superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

Sport Boxing
Event Audley Harrison - Michael Sprott
Selection Audley Harrison by KO' date=' TKO or DQ
Strength 10/10
Date 09/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Heavyweight - For the vacant European title, Audley Harrison (26-4, 19 KO) faces veteran contender Michael Sprott (32-14, 17 KO) in a rematch of their February 2007 fight where Sprott won via TKO-3. However, Sprott was down in the first and looked all over the place before the stoppage came with a wild left hook. Since then, Sprott has suffered heavy defeats while Harrison claims to be "re-born". I hope Harrison will win by stoppage. Good luck!
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Boxing
Event Simphiwe Nongqayi - Malik Bouziane
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 09/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.67 (Back)
Reasoning Junior Bantamweight - Simphiwe Nongqayi (16-0' date=' 6 KO) holds the IBF version of the super flyweight title, and he travels to Malik Bouziane's (13-1, 1 KO) hometown of Massy in his first defence. Nongqayi has defeated popular fighter Jorge Arce to capture the belt, and has also defeated his brother Francisco Arce in an eliminator. Some might know Bouziane who featured on Sky last year when he defeated Ian Napa. This fight will last the distance I think, so choose OVER 11.5 here. I hope Simphiwe Nongqayi will win. Good luck!
Bet365 Success :nana:nana:nana
:eyes Draw no bet... 40 pts on Nongqayi - Bouziane OVER 11.5 @ 1.33

Sport Boxing
Event Darren Barker - Affif Belghecham
Selection Darren Barker by decision
Strength 9/10
Date 09/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Middleweight - Darren Barker (21-0' date=' 14 KO) challenges for the vacant European middleweight title against Affif Belghecham (19-4-1, 4 KO) at the Alexandra Palace. Belghecham nearly stopped Andy Lee in his last outing, so he's dangerous if it goes to the later rounds. Barker needs to concentrate and not look for the stoppage, or he could face trouble if he pushes the pace too high. Belghecham has never been stopped and Barker in my view is a similar puncher to Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam who took Belghecham the distance. I hope Darren Barker will win by decision. Good luck!
Great start to the weekend :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

I have nightmares about Haye walking into it and Audley winning a world title.
Exactly what I said to my mate last night, I tell you this fight is going to happen as some point, its perfect for everyone. The Den in late summer, really wouldnt surprise me. :(

Probably because the ref intervened and didn't count him out.
Thats still a KO as far as I know in the rules? , remember Pacquiao's shot on Hatton, no count and that was registered as a KO. Bizarre. :unsure

Thats still a KO as far as I know in the rules? , remember Pacquiao's shot on Hatton, no count and that was registered as a KO. Bizarre. :unsure
The ref started a count in Pacquiao-Hatton, he didn't in Harrison-Sprott. That makes it a TKO win for Harrison, KO win for Pacquiao.

The ref started a count in Pacquiao-Hatton' date= he didn't in Harrison-Sprott. That makes it a TKO win for Harrison, KO win for Pacquiao.
Cheers, Thats a ridiculous rule isnt it? :unsure Means the greatest knock out in the world would be classed as a TKO.

Cheers, Thats a ridiculous rule isnt it? :unsure Means the greatest knock out in the world would be classed as a TKO.
That's boxing for you... I think every fight stopped when a fighter is on the floor should be classed as a KO, but hey, what do I know :eyes For the safety of the fighters though...

That's boxing for you... I think every fight stopped when a fighter is on the floor should be classed as a KO, but hey, what do I know :eyes For the safety of the fighters though...
Seriously thats a disgrace in my eyes but I guess its what the record says but to be fair its BS

Seriously thats a disgrace in my eyes but I guess its what the record says but to be fair its BS
It also depends what referee you have. I mean, some give very early stoppages and don't bother to count... Some are petrefied of stopping the fight incase of controversy, so take their time to count before realising he's out cold... The worst rule is WBC's accidental headbutt rule, where there's a point deduction for the guy that's not cut... Odd... Good luck to everyone tonight!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Holyfield v Botha Pointless, non entity fight in my eyes but maybe worth a betting proposition. These boys must be close to 90 between them and to PPV is a disgrace. Cant help but think there is value to be had though. Holyfield always gives his all but his all doesnt seem to be that much these days though he is always in peak physical condition. Botha has had his dy with a few high profile fights back in the late 90s. Botha has been slightly busier since his comeback since a flit with MMA but hasnt fought close to the calibre of Evander of recent years. Botha is a crafty veteran though and i can see him seeing it through without being too much danger to Holyfield who in turn wil probably be active enough to keep he scorecards ticking. Recommended bet 50 pts Holyfield bt Botha by Dec/TD evs @ Lads

What is 112pts the equivalent in terms of cash ??? A lot of my bets are quite large - just so i have an understanding in future
Hi Andy. I kind of outlined it in post 1. All this is purely for the benefit of the thread table. I set myself a goal of doubling 1k by the end of the year by never staking 10%+ on a single bet. Figured Id open it to all with the same structure - just to keep it within a structure. So a max bet is 10% of your theoretical roll - just so the swings arent so huge and I thought it was realistic enough for others. GL bud:ok fingers crossed for the double:hope Please mate dont let thgis put you off as your input is valueble and appreciated.

