** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

Sport Boxing
Event Rocky Juarez - Jason Litzau
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 04/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.22 (Back)
Reasoning Junior Lightweight - Rocky Juarez (28-5-1, 20 KO) will face Jason Litzau (26-2, 21 KO) in a tough 130 pound contest on the undercard of Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones Jr. II. Juarez is a seasoned campaigner, having been in many title shots and on HBO PPV undercards as often as anyone else. Jason Litzau has a flashy record and a powerful agressive style, but his chin is as fragile as any of Juarez's twenty opponents that have been stopped. Juarez, the better fighter, should stop Litzau here, UNDER 8.5, but I think this is a safe bet. I hope Rocky Juarez will win. Good luck!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Boxing
Event Miguel Angel Garcia - Tomas Villa
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 04/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.18 (Back)
Reasoning Featehrweight - Miguel Angel Garcia (20-0, 17 KO) faces warrior Tomas Villa (22-6-4, 14 KO) in an intriguing featherweight contest that will show Garcia's credentials to the full. Miguel Angel Garcia is definitely one of the brightest stars under 147 pounds, and I expect him to come out on tops here and maybe stop the rugged warrior Villa. I hope Miguel Angel Garcia will win. Good luck!

Sport Boxing
Event Ismayl Sillakh - Daniel Judah
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 04/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.18 (Back)
Reasoning Light Heavyweight - Ismayl Sillakh (11-0, 10 KO) faces his toughest test to date against Daniel Judah (23-4-3, 10 KO), who went the distance with Glen Johnson only recently so I don't expect a stoppage win for Sillakh. I think Sillakh is the better fighter and more equipt of both him and Judah. I hope Ismayl Sillakh will win. Good luck!

worth a read http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/mcgovern/2010/04/03/quiet-man-could-be-up-to-silencing-haye-115875-22158768/ 'David Haye is an accident waiting to happen in the heavyweight division'
Hmm Intersting!!!! Then again the Media thought Valev was gonna beat him and he didnt also im not betting on this at least

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Just the one in the main event for me tonight. 6pts D.Haye vs J.Ruiz - Under 9.5 rounds 8/11 Bet365 John Ruiz has impressed me in the lead up to this fight with his demeanor and manner around the hype but it's a whole different ball game when he's in the ring getting pinged with pure power. I suppose we don't know a lot about Haye at heavyweight and we may find something else out tonight but I expect Haye to win and I expect him to get the job done within 9 rounds. I accept Ruiz has only been KO'd once and that was a long time ago but I really feel Haye's power is crunching, particularly for a 38 year old. The flip side to this bet of course is if Ruiz cops Haye, who's chin is still a bit of an unknown, and does it early then we've got that covered. Stamina could yet be an issue for Haye who wants to send out a message tonight. I think he'll do that with a stoppage around the 6th or 7th round but for safety I'll give him the 8th on our side too.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread D.Haye to win by KO - 9/4 D.Haye to win between rounds 7-9 - 11/2 Just dont think Ruiz can go the full 12, yes hes only ever been knocked out once, but Haye has a lot to prove imo, and should have enough in him to see this fight out within the 12 rounds. The 7-9 rounds bet is just a gut feeling :hope:hope

D.Haye to win by KO - 9/4 D.Haye to win between rounds 7-9 - 11/2 Just dont think Ruiz can go the full 12, yes hes only ever been knocked out once, but Haye has a lot to prove imo, and should have enough in him to see this fight out within the 12 rounds. The 7-9 rounds bet is just a gut feeling :hope:hope
that will do me nicely shame It wasnt a KO but im not complaining.... easy win for haye and some nice winnings for me :lol :cash:cash

Haye to win in rounds 7-12: SkyBet 13/8 Sporting Bet 7/4 Ladbrokes 3/1 Do you think this is an error or are they just confident Haye will end this within 6 rounds? I expect Haye to win by KO but I just don't know how early he can get the job done. Those odds look like stand out value, especially in comparison to the rival firms that don't even go 2/1. This is a John Ruiz at the wrong end of his career, he might be awkward and ugly to box but Haye is often accurate and a succession of big shots will see Haye victorious on the night. I just don't see this going 12 rounds and although there are stamina doubts I can see it being over by the 9th-10th round and a possible awful rematch with Valuev that was apparently in the original contract.
:dude I wasn't quite :nanawhen Ruiz went down in the 1st, he wobbled towards the ref on 8 count and I thought it was getting stopped. He did well to last so long. Well done to anyone else cashing on the fight. :ok

