** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Couldnt resist plus if I didnt do it now I wouldve put it off til it was unbearable... GH - will update the rest next time.

Foo

Bet No.

Market

Result

Odds

Stake

Returns

P/L

Cum P/L

Amoako bt McCallister Dec.

McCallister UD

20/1

Amoako bt McCallister

McCallister UD

8/1

Larsen v Magee over 8.5

Magee TKO 7

4/9

Sylvester bt Larsen Dec.

Sylvester TKO 10

13/8

Sylvester v Larsen over 8.5

Sylvester TKO 11

4/7

Booth v Marsh - distance

Booth cut 11

4/5

Provodnikov bt Jaregui

Provodnikov KO 8

1/4

Doanire v Vargas Under 9.5

Donaire KO 3

8/11

Morel v Penalosa Over 9.5

Morel SD

2/5

Sonsona bt Vasquez

Vasquez KO 4

6/4

Alexander bt Urango by Dec or TD

Urango TKO 8

8/11

Smith bt Dodson

Smith UD

1/2

Smith bt Dodson 10-12

Smith UD

10/1

Povetkin v Mora over 5.5

Povetkin KO 5

1/1

Povetkin bt Mora Rounds 1,2,3,4,5

Povetkin KO 5

8/1 avg

Huck v Richards inder 8.5

Huck KO 3

4/6

Gomez bt Castillo

Gomez rtd 6

8/15

Gomez bt Castillo Rds 7,8,9

Gomez rtd 6

33/1 each

Soto bt Diaz

Soto UD

1-3

Peter v Aguilera under 7.5

Peter KO 2

5/6

Mowgli

Bet No.

Market

Result

Odds

Stake

Returns

P/L

Cum P/L

Amoako bt McCallister ko/tko

McCallister UD

12/1

Bertie

Larsen bt Magee on points

Magee TKO 7

8/5

Matt

Concepcion bt Hammond

Conception points

4/5

Lawton bt Kirakosyan

Kirakosyan tko 3

7/4

Concepcion bt Omeara

O'Meara UD

11/10

Sinclair win Prizefighter

LOST

4/1

Butler win Prizefighter

LOST

13/2

Dodson bt Smith

Smith UD

2/1

Pacquiao bt Clottey ITD

Pacquiao UD

4/5

LFCPete

Chisora Bt Baker 7,8,9,10

Chisora TKO 2

4/1

Cleverley bt Brancallion 7-12

Cleverly TKO 5

5/2

Darchinain/Urango Dec double

Darchinian UD Alexander KO 8

Pacquiao bt Clottey Dec.

Pacquiao UD

2.8 ish

Peter bt Aguilera

Peter KO 2

1/3

Pacquiao V Clottey over 7.5

Pacquiao UD

1/2

Greenhoff

Kirakosyan bt Lawton ITD

Kirakosyan tko 3

15/8

Pryce/Sinclair raech final Prizefighter

LOST

4/6

Price v Sinclair ITD

Pryce SD

16/5

Hilliard bt Arron

Arron UD

100/30

Darchinian v Guerrero under 6.5

Darchinian UD

5/6

Huck ITD/Soto BT Diaz double

Huck KO 3/Soto UD

Smith bt Dodson stoppage 7-9 and 9-12

Smith UD

15/2,10/1

Gomez bt Castillo ITD

Gomez rtd 6

9/2

Gomez bt Castillo Dec

Gomez rtd 6

1/1

Kevshat

O'Meara win Prizefighter

LOST

7/1

Sinclair bt Pryce

Pryce SD

11/8

Andyharon

Dodson bt Smith KO

Smith UD

11/2

Pacquiao bt Clottey Dec.

Pacquiao UD

7/4

PaulM

Pacquiao V Clotty draw

Pacquiao UD

33/1-40/1?

