PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited)

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited)

One problem you might have is contacting new punters such as Alice as there is no PM facility until 50 posts' date=' obviously you'll need to sort out cash etc. Just a thought in case a few new punters want to join at a later date. :ok[/quote'] What i could do is arrange a time when we are both on line and i could post my email so Billy can get it and then delete it so its not there permanently or i am on Facebook and could communicate that way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) I think you have a big problem with this taking off to be honest. You all need to be signed up to a legal contract in my opinion. This is a lot of money potentially, and although I'm sure you all have best intentions - money changes people. I would discuss the legal aspect before any cash is dealt with, and I would want a disclaimer that PL is not liable for anything. ;)

I think you have a big problem with this taking off to be honest. You all need to be signed up to a legal contract in my opinion. This is a lot of money potentially, and although I'm sure you all have best intentions - money changes people. I would discuss the legal aspect before any cash is dealt with, and I would want a disclaimer that PL is not liable for anything. ;)
I understand the concern Paul, but it really isn't enough money to change me. ;) Besides I'm not that anomynous in the racing world, I'm a published writer and a racehorse owner, as well as having too much to lose I'm easily found. I haven't the time to research the legal side of things so for those interested it's going to have to be a case of trusting me or not being involved. The whole reason behind this is fun, for me anyway. Although, again I understand the concern, especially from a PL point of view. If you prefer, once the trial run this week is out the way, and if we decide to make this a long-term runner, we could organise everything away from PL? It might be such a 'mare to organise that we give up after Saturday anyway. :\ :ok

It might be such a 'mare to organise that we give up after Saturday anyway. :\
The selection process was always going to be the problem, for what its worth my opinion is that just a couple of the syndicate should be appointed as the selection committe and others are invited to buy shares but have no say in how the bet is placed. I know some big syndicates are run like this or were? As long as people know this from the outset and are joining on that basis there shouldnt be any problems.

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) A couple of quick points: Selections: Perhaps BH has a decent point regarding a panel: BTP appoints a panel (his decision alone on personnel and number involved) who, along with him, analyse every race in the line (irrespective of the share they are entitled to) and give their selections (privately to him alone). Once the selections are in at midday on the saturday, rather than then having to quickly analyse the races that haven't been covered by all syndicate members best bets the selections will have already been done by the panel and can be added to the line quickly. If all races are covered the panel's selections are not required. However, I am more than happy to be guided by BTP solely on the selection process and will not question his final decision as he is the guy who has taken the time to set this up and is also taking responsibility/hassle of the organisation that comes with such a venture. Legalities: Perhaps I am too trusting, however at no time has it crossed my mind that BTP would pull a flanker on us otherwise I wouldn't have put my money down. If BTP decides that a contract is required I will sign it, if not, I am happy to go in eyes wide open to this syndicate with my full trust in BTP. Hope that gives one members point of view. Oh and Billy, if you run off with the cash... i'll hunt you down like a dog!! :rollin

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Regarding the more recent posts my views are- selections: I would be happy for Bill to have the final decision on all selections. We can all PM him regarding any strong views we have on a particular race/animal, which no doubt Bill would take fully into account before finalising the entry. Bill is putting a lot of work into this and I do not know anyone with a better knowledge of the game. Legalities: I am not interested in a legal agreement. I have trust in Bill but have no problem if PL require a statement to the effect that they have no liability.

I understand the concern Paul, but it really isn't enough money to change me. ;) Besides I'm not that anomynous in the racing world, I'm a published writer and a racehorse owner, as well as having too much to lose I'm easily found. I haven't the time to research the legal side of things so for those interested it's going to have to be a case of trusting me or not being involved. The whole reason behind this is fun, for me anyway. Although, again I understand the concern, especially from a PL point of view. If you prefer, once the trial run this week is out the way, and if we decide to make this a long-term runner, we could organise everything away from PL? It might be such a 'mare to organise that we give up after Saturday anyway. :\ :ok
It was a general statement and not pointed at you Billy. ;) Either way, it always causes trouble. Seen it too many times. :( As long as it is done the right way, and PL disclaimer is in, then it's fine.:ok

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Been meaning to update this thread but was waiting on some news, the news isn't confirmed. There is a chance I will have a runner in an early race on Saturday. Now I won't know until tomorrow morning, if so I will not be around Saturday morning. I think the safest thing is to put this back a week. I don't want to wait and everyone starts to study, and then say it's off - better to make the decision now. Apologies for the delay but it will happen next week, same runners, same %'s etc. The deadline has still passed for that. Also gives us another few days to discuss etc. So once again, the trial will be on the 13th Feb, no need to post this week's fancies. :ok

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) OK, the plan is to go ahead with it this Saturday. We have £400 to play with. Ted has paid me his through pay pal (many thanks), I will place the bet and collect the money after - hadn't had time to sort it this week. Please PM me for Paypal details asap. I'm think we should split this over two weeks. Three of the legs this week contain long-odds on shots (Master Minded, Denman, Long Run) - so I don't think we need 200 lines. I will make up my mind after I see the selections. But I won't use the 400 for the sake of it, it may be a case of using some this week and the rest next week when it's more suitable racing. So the plan is, those below are in unless they post that they want to cancel (no probs). Please post your selections before 11am on Saturday, if you don't want an input just post saying so. ---------------------- How it will work... We have 200 lines to play with. The amount of input relates to your %. chris34 fintron diamiond1924 StuSimmy Alice post your best bet of the Scoop6 races. TheRat Milen4uk Lars tedthewolf stewartd14 Wumpking Stevet1859 cc75 markmywords post up to two bets of the Scoop6 races. billy the punter post up to seven selections from the Scoop6 races. Dave in The Lakes post up to ten selections from the Scoop6 races.

