** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Cayo v Maidana Been discussed a bit previously. This fight is really all about Maidana with the Khan factor. Maidana is a good fighter with big power but cant help but think he was a little flattered by the winover Ortiz (who had been unnecessariky hyped imo). Styles can make fights though and although I appreciate there will be a little leniancy on the cards with what may lie ahead - thats of course if it gets there. I will take a chance on the undefeated Cayo on pulling of the upset hopefully evading the big bombs whilst managing to outbox his sometimes crude opponent. Just a tickle for the value. Recommended bet Cayo bt Maidana 5 pts 4/1 @ Sporting Bet

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Guzman V Funeka With the weigh in fiasco it makes this a real tough call and probably one that should be swerved. Either way Im going to play on my initial hunch that Guzman can upset the odds. He boxed well early doors last time but faded rather badly though rallying in the last and I made it close. Regarding the weight it goes one of two ways for me... as GH says it maybe a fight that he doesnt really want - and he was rather subdued at the press conference or he simply decided not to drain himself and hopefully get away with it (last time he had to withdraw due to weakness). If the latter is the case I would certainly make it an even fight and as that is my hunch and although despicable it does favour my fighter so I will take the odds. Rcommended bet 7 pts Guzman bt Funeka 2/1 StanJames

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Henry v Garay Garay lost Campillo in his last fight whichich is no disgrace with what has happened since with his fights with Sumenov. But that knid of makes this a kind of make or break fight for Garay who in my opinion is a little under rated. Henry is coming off a career best win against Shawn George which is the only time he has won when stepped up in class - though not to this level. I think Garay will want to put himself back in the picture with this eliminator and just seeing being a better fighter having had success in the upper echelons where Henry hasnt. Recommended bet 40 pts Garay bt Henry 8/11 Bet365

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

I agree about Dirrell, got on a few weeks ago at 3.50 thinking the price would come in a bit more. It's almost a perfect stylistic matchup for Dirrell and he'll definitely get more help from the judges in Detroit than in Nottingham. I watched the Abraham-Miranda I fight again yesterday and I still can't see how anyone could have fought on with the injuries he sustained, got to be one of the toughest displays I've ever seen against a solid puncher in Miranda so I can't imagine anyone stopping him, let alone Dirrell. I'd definitely recommend watching that one for those who haven't seen it, its incredible. Abraham does have a tendency to throw wide looping punches at times and I can see Dirrell meeting him with some nice counters, check hooks as I thought he did really well against Froch but this time they'll be looked on with more favourable eyes. In those rounds where Abraham is particularly quiet, if Dirrell can make him look silly when he finally breaks out of his shell then I can see him putting quite a few rounds in the bank. AA can resemble Clottey at times with his high guard and moments of inactivity but he can also pick his shots with deadly timing and power so the KO can never be ruled out but Dirrell is very elusive, clever and did really well to stay away from Froch's power shots. I don't think Dirrell will stray too far from that gameplan against Froch, which I'm convinced would've won him the fight in the US. Definitely think there is value in the MD given Dirrell's very subjective style and I'd have been interested in the split but at 4/1 I'll leave it alone. A.Dirrell to bt. A.Abraham by Decision or TD 7.5pts 3.40 SportingBet A.Dirrell to bt. A.Abraham by MD 1pt 29.00 Skybet A.Dirrell vs. A.Abraham Over 9.5 Rounds 20pts 1.50 Boyles
Direll v Abraham Summed up perfectly by LFCPete but I cant call it. With two massively different styles quite possible that judges will sway on way or the other but having said that supposedly all 3 of them and the ref are from Michigan:unsure Missed the boat slightly but Im going majority decision either way. Recommended bet 2.5 pts each win by MD 25/1 apiece at Skybet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Yeah, it seemed to me that he said he wanted to stop but the referee and others at ringside just ignored him and kept asking the question until he decided to carry on. Arthur-Abraham-Miranda5.jpg Not really sure that picture does it justice but I've never seen such sheer balls in the ring. He took some clean shots on it, too. Anyway, hope he loses but I do like him and would love to see him KO Froch so hoping for a good fight. Well done to all who swerved the Gamboa fight earlier, dull as anything.