Clottey bt Pacquiao pts

Pacquiao UD

22/1

Total

That looks a lot better, congrats on it getting positive:clap Cracking weekend overall for the thread! Pleasing for me, soon get positive:hope Got confused with my odds for Povetkin :$ couldnt think my maths was that bad so will blame some booze but nearly fluked both in but for 40 seconds and if the ref had given a count instead of waving it off could well have been live! Pretty close with the tickles though Castillo quitting a round too soon and a Smith KO looking very possible for a minute in the 10th Newcomer Andyharon puts his balls on the line for a big nap to kick off, calls the other fight correctly but cant quite sqeeze thin the other. Greenhoff typically consistent with his shrewdness. LFC Pete posts 3/3! Mowgli throws in a couple of good shouts. And PaulM takes a little tickle at huge odds but to no avail. :nana:nana:nana

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread I didn't include stakes with my weekend bets but they were both 10pts staked on each. Not sure you'll want to include them as it seems like after eventing but every bet on the Boxing will be 10pts unless it is round betting or exact method of victory betting. I aim to be selective and only bet the 10pts on something I feel strongly about. I'll be looking into Haye V Ruiz and initially think Haye within about 6-8 rounds but I might change my mind on that. I just feel Ruiz is past his best despite all his decent form from the past and Haye has fantastic power when landing accurately. I can't see him wanting another 12 rounder. Will post more nearer the fight with an exact bet. :ok Thanks for doing the table. :clap

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Crackin little contest (on paper) this friday for the British featherweight title. Unbeaten Martin Lindsay making his first defence, since a very impressive stoppage of the highly touted Paul Appleby. His opponent jamie arthur, coming in on the back of 6 wins, since a two year layoff. Like what i see and hear from Lindasy. Unfairly compared to Mcguigan, which can put added pressure on a fighter, but lindsay has an experienced head on young shoulders, and has shied away from the irish media overkill, in that respect. Has a deceivingly average ko ratio, with 6 from 15 wins. Mark my words, this guy has a hurtful armoury and is punching with a new found spite in his mitts. A very dangerous left hook, and overhand right are his favoured weapons. Arthur looks a game lad, and is a commonwealth medalist, and is quoted as having an excellent camp, and fighting to a plan for this contest. Does'nt seem to possess much pop himself, with only 4 stoppages on his cv, but he has been stopped twice himself. Once on cuts! and another by stoppage. The calculated Irishman, had an excellent am' career himself, winning 97 from 112 bouts. Has never been dropped, and not even took an 8 count whilst in the vest. Really like lindsay to put the hurt on arthur mid rounds on. The not to go distance @ 5/4 tempted because this should be a grueller, but taking lindsay ITD via his group rounds. His ITD odds have come into 6/4, but sportingbet offer a bit of value with their banded rounds. dutching 1-6 & 7-12 for 95/40..10 pts.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread In the very unhyped heavyweight title fight tomorrow we have America's best heavyweight Eddie Chambers 35(18)-1(0)-0 facing the younger of the Klitschko brothers, Wladimir 53(47)-3(3)-0. I'm thinking Chambers can take this one into the later rounds, with his most recent and very impressive performance against Alexander Dimitrenko in mind but I don't think the big Ukrainian was anything near what he was cracked up to be and looked very tentative, something Chambers won't see from Klitschko and a late stoppage could be a possibility. Chambers was able to make Dimitrenko fight off the back foot for large parts of the fight and backed up the big man at will. I can't see the same from Klitschko at all. Despite the obvious comparisons with Dimitrenko as far as height and reach go, that's about where it ends. Klitschko has been a bit more cautious in recent times, but it has worked and he's been ruthlessly efficient. He's not been down since facing Sam Peter in '05 and you wouldn't expect him to move away from his usual style, despite what he might have said more recently. With that in mind, I do think Chambers has it in him to at least go 8 and I do think that he can cause at least a few problems for Klitschko if not enough to win the fight. Chambers has never been stopped and a lot is being made of the size difference of the two men, however every time Wlad has been the distance it has been against men 6'2" or smaller. That might be a somewhat tentative link to make but it is interesting to note. I think the story of the fight will unfold into a familiar one with Klitschko taking some rounds to figure out Chambers, rounds in which Chambers will try to pot shot his way inside but more and more Klitschko will be able to make his size and power tell, ramming his piston jab in Chambers' face which should deter the smaller man. As the rounds go on, to the surprise of noone, we should see Klitschko take over and start to pound through more hurtful shots. Really can't decide between a late stoppage or the decision so I'll think about that one a bit more. W.Klitschko v E.Chambers Over 7.5 Rounds 25pts 1.57 Skybet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