• Bets are to be posted before noon on Saturday.
  • Those who do not want to select please say before noon on Saturday.
  • You don't have to select to your full allocation, those in the 2nd group can pick just one if they wish, and so on.
  • You can have more than one selection in one leg if you wish, providing you have bets of course.
  • If someone posts the same horse of you do not change your mind in order to get another selection to count, more confidence means we can banker certain legs - try and be honest with your best bets etc.
  • Small amount of reasoning is required for all selections.
  • If you don't fancy anything just say, there is no pressure regarding winners but I think it's better to say "no bet" than stick the pin in.
  • As this is a one-off trial I will place the bet and should we lose collect the money - I'm sure I can trust you all. If we do start a regular syndicate you will be tied in for a month and money will be paid up front.
  • Those allowed more than one selection please grade your bets in order of strength.
  • Everyone's NAP will be in the bet and where possible all selections will be used, as the organiser I will have final say in any decisions that are forced. Someone has to. ;)

Of course it's not going to be an exact science but I think the above will give us a good starting point for the bet. Ok I think that is everything. Any comments welcome. You can pull out now if you wish, no worries. I hope this is all ok with the mods - let me know if there are any problems. :ok Looks like these are the legs...

2:00 NEWtotescoop6 Handicap Hurdle Cl2 3m110y CH4» Card
2:15 WARtotesport.com Kingmaker Novices´ Chase Grade 2 Cl1 2m CH4» Card
2:30 NEWAon Chase Grade 2 Cl1 3m CH4» Card
3:05 NEWtotesport Trophy Hurdle (Handicap) Grade 3 Cl1 2m110y CH4» Card » Betting
3:20 WARtotesport 0800 221 221 Handicap Chase Cl2 2m4f110y CH4» Card
3:40 NEWtotepool Game Spirit Chase Grade 2 Cl1 2m1f CH4

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Billy I don't get paid for 2 weeks and have no money in my bank at the moment as I have withdrawn it all, so if you are willing to hang on until then for my fiver then still count me in, if not feel free to drop me out of it for this week, let me know though as I would like to put up a selection :ok

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) I think the big syndicates will take it down this week. Although it's a rollover I don't see the pay-out being large. They will banker Long Run, Denman and Master Minded and then cover the field for the three handicaps (hoping for a shock result). It comes to £9120. Therefore I think we will see multiple winners and a smaller than expected pay-out. We will still go ahead, but like I said above, we may not stake all of the funds this week. It may turn out that a normal week's dividend is greater than a rollover week's such as this. Everyone's % remains the same regardless of the amount staked. This is based on the 6 current TV races, they may bring another TV race in and use it to make it more competitive. DON'T FORGET TO CANCEL IF YOU WANT TO PULL OUT. POST YOUR SELECTION(S) POST SAYING YOU DON'T WANT AN INPUT BEFORE 11am TOMORROW - some tonight would be great.

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) I think the big syndicates will take it down this week. Although it's a rollover I don't see the pay-out being large. They will banker Long Run, Denman and Master Minded and then cover the field for the three handicaps (hoping for a shock result). It comes to £9120. Therefore I think we will see multiple winners and a smaller than expected pay-out. We will still go ahead, but like I said above, we may not stake all of the funds this week. It may turn out that a normal week's dividend is greater than a rollover week's such as this. Everyone's % remains the same regardless of the amount staked. This is based on the 6 current TV races, they may bring another TV race in and use it to make it more competitive. DON'T FORGET TO CANCEL IF YOU WANT TO PULL OUT. POST YOUR SELECTION(S) POST SAYING YOU DON'T WANT AN INPUT BEFORE 11am TOMORROW - some tonight would be great.

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Hi Billy I'm still in but don't feel I have the necessary expertise to make any selections for this week's Scoop 6 and I don't want to bugger any lines up ! I've PM'd you for the Pay Pal details to make payment to you as requested. Let's hope for a good start to this syndicate !

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) My selection for tomorrow: 2.00 Newbury Really like Triggerman in this very competitive handicap hurdle. Johnson won a decent enough novices hurdle on him in november, has been riden by apprentices since and made handicap debut last time out in lanzarote on far from ideal ground conditions finishing 4th and form working out well as you would expect, dropped 2lb for that effort and better ground forecasted today and open to a lot more improvement and 11/1 looks big from pp Selection: Triggerman

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) 2.00 Newbury ended up with the two at the bottom end of weights and have gone for THE REAL DEAL who is back to hurdles today and has a very fair mark. Ground to suit and both Trainer and Jockey in good form. Should go well and is the best of my two selections the other being in the 3.05 got it down to two 40/1 shots and it was a toss up between Songe and the selection ARCH REBEL who Noel Meade brings over from the Ireland and i don't think its for a holiday. A decent animal who runs mainly on the flat and has only had ten races over hurdles in just over five years but has done ok. Has a chance imo.