favourite tires in this one. Both Massa and Alonso were flying with these tyres in P2 - Alonso won ahead of Webber, Massa 3 and Vettel 4. Alonso was near the top throughout the entire practice, and I expect him to be near the top in the qualifying. However, the Red Bulls have been so dominate in the Qualifiers so far, so I'm playing it safe with an EW bet to cover some losses if Alonso is only top 3.
two thousands of a second, you've got to be kidding me... :wall