Direll v Abraham Summed up perfectly by LFCPete but I cant call it. With two massively different styles quite possible that judges will sway on way or the other but having said that supposedly all 3 of them and the ref are from Michigan:unsure Missed the boat slightly but Im going majority decision either way. Recommended bet 2.5 pts each win by MD 25/1 apiece at Skybet
That bit about the judges is a myth I'm pretty sure, we shall see though

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Shambolic weekend punting wise.. hatton/small -8 gamboa 1-6 -10 fun/guz not go dist -10 fun pts -5.5 morales/kretch -5 AA/dirrel -0.50 new bank +32.40 pts Maidana shows again why freddie 's not keen on amir facing him. Maidana has to have one more fight before khan HAS to get into the ring with him. Not sure what to make of dirrel's ko. Was blatantly foul play though. Makes it interesting for froch now. (Pete, you not like the cobra ?) Defeat to kessler will mean he has to overcome abraham for a semi final spot. And you can put your house on it being in Germany, especially after that disq. Hennesey can't compete with the big boys. Never could. Disgraceful scenes at the Kretchsmann fight also. Morales comes through, so more fights beckons , which i'm sorry about. Gamboa turns pedestrian and gets badly buzzed ! Has suffered flash KD's before, but this was a leg quivering, legit moment. Puts that Lopez 'duke out' on hold i reckon. good shout with guzman foo ! He should still be black balled though imo.

Shambolic weekend punting wise.. hatton/small -8 gamboa 1-6 -10 fun/guz not go dist -10 fun pts -5.5 morales/kretch -5 AA/dirrel -0.50 new bank +32.40 pts Maidana shows again why freddie 's not keen on amir facing him. Maidana has to have one more fight before khan HAS to get into the ring with him. Not sure what to make of dirrel's ko. Was blatantly foul play though. Makes it interesting for froch now. (Pete, you not like the cobra ?) Defeat to kessler will mean he has to overcome abraham for a semi final spot. And you can put your house on it being in Germany, especially after that disq. Hennesey can't compete with the big boys. Never could. Disgraceful scenes at the Kretchsmann fight also. Morales comes through, so more fights beckons , which i'm sorry about. Gamboa turns pedestrian and gets badly buzzed ! Has suffered flash KD's before, but this was a leg quivering, legit moment. Puts that Lopez 'duke out' on hold i reckon. good shout with guzman foo ! He should still be black balled though imo.
Same, I had a shocker too... Did you catch the Kretchsmann fight? What a farce fight... 8 pts - Matthew Hatton by decision @ 10/11 - Coral:clap 3 pts - Ali Funeka by decision @ 20/23 - Bet >365:wall Funeka was hard done by in the first fight, but I think he'll edge it... just. 3 pts - Victor Manuel Cayo @ 10/3 - >Paddy Power:cry Cayo is talented, but there's too many IF's and BUT's surrounding him, but it's worth a small bet... 10 pts - Gamboa - Barros Under 8 @ 1.44 - SkyBet:wall This is ridiculous, this really shouldn't go past 4 at most... 10 pts - Steve Mollitor @ 1.18 - Bet365 :eyes He won the first fight by stoppage, I doubt he'll stop Ndlovu again, but I'm certain he'll win... 10 pts - Robert Helenius @ 1.08 - Bet365:eyes Again, it seems not worth it, but Helenius will win... If you find markets, back Vicente Escobedo > Carlos Urias:D, Nkosinathi Joyi > Raul Garcia:rollin, Juan Carlos Gomez > Alexey Mazikin:D, Koki Kameda > Pongsaklek Wonjongkam (GREAT FIGHT, but :spank, Oleydong Sithsamerchai > Yasutaka Kuroki:D, Ulises Solis > Bert Batawang:rollin, Giovanni Segura > Ronald Ramos:D, Jorge Linares > Francisco Lorenzo:D... I also went for Funeka by KO:wall Not great, the wins at the tailend returned next to nothing... Oh well, better luck next time I guess...:hope I also went for Andre Dirrell on points, again not going my way... Didn't go for Alfaro, went under for Bakhtov-Kretschmann which lost, and Guzman:@ I hate him, cheat. Great call foo!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Not the best of Saturdays after a nice start on the Friday. Got a couple of the lower stakes in but my 2 main bets Garay got flattened before he started (maybe shouldve been a little more wary of Henrys power) and the under with Bakhtov missed by a round:( GH if the ref had his way you may have cashed if he DQd Bakhtov which looked a distinct possibility at the time but I was watching it in German:\