:dude I wasn't quite :nanawhen Ruiz went down in the 1st' date=' he wobbled towards the ref on 8 count and I thought it was getting stopped. He did well to last so long. Well done to anyone else cashing on the fight. :ok[/quote'] :lol I would have had mixed feelings after predicting a quick blow-out. It's nice to be right, not so nice to get 30 seconds of action after paying for a ticket.

:lol I would have had mixed feelings after predicting a quick blow-out. It's nice to be right, not so nice to get 30 seconds of action after paying for a ticket.
I paid £15 for Khan V Salita on Box Office so I didn't want to pay nearly £60 to see Haye in a 30 second fight. I want to see the whole fight again to see if the ref should have stopped it in the 1st, hard to see from up in the gods. :ok

I paid £15 for Khan V Salita on Box Office so I didn't want to pay nearly £60 to see Haye in a 30 second fight. I want to see the whole fight again to see if the ref should have stopped it in the 1st' date=' hard to see from up in the gods. :ok[/quote'] just watched it again this afternoon. I've seen them called off for less, he was still very glassy eyed. One thing we couldn't see was how much of a mess Haye had made of him, bust him up pretty badly. Not surprised his corner pulled him out at all.

No error mate. Just a compilers difference of opinion. Similar disparity between the firms for the 1-6 number. You can even better the 3's, by Hayes 7-9, and 10-12 group odds. I'm on haye ITD 10/11 as posted earlier..best priced 8/13 now. Still working out how Haye will approach this. Plenty of his usual headline grabbing bluff about decapitating Ruiz' head :eek but we heard similar pre-Valuev.
New bank... 41.5 pts. Everything alright superfoo? It's not like you to miss a big boxing weekend mate. I feel dirty for flagging this, but i fancy fraudley against sprott. Was dominating before THAT Sprotty peach landed :rollin. Sprott had his eyes shut when ploughing his hail mary onto aud's mush. Does'nt bear thinking about when Harrison takes this. The deluded one's mouth will be in overdrive, all on the back of a one night tourney against average domestics and a win, over a regularly beaten dom/euro level fighter. The Haye v Audley hype will then begin big-time ! :eek

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Quintana could trouble Berto, but I see Berto stopping him, even though Quintana is a better version of Collazo who gave Berto hell. What do you think guys? Harrison to stop Sprott seems likely... Had a very good week:nana Let's hope this form lasts :tongue2

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Crap, I need to break even! Evander Holyfield to beat Francois Botha @ 1.44 Betfred 30 pts Evander Holyfield to beat Francois Botha on pts @ 1.9 BoyleSports 10 pts Evander Holyfield vs. Francois Botha Over 11.5@ 1.5 BoyleSports 10 pts Audley Harrison to beat Michael Sprott @ 1.5 Coral 15 pts Andre Berto to beat Carlos Quintana @ 1.2 SportingBet 20 pts Audley Harrison to beat Michael Sprott by KO, TKO or DQ @ 1.95 Bet365 10 pts