Sport Boxing
Event Andre Berto - Carlos Quintana
Selection Andre Berto by KO, TKO or DQ
Strength 7/10
Date 11/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning WBC Welterweight title - Andre Berto (25-0, 19 KO) defends his WBC welterweight title against Puerto Rican former titlist Carlos Quitana (27-2, 21 KO) in HBO's main event tonight. Berto is younger, faster and much more explosive than Quintana, who struggles against a fighter with the above criteria. Berto normally takes his time, but I don't think he needs to here. I hope Andre Berto will stop Carlos Quitnana. Good luck!

Been thinking about this one and as of yet am undecided. Yordan may well be untapped potential but I considered Caballero to be king of 122lbs illustrated with his beat down of Molitor but not willing to play at 1/4. Quite interested in the unders though as both have power Cabellero proven at high level and Yordan doing what he has to. The other thing that puts me in this thought is Yordans tendancy to bulldoze in with his head and a TD could well be on the cards like the Guerrero fight? Hmmm:unsure
Yordan v Cabellero Cant quite get away from this one. I class Cabellero as the big man - literally. If Yordan is nothing above average then Cabellero should take him out and I cant but help but think that power carries up. Also think a cut or TD is also a distinct possiblity. Recommended bet 20 pts Cabellero v Jordan under 8.5 - 11/10 bet365

SportBoxing
EventAndre Berto - Carlos Quintana
SelectionAndre Berto by KO' date=' TKO or DQ
Strength7/10
Date11/04/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningWBC Welterweight title - Andre Berto (25-0, 19 KO) defends his WBC welterweight title against Puerto Rican former titlist Carlos Quitana (27-2, 21 KO) in HBO's main event tonight. Berto is younger, faster and much more explosive than Quintana, who struggles against a fighter with the above criteria. Berto normally takes his time, but I don't think he needs to here. I hope Andre Berto will stop Carlos Quitnana. Good luck!
Is that 7pts or 10pts?

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Berto v Quintana The crafty Quinatna could cause Berto problems early doors, especially with his southpaw stance. However I figure Berto will have learned a lot form his fight with Collazo and will adapt. Should be a good fight and I expect Berto to be quite relentless in his attack after a spate of inactivity. Quintana not known for his heart has a chance of caving later on, so with generous odds I will go with that. Recommended bet 5pts Berto bt Quintana rds 10-12 8/1 @ lads

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Danny Green wins via 3rd rd KO.:D Cheers to Andy for a confident post which franked the selection. Bute v Miranda. 10 pts Not to go distance @ 11/8 (lads) is superb value. Was chuffed to see Bute ITD for 5/6, but that pales into insignificance, with the above, where you get double bubble. Would strongly fancy Bute to school the one dimensional miranda, with the stoppage only a matter of time. Miranda undoubtably, has the power to upset the formbook, but he (mainly down to his chin ) usually falls short when stepping into this type of company. Abraham in the rematch and Pavlik, both destroyed him, and Bute definitely is in that class, in both power and skillset. Butes' destruction of the iron-willed Andrade in his last outing, was a timely reminder, that the official 'super6' tournament is missing one of the top super-middles out there. Bute via pts at 21/10 guarantees a virtual arb, because no way would miranda get the nod even if it did go 12. More than happy with the 11/8, when the Under 9.5 is at 6/5 though. One for next month. 10 pts Bika over Brinkley @ 4/6 sportbet. This price will dip. The teak tough and awkward Bika has been inactive, but he should be different gravy to an opponent who i have down as an honest club fighter.

Danny Green wins via 3rd rd KO.:D Cheers to Andy for a confident post which franked the selection. Bute v Miranda. 10 pts Not to go distance @ 11/8 (lads) is superb value. Was chuffed to see Bute ITD for 5/6, but that pales into insignificance, with the above, where you get double bubble. Would strongly fancy Bute to school the one dimensional miranda, with the stoppage only a matter of time. Miranda undoubtably, has the power to upset the formbook, but he (mainly down to his chin ) usually falls short when stepping into this type of company. Abraham in the rematch and Pavlik, both destroyed him, and Bute definitely is in that class, in both power and skillset. Butes' destruction of the iron-willed Andrade in his last outing, was a timely reminder, that the official 'super6' tournament is missing one of the top super-middles out there. Bute via pts at 21/10 guarantees a virtual arb, because no way would miranda get the nod even if it did go 12. More than happy with the 11/8, when the Under 9.5 is at 6/5 though. One for next month. 10 pts Bika over Brinkley @ 4/6 sportbet. This price will dip. The teak tough and awkward Bika has been inactive, but he should be different gravy to an opponent who i have down as an honest club fighter.
Thanks for the heads up at Ladbrokes :D I like the Under 9.5 too @ 2.2 Boylesports

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread refrained from coming on after a poor weekend....lost on what i called right but harrison found THAT punch:$.....tempted just to stick with wins and stop trying to call exactly how the fight will go....back to old school me thinks!