Shambolic weekend punting wise.. hatton/small -8 gamboa 1-6 -10 fun/guz not go dist -10 fun pts -5.5 morales/kretch -5 AA/dirrel -0.50 new bank +32.40 pts Maidana shows again why freddie 's not keen on amir facing him. Maidana has to have one more fight before khan HAS to get into the ring with him. Not sure what to make of dirrel's ko. Was blatantly foul play though. Makes it interesting for froch now. (Pete, you not like the cobra ?) Defeat to kessler will mean he has to overcome abraham for a semi final spot. And you can put your house on it being in Germany, especially after that disq. Hennesey can't compete with the big boys. Never could. Disgraceful scenes at the Kretchsmann fight also. Morales comes through, so more fights beckons , which i'm sorry about. Gamboa turns pedestrian and gets badly buzzed ! Has suffered flash KD's before, but this was a leg quivering, legit moment. Puts that Lopez 'duke out' on hold i reckon. good shout with guzman foo ! He should still be black balled though imo.
Na, not the biggest fan of Froch. I just don't think he's that good, I thought he'd get found out in this tournament and so it seems as I had Dirrell ahead at least by a few rounds and I think Ward would school him a la Kessler. I think he'd have a better chance against Kessler to be honest, but I'd have him underdog against both the Dane and Abraham. I have been on the wrong end of his W's in the past though, backing both Dirrell and Taylor so maybe that has something to do with it too. For the purposes of the thread, I was pretty disappointed that backers of Dirrell on pts were screwed out of a payout by Abraham and his stupidity. I had Dirrell winning 8 of the 10 rounds with the 10-8 round too so he was only 4 minutes or so away from a very comfortable victory on the scorecards. I don't think there was anything surprising in the bout, Abraham fought like Abraham does but seemed to have left his salvo too late after struggling to find Dirrell for 10 rounds. That Gamboa fight was fecking awful, never looked like putting it to bed even after the knockdown. I was impressed with him against Mtagwa but that was just terrible, reminded me a bit of Victor Ortiz against Alatorre.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Haye to win in rounds 7-12: SkyBet 13/8 Sporting Bet 7/4 Ladbrokes 3/1 Do you think this is an error or are they just confident Haye will end this within 6 rounds? I expect Haye to win by KO but I just don't know how early he can get the job done. Those odds look like stand out value, especially in comparison to the rival firms that don't even go 2/1. This is a John Ruiz at the wrong end of his career, he might be awkward and ugly to box but Haye is often accurate and a succession of big shots will see Haye victorious on the night. I just don't see this going 12 rounds and although there are stamina doubts I can see it being over by the 9th-10th round and a possible awful rematch with Valuev that was apparently in the original contract.

Haye to win in rounds 7-12: SkyBet 13/8 Sporting Bet 7/4 Ladbrokes 3/1 Do you think this is an error or are they just confident Haye will end this within 6 rounds? I expect Haye to win by KO but I just don't know how early he can get the job done. Those odds look like stand out value, especially in comparison to the rival firms that don't even go 2/1. This is a John Ruiz at the wrong end of his career, he might be awkward and ugly to box but Haye is often accurate and a succession of big shots will see Haye victorious on the night. I just don't see this going 12 rounds and although there are stamina doubts I can see it being over by the 9th-10th round and a possible awful rematch with Valuev that was apparently in the original contract.
No error mate. Just a compilers difference of opinion. Similar disparity between the firms for the 1-6 number. You can even better the 3's, by Hayes 7-9, and 10-12 group odds. I'm on haye ITD 10/11 as posted earlier..best priced 8/13 now. Still working out how Haye will approach this. Plenty of his usual headline grabbing bluff about decapitating Ruiz' head :eek but we heard similar pre-Valuev.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Since 2006 Haye has stopped 6 fighters within the 12 rounds. One was a first rounder and one was a second rounder, but as he's defending his title I can't see him going for broke so soon against Ruiz. All of his other stoppages since 06 have been in rounds 5-9, and you can get 5/1 on a KO/TKO between rounds 7-9. Personally I think it probably will go the distance as Ruiz is so hard to stop (only happened once in 54 fights) and he fights so close and holds all the time. I've gone Haye on points/decision at 5/2.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread There's value in Groves beating Adamu by decision, but I'm struggling to really predict two fights that might seem obvious to most but for me, I see the underdogs as live ones for sure. Jones is shot, Hopkins is 45 and can't deal with speed. Haye should beat Ruiz, but Ruiz is a tricky customer. I haven't seen much of Ajose Olusegan, is there point going wild on him against a shot Colin Lynes?