banks ITD 100/30 ..a gift..boyles 10 pts banks pts 11/4..sportingbet 3 pts
Jeez. :eek Not seen either fight but on the Boxrec stats the KO looks a fantastic price there. :eek Someone is going to hit the canvas and Banks seems to be the strong fave to dish it out.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Wladimir Klitchsko to beat Eddie Chambers via decision 15/8 Ladbrokes - 10 points. Looks a good price this, can see this fight developing in the same way as Vitali/Johnston did with Chambers just backing up and being on the defensive for the whole fight. Chambers did go all 12 with Povetkin who has a bit of pop so his chin looks to be half decent (and only in boxing could Chambers be outclassed by Povetkin and then get the fight that Povetkin wants. :eyes) Wlad has been fairly cautious in the last couple of fights I have seen him and I dont expect him to risk too much tonight when he should be able to take it fairly easy and still come out with a wide points margin victory.

banks ITD 100/30 ..a gift..boyles 10 pts banks pts 11/4..sportingbet 3 pts
Truly a gift - did you manage to get this on GH as Im psitive they must have mispriced this though I know it was available, just think they got mixed up as 8/15 now lol. Top punting though:ok

Wladimir Klitchsko to beat Eddie Chambers via decision 15/8 Ladbrokes - 10 points. Looks a good price this, can see this fight developing in the same way as Vitali/Johnston did with Chambers just backing up and being on the defensive for the whole fight. Chambers did go all 12 with Povetkin who has a bit of pop so his chin looks to be half decent (and only in boxing could Chambers be outclassed by Povetkin and then get the fight that Povetkin wants. :eyes) Wlad has been fairly cautious in the last couple of fights I have seen him and I dont expect him to risk too much tonight when he should be able to take it fairly easy and still come out with a wide points margin victory.
I wouldn't say Chambers was outclassed at all, he got outworked in the mid to later stages but I'd say he's on a par with Povetkin as far as pure skills go and did well early on. He faded it seemed to me, but since then he's lost a ton of weight and managed to keep a good pace against Dimitrenko. Also if memory serves I think Povetkin had a fight lined up with Wlad but got injured in camp? Anyway, I agree with your pick but I've decided to take a bit more value with the UD, it is in Germany after all and I think it'll end up being a convincing victory. I do think there is a danger of a late stoppage but I'll take my chances.. W.Klitschko to bt. E.Chambers by Unanimous Decision 7.5pts 3.25 Skybet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Missed a biggie at 5/6 under 8.5 last night with Bonsu and Bailey both very strong but without chins as displayed with Bonsu getting sparked in 1st. Having said that would probably have played Latimore to beat Powell so nothing lost in the end :)

