PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited)

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Very flat run by Herecomesthetruth yesterday. Backed off the boards all day long and started fav. POS fell early and he still finished last. No excuses there. Such a run wasn't expected though. I was told connections are backing him and he was well fancied. That was after I placed my bet and it was a boost, but wasn't to be. On the Scoop6 as a whole, we should have gone with Burton Port as a banker and as Billy said we could have had Monets and Herecomes for a race that was much more trickier. Even if Burton Port was beaten, he would have been 2nd and we would have hat the placepot alive. Maybe something we need to change for the future? Even if Stew picked Knockara Beau and I Burton Port, sometimes it's neccessary for Billy to take a decision and scratch one of them.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited)

Very flat run by Herecomesthetruth yesterday. Backed off the boards all day long and started fav. POS fell early and he still finished last. No excuses there. Such a run wasn't expected though. I was told connections are backing him and he was well fancied. That was after I placed my bet and it was a boost' date=' but wasn't to be. On the Scoop6 as a whole, we should have gone with Burton Port as a banker and as Billy said we could have had Monets and Herecomes for a race that was much more trickier. Even if Burton Port was beaten, he would have been 2nd and we would have hat the placepot alive. Maybe something we need to change for the future? Even if Stew picked Knockara Beau and I Burton Port, sometimes it's neccessary for Billy to take a decision and scratch one of them.[/quote'] Easy in hindsight though isnt it ? With the placepot often not being enough to cover our outlay, I think the intent of this project is to try and hit the jackpot, with hopefully the placepot to cover the bet. If we had singled Burton, and coupled Herecomes and Monets ... then Herecomesthetruth and Knockara Beau won - some people would be saying the same thing, but the other way round. As I say, its easy to say: "Oh we should have singled that one" in hindsight. We did what seemed safe at the time. You say if we singled Burton and he lost, he would still have come 2nd. However, the only horse that could have beaten him was Knockara - we could have landed the other 5 lines and lost out on the win pool because we singled line 1. I do believe there are different methods we can use though - which allows us to select more horses. I will throw them out next week, although I think Trotter or Fin touched on them elsewhere.

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) I'm not involed in this but imo you should of had two in leg five and used banker in leg 1 which was the easier of the two races to choose the winner from, leg 5 was very open and needed two selections where as leg 1 was just two horses in it, maybe three at a push. This is not in hindsight, its also what I thought at the time.

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited)

I'm not involed in this but imo you should of had two in leg five and used banker in leg 1 which was the easier of the two races to choose the winner from, leg 5 was very open and needed two selections where as leg 1 was just two horses in it, maybe three at a push. This is not in hindsight, its also what I thought at the time.
Yes - can you see the issue though, that in this thread we had: Leg 1: 2 x Knockara Beau and 1 x Burton Port selections Leg 5: 1 x Herecomesthetruth Quite hard for Billy, or anyone else for that matter, justifying bankering leg 1 considering the selections posted. I do, however, agree that in terms of difficulty, it would have been worth having more selections in race 5 - maybe we need to try and allocate the number of horses we want for each race after analysing how difficult they are. Then we know in advance how many we are going for. For example: Leg 1 (1) Leg 2 (2) Leg 3 (3) Leg 4 (2) Leg 5 (2) Leg 6 (4 selections) Might work .......?

Re: PL Scoop6 Sydicate (Revisited) Trial over and I think with some tweaking it can be a runner. Will post some thoughts on a new thread soon. Had planned to start this week but I've had flu so bit behind schedule - also I have a stag do at Lingfield on Saturday so it probably worked out for the best! The trial syndicate has 48 in hand still but I will sort all that out. Look out for the new post in the next day or so and we will start on the 6th March. :ok