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Olusegan should have no problem with Lynes over 12 - i seen him box Nigel Wright last year in Liverpool & he throws a lot of shots, unorthodox & from countless angles, definitely a high volume puncher & a southpaw too which i beleive the orthodox, measured, upright Lynes will have problems with. Also, Lynes definitely appears to be slipping now, past his peak.I would reccomend Olesgun by decision Anyone any opinions on Hopkins - Jones & whether its goin to the cards or what ???

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Olusegan is a lock for mine. On the fringes of the fringes of world class imo. A big LW who does everything well. Lynes on a downward spiral nowadays. Performed well against branco in italy, and was on the wrong end of a dodgy decision, but his day has gone and olusegan is a big step up in class at this stage. Olusegan not a murderous one arrow puncher, but would'nt rule out a ref intervention down the stretch jones/hopkins has the makings of a tepid drawn-out affair does'nt it? BHop not stopped anyone in eons, and hopkins' chin amongst the elite of the sport. BUT...who'd be comfy having cash on Jones' chin lasting nearly 36 minutes if you were to play the over @ 4/6? Same applies to Hopkins pts, which would be my call. Could'nt rule out a dominant Hopkins stoppage imo.

Sport Boxing
Event Geroge Groves - Charles Adamu
Selection George Groves by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Commonwealth Super Middleweight Title - Charles Adamu (17-4, 12 KO) currently holds the super middleweight title, who he won with a controversial split decision victory over Carl Dilks. His first defence will be against one of Britain's best prospects, Geroge Groves (8-0, 6 KO). Groves has a fierce rivalry with James DeGale that I hope to see played out on the world stage rather than the domestic scene. Groves will win this fight, that's bound to happen, but can Adamu last the distance? I think he can. I hope Geoge Groves will win by decision. Good luck!

Sport Boxing
Event Bernard Hopkins - Roy Jones Jr.
Selection Bernard Hopkins by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Light Heavyweight - In a seventeen year-old rivalry, Bernard Hopkins (50-5-1, 32 KO) will hope to extract revenge over Roy Jones Jr. (54-6, 40 KO) after Jones Jr. won the first contest in 1993 by unanimous decision. Both are future hall of famers, and both are old, Hopkins 45, Jones 41, and I see this going the distance. Heavy money has been on Hopkins to stop Jones who was knocked-out in 1 by Danny Green in December 2009. Hopkins doesn't possess the power that Green does, so I think he'll win by majority decision. If Hopkins wins, maybe he can tempt Joe Calzaghe out of retirement. Remember, you heard it here first! I hope Hopkins will win by decision. Good luck!

Sport Boxing
Event Delvin Rodriguez - Mike Arnaoutis
Selection Over 9.5 Rounds
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.38 (Back)
Reasoning Welterweight - Delvin Rodriguez (24-4-2, 14 KO) is hot favourite to defeat Mike Arnaoutis (22-4-2, 10 KO), despite only winning oince in his last four fights. Arnaoutis' defeats have come to world-class oposition, Ricardo Torres SD-12, Kendall Holt UD-12 and Victor Ortiz TKO-2. His fourth defeat came against Tim Coleman SD-12, which suggests that his best days are past him. Arnaoutis' best victory came against tough veteran Jesse Feliciano TKO-1 and an impressive draw against Juan Urango. Rodriguez's second defeat came to Jesse Feliciano via TKO-8, his other two came to Issac Hlatshwayo SD-12 and Rafal Jackiewicz UD-12, which was hotly disputed. Rodriguez's more experience at a higher level serves him well in this fight, but I don't think he can stop Arnaoutis, and if he can, it will be late on. This is a competitive fight. I hope this fight goes over 9.5 rounds. Good luck!