I wouldn't say Chambers was outclassed at all, he got outworked in the mid to later stages but I'd say he's on a par with Povetkin as far as pure skills go and did well early on. He faded it seemed to me, but since then he's lost a ton of weight and managed to keep a good pace against Dimitrenko. Also if memory serves I think Povetkin had a fight lined up with Wlad but got injured in camp? Anyway, I agree with your pick but I've decided to take a bit more value with the UD, it is in Germany after all and I think it'll end up being a convincing victory. I do think there is a danger of a late stoppage but I'll take my chances.. W.Klitschko to bt. E.Chambers by Unanimous Decision 7.5pts 3.25 Skybet
Cant knock that at all. Would have taken that UD, didnt realise skybet did a market on it :D Can't agree that Chambers wasnt outclassed by Povetkin though, the closest judge on the night had it 4 rounds to the Russian and I thought that was generous, I wouldnt argue if he looks better now as I havnt seen Chambers last couple of fights. Hope you are right though.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Klitscko v Chambers I think LFC Pete has summed up pretty well how the fight will progress and was tempted by both the UD and 6s for the last 3 rounds. However I can help but think that Chambers is a little live as the underdog and priced a little too highly. Dont get me wrong its a fight the Vlad should jab away and keep Chambers from getting inside in what could turn into a dominating performance. However Chambers does counter punch very effectively catching Povetkin flush a couple of times and although no considered a seriously hard hitter managed to drop the over rated 6ft7 Dimitrenko twice, so has proved he can chop down a giant and I still suspect VKs chin as sometimes he looks terrified of being hit. As unlikely as it maybe I hope Chambers can get off to a good start and offput the the methodical Russian and his chin seems relatively solid having stood up to Sam Peter for 12 rounds - a fighter that decked VK 3-4 times. Like I say it would be an upset but unlike Vlads last few opponents Chambers is capable and I managed to get 9.0 on Betfair but for the purpose of the thread will post up bookies odds:(...hopefully will get a run for the money:) Recommended bet 5pts Chambers bt Klitschko 13/2 Sporting bet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread aaaarrrrghhh. Just pressed the back button before finishing my lengthy write up. Long and short of it was: I think Chambers lack of quality opponents has resulted in him becoming over-rated. Particularly his jab and chin. I don't think he has enough power to make Wlad fully respect him and I think once he tastes Wlads jab/right cross combo he'll retreat into his shell allowing his guard to be broken down by Wlads beautifully accurate shots. I've had Wlad to KO him in the second half of the fight. 10 pts @ 9/5 with sportingbet.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Well I'd resigned myself to losing the cash. 2:55 of the 12th:lol:lol I always feel the same frustrations watching Wlad as I do when I watch Mayweather. Stop fcuking about and put him out of his misery. If Wlad was a black american he'd be the richest athlete in history.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Ah just got in, missed the fight but I think myself and Matt can count ourselves pretty unlucky there. 5 seconds left ffs.. nearly a full house. I struggle to see where either Klitschko goes from here, Haye seems to be the only option right now unless they are going to abandon the American audience for good and I think the Sosnowski-Vitali bout says it all really.

Ah just got in' date=' missed the fight but I think myself and Matt can count ourselves pretty unlucky there. 5 seconds left ffs.. nearly a full house. I struggle to see where either Klitschko goes from here, Haye seems to be the only option right now unless they are going to abandon the American audience for good and I think the Sosnowski-Vitali bout says it all really.[/quote'] I can see how you might feel aggrieved, being so close. But I still think the KO was the right call. Wlad could have picked a round to take him out in. Where do they go from here? Well as far as I can see the future of heavyweight boxing is in Europe. The old Eastern Bloc seems to have a non-stop conveyor belt of giant Slavs who are beggining to show some real promise. Povetkin is obviously the closest to toppling the Klits (even though he's not really a giant). The next guy to watch out for is Pulev, the guy who stopped Skelton. I'd put money on him being Heavyweight champion within 20-25 fights.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Weighed in superfoo. They halved the stakes though, but never had a problem with the irish outfit. Been with 'em a long time. Only two firms had odds up at the time, they only cut the price when the other firms priced up 24 hrs later. 10/1 for freight train ko did'nt last either. i know it's difficult with work etc, but there's a few wrong stakes from last week mate. Doubled hatton's 1/2 with small for 1.93..8 pts. think this price will come into the 1.44 range.