Bute v Miranda. 10 pts Not to go distance @ 11/8 (lads) is superb value. Was chuffed to see Bute ITD for 5/6, but that pales into insignificance, with the above, where you get double bubble.
That's a really good spot. I'd already put my money down on Bute by KO, TKO etc because Lads were the standout price by a fair bit but I've totally gone and missed that one. Great price, especially as Miranda could always find that punch, Bute nearly got KO'd by Andrade didn't he and I know Golovkin KO'd him in the amateurs so you never know

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread It's odd how Bute ITD is priced at 5/6, but fight not to go the distance at 11/8...

Sport Boxing
Event Lucian Bute - Edison Miranda
Selection Fight not to go the distance
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.37 (Back)
Reasoning IBF Super Middleweight Championship - Lucian Bute (25-0, 20 KO) has successfully defended his IBF trinket four times and will look to extend that against Colombian power-house Edison Mirana (33-4, 29 KO). Lucian Bute is closing in on the pound-4-pound top 10, which shows how good he really is. Edison Miranda is on the decline following two heavy defeats at the hands of heavy punchers, Arthur Abraham and Kelly Pavlik. Bute is not as big a puncher, but he does have a fair pit of pop in those right hands. I was surprised to see Lucian Bute by stoppage as high as 5/6, but this is just nuts. The only way Edison Miranda will win is by knocking Lucian Bute out, so why have the odds increased to over evens? For me, this is exceptional value. I hope this fight won't go the distance. Good luck!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread I know this is too late for the table, and I don't think it's allowed as it's a treble... Last week, I placed a treble for Berto, Holyfield and Bute to win, and it came out at evens... That's ridiculous... Here's some more about Bute-Miranda Lucian Bute by KO, TKO or DQ @ 1.83 Ladbrokes I personally think that Edison Miranda can be classed as a shot fighter. He's nowhere near as threatening at this point than two years ago, and I think the Colombian bomber has been diffused. Lucian Bute will capitalise on this, looking to stop Miranda impressively to land a later HBO date with the winner of the other fight taking place this weekend, Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez, which is a split-site broadcast. Bute-Pavlik has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Strength 15 points Lucian Bute - Edison Miranda Under 9.5 Rounds @ 2.2 Boylesports As my above post states, I think Bute will stop Miranda. Is Miranda game enough to last ten rounds? Probably not. Miranda has been stopped twice in his career, Pavlik TKO-7 and Abraham KO-4. Pavlik and Abraham are heavier punchers than Bute, but the accumulation of punches that Bute will land should be too much for Miranda to take, despite his supposed 'granite chin', which I feel is overrated. Strength 9 points Lucian Bute to win in round 6 @ 17.00 Boylesports I'm kicking myself after last week, where I predicted on a boxing forum that Berto would win by TKO-8, and not putting something down on the exact round. So here I am, doing the first sin of betting which is chasing your bets. Anyway, for fun and maybe the 10% chance of success, I think the middle round group is the best option, and for me, Bute will stop Miranda in the sixth round with a right hand, left hook combination (no odds for that I'm afraid :tongue2). Bute TKO-6 Strength 2

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Glad i could bring the Green wager to your attention lads - any opinions yet on how the Vasell - Purdy fight will finish ??? Sportingbet.com are offering just over evens for the Vasell KO - i fancy it, just need some feedback !!!

Glad i could bring the Green wager to your attention lads - any opinions yet on how the Vasell - Purdy fight will finish ??? Sportingbet.com are offering just over evens for the Vasell KO - i fancy it' date=' just need some feedback !!![/quote'] struggling for time at the minute. will get back.

I'm waiting on Robert Stieglitz vs. Eduard Guktnecht... Despite Stieglitz defending his WBO super middleweight title' date=' I have a feeling that Guktnecht will be massively over-priced... Let's hope so ;)[/quote'] Guk's price has been up for a good while now. He does'nt seem to have any pop, which puts me off, as i reckon he needs to finish it inside. interested in spada's rematch also. Bad feeling between the two. Tony the tiger should prevail too. waiting for props.