Foo, a 9th round stoppage provides a winner on the under 9.5 round mate :ok. Dafs, what's your reasoning for those bets ;).
Evander Holyfield to beat Francois Botha @ 1.44 >Betfred 30 pts Holyfield, 47, is better than Botha, 41, who has never been that good even in his prime and relied on banned substances. Holyfield still has a tiny bit left in the tank, not much but more than Botha has, and will cruise to a close but unanimous decision. Evander Holyfield to beat Francois Botha on pts @ 1.9 >BoyleSports 10 pts Similar to the above, but only Botha has the power to really trouble their opponent, and I think Holyfield is too crafty for Botha to stop him. I'll choose this bet for SP Evander Holyfield vs. Francois Botha Over 11.5@ 1.5 >BoyleSports 10 pts Exactly the same as above, but neither are prone to cuts or ridiculous swelling so a TD is not likely... Audley Harrison to beat Michael Sprott @ 1.5 Coral 15 pts Michael Sprott got lucky the first time, I mean real lucky... He was all over the place, and I think Harrison will attempt to make a statement against Sprott. Andre Berto to beat Carlos Quintana @ 1.2 SportingBet 20 pts Quintana has the style to give Berto fits, the back-foot crafty counter-punching southpaw. He's a step-up from Collazo, who nearly defeated Berto and some feel he was robbed. But Qunitana, who's been relitavely inactive since he was pummeled by Paul Williams in 1, hasn't looked impressive in his last few bouts. He got lucky against Feliciano last time out with a gift stoppage after he was down in the second, and Feliciano is just better than journeyman status. Berto, maybe by late stoppage, waiting for markets. Audley Harrison to beat Michael Sprott by KO, TKO or DQ @ 1.95 >Bet365 10 pts Not much to it, Harrison had Sprott in trouble, and will likely stop him in the rematch.

Foo, a 9th round stoppage provides a winner on the under 9.5 round mate :ok. Dafs, what's your reasoning for those bets ;).
No probs, Ive ammended the spreadsheet, there will no doubt be others as I go on auto pilot at times....so any others for anybody just shout!!!:ok

Quintana could trouble Berto, but I see Berto stopping him, even though Quintana is a better version of Collazo who gave Berto hell. What do you think guys? Harrison to stop Sprott seems likely... Had a very good week:nana Let's hope this form lasts :tongue2
I think personally that Quintana has a little more pop than Collazo but not the chin or heart of Collazo. Like you say down to Feliciano and quitting against Cotto whilst being pushed out by his corner. Im a little confused by the punt though you state Quintanas style could give him fits but you are willing to take 1/5 on Berto winning? Im with you that Berto should win but maybe the odds a re a little skinny. As you say Berto struggled with Collazo more than anyone else who to my knowledge may be the only southpaw he has fought and yet Quintana is also a southpaw. I think the main thing there was that Berto remained composed and after the first 4 or 5 rounds maybe figured out Collazo and adapted his style.

I think personally that Quintana has a little more pop than Collazo but not the chin or heart of Collazo. Like you say down to Feliciano and quitting against Cotto whilst being pushed out by his corner. Im a little confused by the punt though you state Quintanas style could give him fits but you are willing to take 1/5 on Berto winning? Im with you that Berto should win but maybe the odds are a little skinny. As you say Berto struggled with Collazo more than anyone else who to my knowledge may be the only southpaw he has fought and yet Quintana is also a southpaw. I think the main thing there was that Berto remained composed and after the first 4 or 5 rounds maybe figured out Collazo and adapted his style.
Like you stated, Quintana doesn't have the heart to stay with Berto in the middle rounds where Collazo could... Quintana is better than Collazo, but Berto should win, and Berto will win... Not only Quintana is a horrible match-up for Berto, but Berto is a horrible match-up for Quintana... An explosive, fast, powerful, strong, full-fledged welterweight is something Quintana doesn't seem to deal very well with. I think the odds are too short for Berto and too wide for Quitnana, but I'm confident Berto will win. I waffled a bit, if you need to me explain something I will ;)

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread £800 double - Berto win @ 1.20 Danny Green to win by ko @ 1.90 with Sportingbet.com just missed out on even money for the Green ko which, in my opinion, is very generous. Manny Siaca, who was never much cop in his prime, was a career middle/super & is now boxing at cruiser !!! Besides that, the man has been extremely inactive & in with a known puncher who will go looking for it, i would be extremely surprised if he finishes the 12 rds.

£800 double - Berto win @ 1.20 Danny Green to win by ko @ 1.90 with Sportingbet.com just missed out on even money for the Green ko which, in my opinion, is very generous. Manny Siaca, who was never much cop in his prime, was a career middle/super & is now boxing at cruiser !!! Besides that, the man has been extremely inactive & in with a known puncher who will go looking for it, i would be extremely surprised if he finishes the 12 rds.
Danny Green KO is @ 2 with SportingBet at the moment, it may be my slow computer I don't know. I'll put 10 points on it...