I can see how you might feel aggrieved, being so close. But I still think the KO was the right call. Wlad could have picked a round to take him out in. Where do they go from here? Well as far as I can see the future of heavyweight boxing is in Europe. The old Eastern Bloc seems to have a non-stop conveyor belt of giant Slavs who are beggining to show some real promise. Povetkin is obviously the closest to toppling the Klits (even though he's not really a giant). The next guy to watch out for is Pulev, the guy who stopped Skelton. I'd put money on him being Heavyweight champion within 20-25 fights.
Good call with the KO Paul,:clap was tempted by last 3 myself. I agree that Vlad could more or less put him away at any point but I think the main point is that even though he can he is soooooo reluctant to go for it. I dont fully understand if this fear of getting chinned or fear of burning out (he needed a breather when he failed to finish him in the second/third?), he also looked a little disappointed as if his chance had gone. I think the guy does feel tremendous pressure though. Either way I reckon you should by Manny a beer on that chance meeting you may have as if it wasnt for his speech before the last I dont think Vlad wouldve gone for it and simply coasted it. Good balls from Chambers but he was spent and Manny knew it! How entertaining would he be though if he fought like the 12th in every fight?!!!!

I can see how you might feel aggrieved, being so close. But I still think the KO was the right call. Wlad could have picked a round to take him out in. Where do they go from here? Well as far as I can see the future of heavyweight boxing is in Europe. The old Eastern Bloc seems to have a non-stop conveyor belt of giant Slavs who are beggining to show some real promise. Povetkin is obviously the closest to toppling the Klits (even though he's not really a giant). The next guy to watch out for is Pulev, the guy who stopped Skelton. I'd put money on him being Heavyweight champion within 20-25 fights.
Good call with the KO Paul,:clap was tempted by last 3 myself. I agree that Vlad could more or less put him away at any point but I think the main point is that even though he can he is soooooo reluctant to go for it. I dont fully understand if this fear of getting chinned or fear of burning out (he needed a breather when he failed to finish him in the second/third?), he also looked a little disappointed as if his chance had gone. I think the guy does feel tremendous pressure though. Either way I reckon you should by Manny a beer on that chance meeting you may have as if it wasnt for his speech before the last I dont think Vlad wouldve gone for it and simply coasted it. Good balls from Chambers but he was spent and Manny knew it! How entertaining would he be though if he fought like the 12th in every fight?!!!!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Matthew Hatton vs. Gianluca Branco This looks like it's going the distance, so pick the over every time... Hatton is not a big puncher, and Branco has gone 12 with Arturo Gatti and got beat up in 8 by Miguel Cotto no-less. He's 39, but Hatton has no power, especially against Branco who's been 7 pounds heavier for over a year... Don't go all out on Matthew Hatton, he's really not that good.

Well I'd resigned myself to losing the cash. 2:55 of the 12th:lol:lol I always feel the same frustrations watching Wlad as I do when I watch Mayweather. Stop fcuking about and put him out of his misery. If Wlad was a black american he'd be the richest athlete in history.
Wouldnt argue with that, the hate he gets is astonishing from some people. The Americans cant stand him just because now they cant produce a fighter that can beat the Klitchkos, in fact they are struggling for a guy who take a round off one of them. Since 2004 he has taken on everyone thrown in front of him, pretty much stopped everyone and he just gets abused, it isnt his fault that the quality of opponent is shite.