I'm going for Hopkins on points' date=' but wouldn't be surprised if it's a majority decision... I've also heard Calzaghe is making a comeback if Hopkins wins, which could be interesting...[/quote'] His meeting with Schaefer has set the gossips off. Made me laugh, when joe went over to the GBP offices for the meeting the other week. His reasons for not going over to America, when he was fighting in his prime, was his alleged terror of flying. Can't see the attraction of coming back for Hopkins though. Now if he fancied a duke out with Froch..yeah baby.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread This will probably make you laugh but I could do with another +0.70 on my record at Sports-Punter, especially in boxing :tongue2

Sport Boxing
Event Erislandy Lara - Danny Perez
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.07 (Back)
Reasoning Junior Middleweight - Small money sounds stupid, but hey why not. Erislandy Lara (10-0, 6 KO) is one of the fast-tracked Cubans that have impressed in the amateur ranks along with Yuriorkis Gamboa. He faces Danny Perez (34-6, 17 KO) who's not the toughest test of Lara's career, but he's durable enough to probably last the distance. Expect Lara to win this by either mid-late stoppage or unanimous decision. I hope Erialndy Lara will win. Good luck!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into these things but I've picked up a couple of things on the Hopkins-Jones bout tomorrow that interest me. The first is that Hopkins, a partner in GBP, will have had a major say in the fact that if either guy KOs the other then they get a 60/40 split of the pot so I think he might be pretty confident of getting Jones out of there. Also, Jones' trainer today in Boxing News stated that he's still with Jones because he has his best interests at heart and would not hesitate to pull him out. Not sure that is the greatest soundbyte to throw out there prior to a 'big' fight. Also Jones himself has sounded despondent in the build up, slating Hopkins for being a shark who waits for people to die before feeding on them. He also basically said that he'd be retiring after this fight. Jones has been stopped 3 times out of his 5 most recent losses and was on death's door against Calzaghe. If he were to sustain anywhere near as much damage in this one then it appears he'll be pulled out sharpish. Calzaghe aside, Jones has been fighting far lesser competition in recent times whilst Hopkins schooled a top 10 P4Per in Kelly Pavlik not so long ago and although he isn't a power puncher at this stage of his career, I think he can inflict enough damage to stop Jones in the second half of the fight. B.Hopkins to bt. R.Jones Jr Rds 7-12 7.5pts 5.00 SportingBet

Sport Boxing
Event Geroge Groves - Charles Adamu
Selection George Groves by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Commonwealth Super Middleweight Title - Charles Adamu (17-4' date=' 12 KO) currently holds the super middleweight title, who he won with a controversial split decision victory over Carl Dilks. His first defence will be against one of Britain's best prospects, Geroge Groves (8-0, 6 KO). Groves has a fierce rivalry with James DeGale that I hope to see played out on the world stage rather than the domestic scene. Groves will win this fight, that's bound to happen, but can Adamu last the distance? I think he can. I hope Geoge Groves will win by decision. Good luck!
Think this is a really good bet. Not sure Groves should be fav to stop Adamu who is a seasoned campaigner, never been stopped in 9 years which includes going the distance with the hard hitting Carl Froch. I think Groves can certainly win, after all plenty thought Carl Dilks beat him last time out and Groves should be more than good enough to make it a bit clearer in the judges eyes than Dilks did. Adamu was wild at times in that fight, the only one I've seen him in, and I wasn't at all impressed with him. At 22 Groves will be far from reaching the peak of his punching power and he's already been to the cards twice. I don't think Hayemaker would have put him in with Adamu if they didn't know he was capable of doing the business and I expect him to do so handily. I think a points win should be favoured here, Groves has said himself that he expects to go deep in this one. G.Groves to bt. C.Adamu 25pts 1.33 VictorChandler G.Groves to bt. C.Adamu by Unanimous Decision 8pts 3.25 Skybet

Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into these things but I've picked up a couple of things on the Hopkins-Jones bout tomorrow that interest me. The first is that Hopkins, a partner in GBP, will have had a major say in the fact that if either guy KOs the other then they get a 60/40 split of the pot so I think he might be pretty confident of getting Jones out of there. Also, Jones' trainer today in Boxing News stated that he's still with Jones because he has his best interests at heart and would not hesitate to pull him out. Not sure that is the greatest soundbyte to throw out there prior to a 'big' fight. Also Jones himself has sounded despondent in the build up, slating Hopkins for being a shark who waits for people to die before feeding on them. He also basically said that he'd be retiring after this fight. Jones has been stopped 3 times out of his 5 most recent losses and was on death's door against Calzaghe. If he were to sustain anywhere near as much damage in this one then it appears he'll be pulled out sharpish. Calzaghe aside, Jones has been fighting far lesser competition in recent times whilst Hopkins schooled a top 10 P4Per in Kelly Pavlik not so long ago and although he isn't a power puncher at this stage of his career, I think he can inflict enough damage to stop Jones in the second half of the fight. B.Hopkins to bt. R.Jones Jr Rds 7-12 7.5pts 5.00 SportingBet
Good post. thats the worry for Hop pts is'nt it? Hopkins the most econonimal puncher in recent times, but if he catches jones with the shot that floored calzaghe, thats it. i doubted Jones' chin earlier, i should of added his temple also. A big worry.

Sport Boxing
Event Delvin Rodriguez - Mike Arnaoutis
Selection Over 9.5 Rounds
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.38 (Back)
Reasoning Welterweight - Delvin Rodriguez (24-4-2' date=' 14 KO) is hot favourite to defeat Mike Arnaoutis (22-4-2, 10 KO), despite only winning oince in his last four fights. Arnaoutis' defeats have come to world-class oposition, Ricardo Torres SD-12, Kendall Holt UD-12 and Victor Ortiz TKO-2. His fourth defeat came against Tim Coleman SD-12, which suggests that his best days are past him. Arnaoutis' best victory came against tough veteran Jesse Feliciano TKO-1 and an impressive draw against Juan Urango. Rodriguez's second defeat came to Jesse Feliciano via TKO-8, his other two came to Issac Hlatshwayo SD-12 and Rafal Jackiewicz UD-12, which was hotly disputed. Rodriguez's more experience at a higher level serves him well in this fight, but I don't think he can stop Arnaoutis, and if he can, it will be late on. This is a competitive fight. I hope this fight goes over 9.5 rounds. Good luck!
Good start to the weekend... Delvin Rodriguez UD-12 Mike Arnaoutis :tongue2 Hopefully :D will turn into :cash tonight. That Groves deal is great. I think I've found another bargain here... Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Tomas Villa Over 9.5 @ 2.10 @ Bet365... Thoughts?

Sport Boxing
Event Ajose Olusegan - Colin Lynes
Selection Ajose Olusegan to win by KO, TKO or DQ
Strength 7/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.63 (Back)
Reasoning Commonwealth Junior Welterweight - Ajose Olusegan (27-0, 13 KO) is making his second defence of his Commonwealth Junior Welterweight title against Colin Lynes (33-7, 12 KO), and Olusegan is the obvious favourite here because he will win. Lynes has been stopped by Paul McCloskey, who is not the biggest puncher, and he's shot. Olusegan is not a big puncher but I feel that the accumulation of punches will be enough to stop Lynes here in the second half of the fight. I hope Ajose Olusegan will stop Colin Lynes. Good luck!

This will probably make you laugh but I could do with another +0.70 on my record at Sports-Punter, especially in boxing :tongue2
Sport Boxing
Event Erislandy Lara - Danny Perez
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.07 (Back)
Reasoning Junior Middleweight - Small money sounds stupid, but hey why not. Erislandy Lara (10-0, 6 KO) is one of the fast-tracked Cubans that have impressed in the amateur ranks along with Yuriorkis Gamboa. He faces Danny Perez (34-6, 17 KO) who's not the toughest test of Lara's career, but he's durable enough to probably last the distance. Expect Lara to win this by either mid-late stoppage or unanimous decision. I hope Erialndy Lara will win. Good luck!
Also a winner, but definitely not deserving of a money throwing graphic.