Yeah I agree with this, I think I would have got a bit lucky with it going all the way to a decision. Povetkin seems extremely talented but I'm not sure he is ready for Wlad yet, not seen Pulev yet, Boytsov can't be that far from a chance to break into the top ranks of the division and Solis will be being fast track into a big fight very soon after destroying the gatekeepers. Makes you wonder just how different the history of the heavyweight division of boxing might have been if it wasnt for the communist eastern bloc years.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread DafsT..agree about the hatton/branco over. Not keen on the 2/5 on offer though. Did very well out of branco jobbing lynes in Italy, but would hope he'd lose the nod in blighty. Hatton is ordinary to say the least, but capable enough to take the 39 yr old to the scorecards. Played haye ITD ( 10 pts )@ 10/11. Crackin price that'll settle into the 4/7 range with the others, come fight time. Will possibly hedge him via pts too, at a later date. Can only lose this to a sucker punch.Difficult to predict how he'll approach this. Still don't think he's entirely confident in his stamina. Ruiz has the worst style of modern times, and a respected voice has whispered 'roid' concerns.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Shit load of fights this weekend. Was hoping for better, for the helenius ko. The 'Finnish tyson fury' has no body definition whatsoever, but packs a quality dig. The mercuriel Gamboa returns to Germany as a thank you. Probably be prohibitive odds when they appear. Sad to see Morales on the comeback trail in the welterweight division after a 2.5 year hiatus. A winnable fight against a lightweight beckons but hoping he loses to be honest! The big one is Dirrel v Abraham. The overs looks a lock, but again piss poor odds. Have a sneaky fancy for dirrel in this one, though not enough to play him SU. the american took a raft of criticism for his performance against froch but, his defensive skills that night were superb. Shades of pernell whitaker, who was rightly lauded for his immaculate defensive style, but the trouble with dirrel was he showed very little in the offense department. Abraham is a notorious slow starter, who likes to weigh his opponent up early doors. The only time he did'nt was when he blitzed miranada..who ain't no dirrel. Can see the cagey american utilising into his natural slippery mode whilst pot shotting himself into an early lead. His danger will come in the second stanza, when AA traditionally comes into his own. Dirrel can't stop the 'smurfman', but AA can stop dirrelI in the latter stages. I reckon dirrel will be on his bike by then,has enough to take this to the judges,where he should get better treatment than he did in the UK. A MD would'nt shock and i like the 28/1 on offer for either side to win by this mode.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread 2010 update...+70 pts 4/6 murat under 7.5..10pt +6.70 1/2 treble..10pt.+5.20 12/1 omokoa..1pt -1 7/1 brinkley..2pt -2 11/10 shumenov..10pt +11 11/10 concepcion under..10pt -10 11/10 cleverley ITD..10pt +11 4/6 de gale 1-4..10pt + 6.67 6/4 de gale 1-3..10pt +15 15/8 leva ITD..10pt +18.75 11/10 leva/not go dist..10pt +11 4/6 pryce/sinclair..10pt -10 16/5 pryce/sinc ITD..10 pt -10 100/30 hillyard ..1 pt -1 11/1 hillyard ITD..0.25pt -0.25 5/6 vic darch under..10pt -10 4/5 huck itd.soto double..10pt +8 9/2 gomez ITD..1pt + 4.5 1/1 gomes pts saver..1pt -1 smith 7-9..1pt -1 smith 10-12..1pt -1 95/40 lindsay1-6 7-12..10pt -10 11/4 banks pts..3pt -3 100/30 banks ITD..10 pt +33.33

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Nearly forgot, Roach and Khan will be praying to fcuk that Cayo sees off Maidana.:rollin Should be a decent contest this, with Cayo having a good ko'%against moderate opponents, whilst also having a hands down approach. Maidana of course, needs no invitation to swing the bombs.

Nearly forgot' date=' Roach and Khan will be praying to fcuk that Cayo sees off Maidana.:rollin Should be a decent contest this, with Cayo having a good ko'%against moderate opponents, whilst also having a hands down approach. Maidana of course, needs no invitation to swing the bombs.[/quote'] I'm going for Cayo, especially at such lovely juicy prices... Cayo is a very good operator, most importantly a good 'boxer', which Maidana can't deal with... Maidana is massively overhyped since the Oritz win, which he did well, but cmon, the guy got out-boxed by Andreas Kotelnik for at least 5 rounds... Cayo is a bit obscure, but he's very flashy, cocky, arrogant, and if he can just avoid Maidana's right hand, he should win... agree?

Missed a biggie at 5/6 under 8.5 last night with Bonsu and Bailey both very strong but without chins as displayed with Bonsu getting sparked in 1st. Having said that would probably have played Latimore to beat Powell so nothing lost in the end :)
People forgot that Powell had been on the :dude before their first fight, and for him to be level after 6 on :dude seemed like a decent bet... The OVER also was underestimated.